Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? (23048 Views)

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / The Most Important Lesson From The Alarming Surge of Pastors' Rape Cases / Christ Embassy Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Before & After Photos Of Pastors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by SIaye: 9:49am On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:
My dad is a pastor but see what I turned out to be. grin

Excuse me what did you turn out to be? You that insult people on here and say rubbish undecided you are exactly what op is talking about, you are not a good example.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 25, 2018
Its simply nemesis doing her job.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Teaser4(m): 9:50am On Feb 25, 2018
hey...my pops is a pastor....I'm so wayward...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by kokomilala(m): 9:50am On Feb 25, 2018
Are pastors angels? I This is a prejudicial question at best. Why are children wayward? If you can figure that out, then you should be able to figure out why pastors' children are wayward.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by zanetti: 9:50am On Feb 25, 2018
Lols...Pls not all coz I'm not wayward
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 25, 2018
Because 90 percent of pastors have lived wayward lives.

It is just like in politics where we allowed our worst to rule over our best.
In christiandom, we allowed our touts to metamorphos into pastors, and when they have children, their real characters which they have succeeded in hiding will be witnessed in their children.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 25, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by JerryGeo(m): 9:52am On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:

apparently you are in the best position to answer the question
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Konye1: 9:53am On Feb 25, 2018
The answer is simple the father's salvation can only save the father and not the son.. This is christanity for you to be saved, you not your father have to accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour.

A child maybe born of his father but his mind may not work like Him..

The father can be holy for all God cares but if the child's mind works differently or he/she chooses to think about the wrong things, he will become wayward.

It is a choice a conscious choice that neither the man of God or you can make for the child.

What the pastor has to do is show him what he oughts to do and pray for him

Sooner than later they all change for the bests. Infact God will prefer you experience the way ward life before discovering the life He wants you to have than Vice versa.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by 2019elections: 9:53am On Feb 25, 2018
when God called their parents, it wasn't a conference call. he sidelined the children.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by IkechukwuP: 9:53am On Feb 25, 2018
Omooba77:
Please why are children of Pastors and ministers wayward and living in disobedience against God?
Because they are the pastor's CHILDREN and not PASTORS......THEY DID NOT ORDAIN THEIR PARENTS.....life is an INDIVIDUAL race....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:54am On Feb 25, 2018
ALL children of pastors are wayward? please who carried out the opinion poll? what kind of thread is this? NL and its anti-christian agenda. Una no dey tire?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by ashjay001(m): 9:54am On Feb 25, 2018
Samsimple:
when dey find out their fathers are hypocrites in real life...

My tots exactly! They live with d hypocrisy, day to day.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by AerialMapper: 9:55am On Feb 25, 2018
1. Most pastors are wayward and the fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.
2. They impose really strict measures on their kids at home so when these kids get just a little bit of freedom, they are like dogs released after being caged for long.
3. Pikin wey go loss go loss ....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Sanchez01: 9:58am On Feb 25, 2018
abeeee:
yeah most Pastors children are bad though not all.......but I think it's because the parents put too much attention to the congregation......and so the neglect their parental duty
Not necessarily true. The problem is because they are raised not being told the truth. They are confined to the four walls of the home and are not given the liberty of trust to do certain things themselves. When they get to certain stages, they self experiment and tend to believe that the life their parents are shielding them from is much more better than morning devotions.

For example; a typical pastor wouldn't educate his kids on sex because he believes it would pervert them. They grow knowing nothing about it until they are talked into it and find it difficult to let go. The pastor on his part could have told them how wonderful sex is but then tell them the dangers of premarital sex and how it is frowned at by God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by sapientia(m): 10:03am On Feb 25, 2018
its not true..

You get to know cos their parents are pastors and public figures.

Remember they are humans and salvation/anointing cannot be inherited.

And you cant prove they are the worse of the worst..

Ask also.. why do children of pastors become pastors mostly.

All am saying is that this is mere speculation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Innobee99(m): 10:03am On Feb 25, 2018
abeeee:
yeah most Pastors children are bad though not all.......but I think it's because the parents put too much attention to the congregation......and so the neglect their parental duty
But the children are part of the congregation too.

Who wan bad go bad!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Daboomb: 10:06am On Feb 25, 2018
Samsimple:

ikbnice:
Because most of them know their real father not the one people see.

These two posts are just the summary of the whole reasons! kiss

The Children live with their Pastor-father and see him day-in, day-out.
They see through all the facde and charade he does in church and in public eye.

They know he is a SCAMMER and so dont really care much about his image.
undecided

I dont really see these children as wayward, l see them as "enlightened" because they have SEEN IT ALL. undecided grin

But we must mention that just very, very few of them actually turn out "the way other expect them to be"
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by MrHighSea: 10:07am On Feb 25, 2018
Samsimple:
Hit it hard on the center of gravity.

The discussion herein will revolve round this reply
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by umuna(m): 10:09am On Feb 25, 2018
Omooba77:
Please why are children of Pastors and ministers wayward and living in disobedience against God?
The enemy(Devil) what people to see that the pastor can not control his home front. That is why as a pastor you must devote time to pray for your children and family always and not leaving it only for the wife to do.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by badoh(m): 10:10am On Feb 25, 2018
When you say they are wayward, can you give specific examples of those you know. Some of these pastors children have their own social way of life which to you people misinterpreted as wayward.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by statrboiTolu(m): 10:11am On Feb 25, 2018
Nah! Its not d way it seems! Its only that as a pastor's child, u expect more from them cs dey are in d system already... Person wey wan stuborn go stuborn, eida pastor, imam, babalawo pikin....

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by emmyfizzy12(m): 10:14am On Feb 25, 2018
Omooba77:
who give you the right to judge? who your own lifestyle don help. peeps be trashing nonsense on nairaland. are you better than any of them? and whoever place a pastor child above any other child? nonsense.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Apination(m): 10:15am On Feb 25, 2018
Falacy of generalization undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by makydebbie(f): 10:15am On Feb 25, 2018
JerryGeo:

apparently you are in the best position to answer the question
Lol sure I'm. Alot happens, I've even created a thread on what pastor kids go through, it's not a bed of roses as people expect it to be. Because dad heals the sick and blah blah. Maybe I should create a thread on why they become rebels using myself as a case study. I turned out to be opposite of what you'll expect from pastor kids and I'm not sad about my decision since it makes me happy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by successinlife: 10:16am On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:

I can't see what you turned out to. Can you expantiate?
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by GoodBoi1(m): 10:17am On Feb 25, 2018
I don't believe this. It's just a false stereotype. The thing is people expect you to be 'holier than thou' by virtue of your position (while they consider it okay to mess up themselves) . So percieved misbehaviour from you is magnified whereas another child does the same thing and it's not much of a big deal. This applies to christians, pastors, people in high positions, celebrities etc because they are at the focus.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by koribobo: 10:18am On Feb 25, 2018
Isrealite did it not value Christianity despite that Jesus came from there.you won't values whatever is proximal to you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Espada10: 10:20am On Feb 25, 2018
Omooba77:
Agreed, take a look at makydebbie .. they actually wear it like a badge of honour

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Lomprico2: 10:20am On Feb 25, 2018
Note that any pastor with wayward children is a fake pastor!! My take!
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by SAMBARRY: 10:22am On Feb 25, 2018
First of all they know who their father is from Monday to Saturday,then the moral actor on Sunday
When some pastors preach you will almost be tempted to think they're perfect saints when they use their lives as examples.those days I used to GO to church,sometimes I wonder within myself do these pastors fork at all,until I see the pastors with 5 kids and I'm like seriously?

Then I'm very analytical and rational when pastors preach.I remember one of the pastors of xyz church once preach about sexual abstinence before marriage and I also remember he said he married 1987 but in one of his sermons he said his first son is 33years and I just laughed in my mind after doing the calculations.so they have been forking before wedding and I'm entering transport to go and listen to a sunday actor for 5hrs.ok

Secondly children are usually the REPLICA of their parents conscious and subconscious actions

I've heard my mom say you just remind me of me,when I see you I see another me.I'm like reaaaalllllyyy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Felix Ezeaka Kidnapped In Cameroon / HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? / Reasons Why We Sleep Through Church Service But Stay Awake For A 3 Hour Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.