Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian (8425 Views)

15 Best Skills To Sell On Fiverr As A Nigerian / Tips And Tricks To Earn On Fiverr As A Nigerian / New Ultimate Method To Make More Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by maxddude(m): 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
Fiverr is a marketplace and everyone is on the platform for serious business, be it the client or the seller.

Think of Fiverr as a real business, wake up every morning and look for ways to better your business. Work on every order like it is your first, treat every client like they are your only client (Excluding those Indian, Bangladesh & Pakistani client sha �)

I'll address 2 things on my post;

1. Making sales
2. Charging big bucks

Talking about making sales, I've always believed and reiterated that the best means of traffic is from Fiverr itself. If your gig is visible and you offer quality services plus good reviews, the sales will definitely come.

So before you even think of starting, equip yourself with a skill. Get someone to teach you or make YouTube and Google your tutor. Once you learn the basics of any service you want to offer, go on create your account and set up a gig. Improve yourself along the way until you are good enough.

I started a new account recently, I'll tell you what I did.

After creating my account, wrote my profile description, used a profile pic that actually depicts that of a professional. I didn't hurry to start creating a gig just yet, I had to search for sellers offering the same service I wanted to offer, I checked what they were all doing and the price they were charging. Now I realized I had a lot of competitors here an it'll take something spectacular to stand out.

What did I do? I decided to offer something extra and enticing.

I'll give you some examples.

Seller 1 gig: I will write a 500 words article for your blog

(Seller 1 is offering 500 words article and has gotten enough online presence and reviews, if I set up a gig like that. Client will clearly choose seller 1 over me �)

My gig: I will write an engaging 600 words article
(An extra 100 words can do magic you know �)

Now if you can add something enticing to you gig description it'll get better.

Examples;
1. Free stock photo for your blog post (there are so many free photos to use on google search)
2. Give you a free plagiarism report ( Even a free plagiarism checker can give you a report). Attach it and send to your clients.

Extra additions are valued by client and it could be the sole reason why they will be attracted to you.

Even if you are into graphics niche, you can offer PSD file for free.
(Note: This is done to attract the clients to yourself, you can charge higher once you attain higher levels).

Even after offering something extra, you might not get the sales yet.

What next?

Reviews!
Reviews!!
Reviews!!!!

Don't underestimate the power of reviews, no client will entrust his job to a newbie unless of course you are lucky.

But you don't have to wait for luck. So get the reviews up, 2-4 reviews should do for a start.

Even after offering something extra and buying reviews, what next?

Patience, patience my friend �

After setting up my gig and buying reviews, I didn't get any order for 1 week and 3 days. I wasn't bothered, I was only checking my gig analytics for number of clicks and impressions.

Well, when the messages and orders started coming it was overwhelming.

• Getting Clients from Outside Fiverr?•

Yes, you can get clients from outside Fiverr.

Have you ever searched online looking for a solution to something and then you open a blog post, then another. And after reading through the blog post you find yourself going through the comments under the blog post? Yes, that's it!

You can drop comments on YouTube videos or top forums on topics relating to the service you are offering.

For instance, you are offering and SEO service on Fiverr. You can search on YouTube for Videos on SEO.

Make a helpful comment attaching your Fiverr profile link to it (using a link shortener)

Example:
"Thanks Nate for your SEO tutorial, I find linkbuilding really difficult and confusing. I'll definitely put this to practice, but I'm using a professional SEO expert for my website now. Found him in one of those freelancing site, he's been amazing for me. (Profile link here) is his service page , you can check him out."

Above is a sample comment, and believe me 2 out of 10 people who read through will check you out. You can also try this on top forums like Quora �

• About Charging Big bucks •

One thing I've realized over time is, if you keep offering a service your client knows everything about. You will die of revisions and you can't charge high regularly �

A client can easily pay a writer $50 for $10 articles ($5 per article).

Another client will easily pay a video animator $300 for a 10sec animation video or a web designer same amount.

It's obvious web designing & animation requires much more skill and tools compared to writing.
But the client is also paying more because he has little knowledge on how it is done.

This is not to make you think your niche is poor, No! For every niche on Fiverr someone is averaging at least $2000 monthly, so why can't you?

Every category on Fiverr has sub categories, some are more difficult than others. If you think it's possible to make thousands of $$$$ on Fiverr with a basic skill, I'm sorry it doesn't work that way. You will have to master your craft and learn more about your field.

• Knowing The Difference Between Personal Task and Business Task •

If you offer a service that is mostly patronized by individuals, you will find it difficult to make the big bucks.

No one will fork out $1000 dollars just to draw a cartoon portrait of himself or pay you $2000 to build a blog to post his personal activities.

If your gig is not adding or improving a business, then it's time for a rethink. Every service can improve a business depending on how it is packaged.

80% of clients on Fiverr are small business owners or digital marketers working for companies.

Now think of how your gig can benefit their business and offer it to them. If your service will help them make money then you make money as well.

Example:

I run a blog and monitize it using Adsense, after spending $1000 on ads I made just $1300 for the month ($300 in profit). Now this is poor in every standard, then I come on Fiverr and see an expert who says he can help me do blog SEO and increase my Adsense earnings. He charges me $600 and did a good job, I earned $2500 the next month with same $1000 spent on ads.

Now will I pay this same expert more money to improve my blog or increase my ads spent?

Your guess is as good as mine �

• Communication •

Communication is one key to getting or losing a potential job. Learn how to communicate with your client. Every message you receive is a potential order, if your client request to know more about your service and ask you how much you'll charge him, he has also messaged other sellers too. The best communicator with a reasonable pricing always gets the job.

After working for your client, always try to upsell if you can. Look for something extra if you can and offer it to your client.

Sometime ago, a client messaged me to help her write an Ebook. I agreed!

Now an Ebook is not just about writing, but also design. Time to upsell �

I simply asked the client if she has an Ebook cover yet or need someone to help her with it. Well, she said yes!

I simply talked her on how I can get my graphics partner to help her with it. Sent her a couple of samples and she loved it. Then she asked me the question I love hearing "How much will this cost?"

I simply sent her a custom offer, she accepted while I got someone to help me with the design. I ended up profiting not only from writing but also from designing even without drawing a line.

• Last one is Packaging. •

You are graphics Designer, you can't even design your own gig image and you don't have a gallery online to show your clients? Weldone!

You are a writer, you don't have a blog sample or personal blog to show your client when you can open a blogger's blog for free? C'mon!

You are a video editor, you don't have a YouTube channel or sample account? Issokay!

You are serious seller and you can't pay $5-10 bucks to get a pro gig image or video. But you expect your client to pay you big money. Who are you kidding!

Appear pro, look pro, then charge pro �

I'm sorry I couldn't make it brief as promised, but I'll conclude with 3 things you need to grow on Fiverr.

- Patience
- Packaging
- Persistency

Culled from my Freelancing cash secrets group - https://www./702569556618435/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by mitchyy(f): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
Very informative post. Well done
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by maxddude(m): 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by mrphysics(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2018
Well said.
Lalasticlala, this is better than BBNaija.
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
mrphysics:
Well said.

Lalasticlala, this is better than BBNaija.

Hello sir.
I sent you a mail some days ago regarding what we discussed earlier. Guess you're yet to see it. Please reply.
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by mrphysics(m): 10:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
Joseid:

Hello sir.
I sent you a mail some days ago regarding what we discussed earlier. Guess you're yet to see it. Please reply.
I changed email. I will check tomorrow
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
mrphysics:
I changed email. I will check tomorrow
Gracias!
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by dayowunmi(m): 1:36am On Feb 27, 2018
This shouldn't be a single dot shorter. No words wasted. Everything dope

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by pinkydove: 11:24am On Feb 27, 2018
maxddude:
Fiverr is a marketplace and everyone is on the platform for serious business, be it the client or the seller.

Think of Fiverr as a real business, wake up every morning and look for ways to better your business. Work on every order like it is your first, treat every client like they are your only client (Excluding those Indian, Bangladesh & Pakistani client sha �)

I'll address 2 things on my post;

1. Making sales
2. Charging big bucks

Talking about making sales, I've always believed and reiterated that the best means of traffic is from Fiverr itself. If your gig is visible and you offer quality services plus good reviews, the sales will definitely come.

So before you even think of starting, equip yourself with a skill. Get someone to teach you or make YouTube and Google your tutor. Once you learn the basics of any service you want to offer, go on create your account and set up a gig. Improve yourself along the way until you are good enough.

I started a new account recently, I'll tell you what I did.

After creating my account, wrote my profile description, used a profile pic that actually depicts that of a professional. I didn't hurry to start creating a gig just yet, I had to search for sellers offering the same service I wanted to offer, I checked what they were all doing and the price they were charging. Now I realized I had a lot of competitors here an it'll take something spectacular to stand out.

What did I do? I decided to offer something extra and enticing.

I'll give you some examples.

Seller 1 gig: I will write a 500 words article for your blog

(Seller 1 is offering 500 words article and has gotten enough online presence and reviews, if I set up a gig like that. Client will clearly choose seller 1 over me �)

My gig: I will write an engaging 600 words article
(An extra 100 words can do magic you know �)

Now if you can add something enticing to you gig description it'll get better.

Examples;
1. Free stock photo for your blog post (there are so many free photos to use on google search)
2. Give you a free plagiarism report ( Even a free plagiarism checker can give you a report). Attach it and send to your clients.

Extra additions are valued by client and it could be the sole reason why they will be attracted to you.

Even if you are into graphics niche, you can offer PSD file for free.
(Note: This is done to attract the clients to yourself, you can charge higher once you attain higher levels).

Even after offering something extra, you might not get the sales yet.

What next?

Reviews!
Reviews!!
Reviews!!!!

Don't underestimate the power of reviews, no client will entrust his job to a newbie unless of course you are lucky.

But you don't have to wait for luck. So get the reviews up, 2-4 reviews should do for a start.

Even after offering something extra and buying reviews, what next?

Patience, patience my friend �

After setting up my gig and buying reviews, I didn't get any order for 1 week and 3 days. I wasn't bothered, I was only checking my gig analytics for number of clicks and impressions.

Well, when the messages and orders started coming it was overwhelming.

• Getting Clients from Outside Fiverr?•

Yes, you can get clients from outside Fiverr.

Have you ever searched online looking for a solution to something and then you open a blog post, then another. And after reading through the blog post you find yourself going through the comments under the blog post? Yes, that's it!

You can drop comments on YouTube videos or top forums on topics relating to the service you are offering.

For instance, you are offering and SEO service on Fiverr. You can search on YouTube for Videos on SEO.

Make a helpful comment attaching your Fiverr profile link to it (using a link shortener)

Example:
"Thanks Nate for your SEO tutorial, I find linkbuilding really difficult and confusing. I'll definitely put this to practice, but I'm using a professional SEO expert for my website now. Found him in one of those freelancing site, he's been amazing for me. (Profile link here) is his service page , you can check him out."

Above is a sample comment, and believe me 2 out of 10 people who read through will check you out. You can also try this on top forums like Quora �

• About Charging Big bucks •

One thing I've realized over time is, if you keep offering a service your client knows everything about. You will die of revisions and you can't charge high regularly �

A client can easily pay a writer $50 for $10 articles ($5 per article).

Another client will easily pay a video animator $300 for a 10sec animation video or a web designer same amount.

It's obvious web designing & animation requires much more skill and tools compared to writing.
But the client is also paying more because he has little knowledge on how it is done.

This is not to make you think your niche is poor, No! For every niche on Fiverr someone is averaging at least $2000 monthly, so why can't you?

Every category on Fiverr has sub categories, some are more difficult than others. If you think it's possible to make thousands of $$$$ on Fiverr with a basic skill, I'm sorry it doesn't work that way. You will have to master your craft and learn more about your field.

• Knowing The Difference Between Personal Task and Business Task •

If you offer a service that is mostly patronized by individuals, you will find it difficult to make the big bucks.

No one will fork out $1000 dollars just to draw a cartoon portrait of himself or pay you $2000 to build a blog to post his personal activities.

If your gig is not adding or improving a business, then it's time for a rethink. Every service can improve a business depending on how it is packaged.

80% of clients on Fiverr are small business owners or digital marketers working for companies.

Now think of how your gig can benefit their business and offer it to them. If your service will help them make money then you make money as well.

Example:

I run a blog and monitize it using Adsense, after spending $1000 on ads I made just $1300 for the month ($300 in profit). Now this is poor in every standard, then I come on Fiverr and see an expert who says he can help me do blog SEO and increase my Adsense earnings. He charges me $600 and did a good job, I earned $2500 the next month with same $1000 spent on ads.

Now will I pay this same expert more money to improve my blog or increase my ads spent?

Your guess is as good as mine �

• Communication •

Communication is one key to getting or losing a potential job. Learn how to communicate with your client. Every message you receive is a potential order, if your client request to know more about your service and ask you how much you'll charge him, he has also messaged other sellers too. The best communicator with a reasonable pricing always gets the job.

After working for your client, always try to upsell if you can. Look for something extra if you can and offer it to your client.

Sometime ago, a client messaged me to help her write an Ebook. I agreed!

Now an Ebook is not just about writing, but also design. Time to upsell �

I simply asked the client if she has an Ebook cover yet or need someone to help her with it. Well, she said yes!

I simply talked her on how I can get my graphics partner to help her with it. Sent her a couple of samples and she loved it. Then she asked me the question I love hearing "How much will this cost?"

I simply sent her a custom offer, she accepted while I got someone to help me with the design. I ended up profiting not only from writing but also from designing even without drawing a line.

• Last one is Packaging. •

You are graphics Designer, you can't even design your own gig image and you don't have a gallery online to show your clients? Weldone!

You are a writer, you don't have a blog sample or personal blog to show your client when you can open a blogger's blog for free? C'mon!

You are a video editor, you don't have a YouTube channel or sample account? Issokay!

You are serious seller and you can't pay $5-10 bucks to get a pro gig image or video. But you expect your client to pay you big money. Who are you kidding!

Appear pro, look pro, then charge pro �

I'm sorry I couldn't make it brief as promised, but I'll conclude with 3 things you need to grow on Fiverr.

- Patience
- Packaging
- Persistency

Culled from my Freelancing cash secrets group - https://www./702569556618435/
please my fiverr app isn't working.. What could be wrong?
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by maxddude(m): 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2018
pinkydove:
please my fiverr app isn't working.. What could be wrong?
It's an issue from Fiverr, hopefully it'll be resolved before the end of today.
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by pinkydove: 6:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
maxddude:

It's an issue from Fiverr, hopefully it'll be resolved before the end of today.
it is from my airtel sim.. It worked with mtn
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by maxddude(m): 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2018
We are currently running FREE lessons on smart ways to sell your service on Fiverr. You can still follow the link to join the group and learn even more wink
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by Wisedove(m): 6:52am On Mar 01, 2018
is it advisable to use a nigerian account on Fiver or using a VPN Which of this is the best please?
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by maxddude(m): 9:33am On Mar 01, 2018
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by Wisedove(m): 11:00am On Mar 01, 2018
maxddude:

I recommend using a foreign account, US precisely.

You can use free vpn like anonymox or paid vpn like IPVanish
Thanks
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by maxddude(m): 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
Still On!
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by Vsammi1: 1:52pm On May 22, 2019
I came across a video lately and it changed the game for me on fiverr. I'm sure you will get a lot of value from it as well. https:///2VDzKfu
Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by Vsammi1: 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
*** FUEL YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS HUSTLE ***

Happy new year to you!

It's a new year and with new year comes new goals.

Last year was a good year for me in my online businesses. Thanks to all the experts who sell their knowledge in courses to help others.

In the spirit of the season, let me extend the same help to you.

Ace your online business with these MASSIVE load of resources.

These are resources I got last year and I'm giving them out for a token to help you make your dreams a reality this new year.

However, this offer won't be on the table forever, so take advantage of it while it lasts.

Here's what you get:

1. Kevin David Facebook Ninja Masterclass (Training Videos) ~ $997

This is the LAST facebook advertising course YOU WILL EVER NEED!

It will help you with step by step guide to master facebook Ads .

2. 30-Day Ecommerce Training Challenge (Training Videos) by ET Jeraun Richards ~ $497

THE 30-DAY ECOM CHALLENGE is a Challenge Course That Teaches You What You Need to Know About Starting Multiple eCommerce Businesses and Generating Your Own Sales Within 30 Days!

3. Hustle With Fiverr (Real Info From Top Seller) (Training Videos)

4. Avada Theme for WordPress (version 5 and 6) ~$200

5. 19,000 PLR articles ~$389

6. Clickbank Super Affiliate Bootcamp by Paolo Beringuel (Training Videos) ~$4,497

Full step by step tutorial on how to promote Clickbank affiliate products and how to become a Clickbank Super Affiliate.

7. Bradley Riley - Social Media Marketing (Training Videos) ~ $495

This training will show you how to quit your job and work from anywhere.

8. Astra Theme and pro add-on for WordPress ~ $60

Step up your ONLINE BUSINESS THIS NEW YEAR with these BUNDLE of RESOURCES

Click here to connect on WHATSAPP:

https:///39QlxV2

Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by Vsammi1: 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2020

Happy new year to you!

Last year was a good year for me in my online businesses. Thanks to all the experts who sell their knowledge in courses to help others.

These are resources I got last year and I'm giving them out for a token to help you make your dreams a reality this new year.

However, this offer won't be on the table forever, so take advantage of it while it lasts.

Here's what you get:

2. 30-Day Ecommerce Training Challenge (Training Videos) by ET Jeraun Richards ~ $497

THE 30-DAY ECOM CHALLENGE is a Challenge Course That Teaches You What You Need to Know About Starting Multiple eCommerce Businesses and Generating Your Own Sales Within 30 Days!

6. Clickbank Super Affiliate Bootcamp by Paolo Beringuel (Training Videos) ~$4,497

Full step by step tutorial on how to promote Clickbank affiliate products and how to become a Clickbank Super Affiliate.

Chat me on whatsApp here: 0802_798_9375

**WhatsApp only please

Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by Vsammi1: 11:41am On Jan 10, 2020
Vsammi1:

Happy new year to you!

Here's what you get:

Chat me on whatsApp here: 0802_798_9375

**WhatsApp only please

Here's a breakdown of the offer:

You get training videos on how to set up the following online businesses:

1. Facebook marketing course

2. Affiliate business course

3. Ecommerce Training

4. Fiverr freelance training videos

5. Social media marketing training

6 Avada theme

7. Astra theme

8. 19,000 PLR articles

This offer is will be over soon.

WhatsApp 0802_798_9375 to secure your bundle for just 5k.

Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by Vsammi1: 5:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
I've you ever been lost before trying to locate a place??

Well, I have and it happened years ago before Google map became popular.

I was in Lagos for the first time to write my post-utme and I was trying to locate Unilag from the bus Park at Oshodi.

I asked a few passers-by for direction but I became all the more confused as different people said different things.

I spent about 2hr 30 min wandering around with my heavy bag. Seeing I wasn't making any progress, I made my way back to the bus Park.

The experience was not funny at all becasue I spent double the amount of money I was supposed to spend (money that I did not have) and I also wasted a lot of time.

Thankfully my brother's friend who was then a student of unilag came to pick me and in about 45minutes we were at unilag gate.

So what's the difference? He knew way!

My experience above is what so many people are currently experiencing in making money online trying to figure out things on their own.

They are wasting time and money trying to figure out things all on their own.

Why not save yourself money that you cannot afford to waste and let someone who knows the way grab your hands instead of wandering online.

This is what I did last year and I still do the same today. I don't venture into an on-line business no matter the hype without firstly seeking out an expert's guidance through their courses and training.

As a result, I have a lot of these courses just sitting on my hard drive and I have carefully selected the best ones to help anyone start making money online depending on whichever vehicle they choose; whether it is affiliate marketing, Ecommerce, Facebook marketing, freelancing etc

Hit me up to get it for a token.

"Why not give out for free?", you may ask. This is so only those who know the value of these courses will reach out and not Freebie-seekers who will never take action.

Here's a breakdown of the offer:

You get training videos on how to set up the following online businesses:

3. Avada Theme for WordPress (version 5 and 6) ~$200

4. 19,000 PLR articles ~$389

5. Clickbank Super Affiliate Bootcamp by Paolo Beringuel (Training Videos) ~$4,497

6. Bradley Riley - Social Media Marketing (Training Videos) ~ $495

WhatsApp 0802_798_9375 to secure your bundle for just #5, 000.

Re: The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian by macphilip: 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgKeEnFezBc&t=76s
How to make money on Fiverr in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Nigeria 2019: Create Paypal Account That Sends And Receive Money In Niger / Why Is Ghana Cedi Stronger Than Naira / Diamond Platnumz, Elumelu, Umurhohwo Among Top 100 Influential People Of 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.