Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,224 members, 7,780,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:02 PM

My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures (14152 Views)

"My Government's Performance On Power Supply Is Not Good Enough" Buhari-punch / 'We Will Make Nigeria Liveable Again' - Buhari Assures / May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari, Saturday assured Nigerians that his government was working hard to reduce the rate of unemployment in the country.

Buhari, who was represented by Deputy Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Prof. Chinedu Mafiano, spoke at the 22nd convocation ceremony of the university of Abuja on Saturday.

The General Superintendent, Deeper Life Bible Church, Pastor William Kumuyi was awarded an Honourable doctorate degree along with the late Ahmadu Bello University’s historian, Dr. Yusuf Bala Usman and Alhj. Dikko Aliyu, for their contributions to nation building.

Kumuyi ( Doctor of Science) Usman (Doctor of Letters) and Aliyu (Doctor of management) joined 7,148 graduands to receive their degrees at the university’s main campus. Felix Jimoh emerged best overall graduating student.

A breakdown of the figures showed that 16 students bagged first class, 507 second class upper division, 3,143 second class lower division, 3,160 third class and 180 students had pass degrees.

President Buhari said: “My government is working hard to reduce the unemployment rates through several programmes and initiatives including the N-power, agriculture, small and medium scale businesses (SMEs), all of which are supported by government guaranteed loan scheme. I encourage you all to key into any of them for national growth and development.

“Government will devote attention to technical and vocational educational training to impact the necessary skills to our youths in a bid to provide the requisite, competent and reliant personnel that can sustain the nation’s economic activities for the required socio-economic transformation.”

He charged Nigerian universities to continue to partner governments at all levels in order to build a thriving economy.

“The Nigerian university system must continue to be partners in progress with governments at all levels. My administration recognizes that interdependency and professionals are the drivers of a thriving economy.

“If we must keep up with this global trend, education must be given its right place. My government is determined to continue to improve access to quality in our educational system.

“Consequently, infrastructure, teachers development, curriculum relevance, funding and planning will continue to receive a boost with the resolve that they will facilitate the desired change in sociology-economic, political, and technological sectors,” Buhari added.

Pastor Kumuyi, in his address, said the awardees would continue to contribute their quota to the development of the university.

He charged the graduating students to use the knowledge they have acquired to help transform the country into a global economic power.

He said: “Nigeria has many opportunities despite the challenges we face as a nation today. You must be determined to use the knowledge that you have gained at this university to help transform our nation into the global economic powerhouse that it is destined to be.

“All hands should be joined together to provide lacking structures and indispensable facilities required for academic excellence. We must focus on our vision and have faith. With our belief, ambition, determination and the fear of God, we can make university of Abuja better,” Kumuyi, said.

Vice Chancellor of the university, Prof. Michael Adikwu, noted that there had been much improvement in the activities of the university as seen in staff training and development of infrastructures.

He urged the graduands to rise up to the socio-economic challenges that the country currently faces by being creative.

He appealed to Buhari for more funds, noting that the institution still lacked adequate funding to complete crucial projects .

Prof. Adikwu said: “At this convocation, the university will be graduating a total of 7, 148 made up of 16 first class graduands in the first degree category, 507 second class upper division, 3,143 second class lower division, 3, 160 will pass out with third class while 180 of the graduands have pass degrees.

“A total of 242 higher degree graduands, made up of 91 Postgraduate Diploma holders, 78 Masters Degrees and 73 with Doctorate Degrees. We congratulate them.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/my-government-is-working-to-reduce-unemployment-buhari/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
This mad man has started again

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by FarahAideed: 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2018
We are also working and waiting to get you permanently unemployed come 2019..

191 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by 2cato: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
Too much beer is making these people talk and say foolish things and behave badly and maddly

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by 1zynnvn(m): 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
Yes,Ofcourse by reducing the population. Thanks to your herdsmen and Boko. Kudos

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by Cornel101: 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hahaha...They truly elected a comic actor as a president. A president that made millions of bread winners jobless is talking about reducing unemployment. It is only people with fish brain like you that can deceive and not me.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by sigiyaya(m): 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
What kind of problem have Nigerians gotten them self into by voting Buhari as President

Is it possible to fast forward this 2018 so we can get to 2019 so fast.

This Fulani Herdsman needs to back to DAURA real fast because his cows needs him most angry angry

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by talk2ekpa(m): 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hmmm....?

Anyways, all this stories will not keep you in Aso Rock come 2019 sha

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by BABANGBALI: 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
Just start packing your things

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
lol, I am not even interested in the rubbish he said, I am more interested in the name of the guy that represented him........ Chinedu Mafiano. only Jah knows the kind of inspiration that led to bearing of such name...............one of the numerous wonders of weed.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by Jh0wsef(m): 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
Buhari would never go unemployment unpunished

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by Tintinnoty(m): 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mr. President, I voted for you in 2015 but right now, am regretting that singular action.

You're a monumental fraud and error,

Is never too late, 2019 is another opportunity to right all wrongs

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
FarahAideed:

grin Yes we are cheesy grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by Desyner: 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2018
Dead people don't get employed. Sir, be true to the oath you swore to protect lives and not ethnic groups.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by NairaMaster1(m): 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2018
Blood of lie Mohammed. What has come over Buhari?
You couldn't provide jobs in four years is it the remaining months that will make the difference?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by santopelele(m): 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
YOUR GOVERNMENT IS WORKING HARD TO ENSURE INCREASE IN UNEMPLOYMENT

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by 400billionman: 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
Feckless news, Nairaland should verify truth, Before Posting APC lies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by omusiliyu(m): 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
Chinedu. From your mouth.

1 Like

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by Dutchey(m): 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
better work on supporting yahoo
Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by Rosarie(f): 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
i wish we could turn back the hands of time .the worst government since the history of nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by Antichristus: 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
Deadman talking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by chinawapz(m): 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
Go and sit down..

Incase you need writer that will write a unique article for you. just beep me (0_8_1_3_0_7_6_7_3_5_7)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by Yeeyo: 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
Always the same story, are u not tired of lying?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by Ratello: 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
This man, Buhari is a terrorist!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by ednut1(m): 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
FarahAideed:
would still be getting pensions and allowance tho grin

1 Like

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by gurunlocker: 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2018
This man should start a career in comedy.... Even the Npower that his government started, he has only been able to mobilize 200k out of the 500k promised.

Oh.... I forgot he created imaginary 12 million blue collar jobs

1 Like

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by salbis(m): 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hopeless leaders, governing hopeless country! #Shame.
Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by 8stargeneral: 4:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
...and we're also working very hard to send u back to daura come 2019 tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by websiteguru30: 4:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
Noted.

Contact me today for your professional website design and Website Script On 08022804449
Re: My Government Is Working To Reduce Unemployment - President Buhari Assures by bettychic(f): 4:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
We are watching...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abdulmumin Jibrin Sues Segalink, Demands N3bn Compensation For 'Defamation' / Akwa Ibom Begins Payment Of N50,000 To 1,250 Vulnerable Households / Dubai Opens Nigeria Office To Promote Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.