Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:52 PM

Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South (2866 Views)

Tony Nworah: A Hope For Onitsha North 1 Constituency / Buhari Already Has 12 Million Votes - / Full Names Of Nnpc New Appointments In Geo Political Zones. Ss=2, Sw=3, North=1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by djevino(m): 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2018
AIRPORTS in Nigeria, 12 are INTERNATIONAL 8 are DOMESTIC
The NORTH has,8 Airports designated as "International" by FAAN, The rest of Nigeria has 4 INTERNATIONAL airports. South-South 1 South East 1 South West 2.
7 of the 8 Northern International airports handled less than 2,700 flights in 2016 according to FAAN figures.
Calabar is NOT designated as an "International" airport operations wise.
Enugu, till date, is still half an airport.
This is YOUR UNFAIR Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 90% of these Northern International airports are
"SEASONAL" airports having passengers ONLY during Hajj months.
Even during the seasonal Christian pilgrimage, Southern Christians are still made to use the Lagos or Abuja airport. You see how unfair the whole thing is?
The region that actually constitutes the international traveling public has FAR fewer than the region were people RARELY travel.
This is why there's an NNAMDI KANU.
The injustice in Nigeria is obvious to even the BLIND.
The implication of this is that these so-called GHOST international airports get funds and attention like an
International hub though nothing practically goes on there.
How can Katsina, Yola and Maiduguri and Sokoto be designated international status for God's sake!!!!!!!!!
Who exactly is flying out of Nigeria from these places?
Whenever you dig around for information in Nigeria, what you'll find will leave you stunned.
Please, lets peacefully split along regional lines before we choke to death on sadness.
Or, lets properly federate so that people can actually plan and manage things they can actually internally sustain. Now, factor in that majority of Nigerians living in Diaspora or frequent travelers originate from Southern Nigeria.
How can it be that it took more than 50 years for an international airport to be built in Enugu, a region whose indigenous people are the highest number of frequent travelers in Nigeria?
Even the one now in Enugu functions like a third class International airport.
It is too much for a coincidence that a region with unarguably, the highest number of diasporans only got an airport few years ago when places with lesser frequent travelers had airports scattered all over servicing almost no one for years.?
How can this not make you reason right?
Can you not see the structural marginalization?
Will I still be a bigot when I raise these issues?
Can we not separate bigots from truth bearers?
Why would you tag me a bigot?
Do you want me to see all these and keep quiet just to come of as detrbailized?
Well, I cannot be your type of detribalized Nigerian. A slave shackle should not be likened to jewelry.
Do you see why I STAND WITH NANMDI KANU ?
By Sopuru Chukwu B Ehidonye

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by Sprumbabafather: 10:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nnamdi Kanu remains the biggest hero since the creation of the contraption.

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by HisSexcellency(m): 10:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
Mumu post, is it FAAN that will bring international flights to the airports
The one at enugu, how many persons travel from there. Ethiopian airlines flight that wanted to operate from that axis how many passengers came.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by onward4life(m): 10:27pm On Feb 24, 2018
Nah today?

Joe Nah Town was never from the South!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by Basic123: 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
GEJ
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by heendrix(m): 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
djevino:
AIRPORTS in Nigeria, 12 are INTERNATIONAL 8 are DOMESTIC
The NORTH has,8 Airports designated as "International" by FAAN, The rest of Nigeria has 4 INTERNATIONAL airports. South-South 1 South East 1 South West 2.
7 of the 8 Northern International airports handled less than 2,700 flights in 2016 according to FAAN figures.
Calabar is NOT designated as an "International" airport operations wise.
Enugu, till date, is still half an airport.
This is YOUR UNFAIR Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 90% of these Northern International airports are
"SEASONAL" airports having passengers ONLY during Hajj months.
Even during the seasonal Christian pilgrimage, Southern Christians are still made to use the Lagos or Abuja airport. You see how unfair the whole thing is?
The region that actually constitutes the international traveling public has FAR fewer than the region were people RARELY travel.
This is why there's an NNAMDI KANU.
The injustice in Nigeria is obvious to even the BLIND.
The implication of this is that these so-called GHOST international airports get funds and attention like an
International hub though nothing practically goes on there.
How can Katsina, Yola and Maiduguri and Sokoto be designated international status for God's sake!!!!!!!!!
Who exactly is flying out of Nigeria from these places?
Whenever you dig around for information in Nigeria, what you'll find will leave you stunned.
Please, lets peacefully split along regional lines before we choke to death on sadness.
Or, lets properly federate so that people can actually plan and manage things they can actually internally sustain. Now, factor in that majority of Nigerians living in Diaspora or frequent travelers originate from Southern Nigeria.
How can it be that it took more than 50 years for an international airport to be built in Enugu, a region whose indigenous people are the highest number of frequent travelers in Nigeria?
Even the one now in Enugu functions like a third class International airport.
It is too much for a coincidence that a region with unarguably, the highest number of diasporans only got an airport few years ago when places with lesser frequent travelers had airports scattered all over servicing almost no one for years.?
How can this not make you reason right?
Can you not see the structural marginalization?
Will I still be a bigot when I raise these issues?
Can we not separate bigots from truth bearers?
Why would you tag me a bigot?
Do you want me to see all these and keep quiet just to come of as detrbailized?
Well, I cannot be your type of detribalized Nigerian. A slave shackle should not be likened to jewelry.
Do you see why I STAND WITH NANMDI KANU ?
By Sopuru Chukwu B Ehidonye
the question is do you want to go abroad or not?
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by babyfaceafrica: 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
And so?..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by slegerman(m): 11:01pm On Feb 24, 2018
I believe the writer of this piece is a typical book reader and I can bet, has never visited these airports.

The only functional international airports in Nigeria are the ones in Lagos, Abuja and to some extent Kano, the rest are international on paper.

If you have used the international airport in Maiduguri, you will understand what am talking about.

I think this argument does not hold water. Nigeria is a poor country riddled by bad leadership, so it is always easy to interprete an action and call it Marginalization.

The real question is, is there any tribe that isn't marginalized in Nigeria? Northerners may occupy majority of posts at any time in Nigeria but it have never translated to the development of that region nor its people. Is the north well developed like the South West or her people more enterprising than the South Easterner?

To be honest, the only way Nigeria can have any form of little development is for her to go back to regional form of government or divide along ethnic line. This current equation will never work, as a fact, has never worked.

Marginalization is a common word used by every tribe in Nigeria, not just by the people of the South east. The only class of people that wouldn't use that word are politicians because they are the sole beneficiary of this current arrangement and they will never agree to change the status quo.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by Sirkelvin: 11:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
ok
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by OneCorner: 12:07am On Feb 25, 2018
buhari wee just be packing our airport to d north
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by DankPineapple: 12:31am On Feb 25, 2018
Rip south
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by 1shortblackboy: 12:33am On Feb 25, 2018
slegerman:
I believe the writer of this piece is a typical book reader and I can bet, has never visited these airports.

The only functional international airports in Nigeria are the ones in Lagos, Abuja and to some extent Kano, the rest are international on paper.

If you have used the international airport in Maiduguri, you will understand what am talking about.

I think this argument does not hold water. Nigeria is a poor country riddled by bad leadership, so it is always easy to interprete an action and call it Marginalization.

The real question is, is there any tribe that isn't marginalized in Nigeria? Northerners may occupy majority of posts at any time in Nigeria but it have never translated to the development of that region nor its people. Is the north well developed like the South West or her people more enterprising than the South Easterner?

To be honest, the only way Nigeria can have any form of little development is for her to go back to regional form of government or divide along ethnic line. This current equation will never work, as a fact, has never worked.

Marginalization is a common word used by every tribe in Nigeria, not just by the people of the South east. The only class of people that wouldn't use that word are politicians because they are the sole beneficiary of this current arrangement and they will never agree to change the status quo.
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by aforosco(m): 12:55am On Feb 25, 2018
What do you aim to achieve now? That owerri should have an intl Airport when all the big men igbos stays and travel from Lagos.There are just two intl Airport in Naija.Abj and MM1.Do people travel from Maid to US? Why your blood they hot ontop nothing.This your leader NK just treat you people as if you dont read and see yourself.Even PH Intl Airport seldomly recieve foreign flight.Kaduna was only operational when Abj was renovated and now no Intl Airline flys to KD.

Your igbos that believe NK hook line and sinker actualy need to check your understanding of Education.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by konfused: 1:09am On Feb 25, 2018
The Op has a valid point but as usual, others will try to ridicule him. I sometimes wonder why there are so many anomalies in everything about Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by achiever12: 7:44am On Feb 25, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Nnamdi Kanu remains the biggest hero since the creation of the contraption.

But kanu was too arrogant and foolish to handle fame

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 25, 2018
I'm waiting for the list of the airports though.
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by Fatherofdragons: 8:01am On Feb 25, 2018
very much true
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by NonsoWow: 8:01am On Feb 25, 2018
Enugu is wawa territory. What do they know about how to make an airport useful. Even if you supplant LAX in Enugu, it would die under a month due to wawa inherent laziness and mgbekeism. Wait until our Anambra international airport is finished to see what an airport should be.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by herraph: 8:05am On Feb 25, 2018
As a cross riverian I'm tired with we in the south instead of you to protest and meet your leadership to build airport. You're here crying foul
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by naija247: 9:27am On Feb 25, 2018
The only reason the airports op listed are designated as "international" is because if annual Hajj flights. It's not that the airports have anything special.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by obailala(m): 9:43am On Feb 25, 2018
The only international airports in Nigeria are Lagos, Abuja, PH, Enugu, Kano. Everything else is a shithole and I'm yet to understand why I should be bothered about shithole airports which have zero traffic being given an 'international' prefix.
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by minasota(f): 9:46am On Feb 25, 2018
Which way Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by YOUNGELDER1(m): 10:07am On Feb 25, 2018
NonsoWow:
Enugu is wawa territory. What do they know about how to make an airport useful. Even if you supplant LAX in Enugu, it would die under a month due to wawa inherent laziness and mgbekeism. Wait until our Anambra international airport is finished to see what an airport should be.

You could have made your point without insulting Enugu bro .
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by markfemisgay: 10:26am On Feb 25, 2018
All i know is that buhari must go
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by sunsewa16: 10:43am On Feb 25, 2018
[quote author=HisSexcellency post=65345390]Mumu post, is it FAAN that will bring international flights to the airports
The one at enugu, how many persons travel from there. Ethiopian airlines flight that wanted to operate from that axis how many passengers came. [/quote

Is not a mandatory u must always display ur hate even on things u never verified, for ur information Ethiopia airways frequently fly from enugu to different parts of the world,each flight fully or almost loaded,I have travel through that axis to Guangzhou and south Africa.
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by Sprumbabafather: 11:26am On Feb 25, 2018
achiever12:

But kanu was too arrogant and foolish to handle fame

He was not looking for fame, he was so annoyed, disgusted, and utterly provoked at how the nation was functioning upside down to control himself.
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by achiever12: 11:30am On Feb 25, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

He was not looking for fame, he was so annoyed, disgusted, and utterly provoked at how the nation was functioning upside down to control himself.

That's why he should have partnered with elders
Re: Nigeria Has 12 Int. Airports, 8 In The North, 1 In South by Sprumbabafather: 11:34am On Feb 25, 2018
achiever12:

That's why he should have partnered with elders

The same elders who are so useless that they ate not even seeing the glaring dangers?

Nnamdi Kanu visited Ekweremmadu, Ekwueme, Nwodo, Achuzie, etc to get advice and support.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS! Herdsmen Unleashing Violence In Plateau State! / Surrender Your Bourdillon Home For Cattle Colony – Afenifere Blasts Tinubu / My Score Sheet On Tonight's Vice Presidential Debate (opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.