Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,128 members, 7,807,417 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave (35905 Views)

Pls I Need Ur Orientation On How To Manage A Female Boss At Work / 5 Deadly Sins To Avoid At Job Interviews / Please Help My Brother On This Job Interview He Was Invited For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by bossrillboss: 8:58am On Feb 26, 2018
sirusX:
See gobe! shocked
Lost two jobs in one sitting

I can imagine the boss asking him questions during the interview:
It say on your CV that you’re currently employed, why would you want to leave your current workplace?

Some of the core values of this company are trust and integrity, are u always honest?

For the 2nd question, na to cry in silence cry
...Lwkmd..na really to cry in silence.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Manasp: 9:01am On Feb 26, 2018
007author:
His village people are after him

Hahahahahaha, abi u think so ooooooooo, me na greedy mind
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Kumashi2: 9:06am On Feb 26, 2018
God bless d poster below....
U said it almost all...

My points...
1. There is nothing wrong in going for another interview while u r stil working with a company (as long as u are not in any bond agreement with ur comp). Also if u have swap from one company to another, u must have done this (lied) b4.
I was given 2days sick leave in my previous company and I used d 2days off to attend another medical examination of another company. And I resigned from my former comp d day my 2days sick leave expired...

2. If d boss can b among d panelists, then it makes it simple for d guy. D question is wat is d boss also doing there? Definitely working for another company too (probably consultant or so)...

Psoul:

I don't see that as greed. It's called aspiring to be better. U don't just remain stationary and hope to improve.

Even the boss that was one of the panelists, what was he doing dia. Won't he be paid for that job he went there for. The boss is also doing double job. That time he was spending there belongs to the company that employed him and not for that one that hired him for the interview.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by enonche85(m): 9:10am On Feb 26, 2018
sirusX:
See gobe! shocked

It say on your CV that you’re currently employed, why would you want to leave your current workplace?

Some of the core values of this company are trust and integrity, are u always honest?

Hahahahaha!...I can imagine the kyn questions the boss will ask.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Talkingboy: 9:12am On Feb 26, 2018
So in a normal Nigerian setting , Was the Boss expecting him to tell him that he's going for an interview ?

Isn't that out of place ?

He did the normal thing 98% of all of ya also do, he was just unfortunate/fortunate (that could be his stepping stone) !!!!
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 26, 2018
Quelle:

This is really funny, what a coincidence. Nigerian man meets his boss at job interview he attended after taking sick leave at work.

According to him, not only did he meet his boss at the interview; he was also among the panelist interviewing them.

He wrote in his tweet;
"I was scheduled for an interview today, so I called my boss yesterday informing him I wasn’t feeling fine & that I would love to visit the clinic. He advised I go for proper checkup & he gave me 2 days off; I was shocked when I saw him among panelist interviewing us this morning!"

https://gistrealm.com/man-meets-his-boss-at-job-interview-he-attended-after-taking-a-sick-leave/

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

His boss should understand.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Paschy88(m): 9:16am On Feb 26, 2018
sirusX:
See gobe! shocked

Hahahaha. The 2nd question sha
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by hassinho707(m): 9:19am On Feb 26, 2018
Shukusheka:
And where is it a crime for sick people to go for interviews?
If you are not a practicing lawyer, go and study law. your talent lie there. grin
Shukusheka:
If you are not a practicing lawyer, go and study law. your talent lie there.

1 Like

Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Reference(m): 9:22am On Feb 26, 2018
Happens a lot more than people think especially in professional circles and in government/private sector interfaces where the boss is moonlighting. That is why it is important to constantly create value, then you can decide without resorting to lies. 'Boss, there is an opening that I want to attend' and then send shivers down his spine when he sees you there.

1 Like

Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Reference(m): 9:25am On Feb 26, 2018
Talkingboy:
So in a normal Nigerian setting , Was the Boss expecting him to tell him that he's going for an interview ?

Isn't that out of place ?

He did the normal thing 98% of all of ya also do, he was just unfortunate/fortunate (that could be his stepping stone) !!!!

Yes, tell your boss you are going for an interview and would require unpaid leave. He owns your services, he doesn't own you nor your prospects. If you see yourself as a slave, you are. If you see yourself as a partner then feel free. Afterall to be the boss he would have juggled jobs also.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by zinaunreal(m): 9:28am On Feb 26, 2018
Village people again
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by hypnotic(m): 9:33am On Feb 26, 2018
See Gobe
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Talkingboy: 9:44am On Feb 26, 2018
Reference:

Yes, tell your boss you are going for an interview and would require unpaid leave. He owns your services, he doesn't own you nor your prospects. If you see yourself as a slave, you are. If you see yourself as a partner then feel free. Afterall to be the boss he would have juggled jobs also.

T[b]ell your Boss you're going for interview and you think he will take u serious afterwards ?

O.Y.O lewa sir[/b]

1 Like

Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by VictorRomanov: 9:47am On Feb 26, 2018
Shukusheka:

And who says it's a crime? Did you by any chance see the word 'crime' either expressly or by implication in the story?
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Dafreeguy(m): 9:56am On Feb 26, 2018
Shukusheka:
How is he dishonest? He can claim his illness only merely coincided with the time of the interview, at least that is what I would do. grin

Who in his right sense wud believe ur story?
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by greatcrown: 10:14am On Feb 26, 2018
Normal things!

If Oga too come for side hustle nothing spoils.

Everyone understands the game.

It happened to one of my colleagues some years back and both were happy evermore. The boss even encouraged him when he noticed my colleague was jittery.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Bota: 10:53am On Feb 26, 2018
OOPs ..aawwkk..waarddd
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Bota: 10:57am On Feb 26, 2018
I suspect the boss already saw his name on the list of interviewees - he would have gotten the CVs and supporting documents ahead of the interview as a panel member. So when he gave him the days off, he already knew grin
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by sirusX(m): 11:49am On Feb 26, 2018
Udoks:
But how does one ask for permission to attend an interview without lying? I am asking for someone �
It’s seems impossible, but what do I know ...in a way it’s showing dissatisfaction with your current workplace and giving them the room to assume that you wouldn’t put your best foot forward in your duties going forward

My best advise would be to utilize leave days, after all you wouldn’t be questioned on what you do with your leave

1 Like

Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by ndiboy01(m): 11:54am On Feb 26, 2018
Lawd av messi
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by newslifeop: 12:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
Oh
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by papatopiredo(m): 1:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kumashi2:
U said it almost all...

My points...
1. There is nothing wrong in going for another interview while u r stil working with a company (as long as u are not in any bond agreement with ur comp). Also if u have swap from one company to another, u must have done this (lied) b4.
I was given 2days sick leave in my previous company and I used d 2days off to attend another medical examination of another company. And I resigned from my former comp d day my 2days sick leave expired...

2. If d boss can b among d panelists, then it makes it simple for d guy. D question is wat is d boss also doing there? Definitely working for another company too (probably consultant or so)...

sirusX:
See gobe! shocked

It says on your CV that you’re currently employed, why would you want to leave your current workplace?

...bwahahahahah
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by guiddoti: 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
He is already in the hospital waiting for his boss, the doctor. grin grin grin grin

Both will pretend not knowing each other.

Boss asked: In one word, how do you describe you boss in your formal company.? How do you know if someone is lying? If I should ask someone about you what would the person say?

Interviewee: No need replying you. I even lied on my CV. I have lost two jobs, Sir. Help me!
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Psoul(m): 5:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
Kumashi2:
U said it almost all...

My points...

You are just on point my brother.
Re: Man Meets His Boss At Job Interview He Attended After Taking A Sick Leave by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
It's not such a big deal. Bosses know all these things before they permit you. They are also interested in a better future for you. It is no one's fault to be ambitious.
By and large though, he has left his present career fate in his boss' hands. It now depends on the boss' kind of person

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You Kidding Me? Loose Your Braids Or Loose You Job? [photo] / Technical Aid Corps 2012/2014 Recruitment Interview / NDIC Abuja Is Accepting CVs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.