Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster (34245 Views)

Update On The Search For The Missing Dapchi Girls / Names Of 105 Missing Dapchi Schoolgirls (Full List By The Nation Newspaper) / Yobe Government Apologises For False News On Missing Dapchi Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by GistMore: 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
GitMore.com

CNN’s anchor, Isha Isatu Sesay, has faulted President Muhammadu Buhari’s statement on missing Dapchi School girls.

Buhari in a statement on Friday confirming the abduction of the girls described the situation as a national disaster while assuring parents of safety of their wards.

Reacting, Sesay via her tweets said the case of the missing girls was not a national disaster but a national disgrace.

Her tweets read; Nigeria‘s President#Buhari calls abduction of#DapchiGirls “a national disaster.

“That’s an understatement – it’s a national disgrace. More girls taken – again?? Yobe, ChibokGirls.

“I want to live in a world where the lives of the #DapchiGirls are held to be just as important as those of kids in other places.

“A world where everyone is talking about schoolgirls being stolen by terrorists. Is that too much to ask ?Nigeria..”

https://www.gistmore.com/dapchi-missing-girls-national-disgrace-not-disaster-cnn-anchor-faults-buhari

https://mobile.twitter.com/IshaSesayCNN/status/967455895708844032

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by dingbang(m): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
He is not ashamed of himself .. Dude even wishes to recontest.. Let him even recontest and win sef.. He will just end up like his predecessor Yaradua.

169 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Omeokachie: 9:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
"Buhari in a statement on Friday confirming the abduction of the girls described the situation as a national disaster while assuring parents of safety of their wards."

How can you assure parents of the safety of their wards that are not in your custody?

I wonder why this president keeps reading prepared speeches that makes no sense.

376 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Sirjamo: 9:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
dingbang:
He is not ashamed of himself .. Dude even wishes to recontest.. Let him even recontest and win sef.. He will just end up like his predecessor Yaradua.
Are you worried about his re election or the girls abduction?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Gangster1ms: 9:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by sotall(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ok
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Hofbrauhaus(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
angry

3 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by kelvinezeh55(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
Buhari and APC think is funny the way they are disgracing us

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by whitebeard(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
Chai buhari, how will I tell all those white people when I see them on discord that I am Nigerian ehn..!! Nawa oh.

24 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
It is a disaster and a disgrace as it shows the state and federal government has not learned much from the Chibok experience.

Having said that,I must commend the government for

1.So far not blaming the opposition for masterminding the plot.

2.So far,not having the first lady call in the principal of the school to come in for 'criticism'

3.So far not saying that it is a scam.

Having said that...Boko Haram needs to be defeated. Time to declare total war...plus a state of emergency.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Hofbrauhaus(m): 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
Omeokachie:
"Buhari in a statement on Friday confirming the abduction of the girls described the situation as a national disaster while assuring parents of safety of their wards."

How can you assure parents of the safety of their wards that are not in your custody?

I wonder why this president keeps reading prepared speeches that makes no sense.

Don't be too sure they are not in his custody...

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
this country is a total joke...they are actually the joker and we are the jokee

*spit* shit hole

13 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Ugo4hotish(m): 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
#copied
DO YOU KNOW THAT NIGERIA CAN BE ILLUSTRATED USING SOUTHEAST NIGERIA
Let's roughly analyze the southeast states of Nigeria to show how the IGBo region of Nigeria look similar to Nigeria at large.

Firstly keep a Map of Nigeria beside you while reading this piece.

Let's talk about Imo state- Imo state is situated at the southwestern part of the southeastern region. Just like the Yorubas of the southwestern Nigeria, they are the most educated and civilized state in the southeastern region. A state that it's citizens constitutes up to 20% of waec and jamb candidates yearly. A state where your BSc cert is valueless, because almost everyone has an MSc or PhD. Imo has the highest number of professors in Igbo land. A state where jungle justice is at a low, notwithstanding the rising crime rate. A state where the governor is voted because of his personality and not because of where he hails from. A state that have consistently won the national award of neatness.
Thank God I'm from Imo state.

Anambra - this state can be found in the Northwestern part of southeast. Just like the Hausa/Fulani of the NorthWestern Nigeria, Anambra has been in the political hub of IGBO people at both in regional and National level. Nigerian political history is not complete without mentioning fallen heroes like Azikiwe, Obi of Onitsha, Ojukwu, Dora Akunyili, Ekwueme.
Well IGBO believe they originated from Nri, a community in Anambra, that left me with little wonders why the Anambra people have been piloting the Affairs of the Igbo nation.
Another similarity of Anambra and the Northwest of Nigeria is that, in the precolonial era, only in Anambra (onitsha) there existed a centralized system of Government just like the Hausa empire. The onitsha Empire was ruled by Obi of Onitsha.
Tho the richest IGBO man hails from Abia, but many rich IGBO citizens are from Anambra state.

Enugu - Enugu can be taken to be the North Central part of Southeast. As Abuja is to Nigeria, as Enugu is to Southeast. Abuja is part of the North Central Nigeria. Enugu for long has been the administrative capital of the IGBO people and the old Eastern region at large (which comprises of the present day SOUTHSOUTH). Enugu is of great importance to the Igbo history and is a very sacred place to the igbos. They see Enugu as a pace setter state and a role model to other south eastern states.

Ebonyi - just like the Borno and Adamawa, Ebonyi is flanked to the northeastern part of the Southeastern Nigeria. Ebonyi being an under scorer amongst her sister states in terms of development is the Agricultural hub of Igboland, just like the Northeastern Nigeria. The states economy is built on Agriculture. Ebonyi farms cash crops like Maize, cassava, local rice and many others cereal foods.
Just the Maiduguri (Unimaid Medical school), the Ebonyi State University is said to have the best medical school in the whole of Southeast.
The Ebonyi is Said to be the first contact point of Islam in Southeast, just like Maiduguri the largest city in Northeastern Nigeria. The highest number of Igbo indigenous Muslims are from Ebonyi.

ABIA - I call it the Southeast of southeast. Everything an IGBO man is known for can be found in ABIA citizens. I know what I'm talking about. ABIA people can be said to be the most undiluted form of igboism. They are well known for their crafty nature just like the igbos are generally known for it. If you doubt me, take a tour to Aba you'll observe that so many talents are been wasted by government for not harnessing and utilizing it very well. Aba can clone any product they set their eyes on.
The southeast is known for palm oil production. In southeast, there are more palm trees in ABIA state that any other state. The palm oil of ABIA is the best quality in West Africa.
Taking a geographical study on ABIA state, one can find out that the typography of the other 4 southeast states can be found in ABIA,... Some parts of ABIA are plain like IMO state, place like Arocchukwu and Abiriba in ABIA are hilly like Enugu. ABIA is the second most educated southeast state after Imo. The IGBOs are known for bravery, I can confidently tell you that the bravest IGBOs of history are the Abiriba warriors of ABIA state.

I know that the reader must have been wondering why I chose to describe Nigeria using only southeast instead of the IGBOs in general(which comprises of the Anioma of delta state, igboid groups of Rivers states like Ikwerre, Etchie, Obiigbo, Ndoki of Akwa ibom, Ekwurekwu and Agbo and Isobo people of Cross Rivers and those of Kogi and Benue.)

But the fact remains that, it is only the south easterners sees themselves as IGBOs. I don't know what happened in the past but as a scholar of history, I learnt that ever since the conquest of Biafra in 1970. These IGBO groups decided to detest their IGBO identity. Validating this fact, I haven't seen someone from these non-southeastern states boldly saying that he's an IGBO man. So bad that they these IGBO groups connived with the FG to strip off the southeasterns of their property all in the name of Abandoned property.
It's high time we the real IGBOs learn how to live on our own and treat these Former IGBOs of the SOUTHSOUTH like Nigerians and not like our brothers. For it is said in IGBO land the Ezi enyi Ka Ajo Nwanne, I take an Ebira or TIV dearer than an ikwerre.

It's time for Igbos to unite and address their issues
God bless SouthEast !
God bless Nigeria!!
Igbo kwenu!

68 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by ekensi01: 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
grin

That's what I always do since I know the whole truth.
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by NairaMaster1(m): 9:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
Buhari himself is an international disgrace and disaster put together.

18 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Throwback: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
Buhari is a failure.

He refused to learn not to be dull, clueless and useless like Jonathan.

Shame on him. I feel no pity for one who refuses to learn.

I remember how Jonathan zombies and sycophants almost declared fatwa on Isha Sesay and Amanpour for the way they totally scrutinized and ridiculed that government for how useless and callous they were for trying to sweep the Chibok girls matter under the carpet.

But now, they are chorusing the factual opinion of same news anchor.

I bet you all that FFK and Asari Dokubo will believe this kidnapping and not call it a scam.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by smokedfish: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
National disgrace plus disaster joined with failure...

All what you used to vote out GEJ is catching up with you one after the other

Karma iza biitch

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by obinoral1179(m): 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
National disaster and national disgrace...... Heads should be rolling right now but nothing will happen...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by stonemasonn: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
The media and the international community seems to be scared of Buhari. It would have been HELL if Jona was president.

10 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by wristbangle: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
To me it's both - disgrace and disaster. The abduction of those girls wouldn't be without the involvement of a wicked politician.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by RichDad1(m): 9:52pm On Feb 25, 2018
All because of politics.
Nigerian lives are now being played like Chess.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by smokedfish: 9:52pm On Feb 25, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

Don't be too sure they are not in his custody...
bros....you sabi book.....

Theeree gbosa for you

13 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 25, 2018
smokedfish:
National disgrace plus disaster joined with failure...

All what you used to vote out GEJ is catching up with you one after the other

Karma iza biitch

The same government that when faced with the Chibok issue....

1.Blamed the opposition

2.Said it was a scam

3.Wasted precious time in searching for the girls.

4.Sent in 'thugs' to attack protesters.

This current govt has not done better...hence this kidnap disaster....but voting PDP out was not a mistake. The mistake probably was thinking that APC would be an improvement...and ,looking at the bigger picture...the failure of Nigerians since independence to make their leaders work for them....and backing corruption because it benefits them

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by stonemasonn: 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2018
The media and the international community seems to be scared of Buhari. It would have been HELL for Jona if he was president. Thank God he lost, at least he’s resting now.

3 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Newpride(m): 9:53pm On Feb 25, 2018
Which one be national disgrace and not disaster?
it's a disaster to the family of those who are victims and disgrace to fed gov led by pmb who can't provide maximum security for Nigerians.
once beaten, twice shy is what they say but this never applies to pmb at all.
The man is deaf and deviant who doesn't listen hence Soyinka confirmed him to be in trance.

1 Like

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by sammyj: 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2018
shocked Although what she said is completely write however, she need to know that insulting our president implies insulting the entire country!!!
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by vRendoh(m): 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
tongue
She is one of the wailers i guess shocked

6 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by ballerin(m): 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
Has anyone heard anything from the Northern elders and elites as of yet?
Where is Muric, Ango Abdulahi,
Why are the Emirs & Sultan dead mute?
Those Who heaped massive pressure on the last administration are stuttering for words..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Franzinni: 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
The BH boys are tired of whanking with desert sand....so they go and kidnap kids...in situations like this... I wish I could change country of birth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
Who is dat Olatunji Lawal disgracing his ancestors there? She distinguished 'disaster' n ' disgrace' by stating de reason for her of de word 'disgrace' n he still doesn't gerrit cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
stonemasonn:
The media and the international community seems to be scared of Buhari. It would have been HELL for Jona if he was president. Thank God he lost, at least he’s resting now.

It is just week one...and already the governor of Yobe got stoned when he visited the area. The heat is going to get hotter on the govt.

After all, this govt had to negotiate to get the chibok girls released....not that it was the best idea...but then again,Israel for example released ten Hezbollah fighters in return for the dead bodies of two of its soldiers....because the same media and international community continued to ramp up the pressure...even though power had changed hands.
Re: Isha Sesay: Missing Dapchi Girls A National Disgrace, Not Disaster by GreatDreams: 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
National disgrace is an understatement....I think you should rather say "zoological disgrace" cos its confirmed leaders here protect animals than human.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magnus Abe And Tonye Cole All Smiles, Pictured Together In Rivers State / Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG / President Orders Police To Vacate Rivers Local Govts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.