Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) (40563 Views)

Billy Graham's Body Reaches Hometown Of Charlotte, North Carolina / Billy Graham Dies At 99 / Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by HigherEd: 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2018
Well done good and faithful servant': Motorcade carrying Billy Graham's body travels thru North Carolina

Thousands of people lined city streets and interstate freeways Saturday to pay their respects to the Rev. Billy Graham as a motorcade took his body from the Cove outside Asheville to the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte.

People along the road adopted all sorts of postures as the Graham motorcade passed. Most commonly, people simply held up their smart phone to get video or a photo.

But clearly for many people, seeing the hearse carrying Graham’s body was much more than a matter of curiosity.
Graham died Wednesday at his home in Montreat at age 99. The faces of those along the motorcade route made it clear that the evangelist had touched thousands of people in North Carolina, not to mention the lives of millions he affected during crusades around the world.
One woman in Black Mountain held both arms high over her head, her eyes full of tears, and said, “Thank you, God.”

Some held Bibles aloft, some raised an arm with their palm toward the hearse in worship and a couple of people held up wooden crosses. Many people doffed their hats or caps and held them over their hearts, often with a phone or camera in their other hand.
Church was in session along State Street in Black Mountain. People read from Bibles and sang hymns. They quoted scripture and talked about their favorite memories from Graham's crusades.
An evangelistic Christian men's group of 29 happened to be in town for their annual retreat, which takes place in Montreat. The "interdenominational, inter-generational, interracial" group was honored to say goodbye to Graham, said member Robert Cely.

"He was a great evangelist, a great man and a great American," he said. "You can't really be a believer today without having been influenced in some way by Billy Graham, even if you don't realize it."
One man held his palms together as if in prayer. Another appeared to be crossing himself. Many saluted, some wearing uniforms, some not. Some waved. Two women knelt by the side of the road in Black Mountain.
Lynda Davis, 69, a gospel singer who has lived in Black Mountain her entire life, says she met Billy Graham after singing at the funeral of one of his groundskeepers 22 years ago.
Today she came to sing for Billy, she said.
“What a blessing," Davis said through tears as the motorcade drew near. "My heart is pounding. It’s bittersweet, but I know I’ll see him again.”

Some people looked solemn. Others, like Davis, were jubilant. Davis had planned to sing "Just As I Am," one of Graham's favorite songs with which he closed many of his crusades, as the motorcade passed.
When the people around her began singing "Amazing Grace" instead, Davis joined them.
"I'm not going to holler at him," she said. "I'm going to sing to pay my respect to the greatest preacher who ever lived."

Davis and her husband, Terry, carried with them a neon yellow sign that said Graham's new address was heaven.
About 250 family, friends and staffers attended a private prayer service Saturday morning before the motorcade left the facility called the Billy Graham Training Center, at about 11:05 a.m. Saturday.

The motorcade passed through both downtown Black Mountain and downtown Charlotte.
Jim Spencer, an employee of Town Hardware in Black Mountain, said he'd never seen so many people lining the streets. Not even the Christmas parade could compete, he said.
"He was a man that the world loved, that's for sure," Spencer said.
The crowds were largest in Black Mountain and Charlotte, where Graham grew up, but they were big in most places along the route. It is difficult to estimate the total number of people, but 10,000 is a reasonable guess and the figure could easily be larger.

At one bridge, signs reading "Thank you for preaching in ..." were attached to the side of the bridge. Below hung signs from perhaps a dozen countries around the globe where Graham had led a crusade.

A few people clapped, some gave a thumbs up or flashed a peace sign and many just stood solemnly.
Many American and Christian flags were along the route and there were all sorts of signs: "#Welldone," "We love Billy," "Thank you God for Billy Graham," "Thank you for teaching us to love Christ," and in Charlotte, "Welcome Home."
In Charlotte, a couple and their young children each held a sign with a word from the most common message seen: "Well done good and faithful servant."

It was undoubtedly written on the hearts of many who watched the motorcade as well.
Graham is to be buried at the Billy Graham Library on March 2. His body will first lie in state in the rotunda of the Capitol in Washington, D.C., next week.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1289201214557080&id=444807728996437

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by HigherEd: 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
And so it is America has lost almost all of its Christian Principalities within the past few decades. From Oral Roberts to Hagin, TL Osborne and now Billy and many other servants of Christ.

Graham's death marks a new era where God would begin to show off new Generals to lead his people- Another wave of revivalist is coming to America. USA would never go down!

May God Gift America another that is twice of Billy Graham's grace and anointing.

267 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by Shedrack777: 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
R.I.P

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by sbm060(m): 4:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
Nothing as good as living

God i thank u 4 we all are alive

14 Likes

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by yomibelle(f): 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
He lives on thru his messages n books

Numbers 23vs10...
"Let me die the death of the righteous and let my last end be like his!"

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by DICKtator: 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by salbis(m): 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
You came, you saw and you conquered. Good night gallant soldier of the cross.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by etugba(m): 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
Later they will say monkey ran away with 700million

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by nairalanduseles: 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
las las we all go die ...... make we see if he go come back from death

1 Like

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by yebzman: 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
He Touched Lives.
He's sent Mission is Accomplished...
Gone Back to the Creator to give account just like EVERYONE else would do 111111 day....

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
Rip

1 Like

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by nairalanduseles: 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
sbm060:

cos u never dey pay bills.......like tupac said ....death gotta be easy cos life is hard

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by chardino(m): 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
Rest in peace a great Army of salvation.

4 Likes

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
Eyaaa, thats so sweet.[/code]
Anyways, Please nairalanders,is there any one benevolent
Enough to help me with a token
I'm currently super broke and in need of help.
Good samaritans can reach me via 09029512104.(whatsapp)
Thanks in anticipation.
Ps: please and please,members who have no intention in helping me shouldn't bother contacting me.Please for Christ sake
I'm begging!!
Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by Iseoluwani: 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
I actually tot I saw MOTORCYCLE CARRYING BILLY

RIP MOG

YOY STILL LIVE IN OUR HEARTS. REGARDS TO Kenneth HAGIN

1 Like

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by timbs001(m): 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
sbm060:

Well, you can't live forever.
Nothing as good going to rest after having lived a fulfilled life

7 Likes

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by Meajor(m): 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
Heaven rejoice over the death of a righteous man

3 Likes

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by free2ryhme: 8:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
HigherEd:
Well done good and faithful servant': Motorcade carrying Billy Graham's body travels thru North Carolina

Thousands of people lined city streets and interstate freeways Saturday to pay their respects to the Rev. Billy Graham as a motorcade took his body from the Cove outside Asheville to the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte.

People along the road adopted all sorts of postures as the Graham motorcade passed. Most commonly, people simply held up their smart phone to get video or a photo.

But clearly for many people, seeing the hearse carrying Graham’s body was much more than a matter of curiosity.
Graham died Wednesday at his home in Montreat at age 99. The faces of those along the motorcade route made it clear that the evangelist had touched thousands of people in North Carolina, not to mention the lives of millions he affected during crusades around the world.
One woman in Black Mountain held both arms high over her head, her eyes full of tears, and said, “Thank you, God.”

Some held Bibles aloft, some raised an arm with their palm toward the hearse in worship and a couple of people held up wooden crosses. Many people doffed their hats or caps and held them over their hearts, often with a phone or camera in their other hand.
Church was in session along State Street in Black Mountain. People read from Bibles and sang hymns. They quoted scripture and talked about their favorite memories from Graham's crusades.
An evangelistic Christian men's group of 29 happened to be in town for their annual retreat, which takes place in Montreat. The "interdenominational, inter-generational, interracial" group was honored to say goodbye to Graham, said member Robert Cely.

"He was a great evangelist, a great man and a great American," he said. "You can't really be a believer today without having been influenced in some way by Billy Graham, even if you don't realize it."
One man held his palms together as if in prayer. Another appeared to be crossing himself. Many saluted, some wearing uniforms, some not. Some waved. Two women knelt by the side of the road in Black Mountain.
Lynda Davis, 69, a gospel singer who has lived in Black Mountain her entire life, says she met Billy Graham after singing at the funeral of one of his groundskeepers 22 years ago.
Today she came to sing for Billy, she said.
“What a blessing," Davis said through tears as the motorcade drew near. "My heart is pounding. It’s bittersweet, but I know I’ll see him again.”

Some people looked solemn. Others, like Davis, were jubilant. Davis had planned to sing "Just As I Am," one of Graham's favorite songs with which he closed many of his crusades, as the motorcade passed.
When the people around her began singing "Amazing Grace" instead, Davis joined them.
"I'm not going to holler at him," she said. "I'm going to sing to pay my respect to the greatest preacher who ever lived."

Davis and her husband, Terry, carried with them a neon yellow sign that said Graham's new address was heaven.
About 250 family, friends and staffers attended a private prayer service Saturday morning before the motorcade left the facility called the Billy Graham Training Center, at about 11:05 a.m. Saturday.

The motorcade passed through both downtown Black Mountain and downtown Charlotte.
Jim Spencer, an employee of Town Hardware in Black Mountain, said he'd never seen so many people lining the streets. Not even the Christmas parade could compete, he said.
"He was a man that the world loved, that's for sure," Spencer said.
The crowds were largest in Black Mountain and Charlotte, where Graham grew up, but they were big in most places along the route. It is difficult to estimate the total number of people, but 10,000 is a reasonable guess and the figure could easily be larger.

At one bridge, signs reading "Thank you for preaching in ..." were attached to the side of the bridge. Below hung signs from perhaps a dozen countries around the globe where Graham had led a crusade.

A few people clapped, some gave a thumbs up or flashed a peace sign and many just stood solemnly.
Many American and Christian flags were along the route and there were all sorts of signs: "#Welldone," "We love Billy," "Thank you God for Billy Graham," "Thank you for teaching us to love Christ," and in Charlotte, "Welcome Home."
In Charlotte, a couple and their young children each held a sign with a word from the most common message seen: "Well done good and faithful servant."

It was undoubtedly written on the hearts of many who watched the motorcade as well.
Graham is to be buried at the Billy Graham Library on March 2. His body will first lie in state in the rotunda of the Capitol in Washington, D.C., next week.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1289201214557080&id=444807728996437
Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by Iseoluwani: 8:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
HigherEd:
And so it is America has lost almost all of its Christian Principalities within the past few decades. From Oral Roberts to Hagin, TL Osborne and now Billy and many other servants of Christ.

Graham's death marks a new era where God would begin to show off new Generals to lead his people- Another wave of revivalist is coming to America.

May God Gift America another that is twice of Billy Graham's grace and anointing.

Benny Hinn said this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by kingzjay(m): 8:09pm On Feb 25, 2018
This man has a date in History. As long as Christ tarries, his name shall be remembered.

A good and purposeful life is worth living indeed

5 Likes

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by Iruobean(m): 8:11pm On Feb 25, 2018
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by agog: 8:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
yomibelle:
He lives on thru his messages n books

Numbers 23vs10...
"Let me die the death of the righteous and let my last end be like his!"

Me too. Amen

1 Like

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by bewla(m): 8:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
This thing to long Arsenal fc fans no go fit am with this kind thrashing from man city

Rip to the dead man of God
Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by coluka: 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
America has rejected Christ
Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by congorasta: 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
no sirene or alarm, if na our politicians
Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2018

15 Likes

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by clems88(m): 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
We miss you MOG embarassed

1 Like

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by Chiedu4Trump: 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
clems88:
We miss you MOG embarassed
You sure?

No true man of God can say u can get to heaven without Jesus.

Billy Graham said u Buddhists & Muslims can make heaven without Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MZWug3QAvs

If anybody denies Jesus is the only, then ur a heretic.
Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by ipobarecriminals: 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
cool Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his servants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorcade Carrying Billy Graham's Body Travels Through North Carolina (photo) by Monaco2(m): 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2018
100 years

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UN: Taking Children To Church Violates Their Human Rights / 8 Men Of God, Different 2015 Revelations – What Do We Believe? / Timi Dakolo Reacts To Busola Demanding N10 Million From Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.