Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

bmw vs other - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / bmw vs other (819 Views)

Mercedes Vs BMW Vs Audi: Which Of These Car Brands Is GENERALLY Most Reliable / Sharp X5 BMW 3.0i Tokunbo "04 #2.65M 08096577304 SOLD / BMW PROFESSIONAL MECHANIC At Ladipo Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

bmw vs other by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2018
Good day all,please I need good and practical advice from car experts in th house..

am about buying a ride, a bmw x6 xdrive to be precise buh I keep hearing hearsay about how bad the car is and that the parts are expensive and hard to get.

am stocked btw getting a lexus rx (newer model cos I dislike the older model front grill), venza (looks like a coffin to me,its not portable)

and the are too many benz owner in the family so thats not an option and I really dont fancy them except the GLE 450 coupe whc is way out of my budget.

so please am confused here,help a car freak out here
Re: bmw vs other by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
jade14:
Good day all,please I need good and practical advice from car experts in th house..

am about buying a ride, a bmw x6 xdrive to be precise buh I keep hearing hearsay about how bad the car is and that the parts are expensive and hard to get.

am stocked btw getting a lexus rx (newer model cos I dislike the older model front grill), venza (looks like a coffin to me,its not portable)

and the are too many benz owner in the family so thats not an option and I really dont fancy them except the GLE 450 coupe whc is way out of my budget.

so please am confused here,help a car freak out here
Congrats in advance Bro, just make your research well as to where to find a nice mechanic and do the recommended repair and services when due. There is no car that is 100 percent perfect, buy what you love and take care of it

1 Like

Re: bmw vs other by polimaf(m): 12:17am On Feb 27, 2018
Absolutely, buy what you love and take care of it... But huy efficient vehicle. Let the gurus in the house provide better answer to this question pls
Re: bmw vs other by bravolad(m): 5:59am On Feb 27, 2018
Although u didn't state whether your preference is the diesel or petrol powered x6 u intend to purchase. I see nothing wrong with the vehicle except the poor quality of diesel here in Nigeria will most likely affect its usage if you are buying the diesel version.

We also have poor quality fuel which is a major challenge for most modern cars in Nigeria. Any of the x6 models comes with a turbo charged inline 6 with solid handling. There's also the 4.4l v8 with 445hp that could trump your adrenaline.

The only negatives I see is the poor rear visibility occasioned by the shape & size of the side mirrors & the tiny cargo hold if you have got a family. Bear in mind that spare parts won't come cheap & maintenance will be a premium.

Venza just an elevated camry. The x6 can easily anihilate any of the RX models.

2 Likes

Re: bmw vs other by diportivo: 6:29am On Feb 27, 2018
bravolad:
Although u didn't state whether your preference is the diesel or petrol powered x6 u intend to purchase. I see nothing wrong with the vehicle except the poor quality of diesel here in Nigeria will most likely affect its usage if you are buying the diesel version.

We also have poor quality fuel which is a major challenge for most modern cars in Nigeria. Any of the x6 models comes with a turbo charged inline 6 with solid handling. There's also the 4.4l v8 with 445hp that could trump your adrenaline.

The only negatives I see is the poor rear visibility occasioned by the shape & size of the side mirrors & the tiny cargo hold if you have got a family. Bear in mind that spare parts won't come cheap & maintenance will be a premium.

3 Likes

Re: bmw vs other by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
Diced:

Congrats in advance Bro, just make your research well as to where to find a nice mechanic and do the recommended repair and services when due. There is no car that is 100 percent perfect, buy what you love and take care of it

noted...thanks
Re: bmw vs other by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 27, 2018
bravolad:

its a petrol v6...thanks for your input and noted

(1) (Reply)

Tokunbo 2008 Camry Pimped To 2011 / Just Cleared, 012 Mercedes ML 350, 013 Lexus RX 350, 04 Toyota Camry XLE. / Toks 2008 Acura Mdx SH-AWD @ 4.5m(negotiable) sold! sold!! sold!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.