Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? (61494 Views)

What Are The Issues Associated With Obtaining A Drivers License In Nigeria? / FRSC Sets Deadline For Number Plates Violation, Drivers License / How much does it cost to renew car papers in your state - 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by Fundamentalist: 10:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Just renewed (re issuance ) mine for 5 years @ #10,450 . I got it after 2 weeks. My license was due to expire in June 2020 after i did renewal in 2017 . February this year, I was flagged down by FRSC and was asked to produce my license. That's how the oga just pocketed it and went back to his car. He said I disobeyed the rules ,(i had my belts on and strapped) hence I would be fined . I told him to write the ticket. I went to pay the ticket but I was told they couldn't trace the guys. Luckily for me I still had the temporary one. At the office they asked why I'm asking for re issuance I told them the last got lost (I couldn't find it ). I just did avidavit (#500) and paid #10,450 for re issuance and two weeks later I was called to collect it. Since then, I only attach a photocopy to my particulars , if they move away with It in the name of verification, I would just zoom off and get another copy. Its better to have an issues with the police than FRSC officers. The policeman will demand for money without shame as its in their DNA while the FRSC guys will waste your time (aveargely 2hrs )and still demand for huge bribe stylishly.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by larrypourl(m): 12:17am On Sep 17, 2019
Fundamentalist:
Just renewed (re issuance ) mine for 5 years @ #10,450 . I got it after 2 weeks. My license was due to expire in June 2020 after i did renewal in 2017 . February this year, I was flagged down by FRSC and was asked to produce my license. That's how the oga just pocketed it and went back to his car. He said I disobeyed the rules ,(i had my belts on and strapped) hence I would be fined . I told him to write the ticket. I went to pay the ticket but I was told they couldn't trace the guys. Luckily for me I still had the temporary one. At the office they asked why I'm asking for re issuance I told them the last got lost (I couldn't find it ). I just did avidavit (#500) and paid #10,450 for re issuance and two weeks later I was called to collect it. Since then, I only attach a photocopy to my particulars , if they move away with It in the name of verification, I would just zoom off and get another copy. Its better to have an issues with the police than FRSC officers. The policeman will demand for money without shame as its in their DNA while the FRSC guys will waste your time (aveargely 2hrs )and still demand for huge bribe stylishly.

Furnish us with details how you got it done at that price. Mine would expire Oct 1st and I want to process it myself. Please provide the website where you also filled the form. Thanks.
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by TheStarsAlign: 11:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
Fundamentalist:

Good one, pls which state are you in/did it?
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 01, 2019
Bro is it possible to get it same day of payment. Or at least 3 days later. I can’t wait for a whole 1week to get a drivers license. When my stay is only one month
tillaman:
I got mine 36k last December valid for 5 years and it took just 10 days, buh normally if you can be patient for say 3-4 months you can get it for 24k buh u still have to pass through some tests. Depends on how soon you need it
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by tillaman(m): 7:48am On Oct 01, 2019
Tooka666:
Bro is it possible to get it same day of payment. Or at least 3 days later. I can’t wait for a whole 1week to get a drivers license. When my stay is only one month
i know it’s possible to get Intl passport the same day, I can’t say of DL but this Is Nigeria and anything is possible, if you can spend the cash I guess you should be able to get it the same day!!!
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
ok thanks
tillaman:
i know it’s possible to get Intl passport the same day, I can’t say of DL but this Is Nigeria and anything is possible, if you can spend the cash I guess you should be able to get it the same day!!!
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by emmaelectelect(m): 4:25pm On May 16, 2020
bibe:
I have successfully renewed my license twice for #6350.
Basically the charge is #6000 for 3 years license and #10000 for 5 years license, with additional #350 bank charge in both cases. Renewed first time in Abuja and second time in Abakaliki.

You can actually do this yourself totally by going online, filling the form in their website, making payment at the bank and proceeding to their office with the forms for further processing. If you opted for recapturing, then you'll be recaptured at their office. However, ensure you know your road signs as you'll be tested by VIO office. If you don't pass this test you'll be charged some amount I think it is #1500 and you'll be issued with a CD and a small pamphlet containing road signs and their meaning and will be rescheduled for the test. You'll be issued with a temporary license and will receive an SMS to come collect your licence when it is ready (usually within 60-90 days).

The problem is people always resort to hearsay and are always in a haste and that's why the get ripped off. Please stop encouraging the rot in the system and use the official channels to get your licence.

PS: I also got my first passport the same way. Didn't pay any extra money, went to their website, filled the form, paid the fee and went to the immigration office.

Cheers.
once your not in a hurry things fall in line
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
kuss:
I went to do drovers licence at ikeja license office at old secretariat on Thursday
After paying the official 6k online the people at the license office insisted i pay additional two thousand five hundred before my form could be signed
The funniest thing is that the 2k5 was not receipted
Even the people at vio office collected 1500 to for the test that is suppose to be free
The only people that are clean in that secretariat na are the road safty
They do capturing for you without collecting a dame from u
Thank God i was able to do capturing and collected temporal drivers licence same day
so from ikorodu na only Ikeja I fit do the license... ? Can I get the license if I pass through driving school cos I don't know how to drive yet??...
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
bibe:
I have successfully renewed my license twice for #6350.
Basically the charge is #6000 for 3 years license and #10000 for 5 years license, with additional #350 bank charge in both cases. Renewed first time in Abuja and second time in Abakaliki.

You can actually do this yourself totally by going online, filling the form in their website, making payment at the bank and proceeding to their office with the forms for further processing. If you opted for recapturing, then you'll be recaptured at their office. However, ensure you know your road signs as you'll be tested by VIO office. If you don't pass this test you'll be charged some amount I think it is #1500 and you'll be issued with a CD and a small pamphlet containing road signs and their meaning and will be rescheduled for the test. You'll be issued with a temporary license and will receive an SMS to come collect your licence when it is ready (usually within 60-90 days).

The problem is people always resort to hearsay and are always in a haste and that's why the get ripped off. Please stop encouraging the rot in the system and use the official channels to get your licence.

PS: I also got my first passport the same way. Didn't pay any extra money, went to their website, filled the form, paid the fee and went to the immigration office.

Cheers.
the FRSC office is at Ikeja right... That's the only place one can do the license right..
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by bibe(m): 12:50am On Sep 15, 2020
OGHENAOGIE:
the FRSC office is at Ikeja right... That's the only place one can do the license right..

I'm not sure about their Lagos office locations, but you can Google it or find out through their website. You can also ring the number on their website for more info or reach out to their Twitter handle.
(Usually when you use the renewal portal via their website and get to the post where it'll request for capture center, it'll show you the centers based on the state you're residing in)
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by zizzley(m): 10:39am On Dec 11, 2020
I've been waiting for my driver's certificate from a school n they've been telling me they're portal is down, is the any truth in that?
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by Dododawa01: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2021
How much is driver license renewal for 5 years with this increment in Lagos State
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by chesun: 11:37am On Jun 16, 2022
Join this Facebook group to talk with an agent that helped me....he has a support group for it

https://www./650598002828309/?ref=share
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by gistcity(m): 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
The current cost of Driver's License in Nigeria

https://www.korentprice.com/cost-of-drivers-license-in-nigeria/
Re: How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? by Look4success: 6:10am On Mar 31
Please, what is the current price of getting drivers license now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) / Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission / The Parking Lot At The American University Of Dubai! (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.