Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,037 members, 7,799,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off - Car Talk (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off (92738 Views)

The Cost Of Tinting Your Car: How Much Does It Cost And How To Not Get Ripped Of / 6 Ways To Avoid Being Ripped Off By Nigerian Mechanics / This 6 Levels Of Autonomous Driving Explains How Cars Are Taking Over From Human (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by oshosegun27(m): 7:40am On Apr 12, 2020
Cars45 should consider stripping cars for parts.

2 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Fentanyl: 7:57am On Apr 12, 2020
the Peugeot "expert" has vomited all over the thread again

2 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by weyreypey: 9:30am On Apr 12, 2020
oshosegun27:
Cars45 should consider stripping cars for parts.
Better

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by FabulousAutos(m): 12:36pm On May 25, 2020
I saw a car at a good price on their website and I contacted them via the link provided in the advert, also left my phone number on the 'contact me' box. Their representative called afterwards and requested for my WhatsApp number which I sent him hoping he would send additional pictures and relevant details as requested but instead, he sent a message telling me that I would need to make a 10% refundable deposit before I'd be allowed to come for inspection. I became suspicious, wondered if it was a scammer trying to play smart. Wasn't comfortable with making deposit for a vehicle that I am yet to see even though he assured me that the money is refundable so I decided to look up the company (Car45) and that search eventually brought me here. Not really comfortable with what I'm reading here so I'll simply pass.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Oktane: 6:38pm On May 25, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Then they should sell at ' junk figures'....... Why attempt to sell junk at showroom prices?.....

....Because they have a showroom.

I am really fascinated with the brouhaha this thread has generated.

Cars45 is a business set up to maximise profits.
The main advantage they have us that you can get cash almost immediately when hard pressed to fulfill an obligation.

I myself have go e there trying to sell a car. My experience was terrible. I however did a little research and found out that they are not doing anything wrong legally. Their moral ranking could be quite low but then they are operating within the confines of the law.

We are even lucky that they don't charge us before assessing the car. In other climes they would actually charge for registering you as a vendor, appraising the car before paying for the car. And believe me, even with this they would still thrive.

What we should look forward to is that one very discontented customer will forge a partnership that will compete with these guys and give them a run for their money. But no one seems to think in that direction. Pls note that they have funding to even expand further and my eventually become the biggest 'go to' car merchants in Naija.

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Lexusgs430: 6:52pm On May 25, 2020
Oktane:

....Because they have a showroom.

I am really fascinated with the brouhaha this thread has generated.

Cars45 is a business set up to maximise profits.
The main advantage they have us that you can get cash almost immediately when hard pressed to fulfill an obligation.

I myself have go e there trying to sell a car. My experience was terrible. I however did a little research and found out that they are not doing anything wrong legally. Their moral ranking could be quite low but then they are operating within the confines of the law.

We are even lucky that they don't charge us before assessing the car. In other climes they would actually charge for registering you as a vendor, appraising the car before paying for the car. And believe me, even with this they would still thrive.

What we should look forward to is that one very discontented customer will forge a partnership that will compete with these guys and give them a run for their money. But no one seems to think in that direction. Pls note that they have funding to even expand further and my eventually become the biggest 'go to' car merchants in Naija.

But in other climes, consumer protection is legally backed and enforced.........

This thread serves as a warning call to prospective buyers....... If you read and still buy from them, you have no right to complain afterwards........

Test driving is an important part of buying a second hand vehicle............

3 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Oktane: 7:03pm On May 25, 2020
Lexusgs430:

But in other climes, consumer protection is legally backed and enforced.........

This thread serves as a warning call to prospective buyers....... If you read and still buy from them, you have no right to complain afterwards........

Test driving is an important part of buying a second hand vehicle............

Bros! I understand you clearly. I am appraising this matter from a strictly legalistic standpoint. These guys cannot be faulted legally.

In their showroom caveats are clearly posted to warn you off but majority of us don't see that or prefer not to look at those posters.

Many people have benefitted from this same set-up. Many people in desperate need for cash within 24 hours are better off with this model. The truth is that you are never forced to part with your car. An assessment (no matter how biased) is carried out, the results are presented to you, a bidding (supposedly independent) is done and then a price is presented to you as the value of the car.

Either of two choices stare at you clearly.

1. Take a walk.

2. Deal ( and let the tears flow later).

Whichever option you choose the guys will continue in business.

Finally, I may not like their model, but I can live with it since it doesn't give them a gun or a knife.

They provide employment, provide in one for their varied and many franchisees, pay taxes and grow our GDP ultimately not to talk of the benefits they bring to desperate Asset Strippers (car sellers) in terms of their instant cash provision.

2 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by helpishere(m): 6:44pm On May 26, 2020
Oktane:

Bros! I understand you clearly. I am appraising this matter from a strictly legalistic standpoint. These guys cannot be faulted legally.

In their showroom caveats are clearly posted to warn you off but majority of us don't see that or prefer not to look at those posters.

Many people have benefitted from this same set-up. Many people in desperate need for cash within 24 hours are better off with this model. The truth is that you are never forced to part with your car. An assessment (no matter how biased) is carried out, the results are presented to you, a bidding (supposedly independent) is done and then a price is presented to you as the value of the car.

Either of two choices stare at you clearly.

1. Take a walk.

2. Deal ( and let the tears flow later).

Whichever option you choose the guys will continue in business.

Finally, I may not like their model, but I can live with it since it doesn't give them a gun or a knife.

They provide employment, provide in one for their varied and many franchisees, pay taxes and grow our GDP ultimately not to talk of the benefits they bring to desperate Asset Strippers (car sellers) in terms of their instant cash provision.

Well done for your legal analysis. This thread is being fuelled by those who were dislodged by the arrival of cars 45. The opposition to this idea has waned but we should encourage them not to buy junk 9ja used cars.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by purespikes: 7:04am On Jun 05, 2020
Cars45. Hmmmn
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by FEGEITOK: 8:34am On Jun 05, 2020
purespikes:
Cars45. Hmmmn

Spill it brother
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by xheyii: 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
So from 1.6 to 650...oh boy
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by walter315(m): 6:04am On Sep 17, 2020
Good day,

We are creating a group for Lagos based Fleet Managers on the Telegram app. The purpose of the group is basically to leverage on each other's resources; like knowledge of the business, contacts of good mechanics and body shops, help each other with driver recruitment needs (rental or HP), car sale deals. etc but most importantly promote improvement, fairness, and share ideas...

By this act, we are multiplying our strengths so much so that even a newcomer in business won't have trouble starting because its a forum where he or she can ask questions...There is always an advantage in teamwork over working alone or in a smaller team. so if you are interested, chat me up on telegram so I can add you..

have a great day

ps, the group is on the telegram app, if you don't have it you can download.

#entrepreneurs
#logistics
#taxi
#nigeria
#
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Hauptmann: 9:51am On Sep 17, 2020
helpishere:

Well done for your legal analysis. This thread is being fuelled by those who were dislodged by the arrival of cars 45. The opposition to this idea has waned but we should encourage them not to buy junk 9ja used cars.

Fire on the mountain?

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by dannybrasky(m): 9:58am On Sep 17, 2020
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by dannybrasky(m): 9:59am On Sep 17, 2020
Hauptmann:

Fire on the mountain?
Long overdue grin
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by ogyunging(m): 7:29am On Sep 18, 2020
NL casting no be here oo. Justice prevails at some point. Na public outcry lead to am.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by weyreypey: 8:39am On Sep 18, 2020
dannybrasky:

Long overdue grin
No. Covid19 effects should not be used as excuse for sack.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by dannybrasky(m): 10:30am On Sep 18, 2020
weyreypey:

No. Covid19 effects should not be used as excuse for sack.
Agreed!!
Staffs who are pioneers in a more competent company fell to the same covid axe ,I don't expect less from cars 45.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by DMechy: 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2021

Cars45. A business with intent to defraud,and is into fraudulent activities.

Like diportivo said, they are an open book, no sane person should buy cars from them. Sell? Yes, but buy. DONT.

Anyone with base knowledge of how fraudulent activities are being perpetrated will in 5 minutes just know.

The Red Flags.

1. All those bodly written inscriptions of bringing your mechanic to check, gives them out as big fraud.

Let me explain why.

They sell a narrative of doing detailed inspection on vehicles, and give you a report. You can rely on their report and make an informed decision.

That's is the catch. So if they have a report, and have inspected, inspected by professionals, why should I bring a mechanic?

I will tell you why. So they can say we told you to. And be off the hook for selling you junk.

Their Report.

Full of shit, half-truths and lies.

Half-truth equals lie.

E.g. They give a report on transmission.

Leakage present, will need service.

Truth: Transmission is actually gone,will need replacement or rebuild.

Is it leaking? Yes

Does it need just service? No..

So if you check their report, seeing the obvious will make you want to trust them, them, but don't fall for it.

To butress this point on the inscription as premeditated intent to defraud. I will tell a story.

3 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by DMechy: 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2021
Eldoroda Aba. A scammers Haven

For those that know El Dorado, along Aba owerri road, Aba, you will figure it is one of the place in Aba.

Never a dull moment there, the place comes to life from 4pm, with fun lovers thronging in and out. And on Saturdays, it is fun non stop. Sunday's are not left out, from 12pm when church closes, you see church goers coming to do the final grace with bottles of chilled beer.

The crowd gives a perfect culture for fraudsters, and a big catch ground. And they have a clique, well organized and ready to defraud just about anyone, expecially if you seem like new and trying to figure out the place.

The criminals are strategically located at almost every corner, they spread their net, and it is quite a coverage so that a loosed guard target or Ose wont be missed.

The head quarters of their sinister act is the assumed club house. Just right ahead from the main gate. You will naturally want to go to the bar, than strolling to the club with assumptions you will pay a enyry fee. Well you eventually will if you are simple and unsuspecting.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by DMechy: 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
....... You get to pay.. I could bet my balls, the management of Eldorado are aware of the fraud and fraudsters at their facility.

I had gone one Sunday with friends to just go chill. It wasn't my first time, Eldorado had been like an everyday stop after a long day at work, the good thing is, I am always with friends. So we will get a table at the bar and just chill. If you are alone, you are a prime target. Some person, well dressed will just come to your table and tell you about one jumbo business, before you know some other guy comes and join on the table and is like, argh my oga, thank you o. That thing legit. They just put you in the loop.

But that's not the gist.

This particular Sunday, unlike other days, we went to the Club house..

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by DMechy: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
There's a section in the club for games.

Table Tennis
Snooker
I think one other game I can't recall.

On the walls are plastered

No gambling

Signed by management

Then another

No betting

Signed by management

And one other disclaimer by the same fraudulent management like Cars45..

Like Eldorado club house, the inscriptions are not for you, it is to get them off the hook.

Who goes to a car lot to go read inscriptions, well only the suspicious and one with no internet to buy.

And why will you want to buy a car from a dealer you are suspicious of.

They know the reports they are giving you is with a lot of miss-information. They have a pre-meditation to defraud you. And of course put a disclaimer.

At Eldorado game spot at their club. Everyone you see there except you are likely scammers.

Same with a bus you enter, where you see inscriptions like, check your pockets, pickpockets are around.

The story in the fraud at Eldorado is another story, maybe for a thread.

How it relates to Cars45 is the modus of operandi of a scam organization or clique. They are out to swindle.

The inscriptions at Cars45 with disclaimers to bring your mechanic is not for you. It is for those that have already been defrauded, not for customers. Or rather defrauded customers.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Dannye10: 10:39am On Jan 19, 2021
Have you been scammed online before. You can retrieve your funds from scammers. I found these suggestions helpful you can check them out
http://detonnot.com/6RMr
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by ayboye: 11:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
Cars45 is extremely dubious. People need to understand that the company is not really there to 'help' people sell their cars. They will tell you all the reasons why your car is a scrap and why you should be ready to settle for less but I don't blame them, they are here to make money like everyone so everyone should be guided. Cars45 is not an angel, they are here to make money and they will squeeze every dime from you as much as possible.

I took a car for inspection in their office and I was disappointed. I was just nodding at everything the guy was saying and acted like a novice. Made up my mind to not drop the car, no matter what. They said the best price I could get for a clean 2003 Pontiac Vibe was 500k and even with that, I should be lucky. I left there and put the car on Jiji and buyers flooded in with their mechanics for thorough inspection and I finally sold it for 1M.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Gold Customized Mercedes Benz In Kaduna - Photos / What Does Tpms Mean In Honda Accord? / First Driverless Car In Nigeria In Lagos Today (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.