Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Jerusalem's Holy Sepulchre Shut In Protest Against Israeli Policy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jerusalem's Holy Sepulchre Shut In Protest Against Israeli Policy (427 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Leads RCCG Protest Against Insecurity In Nigeria (Video, Photos) / CAN Prayer Walk: Pastor Adeboye Leads Protest Against Insecurity (Photos) / Keys To The Church Of The Holy Sepulchre Not Held By Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jerusalem's Holy Sepulchre Shut In Protest Against Israeli Policy by usba: 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2018
In a rare move, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem has been indefinitely shut in protest against what church leaders say is "discriminatory" Israeli policy aimed at weakening Christian presence in the holy city.

In a statement released on Sunday, church leaders said Israel was violating the status quo at the site, which is one of the holiest in Christianity, at an "unprecedented level".

The church is believed by many Christians to be the site of Jesus' crucifixion and burial, and is a major pilgrimage site.

Referring to a bill recently introduced in Israel's parliament that would allow the Israeli state to take over church properties leased to private companies, they said: "The systematic campaign of abuse against Churches and Christians reaches now its peak as a discriminatory and racist bill that targets solely the properties of the Christian community ..."

The statement, signed by Roman Catholic, Armenian and Greek Orthodox church leaders, also condemned plans by the Israeli government to begin imposing taxes on church properties.

"These actions breach existing agreements and international obligations, which guarantee the rights and privileges of the Churches, in what seems as an attempt to weaken the Christian presence in Jerusalem," the press release read.

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is located in occupied East Jerusalem's Old City.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/02/jerusalem-holy-sepulchre-shut-protest-israeli-policy-180225102921876.html

Lalasticala mynd44

Re: Jerusalem's Holy Sepulchre Shut In Protest Against Israeli Policy by usba: 4:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
Sad to see albagdadi is too scared to speak about his heroes mistreatment of Christians. grin grin grin
Re: Jerusalem's Holy Sepulchre Shut In Protest Against Israeli Policy by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2018
the guy on the right look lyk those pharisees that planned Jesus' crucifixion.see as im face strong
Re: Jerusalem's Holy Sepulchre Shut In Protest Against Israeli Policy by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
If you sit down and give a thought to what is happening around the world, you'd agree that the world is in deep shit and its fast folding up to a close.
BTW, hope mosques will pay tax also?
Re: Jerusalem's Holy Sepulchre Shut In Protest Against Israeli Policy by Ubenedictus(m): 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
ejikemeuwa:
the guy on the right look lyk those pharisees that planned Jesus' crucifixion.see as im face strong
take am easy, he is an eastern Orthodox priest and Monk... he is somebody's pastor no cause e-war here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jerusalem's Holy Sepulchre Shut In Protest Against Israeli Policy by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ubenedictus:
take am easy, he is an eastern Orthodox priest and Monk... he is somebody's pastor no cause e-war here
i appologise. i retract my statement
Re: Jerusalem's Holy Sepulchre Shut In Protest Against Israeli Policy by Ubenedictus(m): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
ejikemeuwa:
i appologise. i retract my statement
no wahala oga

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Bushiri Blessed With Billions / "She Killed Her Mum,plucked Out Her Eyes, And Left Some Religious Notes"-police / Ron Reed's Personal Experience. A Former Jehovah's Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.