Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. (1362 Views)

Chibok Girls Abduction: The Letter That Implicated Borno State Governor / Osibanjo Could Be The Reason For Dabchi Abduction. / Oil Block Revocation By President Buhari Causes Controversies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by mekaboy(m): 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2018
I sympathize with the families of the abducted girls and the girls themselves. I hope they are released soon.

But I think there are some critical points we have to look into. I am just thinking aloud.

I think it's important that we Nigerians begin to look critically at the root of this matter.

When somebody's car starts burning in countries like America, most times their reaction is not as extreme as it is when an Average Nigerians car is burning. The difference is that they in US have active insurance and are sure the company can handle the damage . Even if it means replacing a car.

But the average Nigerian will shout, scream pour water, pour sand, use branches from trees and everything at their disposal to quench the fire. This is because we have a different insurance system here, so the damage is our responsibility.

When Bokoharam began in the North, they treated it like an American with insurance will react to his burning car. Some said an attack on them was an attack on the North, some resisted all attempts to call them terrorists.

Then again, I took a look at Nigeria and how much we have spent as a nation since the emergence of Bokoharam . I ask myself, which other part of Nigeria has cost Nigeria something close to what we have spent in the crisis region in terms of human life, property and finances.

And if any region has done the same, what is the contribution to the national purse?

If Nigeria was restructured, and the insurgency was to be tackled from the purse of the state government or Northern regional government, I am not sure it would have gotten to the level it is today.

Part of the resources committed to this fight would have been used for the development of other regions .

But today, every other region will be starved of infrastructure because of the current structure.

I also ask myself, which terror group in the southern part of Nigeria have lasted beyond a year? I remember when "Osisi ka Nkwu" and his group terrorized the east. Soldiers were deployed and in less than a month, they became history.

Why then have Nigeria fought insurgency in the North for years and it has not ended? Could it be that someone or some people in the region are benefiting from a situation that is milking the nation?

Since the APC government took over, the always make bold claims that Bokoharam has been.Defeated. each time such claims are made public, it's only a matter of days before the groups attacks.

So I wonder why they keep making such public claims? Is it a deliberate attempt to get the sect to act?

I recall that I read somewhere during GEJ administration, that president Buhari was named as A negotiator for Bokoharam. He also was among the Northern elders that said an attack on the sect was an attack on the North.

Today, we need $1 billion to fight the same group that appointed him to negotiate. The group he once defended.

Since the military did not rescue the chibok girls, I am sure they were released based on Negotiations. What we should ask ourselves is who, what,why,where and when.

Who led the negotiations?

Why could they negotiate now that Buhari is in power and not GEJ?

Where was the negotiations done?

What are the terms of the negotiations?

When was the negotiation?

These questions should arise especially now that almost all the security Agencies are headed from people from the North.

Bokoharam would not just release chibok girls for free, so what were they given in exchange?

I read somewhere that Nigeria paid millions of euros as ransom for their release. After which I also read in many occasions that some detained bokoharam members have been released.

So I wonder how this cycle works.

They attack=> we fight=> they abduct=> we pay=> we release members=> they attack again and the cycle continues.

So when will this end? How long will our collective resources be used to maintain this cycle?

INTRESTING THINGS TO CONSIDER ABOUT NORTHERN NIGERIA.

They have ruled the nation the most.

The admission cutoffs are reduced for their sake.

They started this insurgency

They are abducted

They are ruling this Nation

They negotiate the release

They are in charge of almost all security Agencies

When they lost elections, they killed innocent Nigerians

Majority of killings in Nigeria today are either by bokoharam or herdsmen. They are all from the North.

The National independent electoral commission (INEC) will have to register underaged voters to give them advantage over the rest of the country.

They own 80% of oil blocks.

They are against a restructured Nigeria

With underage voters, they will always win in elections

So how long should this structure remain?

How long will this structure remain?

How long will other regions suffer the consequences of the actions and inaction of the North?

North Korea is doing fine. South Korea is doing fine.

Imagine If the South had to be sanctioned because of the decisions of North Korea?

Tinubu, Tunde bakare convinced us from the South that this structure would change if they are voted in. Today, nothing has changed.

I really sympathize with the innocent girls who are caught up in this game of supremacy of the North, but how long will the resources from one side be channeled to the other side ?

Is this insurgency and abduction now a new found oil block in the North?

I read that the SGF from the North, awarded himself the contract sum of 200 million to cut grass in the North for IDPs in the North, caused by insurgency in the North.

Should Southern Nigeria start threatening INEC to register underage voters to match the numbers in the North?

Should the South start to abduct their own children to negotiate for ransom from the government too?

How long ? How Long ? How long?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2018
It's depressing really... It's the new Cash cow or rather oil block like you have said.

If insurgency goes beyond 24hrs, the govt is involved - Abacha.
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by FarahAideed: 5:38pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ofcourse it the me cash cow and the new yoke used to slow down the overall growth of Nigeria I tell you .... They used it to deliberately bankrupt the Jonathan govt along with Obama's refusal to buy our oil then and APCs refusal to allow Jonathn remove subsidy...Jonathan was really a great leader it's now I know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2018
It's appalling. Support is the simple reason these guys have not been defeated. Some persons in the military, the government and oversea are interested in the continuity of this war. I doubt the northern elders don't know anything about the whole thing. One day the true story behind Boko Haram, the Chibok saga and this one will be revealed.

Why don't we have conscious hackers and guys who expose our government? I mean high level investigative exposers of truth with the skills and wealth of Julio Asange and Edward Snowden. What about someone in the military, a truth seeker whose fed up with the mess to expose the shi't going on? What about our investigative journalists?
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by mekaboy(m): 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
It's appalling. Support is the simple reason these guys have not been defeated. Some persons in the military, the government and oversea are interested in the continuity of this war. I doubt the northern elders don't know anything about the whole thing. One day the true story behind Boko Haram, the Chibok saga and this one will be revealed.

Why don't we have conscious hackers and guys who expose our government? I mean high level investigative exposers of truth with the skills and wealth of Julio Asange and Edward Snowden. What about someone in the military, a truth seeker whose fed up with the mess to expose the shi't going on? What about our investigative journalists?

As long as the current structure remains, even if you expose them, nothing will happen. Even the man accused of the 200 million grasscutting contracts asked who is the presidency?

Has anything happened to him?

We can't all fail as a nation. If one part decides that their advancement in technology is about making bombs and blowing themselves, others can channel theirs to more beneficial web and mobile applications.

We can't wait our resources drained in the name of insurgency. We can read about what happens in Northern Nigeria like the people of South Korea will read about North Korea.

It does not have to affect our development.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2018
mekaboy:

As long as the current structure remains, even if you expose them, nothing will happen. Even the man accused of the 200 million grasscutting contracts asked who is the presidency?

Has anything happened to him?

We can't all fail as a nation. If one part decides that their advancement in technology is about making bombs and blowing themselves, others can channel theirs to more beneficial web and mobile applications.

We can't wait our resources drained in the name of insurgency. We can read about what happens in Northern Nigeria like the people of South Korea will read about North Korea.

It does not have to affect our development.
That's true but the people who ought change the structure are too engrossed in a systemic self preserving policy to show nationalism. The system favours them too much and a collapse will hit them the most. Ironically, they have the power to make things happen.

But...will a change a structure stop us from murdering each other or those that fall within our new structure? Or do we all have to go back to our respective states to avoid the effect of the new system or live peacefully? I mean, will restructuring stop the killing of people like Mrs Bridget?
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by mekaboy(m): 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
That's true but the people who ought change the structure are too engrossed in a systemic self preserving policy to show nationalism. The system favours them too much and a collapse will hit them the most. Ironically, they have the power to make things happen.

But...will a change a structure stop us from murdering each other or those that fall within our new structure? Or do we all have to go back to our respective states to avoid the effect of the new system or live peacefully? I mean, will restructuring stop the killing of people like Mrs Bridget?

Restructuring ensures that we don't all fail together. We can get security right in one part of the country. And.If you move to that part you know that the environment does not support violence and extremism.

Not a situation where the failure of the head in Abuja affects everything about the security in every region and state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by SweetJoystick(m): 9:21am On Feb 27, 2018
Salient questions. Until the south sees that the north is an impediment to growth and development, Nigeria would remain the same. This should be on front page not BBN thrash gracing it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by gurunlocker: 9:37am On Feb 27, 2018
God bless the op.. I love it when someone think out of the box. I also do ask myself, what special thing did this government do in the fighting against terrorism that GEJ didn't do? If not that be was sabotaged?

I love those questions you listed up there...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by SweetJoystick(m): 1:31pm On Feb 27, 2018
mekaboy:
I sympathize with the families of the abducted girls and the girls themselves. I hope they are released soon.

But I think there are some critical points we have to look into. I am just thinking aloud.

I think it's important that we Nigerians begin to look critically at the root of this matter.

When somebody's car starts burning in countries like America, most times their reaction is not as extreme as it is when an Average Nigerians car is burning. The difference is that they in US have active insurance and are sure the company can handle the damage . Even if it means replacing a car.

But the average Nigerian will shout, scream pour water, pour sand, use branches from trees and everything at their disposal to quench the fire. This is because we have a different insurance system here, so the damage is our responsibility.

When Bokoharam began in the North, they treated it like an American with insurance will react to his burning car. Some said an attack on them was an attack on the North, some resisted all attempts to call them terrorists.

Then again, I took a look at Nigeria and how much we have spent as a nation since the emergence of Bokoharam . I ask myself, which other part of Nigeria has cost Nigeria something close to what we have spent in the crisis region in terms of human life, property and finances.

And if any region has done the same, what is the contribution to the national purse?

If Nigeria was restructured, and the insurgency was to be tackled from the purse of the state government or Northern regional government, I am not sure it would have gotten to the level it is today.

Part of the resources committed to this fight would have been used for the development of other regions .

But today, every other region will be starved of infrastructure because of the current structure.

I also ask myself, which terror group in the southern part of Nigeria have lasted beyond a year? I remember when "Osisi ka Nkwu" and his group terrorized the east. Soldiers were deployed and in less than a month, they became history.

Why then have Nigeria fought insurgency in the North for years and it has not ended? Could it be that someone or some people in the region are benefiting from a situation that is milking the nation?

Since the APC government took over, the always make bold claims that Bokoharam has been.Defeated. each time such claims are made public, it's only a matter of days before the groups attacks.

So I wonder why they keep making such public claims? Is it a deliberate attempt to get the sect to act?

I recall that I read somewhere during GEJ administration, that president Buhari was named as A negotiator for Bokoharam. He also was among the Northern elders that said an attack on the sect was an attack on the North.

Today, we need $1 billion to fight the same group that appointed him to negotiate. The group he once defended.

Since the military did not rescue the chibok girls, I am sure they were released based on Negotiations. What we should ask ourselves is who, what,why,where and when.

Who led the negotiations?

Why could they negotiate now that Buhari is in power and not GEJ?

Where was the negotiations done?

What are the terms of the negotiations?

When was the negotiation?

These questions should arise especially now that almost all the security Agencies are headed from people from the North.

Bokoharam would not just release chibok girls for free, so what were they given in exchange?

I read somewhere that Nigeria paid millions of euros as ransom for their release. After which I also read in many occasions that some detained bokoharam members have been released.

So I wonder how this cycle works.

They attack=> we fight=> they abduct=> we pay=> we release members=> they attack again and the cycle continues.

So when will this end? How long will our collective resources be used to maintain this cycle?

INTRESTING THINGS TO CONSIDER ABOUT NORTHERN NIGERIA.

They have ruled the nation the most.

The admission cutoffs are reduced for their sake.

They started this insurgency

They are abducted

They are ruling this Nation

They negotiate the release

They are in charge of almost all security Agencies

When they lost elections, they killed innocent Nigerians

Majority of killings in Nigeria today are either by bokoharam or herdsmen. They are all from the North.

The National independent electoral commission (INEC) will have to register underaged voters to give them advantage over the rest of the country.

They own 80% of oil blocks.

They are against a restructured Nigeria

With underage voters, they will always win in elections

So how long should this structure remain?

How long will this structure remain?

How long will other regions suffer the consequences of the actions and inaction of the North?

North Korea is doing fine. South Korea is doing fine.

Imagine If the South had to be sanctioned because of the decisions of North Korea?

Tinubu, Tunde bakare convinced us from the South that this structure would change if they are voted in. Today, nothing has changed.

I really sympathize with the innocent girls who are caught up in this game of supremacy of the North, but how long will the resources from one side be channeled to the other side ?

Is this insurgency and abduction now a new found oil block in the North?

I read that the SGF from the North, awarded himself the contract sum of 200 million to cut grass in the North for IDPs in the North, caused by insurgency in the North.

Should Southern Nigeria start threatening INEC to register underage voters to match the numbers in the North?

Should the South start to abduct their own children to negotiate for ransom from the government too?

How long ? How Long ? How long?

Permission to share?
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by mekaboy(m): 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
SweetJoystick:

Permission to share?

Granted.
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by mekaboy(m): 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by mekaboy(m): 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2018
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by mekaboy(m): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
Excellent post. The message here is not new to any Nigerian with common sense.
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by chichar1(f): 6:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
bravo op!!!!!!!!! turns up to you there!!!!!
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:20pm On Mar 07, 2018
mekaboy:

Restructuring ensures that we don't all fail together. We can get security right in one part of the country. And.If you move to that part you know that the environment does not support violence and extremism.

Not a situation where the failure of the head in Abuja affects everything about the security in every region and state.
In essence restructuring will not save Nigeria but rather intellectually and morally demarcate it.
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by mekaboy(m): 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
In essence restructuring will not save Nigeria but rather intellectually and morally demarcate it.

It will save the part of Nigeria that wants to develop. And leave the part that believe in violence and terrorism to reap the fruit.

1 Like

Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:05am On Mar 08, 2018
mekaboy:

It will save the part of Nigeria that wants to develop. And leave the part that believe in violence and terrorism to reap the fruit.
Then the country is broken and if yes, isn't it just better to split the country like Malaysia and Singapore, Eritrea and Ethiopia or even like India, Pakistan and Bangladesh?
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by mekaboy(m): 10:20pm On Mar 12, 2018
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by mekaboy(m): 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Then the country is broken and if yes, isn't it just better to split the country like Malaysia and Singapore, Eritrea and Ethiopia or even like India, Pakistan and Bangladesh?

Restructuring is the first step to that.

1 Like

Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:35pm On Mar 12, 2018
mekaboy:

Restructuring is the first step to that.
But restructuring separates rather than join, regional system or resource control, that is. If the north restructures and implements sharia all over their region, how then do we have peace?
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by mekaboy(m): 11:51pm On Mar 12, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
But restructuring separates rather than join, regional system or resource control, that is. If the north restructures and implements sharia all over their region, how then do we have peace?

We don't have peace now. They want states to be forced to create colony, while bokoharam is on the other side.

Freedom of worship and movement will still be part of the constitution and enforced at the federal level. But resource and administration of it will be at the state and regional level.

States maintain the federal and not federal maintaining states.
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:42pm On Mar 13, 2018
mekaboy:

We don't have peace now. They want states to be forced to create colony, while bokoharam is on the other side.

Freedom of worship and movement will still be part of the constitution and enforced at the federal level. But resource and administration of it will be at the state and regional level.

States maintain the federal and not federal maintaining states.
I agree. Aren't we then better apart? Why should we stay together if we are different and some of us are against liberal logical ideas? What do you think? Is business more important than peace?
Re: Dabchi Abduction, The New Oil Block. by mekaboy(m): 10:40am On Mar 21, 2018
I heard the girls have been returned, thank GOD. Does the North still need oil when this channel is available to drain the nation's resources?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NIA Dimisses Former DG, Duadu / Breaking News: Pictures From The Attack On National Assembly / Wike Cries Out: FG Has Arranged With A Lebanese To Frame Me On Illegal Arms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.