Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,748 members, 7,802,290 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman (18273 Views)

"My Life Is In Danger" - Kassim Afegbua, Babangida's Spokesman / 2019: SSS Invites Kassim Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman / Babangida's Spokesman Reacts To Report He Asked Atiku Not To Run In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 25, 2018
2019: What I would have told Buhari – Babangida’s spokesman, Afegbua
Kassim Afegbua, the representative for previous Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida, has said that he would have revealed to President Muhammadu Buhari not to keep running in the 2019 race on the off chance that he (Buhari) were his father.

The Babangida's spokesman said he wouldn't draw out his father to be so criticized by Nigerians.

Asked supposing between now and 2019 President Buhari changed his policies to address some of the issues he raised in the statement, Afegbua told Vanguard that it was time the President left the stage for the younger generation.

He said, “If President Buhari is my father, I will graciously advise him. I will say, ‘Daddy, it is time to go home and manage the rest of your life. It is time to leave the stage where people will be abusing you’. I will not bring out my dad to be so vilified if I were to be his son.

“So, it is not about changing policies, it is about the fact that this is the age of retirement, this is the age of having more time for yourself and family than committing to public service. When General Babangida clocked 70, I was one of those who prevailed on him to quit partisan politics.

“I told him, ‘Sir, now you are 70, I do not want any journalist to push you here and there’. We prepared a statement for him; at a public event in Abuja, he announced his retirement from partisan politics. That is the hallmark of a statesman.

“Now, anybody that wants to run for election both in APC and PDP go to him in Minna for advice. So some of us who are saying that President Buhari should not seek re-election are more of his friends than those who are urging him on.

“Now, the President has told us that his doctors told him to eat more and sleep more. But this country needs a President who will be awake when the country is sleeping.

“Or who will be awake when the country is awake. India is awake at night, 24 hours because they want to catch up with lost time. We cannot afford the luxury of having a President who will sleep when we have insecurity everywhere, herdsmen here and there.

“We need a President that has the capacity to go round and preach peace to all the ethnic groups. Nigeria is more sharply divided now more than ever before and that is where some of us expressed huge worry and huge danger.

“We now look at ourselves as strangers occupying the same geographical mass. It should not be, we should be partners in progress and we should be able to own our country.

“We are all Nigerians, we need a President that can speak on these issues, understand the intricate logic of the Nigerian federation, the dynamism of the processes and, at the end, take a decision that will be far reaching and that will be seen to be just and fair to all the ethnic configurations of the country.

“It is not an accident of history that President Obasanjo said this government is nepotistic. There are clear signs; we have seen actions and inactions.

“We need a President that will speak the language of peace, we don’t want people to be cocooned in the Villa and we are just working with body language; that does not help us as a country.”

source-https://www.metrodailies.com/news/2019-told-buhari-babangidas-spokesman-afegbua/

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by OfficialAwol(m): 9:24am On Feb 25, 2018
So after the initial gra gra, this man is a free man.

Buhari govt just knows how discredit itself.

Buhari should retire or be retired.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by authehighness: 9:31am On Feb 25, 2018
buhari has not fulfil his ethnical mandate,asking him to retire,is a waste of time

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by patval(f): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2018
The dullard does not understand his immediate family talk more of Nigeria, he can only try his overstretched luck

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by dheilaw1(m): 9:48am On Feb 25, 2018
many people will go to coma by the time buhari is announced the winner in 2019

8 Likes

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 25, 2018
dheilaw1:
GODFORBID grin grin grin grin

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Emycord: 10:06am On Feb 25, 2018
SO BAD FOR BUHARI HIS OWN SON THAT WILL TELL HIM IS NOW MORE OR LESS AN UGU LEAVE IN A GERMAN HOSPITAL
NB: WANTED A SON TO ADVISE HIS FATHER

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Emycord: 10:21am On Feb 25, 2018
CHANGE POLICIES JUST TO WIN ELECTIONS? HMMM

2 Likes

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Flyingngel(m): 11:18am On Feb 25, 2018
Buhari oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
Flyingngel:
Buhari oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
grin grin CC;lalasticlala,mynd44

1 Like

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by AirFireEarthH20: 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
Good counsel Mr Afegbua

15 Likes

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2018
AirFireEarthH20:
Good counsel Mr Afegbua
yeah

1 Like

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by chuksjuve(m): 3:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
Please draw it in a cartoon form
Or use sign language ..

I doubt if he would hear you, let alone heed to this wise counsel..

Fulani and power are like bread and butter..

Good advise mr kassim.

Check my profile

12 Likes

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by 3millionia: 5:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
ok
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
grin

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by MrImole: 5:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
Why haven't you told him?

2 Likes

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Sweetcollins: 5:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
This man still dey talk
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by sammyj: 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
shocked grin
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Butoneday2(m): 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
Told or Tell = TRASHED

1 Like

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Ratello: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
Buhari is not the type that listens

6 Likes

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by NwaNimo1(m): 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
I deyy go market....

[img]https:///media/2-08-2018/fN9Slh.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Sweetcollins: 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2018
dheilaw1:

Allah kiyaye
Chukwu ekwele ihe ojoo
Afonja fire

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by wellmax(m): 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2018
This man just loves public attention.
He wants the relevant, but no, Oga goan park one side
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Newpride(m): 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
What could u have told Buhari that u can't tell him.
Buhari can never contest for 2nd term, the political jobbers, those who are power drunk, those whose hand work aren't good enuf to speak for them are the ones pushing him to recontest.

7 Likes

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Abfinest007(m): 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
Wati concern ona, na ona be buhari when them won disgrace back to daura. buhari disgrace will be worse than d ones of gadafi, gbapo of ivory coast

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by hopexter(m): 5:30pm On Feb 25, 2018
NwaNimo1:
I deyy go market....

[img]https:///media/2-08-2018/fN9Slh.gif[/img]

Watch the road oo make Dangote truck driver no crush you die oo. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by ojmaroni247(m): 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ok
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
OfficialAwol:
So after the initial gra gra, this man is a free man.

Buhari govt just knows how discredit itself.

Buhari should retire or be retired.
chief nah you be this

1 Like

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by rxmusa(m): 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Trying hard to become a hero amongst cynics and blindhaters!

Take your woeful advice away with your publicity stunt!
We patriotic NIGERIANS believe in PMB as the stage setter for gigantic progress and development.

Nigeria shall be great

2 Likes

Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by castrol180(m): 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2018
Following
Re: 2019: What I Would Have Told Buhari - Afegbua, Babangida’s Spokesman by Awoleesu(m): 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2018
dheilaw1:
And many people will hit a FULL STOP when the result is otherwise!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Bomb Expert Arrested During Stop And Search Operation. Photo / Massive ADC Rally In ONDO KINGDOM / Okorocha Can Only Be Suspended At Ward Level, Imo APC Replies Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.