Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Samsung Note, Anyone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Note, Anyone? (53709 Views)

Why The Infinix Note 4 Pro Is Better Than The Samsung Note 8 / How Can I Track My Samsung Note 4 / Samsung Note 4 Screen Available. Sold!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
My Samsung Note 8 would be unboxed on Tuesday... Users should log in, let's share tips on how to maximise this beast......

A brief history of my choices....

Started my Samsung Note journey with the Note 3 variant. The Note 3 served me well for almost 4 years, it's still in active service (called on from time to time out of retirement)

I decided to buy another Android device (bought the Umidigi Z1 Pro)..... A good budget phone and does all the basics (a thread on my honest user experience, is on this forum).....

Wanted another upgrade (like we all gadget freaks always do). After loads of forums reading and YouTube watching, I had a shortlist. It was either going to be the Oneplus 5T or Samsung Note 8 duos.

I eventually settled for the Samsung Note 8 duos, but before I did, both processor selections on offer was another headache. After reading about both and asked a few questions on another thread, I settled for the Exynos processor.

Bought brand new from a Samsung outlet in Ibadan, at an eye watering cost of N300,000. Comes with a Samsung 2 years warranty, also bought wireless charging pads and original Samsung Note 8 case protection (protects the device like a glove) front, back and everywhere........

Enough story for now, till unboxing on Tuesday or Wednesday......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by fibonacci2526: 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello!!! I don't have a note 8 oooo. I dey beg God so I can be loaded like you.

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2018
fibonacci2526:
Hello!!! I don't have a note 8 oooo. I dey beg God so I can be loaded like you.

Madam, stop pretending o .... Nah your brake light dey guide me......

16 Likes

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by TourismMan(m): 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
Ok following...
I will also be unboxing my Nokia Torch Light on this thread.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by TourismMan(m): 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2018
Meanwhile, Oga congrats on your new device. 300k no be beans o. If I get dat kind money, I go use am buy bags of Garri dey drink am like I wan die.

22 Likes

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2018
TourismMan:
Ok following...

I will also be unboxing my Nokia Torch Light on this thread.

Unboxing is unboxing..... Either Nokia torchlight, Blackberry 8520 or Samsung Note 8.........

We await your unboxing.....

13 Likes

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Anchor84: 10:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mr jaiyeoba 1,ur in Nigeria?pls paste me ur number lemme call u sir.
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
Anchor84:
Mr jaiyeoba 1,ur in Nigeria?pls paste me ur number lemme call u sir.

You almost got my name finish.... Fear dey catch me o... Abeg, refresh my memory.......
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2018
Garri + Kulikuli on the menu, for the next 8 months.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 11:22pm On Feb 24, 2018
I decided against buying Samsung's wireless pad (too expensive). So I settled for a 3rd party equivalent......

The perfect compliment, at a fraction of the price....

1 Like

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 11:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
And this is the mai guard on protection duties......

7 Likes

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Anchor84: 7:42am On Feb 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You almost got my name finish.... Fear dey catch me o... Abeg, refresh my memory.......
came frm ogbomoso(Lautech) to pick my Curve7 dat i later collected a white curve4 with curve7 pack and Accessories in Bashorun Ibadan.Tunjiano.
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:25am On Feb 25, 2018
Anchor84:
came frm ogbomoso(Lautech) to pick my Curve7 dat i later collected a white curve4 with curve7 pack and Accessories in Bashorun Ibadan.Tunjiano.

Wow... That was way back, many years ago... How you dey Oga?
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Anchor84: 10:27am On Feb 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Wow... That was way back, many years ago... How you dey Oga?
Very fine sir....
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by TourismMan(m): 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Garri + Kulikuli on the menu, for the next 8 months.....

Can we see the balance? Lol

1 Like

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by dasphinx1(m): 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
Lexusgs430 og nla. You finally went for a Note 8 after scattering Xiaomi thread with Umidigi and Mediatek. cheesy Nice one my oga.... You fit kindly sow that Umi into my life na. wink. Hows the smartwatch you acquired back then? Hope it still kicking hard?
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
dasphinx1:
Lexusgs430 og nla. You finally went for a Note 8 after scattering Xiaomi thread with Umidigi and Mediatek. cheesy Nice one my oga.... You fit kindly sow that Umi into my life na. wink. Hows the smartwatch you acquired back then? Hope it still kicking hard?

The LG urbane is still waxing strong.... Umidigi journey, was a phase I enjoyed... Unfortunately, its time to upgrade.
Would I still dabble into Umidigi, mediatek or any small Chinese phone manufacturer's space? YES.....

My next journey would take a longer spell before I consider any form of upgrading. Note 8 and I already signed a 3/4 years marriage agreement.... LOL

6 Likes

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by dasphinx1(m): 8:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

The LG urbane is still waxing strong.... Umidigi journey, was a phase I enjoyed... Unfortunately, its time to upgrade.
Would I still dabble into Umidigi, mediatek or any small Chinese phone manufacturer's space? YES.....

My next journey would take a longer spell before I consider any form of upgrading. Note 8 and I already signed a 3/4 years marriage agreement.... LOL

LOL at your contract with Sammy Note 8..... Thats a BEAST right thurrr!!!!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 6:57am On Feb 26, 2018
dasphinx1:

LOL at your contract with Sammy Note 8..... Thats a BEAST right thurrr!!!!

Been doing loads of YouTube reviews watching, and it appears this beast is feature packed to the brim...

Tuesday cannot come early enough, my hands are itching to get my grubby hands on this Note 8.....
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by dasphinx1(m): 7:54am On Feb 26, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Been doing loads of YouTube reviews watching, and it appears this beast is feature packed to the brim...

Tuesday cannot come early enough, my hands are itching to get my grubby hands on this Note 8.....

I know that feeling, Tuesday is a couple hours away. Cant wait for the unboxing though. A very good morning to you boss.
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:10am On Feb 26, 2018
dasphinx1:

I know that feeling, Tuesday is a couple hours away. Cant wait for the unboxing though. A very good morning to you boss.

Been on Google seeking ways to fast forward a day? No answers yet, but I am hopeful.......

Top of the morning to you too, Boss....

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:13am On Feb 26, 2018
TourismMan:

Can we see the balance? Lol

If I showed you the balance, you would have to sign a disclosure, not to blow any kind of whistle or Vuvuzela and not own any pets, wildlife animals or creatures......

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by TourismMan(m): 8:38am On Feb 26, 2018
Lexusgs430:

If I showed you the balance, you would have to sign a disclosure, not to blow any kind of whistle or Vuvuzela and not own any pets, wildlife animals or creatures......

Ok, all terms and conditions fully consented on. Let's see the balance.
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by thebigkendo(m): 10:00am On Feb 26, 2018
Lexusgs430:
I decided against buying Samsung's wireless pad (too expensive). So I settled for a 3rd party equivalent......

The perfect compliment, at a fraction of the price....

How much did you get this? link?
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 10:05am On Feb 26, 2018
thebigkendo:

How much did you get this? link?

I bought 2 wireless docks (office + home)... £11.98 for both of ebay..........
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by thebigkendo(m): 10:09am On Feb 26, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Interesting, is delivery to post office like aliexpress?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by thebigkendo(m): 10:30am On Feb 26, 2018
Lexusgs430:

battery life on my S8 is great, i never need to charge at work. After work i usually have between 20-40% juice left.
I presume the note 8 battery life should be better

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 10:38am On Feb 26, 2018
thebigkendo:

battery life on my S8 is great, i never need to charge at work. After work i usually have between 20-40% juice left.

The battery for the Note 8, is slightly smaller in capacity (probably due to Note 7's fire fiasco).....

Having a charger at work, gives me an additional option. In case I forget to charge at home and in the car....
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by LeJeun3: 11:46am On Feb 26, 2018
thebigkendo:

The S8+ is great too.....

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by thebigkendo(m): 11:53am On Feb 26, 2018
LeJeun3:

The S8+ is great too.....

Yeah almost same spec only bigger battery and screen

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by iSage: 12:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
Very nice device. The one plus 5t would have been a cheaper alternative.
Re: Samsung Note, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 12:47pm On Feb 26, 2018
iSage:
Very nice device. The one plus 5t would have been a cheaper alternative.

Is cheaper necessarily better?

And how do we classify cheaper vs better?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Adolf Hitler’s Telephone Is Up For Auction (Photos) / Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Are Down Worldwide / Have You Seen This In Your Area? (PIC)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.