Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur (9718 Views)

A Modern 5 Bedroom Duplex Architectural Design / 5 Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur / 10 Things No One Will Tell You About Being An Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by mantosa(m): 8:24am On Feb 26, 2018
An entrepreneur should be in tune with modern trends in business, being a modern entrepreneur means knowing and following recent practices that drive success in entrepreneurship. A good business person will easily identify trending opportunities and adopt them to suit his/her own business in order to induce growth.

Considering the innovations that are being introduced into major industries as a result of technological advancement, convenience and change in human relation lately, doing business have become more challenging and most entrepreneurs are constantly on their toes to deliver satisfactory result.

The following are four ways to be a modern entrepreneur:

Cease every opportunity to learn

Learning is an activity that continues throughout one’s lifetime, an entrepreneur grows his venture easier and achieve more success if he/she acquires adequate information and utilize them accurately. As clearly stated by one of the world’s great entrepreneurs named Richard Branson the founder of Virgin Group, he said “my biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long university education that I never had – every day I’m learning something new.”

Have digital skills

These days the tech space has made work easier. More persons can be easily reached through social media than the print and electronic media. Digital skills can be of great advantage to an entrepreneur, they help you work better and make task easier and convenient.

Give value

Value controls customer loyalty greatly, when an entrepreneur focus on providing the best value for his/her customers satisfactorily, the business stands a better chance of achieving faster growth.

Build interpersonal relationship

Events and social media have made interpersonal relation easier for modern entrepreneurs. Networking helps connect people of various backgrounds who share common interest(s). Business requires a high level of commitment in genuine and positive relationships.

Source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/four-ways-modern-entrepreneur/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by livebynite: 8:29am On Feb 26, 2018
How does this reduce the cost of Garri? angry

What annoys me is we have so many billionaires in this country !

How many bags of garri do they donate to their states angry
How many garri processing plants has any senator opened for his constituents??

Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by Primusinterpares(m): 1:11pm On Feb 26, 2018
Yahoo boys be filling like entrepreneurs...

3 Likes

Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by bobokeshington: 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
wow
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by HeyCorleone(m): 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
These days they are so many admonitions on becoming an entrepreneur. In fact if you don't have anything doing, you'd look like a failure. Everyone is talking about being self employed.

The question is who would work for you?

I'm not saying the modern entrepreneurship trend is bad o, but people should stop berating those that work under someone.

6 Likes

Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by podosci(m): 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by MrCoker: 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
Nice point..
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by Doerstech(m): 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
Just like I'm at #SMWLagos2018

We all needs to keep learning , Learn more and unlearn

As an entrepreneur you also need a website for your business. One that's optimized for search engine and one that can convert

Aside that you top notch digital skills to be able to pull through at this age.

2 Likes

Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2018
MY KIND OF THREAD.
God bless you for this OP!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by Wealthandjobs: 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2018
It's not *cease.
Thanks for the write up,brilliant.
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
HeyCorleone:
These days they are so many admonitions on becoming an entrepreneur. In fact if you don't have anything doing, you'd look like a failure. Everyone is talking about being self employed.

The question is who would work for you?

I'm not saying the modern entrepreneurship trend is bad o, but people should stop berating those that work under someone.

If you don't dream to end up broke, take a path to entrepreneurship. It doesn't stop you from being an employee. I know a lot of employees who also have side businesses and investments that brings in another stream of income. Being an employee alone is not enough if you must survive and be financially free.
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by OLAFIMIX(f): 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
Walking towards that
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by HeyCorleone(m): 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2018
HenryDion:

If you don't dream to end up broke, take a path to entrepreneurship. It doesn't stop you from being an employee. I know a lot of employees who also have side businesses and investments that brings in another stream of income. Being an employee alone is not enough if you must survive and be financially free.

I totes agree with you.

But the way some of these people make it seem. Like being an employee is a grave sin.
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by Pentools(m): 2:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
In my own opinion speaking from thorough experience being an employee with the structure of our society lately is a total slavery. 90% of employees are just pretending everything is fine funny enough they aren't. I'm a huge advocate of self employment but before u pursue that dream of entrepreneurship,,, garner more knowledge regarding what you are moving into.

99% of our societal employment is nothing but a masked slavery.

We still have rich slaves and broke kings....but a fierce king is never broke...#Chew on that

1 Like

Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2018
Nice one op. More grease. Those that the message is not for will still come and comment, even trying to open the floor for a debate, nawao
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by uncleFola(m): 2:52pm On Feb 26, 2018
God bless you for this op.... I am a typical example of an entrepreneur and what else Can I say than it pays�..... throughout my university days, my mind wasn’t on working Under anyone , all I set my mind on is to work for myself, as I speak I don’t know how to put CV together, after my NYSC I took up my life I place it in my hands to shape and determine what my life will become.... Thanks to God am a young but successful Fashion Designer and a Fashion consultant... cuz I never wait for no one and I know what I want to become is deeply within me.....
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2018
livebynite:
How does this reduce the cost of Garri? angry

What annoys me is we have so many billionaires in this country !

How many bags of garri do they donate to their states angry
How many garri processing plants has any senator opened for his constituents??

Rubbish
I share your anger bro.
I wonder why its difficult for these so called rich people to help their communities without ulterior motives. Its a clear indication that there's no love in the county despite the heavy religious involvement.
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 26, 2018
HeyCorleone:

I totes agree with you.

But the way some of these people make it seem. Like being an employee is a grave sin.
that picture is always painted by Neo life representative. GNLD
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by designVATExcel: 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2018
The 2nd is the most important mehn.
In this digital age, you just gass get digital skills oh.

Also continuous development is very necessary, with the wave of Google, we have too much information sef at our disposal, just freaken too much.
Gone are the days when not having funds to buy books was a limiting factor, now na to select remain. You are only limited by your willingness to want to learn.
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by livebynite: 6:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
princeking2:

I share your anger bro.
I wonder why its difficult for these so called rich people to help their communities without ulterior motives. Its a clear indication that there's no love in the county despite the heavy religious involvement.

Bro forget religion, its just a way to channel the emotions and manipulate the masses... This Government has made me regret calling GEJ a buffoon, though GEJ does remain the king of buffoons but at the end of the day this government has fail
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by adahgold(m): 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
Being an entrepreneur is not the problem who will lend you the money to start that business you want to open, if you ask anybody who claim to be a successful entrepreneur how he made his money what he or she will tell you is that is God ooooo. Did God came down to give to give you money?

1 Like

Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by abdeiz(m): 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
Recessions and Periods of ailing economy are the best time for entrepreneurs to create a lasting business but unfortunately no be by mouth o. Some go in it for the wrong reasons or unprepared, some have the talent and value but dont have focus maybe due to an unstable personal life and external events. Its just soo dammn hard in this damned country.
Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by damzy88: 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2018
Pentools:
In my own opinion speaking from thorough experience being an employee with the structure of our society lately is a total slavery. 90% of employees are just pretending everything is fine funny enough they aren't. I'm a huge advocate of self employment but before u pursue that dream of entrepreneurship,,, garner more knowledge regarding what you are moving into.

99% of our societal employment is nothing but a masked slavery.

We still have rich slaves and broke kings....but a fierce king is never broke...#Chew on that
Deep

1 Like

Re: Four Ways To Be A Modern Entrepreneur by muwafaq4: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
Abeg guys my blog needs your attention. Please patronize me. Here is the link https://topghanamusic.com

(1) (Reply)

Problem of PHCN/NEPA: Price Of Electricity Is Too Low / How To Earn Free Bitcoin And Make Money From It. / Nigeria Ranks 169th Position In The World Bank Ease Of Doing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.