Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? (23047 Views)

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / The Most Important Lesson From The Alarming Surge of Pastors' Rape Cases / Christ Embassy Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Before & After Photos Of Pastors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by makydebbie(f): 12:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
SAMBARRY:
grin

You just described my dad grin
Lmao, really? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Omooba77: 12:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
emmyfizzy12:

who give you the right to judge? who your own lifestyle don help. peeps be trashing nonsense on nairaland. are you better than any of them? and whoever place a pastor child above any other child? nonsense.

Not judging sir, but just writing my observation
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by victorazy(m): 12:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Omooba77:
Please why are children of Pastors and ministers wayward and living in disobedience against God?

I never see before, na ur pastor children dey wayward ?
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Proffeluczy1(m): 12:35pm On Feb 25, 2018
What you don't have, you can't give out. Any minister's child that doesn't do the right thing defines who the parents are.

When you witness something like that, you should learn to observe the parents too.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by mmsen: 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
Samsimple:
when dey find out their fathers are hypocrites in real life...

That's the truth.

They see the Emperor's clothes before the rest of the herd.

But they tend to fall back in line when they age and they need the money...
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by asawanathegreat(m): 12:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
Some of them not all pls
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by derrydinny: 12:53pm On Feb 25, 2018
maybe because of their upbringing, they see most usual things as unusual so when they get a chance to do it, they take it to the extreme

e.g, my friend whose father is a pastor started drinking a lotbecause when he first tasted alcohol, he felt it was nice, the late exposure made him crave for more, when his eyes widened, it was too much because he saw alcohol as something too big cos of his father's teaching and he wanted to feel like a big boy
but me, I have been tasting alcohol since I was little, I don't see it as a big deal so it doesn't freak me

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by SAMBARRY: 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:
Lmao, really? grin
any bird that flies into the balcony he will bring anointing oil or holy water and sprinkle it all over the house

If I told him I didn't pray before leaving the house,he Will say I should come home for deliverance

No thanks to one so called prophet Jeremiah he's always watching on tv and one Chris okafor.the day he tried convincing me to watch it,I watched it just to satisfy him but I was very infuriated at the stunts I was seeing including the amusing testimonies

Someone will come out and claim that the husband left her for 3 months but since she used the handkerchief she bought from this to rub HER face her husband came back.it was very disgusting and annoying.honestly I don't know what my old man finds in such tv and what beats me is that he's educated.he has an mba,so why should he be carried away with the entertainment show they call church?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Omooba77: 1:10pm On Feb 25, 2018
victorazy:

I never see before, na ur pastor children dey wayward ?
Ok sir. I know Daddy Eli's children
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by DonBenny77(m): 1:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
Teaser4:
hey...my pops is a pastor....I'm so wayward...

Me too bro�

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by makydebbie(f): 1:20pm On Feb 25, 2018
SAMBARRY:
any bird that flies into the balcony he will bring anointing oil or holy water and sprinkle it all over the house

If I told him I didn't pray before leaving the house,he Will say I should come home for deliverance

No thanks to one so called prophet Jeremiah he's always watching on tv and one Chris okafor.the day he tried convincing me to watch it,I watched it just to satisfy him but I was very infuriated at the stunts I was seeing including the amusing testimonies

Someone will come out and claim that the husband left her for 3 months but since she used the handkerchief she bought from this to rub HER face her husband came back.it was very disgusting and annoying.honestly I don't know what my old man finds in such tv and what beats me is that he's educated.he has an mba,so why should he be carried away with the entertainment show they call church?
Omg, how come my dad and yours ain't besties or something? grin

Me too lol, those kinds of things gives him orgasm and jeez he's very judgemental. That shiit alone irks me.

Anytime someone goes against the usual orders in the house, that person goes for deliverance. Is it only me that gets disgusted when they're doing their prophecy thing? Chai.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Chukazu: 1:20pm On Feb 25, 2018
I used to ask the same question until I realized that a child is child regardless of where he is coming from

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by bidak(m): 1:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
Pastor children are not different from others kids, most kids are wayward just that we pay lesser attention to other kids and pay too much attention to pastor's kids.. same goes for celebrities they do what most people do but people pay little or no attention to others and pay a lot of attention to them
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Honesty007(m): 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
They are wayward because not all pastors are called by God,people obeythe majority who call themselves into Gods work!
They are wayward because of lack of spiritual mentoring,supervision,care and help.most parents do not let their children have a basic understanding of the work of God,the disadvantages and why they should engage in serious prayers being the quivers and arrows in the hand of the lord to speak to the enemies at the gate.
most pastors have not undergone deliverance,hence satan attacks,perverts and sow tares of evil traits and characters from visitors,from whom these kids were entrusted to and from thd places they have been.
many pastors kids only hear and see wat to be evil means ,but the parents do not tell them the consequences of doing evil.too much emphasis is placed on being good.u cannot enforce good!
many ministers do not train their kids on some foundational biblical principles.
many do not ask questions from their kids,but legalize righteousness in the eyes of men.
most of the kids are
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by hotdealz(m): 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
Because, they know who their father truly is.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Honesty007(m): 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
are not aware of who they are in christ.The parents do not preach or pray for their salvation so they go wayward.most ministers kids are not born again.
They have not personal relationship with GOD so they do whatever they like when their in school or in abscence of their parents.
Some of the ministers are too domineering& totalitarian over their children to an extents the devil makes them have a negative fear of men than of GOD & make them pretenders.
it is not a force to covenant your kids to serve God.some ministers are guilty of forgetting such vows they made with GOD and failing to inform the children at an early age,failing to guide them in following the path of life of God than their ambition has turned many kids to be sworn enemies & to be unlike their pastors.
The church does not pray for pastors & their kids but expects too much from them,to be behaving good.
many pastors are babes in christ.
The spiritual stage of a man of Gods growth can affect his behaviour.ie carnal.
A spiritual son obeys.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by cbrass(m): 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
teamsynergy:
You hardly see kids of big pastors being wayward... Eg Adeboye, oyedepo, Sam adeyemi, kumuyi, .... Probably cos they pay more attention and they have enough money to raise their kids well.... Most wayward pastors' kids have seen r usually poor and uncatered for...

Don't say what you don't know.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Seun(m): 2:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
Omooba77:
Please why are children of Pastors and ministers wayward and living in disobedience against God?
What are some examples of the waywardness you're referring to? (Most pastor's kids I know about are pretty much what you'd expect.)

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Omooba77: 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
Seun:
What are some examples of the waywardness you're referring to? (Most pastor's kids I know about are pretty much what you'd expect.)

I have seen many of them womanising, drinking, smoking and partying heavily.Many of them are even atheists now, not believing in their father's God.

Praise be to God, many of them are returning back to their first love
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Omooba77: 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
Seun:

I have seen many of them womanising, drinking, smoking and partying heavily.Many of them are even atheists now, not believing in their father's God.
Praise be to God, many of them are returning back to their first love.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by SolexxBarry(m): 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
God called the pastor not the entire family,it was a personal call not a conference call

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by teamsynergy: 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
cbrass:

Gimme one example
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
na that post dey worry us.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2018
cbrass:

omo....he be like say you get some kind gist .......make we hear abeg
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by olmoRoc: 3:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
Because they know that their pastor parent isn't really living by what they preach. My cousin was super wayward. He even slept with many church girls inside the church.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by RichieBrown(m): 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
Nature does deal cruel japes most times. The parent become a stumbling block unto their children due to their over seeming holiness.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by SAMBARRY: 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:
Omg, how come my dad and yours ain't besties or something? grin

Me too lol, those kinds of things gives him orgasm and jeez he's very judgemental. That shiit alone irks me.

Anytime someone goes against the usual orders in the house, that person goes for deliverance. Is it only me that gets disgusted when they're doing their prophecy thing? Chai.
the day I got a tattoo in my body he insisted I go and do deliverance.he claimed I've joined illuminati secret society.I was like daddy what's all this nonsense na.will a person willfully join cultism and make it obvious that he's a cultist and who told you this design is from illuminati but the guy no go gree ME hear word,he still insisted I go for deliverance .so I went to the church and I sat in front of xyz church to while away time and seem like I went there.after I spent 2hrs there just fiddling with my phone I bought olive oil on my WAY back home to make it convincing I went to church

Guess what my old man DID the next day.he will be waking me up every 6AM and be anointing the tattoo.I just shake my head at his fanaticism.unfortunately he cannot be convinced otherwise.infact he adores that Chris okafor dude.I usually refer to him as a clown.he even has chosen sticker that he stuck at the front of the gate and the door of the sitting room.he will hang their lemon apron in his room and I've told him the day is coming when I will burn that chosen rag you call apron.. so.anyway the day I called the dude a clown he said you better don't invite the wrath of God.you need to see the way he was defending the man.I said my God.see the power this religious entertainers have on the mind.see how he has captured my dad's mind that he has stopped buying news paper,it's liberty t.v he will be watching everytime.If the money expires the person wey say he no get money go bring out money to pay for subscription to watch his pastors

Another amusing thing is he's also verrryyyyy judgemental and everyone that doesn't subscribe to his school of thought he looks down on them.if he sees ladies dressed in short skirt or cleavage display,for the next 1 hr or a week sef nobody will hear word wit how all those girls wearing short skirt Will go to hell

I remember when my kid brother was watching trace and he mistakenly deleted dad's religious stations,he called me to help him bring them back.I just quickly went out because I don't want anyone to nag me to death so when dad came in me too I formed I'm just coming back from the market. Anyway popsi caught him watching trace.see blasting.he started raining insults on his head and asking him why he cannot watch pastor adeboye sermon or oyakilome etc,instead he is watching children of perdition dancing ijo eleya grin

That day I just dey laugh for room .I say Nelson Don enter am.but today I have my own apartment so all of popsis drama I don tolerate am enough grin

Even when he comes to my house and sees me watching African magic he tried to judge again saying all these things you're watching will take you to hell,I said emabinu sir I con use style discharge am,I said daddy I'm going for house fellowship in sister topes house ( na lie o.it's just a ploy to make him go).he said that's good.those are the kinds of places you should go.oya take this 5 thousand and give as offering I said thank you sir.when I saw he drove off I enter house again

The man na better drama king when it comes to religion and fanaticism grin
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
Not the same skin color oh, you actually have very similar face
makydebbie:
Yea I was told that last week but I didn't take the guy serious. We don't look alike aside having the same color or do we?
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by elibest360(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2018
Shey pastor's children are not human beings abi??
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
Omooba77:
The question should be why are most or some pastor's children wayward? Your title is too generalistic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Felix Ezeaka Kidnapped In Cameroon / HITTING Your Foot Against A Stone As A Christian. Meaning? / Reasons Why We Sleep Through Church Service But Stay Awake For A 3 Hour Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.