Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,014 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? (1062 Views)

What/who Are You Afraid To Lose In Life? / Why Do Most People Lose In Football Betting? / 10 Reasons Why People Lose Their Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by mrphysics(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2018
When do people lose in a relationship?
I really want to know when it can be said that one lost in a relationship.
Cc Donstan18
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 25, 2018
Lol

You didn't call here but I will like to share my opinion

1) People lose in relationship because they were naive in the relationship. I.e. some believe a cheating partner will change, a partner constantly beating them will change, A partner constantly abusing them emotionally is doing it out of love

They believe love conquers all, which isn't necessarily true because the other partner may not feel the same way about the relationship. They fail to pull out when the signs were quite obvious. Therefore, they claim they have lost out after suffering different abuse and emotional torture

2) Some people go into relationship with transactional mentality.

They believe they should give as much they are getting. I.e. I deserve money before sex, I have my money so you can't tell me what to do, I am beautiful/handsome and deserve better than him/her

It doesn't necessarily work like that in all relationship. At times, one partner may loose out, while the other partner gain. Sometimes reverse maybe the case as well. However, some partners call it quit at the point they are loosing out and claim they have lost out.

Note ; The views expressed here are exclusively the views of the poster, therefore your opinion might differ
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by donstan18: 11:30am On Feb 25, 2018
mrphysics:
Cc Donstan18
Morning brO!
You mean "Being lost" in a relationship.
Or lost in a past relationship.
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:30pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ideally, that's a term that ought not be used in a relationship. It's not a competition or some sort of game.

But such a word may not be out of place if one partner was being deliberately deceived/manipulated by the other.

1 Like

Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by mrphysics(m): 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
donstan18:

Morning brO!
You mean "Being lost" in a relationship.
Or lost in a past relationship.
Past relationships sir
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by mrphysics(m): 2:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
PrimadonnaO:
Ideally, that's a term that ought not be used in a relationship. It's not a competition or some sort of game.

But such a word may not be out of place if one partner was being deliberately deceived/manipulated by the other.
Let's just say that we all go in and out of relationships. We have exes and the rest. Now, at the end of a relationship, one is angry, while the other person doesn't feel moved thus remains indifferent.

It therefore means that the one who is angry lost in the relationship. So when do people assume they lost in a relationship.
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by mrphysics(m): 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
greiboy:
Lol

You didn't call here but I will like to share my opinion

1) People lose in relationship because they were naive in the relationship. I.e. some believe a cheating partner will change, a partner constantly beating them will change, A partner constantly abusing them emotionally is doing it out of love

They believe love conquers all, which isn't necessarily true because the other partner may not feel the same way about the relationship. They fail to pull out when the signs were quite obvious. Therefore, they claim they have lost out after suffering different abuse and emotional torture

2) Some people go into relationship with transactional mentality.

They believe they should give as much they are getting. I.e. I deserve money before sex, I have my money so you can't t tell me what to do, I am beautiful/handsome I deserve better than him/her

It doesn't necessarily work like that in all relationship. At times, one partner may loose out, while the other partner gain. Sometimes reverse maybe the case as well. However, some partners call it quite at the point they are loosing out and claim they have lost out.

Note ; the views expressed here are exclusively the views of the poster, therefore your opinion might differ
I think its not actually the view of the poster, but the view of everyone. So, it is in order to say that people lose in a relationship when they:

1. Begin to lose material things astronomically?

2. When their value begins to depreciate? I. e increase in body count without a corresponding increase in wisdom?

3. When one spend the time meant for work or hustle trying to satisfy the flesh?

With many thanks bro

1 Like

Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by mrphysics(m): 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
Tosyne2much, don't go without leaving a mark here
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by tosyne2much(m): 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2018
I think people lose in relationships depending on level of emotions they have invested in the relationship
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by mrphysics(m): 2:36pm On Feb 25, 2018
tosyne2much:
I think people lose in relationships depending on level of emotions they have invested in the relationship
Can we quantify these things. It will aid comprehension.
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by LordKO(m): 2:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
The thought of losing in a relationship occurs when one's givens (materially or immaterially) wasn't altruistic - disingenuous people will understand better - and when the expected profits from the preceding acts of hypocrisy didn't materialize. . . Case study; A mentally low manipulator crossing the path of a sophisticated manipulator/diplomat without having his/her way in the end. Or, a battle of wit between a leech and predator - leeches always lose to predators.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by donstan18: 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
mrphysics:

Past relationships sir

Alright.

IMEDIATELY after break up

-I think if both parties that were in a relationship loved themselves, I'll say they both lost emotionally.

-If one invested feelings and emotions more than the order, i'll say he/she lost.

-If one financially invested and tried building the relationship more than the other, i'll say he/she lost.

AS TIMES GOES ON

Highlighting from the financial provider and helper of most relationships in Africa.

- The woman will lose the financial care and help she use to get from her man, if she isn't financially strong.

-If we go by age as time goes on, the woman will loose.

-The woman will loose because the man can easily go for another woman to replace her , while most women will have to package and wait till a man approach them.

In some cases, When we say someone lost in a relationship, it means someone lost something he/she invested in.

While in some cases, When we say someone lost in a relationship, it means he/she lost what can't easily replaced.....E.g A bad lady loosing a nice man, or a fvckboi loosing a nice woman

I maybe wrong thou.
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
LordKO:
The thought of losing in a relationship occurs when one's givens (materially or immaterially) wasn't altruistic (disingenuous people will understand better), and when the expected profits from the preceding acts of hypocrisy didn't materialize. . . Case study; A mentally low manipulator crossing the path of a sophisticated manipulator/diplomat without having his/her way in the end. Or, a battle of wit between a leech and predator - leeches always lose to predators.

This is brutally frank!

1 Like

Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by mrphysics(m): 3:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
donstan18:

Alright.

IMEDIATELY after break up

-I think if both parties that were in a relationship loved themselves, I'll say they both lost emotionally.

-If one invested feelings and emotions more than the order, i'll say he/she lost.

-If one financially invested and tried building the relationship more than the other, i'll say he/she lost.

AS TIMES GOES ON

Highlighting from the financial provider and helper of most relationships in Africa.

- The woman will lose the financial care and help she use to get from her man, if she isn't financially strong.

-If we go by age as time goes on, the woman will loose.

-The woman will loose because the man can easily go for another woman to replace her , while most women will have to package and wait till a man approach them.

In some cases, When we say someone lost in a relationship, it means someone lost something he/she invested in.

While in some cases, When we say someone lost in a relationship, it means he/she lost what can't easily replaced.....E.g A bad lady loosing a nice man, or a fvckboi loosing a nice woman

I maybe wrong thou.
You are not wrong sir.
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by mrphysics(m): 3:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
LordKO:
The thought of losing in a relationship occurs when one's givens (materially or immaterially) wasn't altruistic (disingenuous people will understand better), and when the expected profits from the preceding acts of hypocrisy didn't materialize. . . Case study; A mentally low manipulator crossing the path of a sophisticated manipulator/diplomat without having his/her way in the end. Or, a battle of wit between a leech and predator - leeches always lose to predators.
Let me disagree. Relationships isn't IDP camp where people come and give without expecting anything.

Everyone wants to either gain or benefit from a relationship. You can think otherwise for cheap likes. But the truth is that no one wants to go into a relationship and leave empty
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by LordKO(m): 3:20pm On Feb 25, 2018
mrphysics:

Let me disagree. Relationships isn't IDP camp where people come and give without expecting anything.

Everyone wants to either gain or benefit from a relationship. You can think otherwise for cheap likes. But the truth is that no one wants to go into a relationship and leave empty

You're a typical articulate incompetent. A sagacious person in your stead would know that beneficialness doesn't mean absence of altruism, and that an opportunist in a romantic relationship isn't aiming for beneficialness it offers, rather, s/he aims for profit where expediency reigns supreme over principle, because s/he sees romantic relationship as a transactional business rather than a contractual one.

Now vamoose and look for your small-minded mates elsewhere. I don't join issue with anyone least of all your ilk.

4 Likes

Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by mrphysics(m): 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2018
LordKO:

You're a typical articulate incompetent. A sagacious person in your stead would know that beneficialness doesn't mean absence of altruism. And that an opportunist in a romantic relationship isn't aiming for beneficialness it offers rather, s/he aims for profits where expediency reigns supreme over principle, because s/he sees romantic relationship as a transactional business rather than a contractual one.

Now vamoose and look for your small-minded mates elsewhere. I don't join issue with anyone least of all your ilks.
Lol.

I am watching ManU match. I will respond accordingly when the match ends.
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
mrphysics:

Let's just say that we all go in and out of relationships. We have exes and the rest. Now, at the end of a relationship, one is angry, while the other person doesn't feel moved thus remains indifferent.

It therefore means that the one who is angry lost in the relationship. So when do people assume they lost in a relationship.

Well, in that scenario, it could mean that the angry person either felt used or has a score list in his/her head such that he feels he did more in the relationship than the other.

I know someone who got out of a bad relationship and all she kept saying was that she didn't even "eat" his 5 naira and she was alllowing romance. Using your words, she probably feels she "lost" in that relationship.
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by TheMaleCulture: 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
mrphysics:

Cc Donstan18

People lose in relationships when they don't gain anything from it. If a relationship isn't satisfying in one way or the other, then it's a waste of time.

The first thing is to know why you entered the relationship. If what you entered it for isn't being delivered, then there's no point staying in it.
Re: When Do People "Lose" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2019
LordKO:
The thought of losing in a relationship occurs when one's givens (materially or immaterially) wasn't altruistic - disingenuous people will understand better - and when the expected profits from the preceding acts of hypocrisy didn't materialize. . . Case study; A mentally low manipulator crossing the path of a sophisticated manipulator/diplomat without having his/her way in the end. Or, a battle of wit between a leech and predator - leeches always lose to predators.

True

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Kill You These Kinda Men! / What Everyone Even Feminists Is Missing About Feminism / Covenant University Alumni Issue Statement, Condemns Sexual Misconduct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.