Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,242 members, 7,780,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:18 PM

American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) (77039 Views)

Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / FG Patches Potholes On Sagamu-Ore Axis Of The Lagos-Benin Expressway / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by bayocanny: 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2018
Pharaoh001:
I still prefer it 100% than Nigeria... fvckin Country!
Plantain girl
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by manny4life(m): 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
Abogwara:

There are worse roads in Chicago, Cleveland, Washington DC, New Orleans and several other cities. No place is perfect. In Nigeria it is used in playing politics.

Did you read my post well? I said there are potholes in NY, BUT not as big as this. Did you say DC? I lived in the DC Metro area for several years, where in DC have you seen worse roads like this? As rugged as SE DC is, their roads don't have no portholes let alone as big as this.. Say the truth and put the devil to shame...
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by Raylight2(m): 10:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
kweke ooo! is this America?
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by DSDLIVEREPORT: 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2018
We all have issues. The West Media bias against Africa and Africans has brought us this far
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by dollyptosh(m): 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2018
Holluwaphlexy:
still living in a pot hole filled new yirk city is still more economical to living in a smooth road filled area here in !!ria
�� grin una stubborn
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
Yes, we do have certain areas where infrastructure is lacking.

I chose to not believe that this is mainland USA.
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by brojoshua: 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
We can compare ourselves with those people in most things. So look for another thing to say
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by Pharaoh001(f): 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
bayocanny:
Plantain girl
you again??

Butcher!
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 28, 2018
With all the world's oil and mineral money shocked
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by akigbemaru: 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
autojosh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dANaPzeC-k

Is this Ladipo market in Lagos? Nope. It's New York in USA according to Twitter user @Burmese_Tyga 

He posted the video online saying "Lemme show you guys the America they don't show you on TV. He said the street is located in New York City.

He also posted another video with beautiful skyscrapers saying that's the America you see on TV as seen in the last photo. 

Have you ever seen this type of road in USA? Whether on TV or in person? Tell us in the comment section. 

https://autojosh.com/man-shows-american-street-filled-potholes-dont-see-tv/

Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by taurusdude0(m): 11:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
Originalsly:
Somewhere in America.... New York.... Queens precisely....... he is making it up as he goes along. Queens... a borough of NYC. Streets in NYC .... have you ever seen a pic of a street in NYC with no side walk?...or cars not parked neatly along the curb? ... or cars not being driven in lanes?.... or shacks instead of neat rows of buildings ? All present in this.
Potholes... you wouldn't find such potholes in NYC because of how the streets are built. Almost always.... entirely concrete...or concrete at the bottom and asphalt on top. When a pot hole forms... and they do this time of year.... Naija pot holes can't compete! They are not very big as in the pic... they are small.... can be deep...but the side sides are steep and solid... no easing in and out... if you hit a deep one...like I did..m immediate blow out.... I needed a wheel change.... tire finished... rim damaged beyond repair... standard iron rims. NYC ?... every driver biggest fear....potholes... they pop up anytime...any where... but....there are crews that go around at nights filling them. You can even call 311 and report a pothole.... they'll get to it. Why?..the city is responsible for maintenance of the streets. ..and should your car be damaged...then the city can be liable.

Wow one create of Heineken for u and some rounds with NWANYIAWKAETITI. grin

1 Like

Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by Adefemiaderoju1: 11:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
Nigeria portholes is incomparable
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by maasoap(m): 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2018
MurphyTheory99:
Every other citizens protects the image of their countries. In Africa we show all sort of smelling and dilapidated images to the world. Call our country "zoo" or "shithole".
It's worrisome and tiresome. It's shameful.

2 Likes

Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by naturefellow(m): 11:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
Originalsly:
Somewhere in America.... New York.... Queens precisely....... he is making it up as he goes along. Queens... a borough of NYC. Streets in NYC .... have you ever seen a pic of a street in NYC with no side walk?...or cars not parked neatly along the curb? ... or cars not being driven in lanes?.... or shacks instead of neat rows of buildings ? All present in this.
Potholes... you wouldn't find such potholes in NYC because of how the streets are built. Almost always.... entirely concrete...or concrete at the bottom and asphalt on top. When a pot hole forms... and they do this time of year.... Naija pot holes can't compete! They are not very big as in the pic... they are small.... can be deep...but the side sides are steep and solid... no easing in and out... if you hit a deep one...like I did..m immediate blow out.... I needed a wheel change.... tire finished... rim damaged beyond repair... standard iron rims. NYC ?... every driver biggest fear....potholes... they pop up anytime...any where... but....there are crews that go around at nights filling them. You can even call 311 and report a pothole.... they'll get to it. Why?..the city is responsible for maintenance of the streets. ..and should your car be damaged...then the city can be liable.
bros, abeg Na laptop you dey use comment for here?
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by grandstar(m): 12:42am On Mar 01, 2018
heendrix:
if you study or investigate properly you'd find out it's either Nigeria or African filled area so expect nothing else

It is your that type that travel to Libya and then now start praying to go home.

B
For your info, Nigerians are regarded as one of the the top 10 immigrants communities doing well in the USA.

queen's anyway is a poor part of New York City and has lots of hardworking immigrants that help regenerate New York suburbs
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by Opoki(m): 1:04am On Mar 01, 2018
Queens is the most undeveloped city in NY if not the whole of America, I can't say if some part of Detroit is as worst a Queens though but guess what, they still have 4g,electricity and a running water.

1 Like

Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by Opoki(m): 1:10am On Mar 01, 2018
maasoap:

It's worrisome and tiresome. It's shameful.

We advertise bad news, we trend evil, you'll pay Instablog and other blogsit to carry good news about you and they won't even give it their attention, God forbid, let the news be a bad news. It will spread like wild fire.
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by timesup234: 1:14am On Mar 01, 2018
The United States of America is one overhyped shiithole
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by akmath: 1:51am On Mar 01, 2018
I know that place na, that's Lagos street in New York.
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by lesson44: 1:58am On Mar 01, 2018
The video is true but very misleading. That is why he made it short clip.
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by ifymadu: 2:09am On Mar 01, 2018
I doubt the authenticity of this video, I live in the US and have never seen anything close to this before.

2 Likes

Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by centboy123456(m): 3:21am On Mar 01, 2018
ELgordo:
Ovoko! Where I dey no bad road oh!

bros anything for us tins hard for this way abeg anything at all
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by Nobody: 3:23am On Mar 01, 2018
Shaev7:

Bros you talk well
Thank you ��....that guy no no anything he for come naija he go know say that one no be pothole na just street design.����

1 Like

Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by centboy123456(m): 3:25am On Mar 01, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

At least light dey!
I'm typing this in heat and darkness.
embarassed

abi oh my guy the heat too much for here
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by nwoke37: 3:50am On Mar 01, 2018
Moorish:

But America had to build their nation from scratch

It used to be bad too. They had corruption too. They fought a civil war just like us.

Let us Build our own and be proud of our ancestry.

How did America tackle its corruption?
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by slightlyMad(f): 4:17am On Mar 01, 2018
That is not America, that is made up.
You can't get that anywhere in america
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by edi287: 4:26am On Mar 01, 2018
That's the Iron Triangle. It's like a mechanic village.

The place will be going through major development very soon. NYCFC wanted to build a stadium around that zone.
In the next 18 months or so, it'll have changed
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by RaptorX: 4:37am On Mar 01, 2018
ifymadu:
I doubt the authenticity of this video, I live in the US and have never seen anything close to this before.
It's actually in Queens NY, but it's a freaking junk yard where people go to scavenge for parts for their cars. I know that place very well and nobody lives there. Whoever posted this trash needs to get their heads examined trying to draw a non existent parallel.
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 01, 2018
manny4life:

Did you read my post well? I said there are potholes in NY, BUT not as big as this. Did you say DC? I lived in the DC Metro area for several years, where in DC have you seen worse roads like this? As rugged as SE DC is, their roads don't have no portholes let alone as big as this.. Say the truth and put the devil to shame...
I was just about going to ask him that. Even the worst roads in Baltimore is nothing close to the road in the video.
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by bayocanny: 6:29am On Mar 01, 2018
Pharaoh001:

you again??

Butcher!
Me again?..how do you mean?
Re: American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video) by revolt(m): 6:49am On Mar 01, 2018
I rmba wen I left JFK airport on my say to grey hound station ( ppl wey dey visit Yankee go know), I'd just come from the UK n I was so disappointed . the roads had super span but men....it felt like driving on third mainland as compared to UK's motorway and France. . then I realised the US just had better opportunities for immigrants. Europe is simply cleaner, mor sane.
Michigan has no public utilities. ...oh I forgot. Its 90% black.US is over hyped

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is What A Nigerian Visa Looks Like (PHOTO) / Nigerian Lady Assaulted At Warere Beach Hotel In Zanzibar, Tanzania / Inside Abakaliki Street Awka, Renamed Club Zone, That's Causing Uproar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.