Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Story, Love Happens By Laura - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story, Love Happens By Laura (22609 Views)

When Love Happens / TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) / Revenge (kismet) Short Story By Laura Oreva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 5:43am On Mar 31, 2018
Chapter 28

He needed to focus, hell yeah, he really needed to. But he just couldn't, Katie had been on his mind since and right now as he was about to defend her case, all he could think of was what on earth he had done to Katie. Tony waited patiently in the court for the judge to arrive. Katie had been strict towards him lately, she hardly looked into his eyes and when they talked, she was always in a hurry to end the conversation, she was cold and he couldn't help but think she had found out about his challenge with Fred. Only that could explain her behaviour. How he wished she could see through his heart and know that all that was a facade. He wanted her, he loved her. But how could she possibly find out about the challenge? Fred couldn't have told her since he would lose her forever if he did. But an idea occured to him, they thought they were cousins now, and now that Fred told him they weren't, it would be a big chance for Fred, so he wouldn't even dare tell her, unless he wanted to lose the challenge which to Tony, was impossible. He would talk to her about this later, right now, he needed to concentrate because the one thing that would make her happy, is when Wayne went to jail.
The whole court stood up as the judge entered. The proceedings began. Wayne was brought out and his lawyer, the same Mr Godwin came out to defend him. "Your honour, my client here has been accused of a crime he didn't commit, based on some evidence that could otherwise have been faked, we can't just base our judgement on that, I say that we look into this well before reaching a conclusion." He said and went to sit. Tony stood up abruptly and smiled, he was going to win for Katie. "Oh wow, bravo, now its faked? But when you brought a video clip against my client, it wasn't faked. Your honour, the case of Mr Godwin here is that he doesn't face the point but is only concerned about what benefits him but My Lord, I am facing the real fact now and videos can't lie, it is obviously not a modern video and it goes way back. I request that the court not let someone this dangerous loose, it will be endangering the lives of young girls out there because for him to have sexually harassed his own cousin, so much more one who isn't related to him." Tony said and went to sit.
Godwin stood up to defend himself. "Oh Mr Tony, do you really think the court will be fooled by all these things you made up? Since the properties can't be given to your client anymore, she decided to make the children of Mrs Georgina here to suffer the consequences, I refuse not to believe that due to the effects of Miss Katie's condition, she isn't in her right mind to think. I mean look at this, there are no witnesses apart from the victim herself and there is nothing else to prove their point. Your honour, this is just a waste of time and I request that this case be closed immediately." Godwin said and the jury seemed to be in agreement with him, even the judge was looking at Tony as if to say, 'he is right though'. But Tony wouldn't let that touch him.
"You said there are no witnesses? Oh, guess you were so sure about that. You are not that smart after all. Your honour, I have witnesses. During the time of the assault, the family was living together. As we all know, Linda Jefferson, who Mrs Georgina put the care of her children in her hands knew everything and Georgina's own second son, Frank Jefferson will testify to it. Can Miss Linda please be called to the witness box?" Tony smiled wickedly at the look of shock on both Helena and Georgina's face. They could never have thought their own son and brother would testify against them. Well, not all siblings are the same and Frank was a good example.
Linda swore and introduced herself at the request of Tony. " Miss Linda, did you know about the sexual assault of Katie by Wayne?" She nodded. "You brought Wayne up right? Do you think he can do something like this and what were the things you observed about him?" Tony asked. "I trained him right from small. Wayne used to be a good child but since his brother left him for the boarding school, he sought to make everyone else suffer for it. I was only a nanny and Georgina warned not to beat any of her kids so I couldn't stop him from becoming what he is. I only found out about the assault when Katie told me and truly, I caught him doing that. I reported to Georgina but she warned me not to interfere in their matters. Katie took me as her aunt and I wanted to perform my duty, but all I could do was buy a camera for her to record the situation as an evidence, I intend to take it to court after that but Katie had already ran away from home by then." Linda narrated and the whole court went mute. Tony smiled and faced Godwin, "The witness is yours." Godwin stood up to question her. "Miss Linda or Mrs, are you married?" She shook her head. "Any kids?" Same gesture was made. "So you dedicated your own life to taking care of Mrs Georgina's children. Wonderful. Since you have never experienced the joy of motherhood and don't know how it feels to have a child, how can you say boldly that you trained the child and know his behaviour when you are not his mother?" Tony didn't like the point he was aiming at and it might cause the Jury to think she was just lying, but he just kept quiet, just like Linda. Godwin was good, yeah he was, but Tony wouldn't be defeated either. "Miss Linda, why didn't you report to the police when the incident happened instead of Mrs Georgina? The police could have helped you." He asked. "Mrs Georgina hired me, and I should tell her first since it was involving her kid, its our rule. Besides, she threatened me not to tell anyone." Linda snapped scornfully. "Oh common, the threat was more important than the little girl's dignity? Your honour, this is a faked story and she made everything up, I wonder why neighbours never heard of anything concerning this, because it never happened, that's all My Lord." He said and went to sit. The next witness was called to the box.
"How close are you to your brother?" Tony asked after the necessary formalities have been attended to. "Extremely close, we were very close and that's the reason he was sad I went to boarding school without him since we couldn't afford money for both of us. We shared secrets with each other and were always together." Frank said. "Oh, I see. So did he also share with you anything about the assault?" Tony asked. "At first he did, he said he wanted to have fun, I warned him against it and talked him out of it, at least I thought I did, not until I was home on holiday and I found out he went on with his fun anyways, I was mad, with our own cousin as a matter of fact. But as an elder brother, he beat me up too and warned me to keep quiet about it. I wasn't always around, I just came back one day to find out Katie ran away from the house, that's all." Frank said confidently and Tony admired his use of words, in a way that no one could question his testimony. "This is all we need Your honour. We have the video clip and witnesses, what else are we looking for to prove that this man is a big time rapist? On the table is the pictures Katie took of her bruises after each assault, she was a smart girl and I request that this offense shouldn't be go unpunished. If it does, many other rapists like him out there would feel at ease with the thought that they can buy their way out of every rape and it shouldn't be so. That's all Your honour." Tony concluded and went to his seat. Godwin shook his head when asked if he had any questions for the witness. Tony smiled and waited.
The court went on break for an hour, after which the verdict would be passed, they all waited patiently for it.
Full story?
Click this link
https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%?
http://www.donsimonii.com/p/story.html?
Click the link above to see other stories available on the blog

2 Likes

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 8:04am On Apr 02, 2018
Chapter 29

Chapter 29
Georgina paced forth and back impatiently. How did all this happen? They hadn't prepared for anything like this and she never lost. How come she was defeated brutally and her son had to go to jail?. "Mum just calm down and be patient, we should think of what to do to get him out." Helena's voice echoed in the room even when Georgina's heels were making noise over the strong tiles on the floor. How could she be calm when her son had just been sent to jail? The verdict wasn't in their favour at all. "Oh goodness, and that stupid boy, he couldn't even defend himself when he was called upon. Fools, I can't believe I gave birth to fools as my children. Frank, can you just imagine, he testified against his own mother. You all are fools." Georgina barked. Helena was already sobbing. "Mum please stop, there is nothing he could have done under that circumstance." She cried. But Georgina would not listen, she never listened to her children, not ever. "And now he has stained my reputation, you all have stained my reputation. The lady whose son brought about her other son going to jail. Its gonna affect my business, oh goodness." Georgina continued, asking a nearby servant to give her a glass of wine and sending her away afterwards.
"Its all you care about, its all you ever cared about. You aren't even worried about your son who is in jail and what he might be going through in there. All you are concerned about is your properties and freaking business, do you even feel a thing for any of us?" Helena barked, already in tears. That got Georgina's attention and she stopped to look at her daughter. "Oh now, you are raising your voice at your own mother? Without me, who are you? Without me, you would have been begging on the streets for daily bread. And you dare talk about business? This mansion you are standing in was from that sane freaking business, those expensive diamond earrings were gotten from it, you would have been wearing rags if not for this business. Did your down to earth father leave anything apart from misfortune when he died?" Georgina screamed at Helena, clearly frustrated. "You are impossible mum." Helena screamed back and ran into her room. Georgina ignored her and sat down quietly to think everything through. Its been a while since she had gotten this frustrated. And Katie, who did she think she was? She was smiling victoriously when the verdict stated that Wayne be put behind bars for fifteen years. Now Tony was with her, ignoring the fact that his sister was still with Georgina. That silly girl was even giving them problem, feeding her for over a year now has proved difficult and money draining, she would have to either release or kill her any time soon. Now Frank, her own son. She couldn't help but think he had been brainwashed by that bitchy figure called Linda. He had travelled out, hadn't he? Then how the hell did he hear about this case?
Nothing was going on well, she must admit. She would have to get Wayne out of there as soon as possible. She heard a knock on the door and shouted for the servant to open it before she realized she had sent her away. She reluctantly stood up to open the door, ready to tell the assumed business partner or office worker to go back as she wasn't in the mood to talk business. She was shocked to see who it was.
"Um, Frank it's you?" She move back to make way for him. He walked gracefully into the house and Georgina closed the door. An idea struck her, maybe she could win her son back to her and brainwash him, oh yeah, she couldn't take any chances here. She would do anything possible not to lose. "Were you expecting someone else? Maybe one of those you have hired for your dirty work?" Frank asked her, feeling unmoved and not shaken at all. His face was void of all emotions and one couldn't assume what was on his mind. "Oh no sweetheart, you have been brainwashed by that foolish woman, she has turned you against me and told you bad things, but I promise I haven't done any of those things, please rethink and come back to your mother." Georgina went to touch his face but he moved back, avoiding the touch. He was more matured than she remembered and was strikingly handsome. Was this really her son? He had always been the smartest of all her three children and had always done what he thought was right instead of what she told him, right from when he was a kid. Wayne and Helena had easily succumbed to her wishes and that was one of the reasons she decided to send him to boarding school so as not to influence his siblings. "Wow mum, wow. I'm impressed. Isn't it great? You know me too well mum, I don't get moved by anything you say, you can try something else, can't be fooled like Helena and Wayne. You can never change mum and I can't stop wondering if you were cursed to be doing evil." Frank said. "Won't you offer me a sit?" He added and sat down before she even offered. "Frank what exactly are you doing here and what do you want?" Georgina demanded. A part of her was scared of her son, he might ruin her plans, but another part of her refused to give in to her fear. She hadn't had her revenge on her sisters and their families yet, it was her life mission and she had lived all her life waiting for the right moment to ruin them all the same way they ruined her and took all of her wealth. That adopted bitch that called herself her sister who had taken the biggest share of her wealth and willed it to her foolish daughter Katie had paid for her own deeds by going to her early grave with her husband, it was all her hand work. But that wasn't enough, her twin sister, Sweet Venessa would still pay for taking the remaining little part of her wealth leaving her with nothing. Yes, she wasn't dead, how could she kill her only blood sister? But yes, she was going to run mad when Georgina was through with her, she would. And Georgina wasn't gonna let anyone come in her way, including Fred, Frank and Tony.
"Nothing much, its been long I saw my mum, I was missing her so I decided to stop by, don't you miss me too mum?" Frank grinned softly. "Oh common please, just go straight to the point and tell me what you want." She was getting impatient now. "As you say." He stood up. "I just wanna inform you that I know all of your secrets mum, all of it. And what I said at the court was just to implicate Wayne, I decided to hide many things, because I still care about you mum." He laughed loudly. He was mocking her, he was testing her patience. "But forget that. I followed you mum. That night that you took your sister, the night you kidnapped her. Katie hadn't come to our house then. Remember you came to visit and were in a hurry to travel back to wherever you always went, leaving us with the 'nanny'. I was young and I didn't want you to leave me. Got at the back of your car and followed you. I took pictures with my phone when I found out what you were doing with those men to your sister. All what you said and did, I also took videos. I am smart remember? I was the only one who you couldn't brainwash. I just wanna tell you that I know where you are hiding Fredrick's mother, your own twin sister, and I have evidence that could ruin you." Frank said and sat down back with a smile on his face. Georgina was sweating now, she was shaking and shivering. He knew all this while and never said anything? Was that why he chose to go with Linda overseas? Oh gosh, she was in deep trouble. "Oh and yes, I also know what you did to Katie and her family, but never mind all that, they shouldn't bother you, besides, I heard the city Jail is pleasant nowadays." He concluded and stood up. "Wait." Georgina could hardly speak well. "What do you want? Just tell me, in exchange for all of that." It was all she was left to do, to bargain with her son, if not, she would be ruined. "Now you are talking, all I want in exchange of everything is Jenny, Tony's sister."

Full story?
Click this link

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 9:53am On Apr 03, 2018
Chapter 30

"You think this would work? Did it even affect her at all? I know her, that woman is immune to threats." Katie's statement was followed by silence. Everyone was quiet though present there. Yeah, Katie was sure they all knew the kind of woman she was. Moments later, Frank stood up to touch her shoulders. "She was moved, I know it. She was sweating all through and I know she will release Jenny soon, you have nothing to worry about. I know her and she has been my mother for years, trust me, no one knows her better than me." Frank said. Linda stood up to meet Katie also. "You don't have to worry darling, we will get Jenny back." She said. Katie felt drawn to her just like a mother to a daughter, she was the closest thing she had as a mother after her biological mother died. "Trust me, Georgina isn't as strong as she seems, she has her own weakness. Something she doesn't joke with is her reputation which will in turn affect her business. Wayne's arrest will cause a spark and will greatly affect her business, she wouldn't wanna allow any other case that will expose her to get out, so trust me, we got her trapped." Frank smiled wickedly, obviously satisfied with their plan. Frank was like a Godsend to them, he didn't have any evidence against Georgina and he had made everything up, they just hoped she believed.
"Frank do you perhaps have any idea where Georgina is keeping my mother?" That was the first time Fred talked, Katie noticed he looked worried since Frank said he followed Georgina to her hideout when he was young and saw Fred's mother being kept there. Katie had been ignoring him since and she always took her stand, never to be shaken whenever he was present. Luckily she didn't feel hurt anymore and the pain healed faster than she expected. She wasn't in love with him anymore but something about her changed, nothing was the same with her anymore since Fred told her it had all been a plan and Tony had been involved. Tony was sitted there with them and was looking lost. She was different and now she made sure nothing affected her anymore but she noticed something, she wasn't happy, that was the thing that was amiss, she was lonely and not being able to feel anything anymore affected her badly. But that was for a short while, soon everything would be perfect and her life would be back to normal, she would finish her house and get back to work, maybe it was the leave she took from work that made her vulnerable. Now it occurred to her that she still had a report to give concerning Georgina, she had been so caught up in all of this that she had almost forgotten, she would call her office and give them feedback for now, she would make sure she ruined Georgina, starting with her business which was the most important thing to her.
"Right now Fredrick I dunno where she is being kept, but I really followed her that night and found out what she was hiding, it wasn't until recently I knew she was your mother in one of my researches, I was so young I didn't pay much attention to that. But wait a minute, you said you went to the hideout your father stated and saw some used plates with the prints of your mother, that could be a lead, I am an investigator, just leave that to me, when we get Jenny, it would be very easy to track your mother down, just make sure everything that happens is being recorded for proof, Tony is a lawyer, we got everything we need." Frank assured Fred. "I think we should all get some rest and wait till Georgina made up her mind. Lunch will be ready in a moment." Linda said. "I will show you things in the kitchen." Fred offered and went in with Linda. "Wanna go visit a friend and find out some things, will be back in a jiffy." Frank told Katie and patting her on her shoulders, said. "Everything will be okay." And left. She was tired of hearing that statement, nothing was gonna be okay, nothing. It was the same thing her mother said the night she had a dream just a day before they died about them leaving her and never coming back. Everything will be okay, but nothing was okay as they left her unexpectedly. Linda had also said the same thing when she was posing as her aunt the day she came to take her away, but her life turned worse after that. Even Fred had said the same thing when they embarked on this challenging journey with Georgina, but right now, things were far from being okay. Katie turned slowly to go to her room. "Katie...." Tony's voice stopped her abruptly. "Any problem?" She asked as she turned to look at him slowly, he hadn't spoken since. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I will be when we've got Jenny back." She replied flatly. "No, that's not the okay I meant." Katie knew what he meant but decided to pretend she didn't know. "Which okay did you mean then?" She asked, he sighed.
"Is everything okay between us? What happened to you and why did you change towards me all of a sudden?" He poured out, he had clearly been thinking about it but Katie didn't give a damn, he had used her to play game with Fred and he deserved more than a cold treatment from her. Katie clapped her hand slowly and noiselessly. "Game over Tony, it's game over. Fred called it quits already and no one won the challenge between you two because your partner in the game just spilled the beans." She smiled painfully, talking about it now hurt her, she was better off pretending nothing happened. "What....what are you talking about, I...I just..." He was cut short by the sudden entrance of Frank into the house. "She sent a letter, call everyone Katie, Georgina already decided and sent a letter." Frank said. Maybe caught off guard too by the sudden noise, Fred and Linda came outside. "What was written in the letter?" Fred asked. "She said she has accepted the deal and we should meet at the woods behind Top hills." Frank answered. "Do you think that's where she is hiding my mother too?" Fred cut in. "I doubt it Fredrick, if it were to be their hideout, it wouldn't be their rendezvous. I have been in this for long, people like that don't meet with their dealers at the place of their operation, trust me, we will find her soon. We should come up with a plan immediately in case things don't go well with the main deal." Frank took charge of everything now because he was an expert at these things which made Fred look kind of left out, well, served him right, he always wanted to be the one in charge of things.
They came up with a perfect plan and gathered everyone in different places, ready to get Jenny back and by his Grace expose Georgina with some recordings as evidence, they had the perfect plan, they hoped it worked. "Set?" Frank asked when it was time, late in the night. Katie nodded, she was sure others were in their respective locations, they set to move.

Full story?
Click this link

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 11:03am On Apr 04, 2018
Chapter 31

Fred waited patiently on a tree which covered his body and kept it from being seen by anybody. He was close to the place the deal was to be taking place and that was where he was assigned to be, to watch for them in case anything was amiss and to serve as a back up in case anything went wrong. The agreed time was 8pm and this was just fifteen minutes to. He hated being assigned a work and not to be the one assigning. He never took orders from anyone, not ever, but this situation required it and he had no option but to do as Frank said. While waiting for the right time and feeling the breeze performing wonders on him, he let his mind wander to his meeting with his father just about an hour ago. He had made Cameron a promise to bring his wife back and he intended on fulfilling it. He wanted to make his father happy at all cost and only his long lost wife could do that. Instead of enjoying old age, he was there, paralized and helpless, having no hope of ever getting back to normal. Fred couldn't help but wonder that if not for the love he had for his wife, he would have been up and standing. Which brought him to his hatred of love, and of course, Katie. He should have been over this, things had ended already between them and he had shattered all the connections and attractions they had between them, but it just felt like he had ended his own self, he wasn't complete and he slept and woke up everyday with a guilt conscience on his shoulders, he felt he had betrayed someone, but that was what he wanted, so why was it so hard to accept it? He changed position on the tree again and felt more comfortable this time. The main reason he always avoided women in the first place, they proved to be a great stress and trouble and he just wished he could just forget her. He would, oh sure he would, he would travel out with his father and mother after he got her back and they would spend a great deal of time together as one happy family, he couldn't help but dream about wonderful moments with the people he cared about, excluding Katie.
Just then he saw an illumination from within the woods, it was from a bright touch coming from a house he hadn't noticed before, far away. He looked at his watch and saw that it was 8pm already. His head jerked up and he watched closely as footsteps approached the exchanging spot. They were huge men in big boots and masks marching towards the centre of the woods. Fred saw a car parked at the far end of the woods and two people walked slowly from it to the centre where the other party were going to. He assumed they were Frank and Katie. The plan was that Frank and Katie would be at the front making the deal with Georgina and hopefully, they would bring Jenny along with them. Fred would be on the tree overseeing all that was going on as he was doing right now and directing them through a connecting earpiece which they all had. Tony and some hired men were the back up plan. When Georgina found out they had no evidence against her, she might wanna take Jenny back and there, Tony and the men would emerge from the back and take Jenny before they could make a move. The mistake they were making, Fred thought, was not bringing the police along. Fred had told Frank and insisted on calling them just in case nothing went along with any of their plans but Frank had said they could do it alone. Well, he called the shots so everyone agreed. He just prayed nothing went wrong. But something was amiss right now, something was wrong and he couldn't figure it out. Both parties approached slowly, or was it because of another car that stopped suddenly behing the party which was meant to be Georgina's. It couldn't be Tony and the men, they were meant to come when something went wrong and Fred called for back up, so who were they?
Fred's attention shifted from the dealers to the car that came from behind, strangely, none of the parties noticed any car. Fred watched keenly as two men got out of the car and held a lady forcefully out of it, pushing her slowly towards the building where Georgina's party came out from. Could that be Jenny? Why were they taking her inside there? Wasn't she supposed to be with the dealers? His gaze went fast back to Georgina and co and now he saw clearly that it was only Georgina and two men that approached Frank and Katie, no other hostage was there. Maybe they just brought Jenny from their hideout, he remembered what Frank said about the difference between hideout and rendezvous. He would have been calm with the thought that it was Jenny and she had been brought for the deal, but suddenly, the Lady's scarf fell off her face and it wasn't a lady after all but a woman, a middle aged woman and not just any woman, his own mother!! He shifted forward on the tree to have a closer look, hell, it was his mother, looking so much like Georgina, he recognised her. His heart started beating fast, faster than ever. All thoughts of where they were and why they were there vanished from his head and the only thing on his mind was to get off the tree and save his mom. Finally he found her and he wasn't going to let her go. He was meant to stay on the tree till the operation was over to avoid being sighted but now, he went against the rule and went down as fast as he could noiselessly from the tree and hideously through the darkness of the woods towards the men that held his mother hostage. Trying to avoid gaining attention from the dealers made him really slow and his mother had been taken into the old and crumpy building. He traced his way slowly into the building. He started checking everywhere trying to find out where they went until he heard some noise from the upper part of the building and he ran there. He stopped short at the door of a room and was restless. He saw his mother, tied with rope and a cloth was used to cover her mouth. Tears ran down from his eyes, he found her, God, he finally found his mother. His dreams were going to come true, he was gonna take her home to his father and everything would finally be okay, tears of joy filled his eyes, how much his mother had aged since the past years. Though being Georgina's twin, she looked way older with thin lines all over her face, lines of distress, he wondered how she had survived all these years. Well, she was a strong woman, the very best.
"Mom!" He whispered and entered inside to meet her. But she didn't look happy to see him, instead, her eyes were alarmed, and she was waving her tied up hands to tell him something was wrong. Her mouth was tied so she couldn't talk. Truly, Fred noticed what he had not noticed before while being caught up in his dreams again. The men that brought her there were no where to be found, where were they? They couldn't leave their hostage unguarded if everything was okay. He ran to his mom and untied her mouth to hear what she had to say. "Son...son...." She was gasping for breath. "Mom what's the problem?" Fred asked slowly, untying all the ropes. "Go... Go, go far away....from here son.. Go." She said. "I am not leaving here without you mom." He stopped after he was done and faced her, smiling widely. "You don't understand.. Its. Its a...trap." Fred's eyes shot up immediately she said that and just at the moment, someone came to join them in the room, Fred took out his gun and pointed it at the person, thankful for the first time that Frank insisted he held a gun. Fred was expecting it to be one of those men but no, it was a lady with a mask around her face looking lost and disturbed, could that be Jenny? Fred wondered thoroughly before marvelling at his luck. He hadn't seen her before, it should be her. "Jenny." He called. She looked at him, it must be her. He helped his mom up, wondering what she meant by 'trap', and was about holding Jenny's hand when she suddenly pulled back. "What the Bleep are you doing? We have to get out now before anyone sees us." Fred told her but she seemed not to have heard. Was she deaf and dumb? Tony didn't say anything about his sister being disabled. Well, no time to ponder, he dragged her forcefully with one hand just as a light flashed at them twice. It took some seconds before he realized it was from a camera and pictures of them were being taken. "Who is there?" He called out. Moments later, he heard someone clap hands as he or she approached them. He waited anxiously for the person's face to show through the entrance door. It turned out to be a 'she', not just any 'she', it was Georgina.
He stood still for a moment. What was she doing here? Wasn't she supposed to be with Frank and Katie? His mind had totally left what they were here for, all he knew right then was that they were in trouble. Well, maybe Georgina had come back to get Jenny. "Nice one hun, that was nice of you......Helena." Georgina's voice echoed. Helena? Where was Helena? He turned back to see Jenny, being the person Georgina was referring to and it turned out not to be Jenny after all but Helena. Her mask has fallen and her face showed clearly. He was doomed, it was really a trap.

Full story?
Click this link

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 9:10am On Apr 06, 2018
Chapter 32

Katie and Frank trolled behind the men slowly with their hands over their heads. She prayed slowly that nothing went wrong and no one got hurt. Her eyes went to Frank beside her, he was trying to get a hold on Fred who was meant to be on the tree, through their earpiece. It was surprising how he hadn't even called for back up since he was meant to have seen that they had been compromised. The back up plan was meant to be undertaken by now but it wasn't, all thanks to Fred. Where the hell was he? Katie asked herself for the hundreth time. Couldn't he at least do this thing properly? "Back up plan ready, back up plan ready, are you there Fred? It's time." Frank whispered quietly into the earpiece. "It's no use Frank, trust me when I say he is just a badass, we shouldn't have brought him along not to talk of depending on him for our back up plan." Katie whispered to him. They were approaching a building right now, the darkness of the night couldn't hide how old and crumpy it was, she hoped they weren't gonna keep them hostage there. "Georgina found out we had no evidence too soon, how come? I wonder who let our secret out." Frank said. "Probably Fred, considering he is no where to be found." Katie replied flatly. "It can't be him, his mother is on the line too remember?" Frank disagreed but she didn't care, she was indifferent about the innocence of Fred. She still couldn't help but wonder she was doubting him now because of what happened between them. They climbed the stairs of the building and walked towards a door. They got inside and what they saw shocked Katie. Georgina was the first person they saw, then a closer look into the room, they saw Fred, Helena and someone who looked like Georgina. Could it be Fred's mother?. "Son of a bitch!" Frank cursed at the sight of Fred. He was obviously angry. "Why the hell did he leave where he was meant to be?" He asked no one in particular.
There was a laptop and a set of electronics by one side of the room. It was even a miracle that the house had electricity. "Welcome in, welcome in." Georgina smiled as the men ushered them in properly. "Leave us" Helena said to the men. What was she doing here? They hadn't seen her before, and what was Fred doing there? Katie was just too confused at the turn of events. "Watch." Georgina said as she went to the laptop and played something. Katie watched a video of Fred, forcefully dragging Helena while she was trying to get away from him. What was the video for? She watched as realization showed on Frank's face. He had obviously guessed what Georgina was up to. "Woow, isn't this video great? We can easily take it to court and tell the jury that Fredrick here kept Helena hostage for some days before the proceedings of Wayne's case and blackmailed Wayne that he shouldn't defend himself on the case, lest, his sister's life would be in danger. So Wayne willingly accepted to be sent to jail to save his sister. Wayne will be released, and he would be a hero which will boost my business so much as the mother of the man who was willing to go to jail for his sister. Perfect, isn't it just perfect?" Georgina said. Wayne will be released? Katie's heart started to beat faster. How did they get this evidence? What was Fred doing with Helena and why was he forcing her? Katie spat out in disgust. What kind of man was he?. "How about the idea that that Wayne's brother testified against him?." Frank asked scornfully. "Oh, we got that settled too already darling. Some minutes ago while making the deal, you said some things about exchanging someone for evidence, I recorded everything and I will just assume you were making the deal with Fredrick, getting your sister back in exchange for this present evidence we are going to present in court. Luckily, we got Helena back and Fredrick didn't lay his hands on the evidence. It will boost my business too, who wouldn't wanna be partners with the mother of two great sons? Fredrick might go to jail, so what? It would only make his partners come to me, his business will fall greatly, woooow, perfect." Georgina said, still smiling. "And what if I refuse to be a witness to all of that when called upon?" Fred asked. "Then you will be putting Jenny's life on the line, you wouldn't want that now, will you darling?" Georgina replied. "Bitch!!" Frank cursed. "Shhhhhh, don't disrespect your mom now. What were you saying the other time you came to the threaten me in my own house? Jenny in exchange for evidence." Georgina laughed loudly. "It was stupid of you to think I am a big fool. I was just pretending to believe you have any sort of evidence, I am smart enough to know you had no evidence. Well to be sure, I planted a bug in your pocket which was connected to my phone, I was listening to all your conversations. I planned this night just so I could gather evidence to free my son and get my business back. I am your mother child, I am the devil you can never catch, you are just a novice." She explained. Katie's heart was filled with hatred but she couldn't help but applaud the smartness of this woman.
"And Fred and his mother? What about them? How did they get involved?" Frank asked. "Oh them. I heard all of your plans through the bug. I needed a little distraction for Fred, and to get the evidence, I brought his mother along, and made Helena pretend to be Jenny, poor boy thought he was forcing Jenny to come along with him, but no, it was Helena. It was all so funny." Georgina laughed out loud and Helena joined while walking towards Katie. She stopped when she got close to her. "Told you Katie, in this race, you can never win, so don't even try." She said and walked out. "So what will you do about us?" Frank asked. "Oh dear,what can I do? Nothing, I don't want more problems on my hand now, do I? You are all free to go." Georgina said with the smile never leaving her face. The men were back and started to usher them outside. "Georgina please, release my mother, oh please do." Fred pleaded, talking for the first time with his face strangely sullen. "Of course I will, but not presently sweetheart, I'm so sorry." Georgina replied mimicking a baby face, with that, the three of them were sent out.

Full story?
Click this link

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 12:57pm On Apr 11, 2018
Chapter33

Y
Chapter 33
"Katie's right, we shouldn't have taken, not to talk of giving him a task. We shouldn't have depended on him. Now he just bleeped everything up." Frank said angrily immediately they got to Fred's house. He cursed all their way here and Katie couldn't help but support his opinion. Why exactly did he leave his post? Now he had put them all in trouble, including Jenny. What disturbed Katie most was the idea that Wayne would be set free. She wouldn't be able to live or sleep properly. She was happy when Wayne was convicted and thought she had overcome her fear but now, the idea frightens her. "Just a simple instruction, yet you couldn't follow it. What kind of a dumb ass are you?" Frank continued, pacing up and down. Katie looked at Fred, sitting down on the couch and getting lost in thoughts as if it wasn't he Frank was talking to. "What happened?" Linda came out then, she had been at home since and no one wanted to put her life in danger by taking her to the operation. "How did it go?" She asked again. "It went well, all thanks to Fred." Frank said through his teeth sarcastically but angrily. "My gosh, what went wrong?" Frank took fifteen minutes to explain what was supposed to take just five minutes to Linda due to excessive cursing and frustrative pauses. "Just calm down Frank, i'm sure Fred had a good reason for leaving his position." Linda finally said after everything. "Exactly, no one ever thought of that, absolutely no one." Fred stood up angrily, talking for the first time. "No one cared to ask why. No one wants to know, all you're concerned about is that I didn't do what I was told to do. No one cared to listen to my side of the story. Been receiving irrelevant blame all this while." He said. "So tell us, everyone is here, tell us why exactly you left your post and fell into Georgina's trap?" Frank said indifferently, putting more force on the trap aspect. "I saw my mom, she was being dragged into that building, I had no choice but to follow her. Do you know when last I saw her, I couldn't help myself but leave my post, don't you guys understand?" Fred retorted, obviously frustrated too. "Oh really? I thought I told you loud and clear that after we get Jenny, we would go after your mother. How could you even think we could catch two birds with a stone when it came to Georgina." Frank said, raising his own voice too.
"Well I couldn't wait, don't you get it? If it were to be your own mother, wouldn't you do same? Forget the fact that she is the cause of our problems." Fred said. "They were hurting her, she was in pain and you expect me to do nothing? What kind of a son do you think I am? Your mother can be a devil but mine is not and if there is another chance like this to save her, I won't hesitate to take it." Fred said. Frank shook his head. "So did you get her back? Did you? Instead you screwed everything up, you made us lose them both. Are you happy now? Maybe next time, you should use your brains and not your emotions when it came to stuffs like this." Frank said back. "Frank!!" Fred growled. Linda was thoughtful enough to come in between them. "You guys should stop this okay? Fred is right, who would watch and stay while his mother is being dragged away hurtfully when he could do something." She said. "If he could do something." Frank corrected, interrupting her. "Oh yeah, at least he thought he could do something. Just cut him some slack Frank, you are all just stressed out." Linda said. "If only he had just stayed one place, all of this wouldn't have happened." Frank said again. "If you hadn't been so all boasting and bragging, you would have known when Georgina planted the bug on you in the first place. You were totally in control and all mouth making about how good the plan was, if I had been in control, things wouldn't have been this bad. We trusted you too much too." Fred replied. Katie had a feeling that Fred had really been feeling left out and he just poured it all out. He wasn't used to taking orders and not be the one planning, she knew. Well, its none of her business though.
"Don't try to put the blame on me when you were wrong, everything was working perfectly well." Frank continued, ignoring the disapproval of Linda. "Do you guys really have to do this? We got a major problem on our hands and all you are concerned about is whose fault it was that our last plan failed. Wayne will be released soon, things are getting out of hand and this is the best thing to do instead of thinking of another plan? You guys must be kidding me." Tony spoke for the first time since they arrived. Maybe with the way he said it, putting force or his position as the lawyer was the cause, but it made the two of them quiet to reason with what he said. They both kept shut. "You will have to be a witness right? Just as Georgina said." Tony faced Frank and after he nodded his head, he continued. "She gave us an ultimatum, and to protect Jenny, you will have to be a witness. If we can prove that the evidence is false, then Wayne will be stuck in jail." He concluded. "But she planned the evidence so well that no matter what we say or do, the court wouldn't believe anything." Frank said. The place was quiet for a moment, everyone thinking of a solution to the problem. Katie couldn't think, oh how could she? She didn't even know what to feel. Wayne was gonna be released? Even her properties haven't been gotten back, it was still in the protection of the court, what the hell was she going to do? Her life was getting ruined. She had promised to expose both mother and daughter but in the real sense, she was helpless and hopeless. They were just stronger and smarter than she was, she had to admit. She had to admit to her weakness, there was nothing she could do against them, they were always a step ahead of her, even with her parents, properties, business, relationship and everything. She was just too weak.
"Wait a minute Frank." Tony finally broke the silence, getting everyone's attention. "You said Georgina planned on lying to the court that Fred kidnapped Helena days before the trial that sent Wayne to jail, don't you think that everyone saw Helena at the trial? She was present, if she was kidnapped then, how had she gotten to court for the trial? If we can prove that Helena wasn't kidnapped at all, then we will have no case." Tony observed. "Wow, brilliant, spectacular. I always knew you were the man for this job and I know you won't ever fail us, even with your sister on the line, you are still fearless and never jump to action out of affection, we will work on that." Frank said. Katie could get that he was indirectly referring to Fred and his actions. Guess she wasn't the only one that observed that as Fred suddenly stood up. "I need some air." He said and left. "I will check for eye witnesses at the court, even the judge is one. And also check records of her whereabouts for the days before the trial." Tony said and turned to leave too. "Thanks, I will check if I can find some more evidence." Frank said too and they both left. Linda looked at Katie keenly and with just one stare, Katie knew what she was going to say. "Maybe you should go and meet him dear." Katie sighed. "Why me? Why not you?" Katie asked, but another stare stopped her from hoping for answers. "Okay, I will go." Linda smiled as Katie left.
Katie searched for Fred quietly. She felt sad for him. Was she being heartless or cold? Only she understood what was going on with him because only she knew about his family and what they had been through. She understood perfectly why he went after his mother immediately he saw her. But still, he should have stuck to their plan. She found him on the terrace, the breeze blowing his shirt slowly, he backed her and was obviously lost in thoughts. His backview was astonishing, he was charming, she couldn't dispute that. She guessed he noticed her presence because he smiled without looking back when she got closer to him. "You know, I went to see my dad before we went to execute the plan. He was lying helplessly on the bed. He has never asked me for something before, nothing Katie. But today he did, with tear in his eyes, he pleaded for me to bring his wife back. And right at that moment, I made a promise to myself that I would bring her back at all costs." He turned slowly to face her. "I couldn't help it, I saw a perfect opportunity. I had so many hopes, when she got back, everything was gonna be okay. I planned on traveling with both of them, I planned on living a better life and forgetting about all of this mess. How could I have pulled back, I just couldn't Katie." He said. Katie felt pity for him, though she was angry with him. "Georgina used your weakness against you." Katie said, and nodding, Fred replied. "Oh yes, I was weak, I admit, really weak. But nothing is more important to me than getting my mother back, absolutely nothing." He fought back tears, maybe he didn't wanna cry right when she was there.
And there, unexpectedly, he pulled her closer and kissed her slowly. She was shocked, so she didn't kiss back, she stiffened. Oh how she missed the taste of his lips, how she missed being held by him. But no, she shouldn't get carried away, he didn't love her, the idea made her push free from him and run back into the house.

Full story?
Click this link

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 7:57am On Apr 12, 2018
Chapter 34
Tony waited impatiently for the judge to arrive as Wayne was being brought in. They had little thing against him now as Georgina had gathered hard evidence against them. If he wasn't careful, Fred would replace Wayne in jail. Tony knew Wayne was Katie's nightmare and if he was released, Katie would start to panic again. His mind went to the last conversation they had together. Fred had told her everything, why the hell would he do that? Did he think she would forgive him or give him chance after everything? There was only one explanation, Fred had given up on Katie. Well he had not, so why would he ruin things for him? He had nothing against Fred and though it was his sister that was at stake just because of Fred's reckless behaviour, he wasn't as angry as Frank with him, but still, he should have considered him and thought about what Katie would think of him. The judge entered shortly, cutting him short in his thoughts. Everyone stood to honour his presence. It was another judge, a man this time around, who was to try their case. Everyone settled down. The case was called. The defence lawyer was still Mr Godwin and he whispered loudly to him. "Nice meeting you again Mr Lorrel." Smiling cunningly. Tony had seen all the evidence they had against them as the rule of the court and he had looked for everything to counter their stand, he hoped it was enough.
"The defendant should present the evidence to the court. This is the last time this case would be put on trial, there is no time to waste." The judge said, obviously impatient. "Your honour." Godwin stood up. "Justice must be done in this case. Due to some circumstances the last time, the judgement wasn't fair, I hope this evidence will prove me right so only the guilty would be sent to jail." Godwin said and winked at Tony after looking at Fred. He presented everything, the video and pictures and defended his point to implicate Fred just the way Frank said Georgina had said it. The video of Fred forcing Helena, the one of Frank too. It was a perfect story, Tony must admit, but only a fool would believe it. "Mr Lorrel, are you still the defence council of Frederick Stiles?" The judge asked, Tony stood up. "Yes your honour." Tony replied. "Do you have anything in your defence?" He asked again and when Tony answered, said. "The floor is yours."
Tony came forward and smiled. "Wow, oh wow. Brilliant isn't it? The story was perfect. Which makes me wonder Mr Godwin, how you only have to wait this long to bring the evidence to court. Your honour, this is a crooked up story which the court shouldn't believe." Tony paused. "But the evidence backed the story up." The judge took the opportunity to say. "Of course. But your honour, do you know that not everything is what they appear to be? We shouldn't foolishly follow something because it is a proof, but we should use our sense sometimes. On the 15th of July, Miss Helena was present in this court, life and direct for the trial, makes me wonder how someone who was kidnapped flew to the court to witness her brother's trial. Strange isn't it? Except Miss Helena is a twin which I'm sure she is not." Tony said. "Objection, there is no proof that she was here on that day." Mr Godwin said causing some noise among the witnesses present there who obviously with their noise, were present on that day and saw Helena. "Order!" The court became silent again. Tony smiled.
"Guess that's a clear opposition of what you said Mr Godwin, but nevertheless, I have prove that she was here on that day, and not only that, she never went missing for the period of time they claim she was kidnapped." Bringing the evidence, he continued. "They claim she was kidnapped yet no one reported to the cops that someone went missing, interesting. Your honour, this is a video clip of Miss Helena, at the court. Guess they had forgotten there was a security camera here, and here also is the phone records of Miss Helena between those days they claim she was missing, she called her friends and received calls, makes me wonder how someone who was kidnapped was given privilege to call and chat with friends." The whole court laughed. "I have witnesses, and counting them, they are up to twenty who can witness the presense of Helena in this court, we don't want to waste out time now, do we?" Tony asked and went to sit, causing a round of applause from the people.
"Mr Godwin, your case." The judge said. "Your honour." Godwin came forward. "Its so easy to say that because the person who kidnapped Helena, Frederick Stiles, is smarter than we think. About the phone records first My Lord, Helena had left her phone at her friend's place, she was the one who used Helena's phone in the mean time and she was the one who let Helena's family know she was missing since she never came back for her phone the whole day. And for the presence of Helena here in court. Oh common, we all are in the twenty-first century, technology has bloomed and there are no fingerprints or anything to prove that it was actually Helena. It was just someone wearing a mask of her. Frederick had planned everything so well so as not to cause commotion about Helena being missing. The evidence I showed clearly proves everything, we should think clearly before believing anything." Godwin said. "Exactly what I am saying, your story is hard to believe." Tony said from his seat. They had a perfect explanation yeah, but it wasn't enough, the judge should know that. He never even asked for the so called Helena's friend to come to the witness box. There was something about this judge and the way he behaved. Had he been bribed?
"We just can't ignore the evidence Wayne and his lawyer has because it goes a long way. So because of this, Wayne should be released from the prison till further notice and more evidence has been acquired, but he isn't totally free. In his place, Frederick Stiles should be put in custody till the next trial." The judge declared, impossible, how could he give that kind of judgement? It wasn't right, Tony thought. "Your Honour, there is also no tangible or strong evidence against Frederick. Only a video that nobody is sure here is true. Besides My Lord, kidnapping is a bail able offence, and I request that my client be released on bail." Tony rushed to stop the judge before he could conclude. He thought for a while and looked at the jury before judging. " Frederick is hereby released on bail till the next trial." The judge gave his final verdict and rose. Tony could see the look of happiness of Georgina's face as her son was released. At least, Fred was not arrested. They had to do something to send both mother and son back to jail, without leaving Helena out. They had won today, but he wasn't going to let them win again, he promised himself.

Full story?
Click this link

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 11:00am On Apr 13, 2018
Chapter 35

Katie poured herself a cup of coffee. The fifth she was having that day. Not because of the extremely cold weather but because she was thinking. Just thinking. Since the last trial, she couldn't help but think and think all day long. No one was home, Fred had gone to work, sure he had missed a lot on his business due to all of this. Tony went to God-knew-where. Frank and Linda had gone back to their home, they were to come back before the next trial, leaving only Katie to herself. She was meant to work, to report, it was what she did best but she just couldn't. She couldn't even compose a sentence of a punchline. Her office gave her just one month more to come back to the city with her report of Georgina. They heard about what happened to her son and how he had been released from jail. That's the problem, they weren't meant to 'hear', she was meant to be the one reporting but since she was caught up in her problems, she didn't have time to compose anything. They understood because she was involved in everything, but that wasn't for long and if she wasn't careful, she might lose her job.
She thought of writing things about Georgina, but since she was her neice, well according to the public, it wouldn't be that relevant because they weren't in good terms. She was helpless. So helpless. She couldn't avenge her parents' death, she couldn't secure her properties and she couldn't even secure her love not to talk of her work. She was a failure, a total failure. She just couldn't do anything properly and successfully. She had to depend on others. Her mother didn't bring her up this way. Her mother taught her to be really strong and brave, not to be shaken by anyone, but she was just an epitome of cowardice.
Katie poured her sixth cup as tears rolled down her eyes. She remembered her mum, how beautiful she had been. She was her role model and she had dreamt of growing up to be like her. Her dad, the strongest man alive. They had been one happy family and she wanted nothing else. Georgina took everything away from her. Everything! Katie was restless, right then she was more useless than anything of little worth. She let the tears run down freely now that she was alone at home. She had failed in everything, absolutely everything. She shouldn't be this weak, yet she was. She was too weak to do anything against her enemies. She had been betrayed, she had been ruined, raped, maltreated, yet, she was gonna let all of that go away? Without doing anything? She was nothing but a coward.
Something jerked her up. It was the phone. It was ringing. It was an unknown number but she wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. It stopped ringing and she saw fifteen missed calls, the phone was beside her since but she hadn't noticed it had been ringing for fifteen times. The caller was persistent so she decided to pick it. "Hello. Katie Laurens, who is this?" She said to the phone, there was no reply. "Hello... Hello" Not until the fifth time she said it that the caller spoke. She freezed at the familiar voice. Wayne? Why would he call her? Oh no, she shouldn't pick it. She was scared, what was he planning to do with her now? Was he going to torture her again? Katie freaked out. He was calling her, oh yeah he was. She stopped to think for a moment, was she suffering from trauma? Of all she had been through since childhood? Was that why she was so weak, because she was still caught up in her past? She was still engrossed in her fear that she lacked courage and strength. She shouldn't let that affect her, she should stand up against her past, it was the only way she could win.
She looked at the phone, ringing for the fourth time since she cut it. She picked it. "Oh hey, finally you picked it. Great. Do you miss me baby?" Wayne's voice roared in her ears. "Maybe I should ask, do you miss jail?" Katie replied. Wayne laughed. She remembered the laughter from when he enjoyed torturing her, laughing and beating her, she spat in disgust. "What do you want?" She asked. "Straight to the point baby, meet me at Erickson road, right before the Junks store, there is a field, we can talk there. That's if you've got the guts. Baby remember you always ran away from me, every time, because you couldn't face me. Oh well, forget about that and come, let's discuss. If you aren't up for it, then, I will believe you are just like your former self, ever fearful, childish and foolish." Wayne said, laughing in between his words. Katie held the phone tightly. "When do you want to meet?" She asked in between her teeth. "Wow, didn't expect that, now!" It was all she needed to hear, she hung up and went to her room to write a letter to Fred that she was going to meet Wayne and if she wasn't back by the time he came, he could call the police. With that, she took her purse and phone then left. She drove to Erickson's and saw the field and parked right at the front. She walked to the centre but saw no one, absolutely no one. She wondered where he was. She waited a while, she hoped it wasn't a trap, the bastard would stoop to any level to prove himself.
A sudden tap on her shoulder made her jump, she turned to look at the person, it was Wayne. Oh Wayne, they finally got to talk one on one since their last encounter. "Hey there baby, right on time." He said, smiling. He looked like a monster. Katie only had the chance to look at him at the court from far but never this close. He had beards all over, he looked terrible and plainly the opposite of handsome. What had he done to himself? "Well, I am here, what do you want to discuss about?" She asked, raising her chin up to show that she feared him no more. But deep down she did, she was afraid. She half expected some goons to surround them and hold her from behind while he raped her again and again. "Well, ignoring how sexy you have become, with the curves and all, I just wanted to make a deal with you, that's if you are in." He said. Katie waited patiently, a deal. What kind of deal? He sure needed something from her, if not, he wouldn't consider a deal with her at all. She was sure he would threaten her if she refused the deal, but why would she? She was up for this. "Spill." Katie muttered.
"Katie we both know you have been through a lot in your life and you don't want it to continue that way, so do I." He started. "I never knew you had my best interests at heart." Katie interrupted. "I am still talking!" Wayne said harshly, scaring Katie and making her tremble. "As I was saying, I want you to withdraw this case against me and make me a free man forever and also forget about your properties. You like your life the way it was right? At Danpa, wouldn't you like to go back to that lifestyle and forget about properties and justice? Everything will go back to normal for you." Wayne said. The offer was enticing, really enticing but there was something wrong. How could she even think about his offer? He wanted to be free so he could hurt more girls? Once a criminal, always a criminal. How could she choose a normal life over the lives of other innocent girls? How could she let go of the properties her parents left for her? She couldn't be a good daughter while they were alive, would she throw their only properties away now just because of a damn normal life now that they were gone.? Hell no, she was too into this to go back now. "And what would my gain be?" Katie asked faintly. Wayne laughed out loud for a while, his voice echoed. Why the hell was he laughing?
"What you will gain? Oh yes, I forgot that part. I will gain my freedom, but I won't be the only one, you will gain your own freedom, from me baby. I won't bother you anymore. I will stay away from you forever and you will have nothing to be scared of anymore." He replied. He thought she was scared of him, he knew she was. Was it so obvious? She was still affected by what he did to her in the past. And he said he wouldn't bother her? That was a great idea, it was sweet, it was perfect, but she would stand on her idea. "Why should I trust you? You could always come back anytime you want after you gained your freedom. Besides, what makes you think I am scared of you? Because I am way past that fear." She told him, but he just laughed again. Harder this time and for a longer period of time. He laughed and laughed. "You think you are strong now? Yet you couldn't secure your properties, you couldn't go against me, my sister and mother. You couldn't defend yourself and prove you were not hallucinating. Stop lying to yourself baby, you are worse than your former self. You are coated in fear. When you were young back then, you summoned up the courage to run away from me, but right now, you can't even do anything because you are weaker and more foolish and naive. You can't do anything and you can't stand up against me not to talk of face me, because you are still scared and will forever be scared. You are useless Katie, useless!" Wayne screamed in her ears. "So I would save you all of that if you did as I asked, you got till the next trial to think about my proposal, bye coward." Wayne said. Katie didn't even know how he left or which way he went. The truth of what he said shattered her, broke her into pieces, she was useless!!!!!!!!

....Full story?
Click this link

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 8:18am On Apr 16, 2018
New chapters available
Click the link ....Full story?
Click this link
Click the link above to see other stories available on the blogFull story click here to read http://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/THE%20HIDDENS?
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 6:06am On Apr 19, 2018
Chapter 37
Katie sat down by her laptop with a cup of coffee. She had been there since 5 o' clock in the morning and now, it was 11am. She hadn't eaten but had just been drinking and drinking since. She was loosing more weight daily and not only because of her defence classes, but because she hardly ate. "Nora.... Nora, make me some breakfast." Katie ordered the servant without even looking away from her laptop. She couldn't stop searching. She had to know what happened that made Helena and her family think her parents killed their father. Katie knew her parents well, they couldn't kill. Could that be the reason Georgina was against her and her family? Because she thought her parents killed her husband? That could be pretty interesting. She would search for Georgina's marriage and how her husband died and where her own parents were on the day of the incidence. She would find out about everything that happened and the cause of Georgina's hatred, she knew something was behind it and the only person left alive to tell the story apart from Georgina was Fred's mother, Vanessa. Katie would find her anywhere she was and let her shed light to everything happening, then they would work towards evidence which will implicate Georgina and her crew.
Katie searched further and found out that Georgina's husband was Curtis Jefferson and he died almost six months before her parents did. He died in Danpa, he was shot and till date, his killer hadn't been found. Who and what killed him? And why would Georgina think it was her parents? Something was wrong and she had to clear it. Her parents wee also in Danpa when Curtis was shot. Curtis was a business man and the more surprising thing was that, he was her father's rival. No no no, impossible!! Could it be that her father really killed Curtis? Was Georgina justified? Nooo, she would work harder on getting Vanessa out of wherever she was, she refused to believe.
Her phone rang just as Nora brought her breakfast to her. It was Tony. Was there any update about the trial? The trial was being prolonged but that wasn't bad, it only gave Katie more time on her mission. She picked. "Hello Tony." She said into the phone. "Hey Katie, can we meet? I want to discuss with you." Tony's voice was faint and somehow naive like he was scared to talk to her. "About what?" Katie's fierce voice surpassed his. "Business, but mostly personal." Tony said. It was good he told her the truth because if he lied it was business and started talking personal, then she wouldn't be very nice with him. "I'm really busy right now Tony, some other time." Katie shunned him off. "Sorry but when will the some-other-time come? You say that every time I ask to see you when I call, that would be up to five times now. I wanna see you Katie, stop being unfair, we need to talk things out." Tony raised his voice a little to achieve emphasis. He was right and she had been ignoring him. She was being unfair to him but she was past caring. What was there to explain? That Fred and he had bailed on and had played her.? "Alright, let's see then. After my class and club meeting, I will see you. In the evening." Katie said. She needed to go for her defence class and the Strong Women Club meeting at 5pm. She would be done 8pm. "I will text the address to you, thanks Katie, this means a lot to me." She hung up after that.
Since the last failed date with Fred, she hadn't gone on a date and she missed it. Not that she was too excited to go on a date with Tony but she needed to go out with a guy. It wasn't a sign of weakness, as her mind was telling her, it was simply maturity. Besides, it would boost her social life. She rounded up what she was doing on net, then prepared to go for her class. Three hours later, she was already exhausted and tired to the extent that she found it hard to drink water. Even her tutor was surprised on how she practiced three hours with other students non-stop, each taking turns with her. "Trust me Katie, if you continue this way, you are going to kill yourself, cool down babe, its no big deal. You see those ladies?" Henry, her tutor was saying, pointing to two beautiful ladies with whom she had fought. "They had been here six months before you and you are extremely better than them." He completed. Katie couldn't help staring at his shape all the time, it was obvious he had been building his body since he was young. He was extremely good looking and he had the perfect shape for a model, he had even asked her out. But she wasn't up for any romance at that point of her life, she wasn't like those two rich ladies, still with parents, attending defence classes just to act movies and knowing little about life. She couldn't compare herself to them, she had a lot to deal with than caring about others. "Henry there are certain things you don't joke with. In this life, you shouldn't take anything for granted. Things will be there one time, the other time, they are not." Katie replied, packing her things. "Wonderful, you strike me as a person who had been through a lot in life." Henry told her. She finished packing her stuffs. "Trust me Henry, lot is an understatement." She concluded and hugged him goodbye before leaving, preparing for her club meeting. She was still finding it hard to get along with those fashionable ladies of higher class in the association, most of them young, rich and married. But she made up her mind that soon, she was going to lead them. She drove home to refresh herself.
She wasn't concerned about fashion as the other ladies who dressed to impress their colleagues and to make a good impression, spending nothing less than one hour on make-up, making the sum of three hours just to dress for an hour meeting. Katie spent thirty minutes dressing up and that was even plus the minutes she spent on her laptop. She drove to the association's venue, it was two blocks away from the town hall which was used last week. It was also close to Fred's house and the thought of seeing Fred made her stomach turn. She parked at the compound of Leville's joint where the meeting was taking place and walked inside the place. Different cars of different sorts were already parked there. She looked at her watch right then and noticed she was five minutes late. Evelyn Norway, the president of the association didn't approve of late coming and there was a fine for it. Well, she would pay. But Katie surely hated the way Evelyn looked at or treated her. She wasn't welcome and Evelyn made sure it was obvious but Katie was determined to join them.
She met them all gathered sitted in a very big board room with chairs and a really round and long table. Bottled water facing each woman. There was just one empty chair there, Katie guessed it was for her since chairs were booked according to the number of members. There was silence as she entered. "Good evening everyone, sorry I'm late." Katie said as she made way to the empty chair, ignoring the scornful stare of thirty out of the fifty members present. She was about sitting down when she heard Evelyn's voice echo through the room. "Stop!" Katie stopped suddenly. All eyes went to Evelyn with all the shimmer and glamour at the centre of the room. Katie hated her with everything she stood for. The way she behaved like she was better than everyone mainly because her husband was one of the richest in town, or the way she talked like she controlled everything, it all irritated Katie. She wondered how she even became president, but looking at the way ladies flushed after her, it wasn't much of a mystery. She wasn't even forty yet.
"Why?" Katie asked, ready to fire back at her. "Isn't the empty seat meant to be for me?" She asked. Some of the friends whom Katie had gotten acquainted with murmured in utter agreement. "Yes Evelyn, isn't the seat hers?" Irene, the youngest lady whom Katie had grown to like said in her defence. "First Katherine, I don't tolerate late coming, we all know that and its part of the rules and second, we have a new comer, and that's her seat." Evelyn said. Katie couldn't hold her anger but she tried to control it, she wasn't here to please anyone, she was only there to socialize. "Excuse me Evelyn, to start with, I know I am seven minutes late and I already paid my fine before coming here quite alright. Secondly, I don't remember reading in any part of the rules that when new comers arrived, the old ones should be deprived of their seats to please them. I also don't recall you loosing your chair to me when I first came." Katie fired back. The women tried to suppress their laughter at the sarcasm of her words, thereby making noise which angered Evelyn. Katie knew someone had never stood up to Evelyn till that day. "She is right Evelyn." A young brunette said from the far end of the roll. "Are you perharps going against me? I am the presi..." Katie didn't let her complete it. "Who is also guided by the rules of the association." She interrupted. "Don't you get it Katherine?" Evelyn stood up. "You aren't welcome here, no one needs you here." Katie didn't remember having any problems with this lady, she wondered why she was met with such cold treatment. "Evelyn, no one is here because she is 'needed', we are all here for a purpose and I am a member of this group with the right just as every other member, is that so hard to take in? Or you are just too old to understand?" Katie challenged, coming face to face with her. The women gasped. Katie smiled, still wondering why she wasn't accepted, but her doubts cleared and everything became meaningful when a voice said from the entrance. "You don't belong here Katie, don't you get it?" It was Georgina. No wonder. "Ladies, please welcome our new member, Miss Georgina." Evelyn passed by her to hug Georgina. Interesting, Georgina wanted to ruin her social life too? she wouldn't allow it. "And why is that?" Katie asked, raising her chin. "No one wants to associate with an orphan who seduces rich men just to make a name for herself." Georgina said. Katie smiled. "So they'd rather associate with an old woman, whom after three children is still called 'miss'? Whose son recently left jail and whose second son despises, whose daughter left her house? I doubt it." Katie snapped back. Laughter from everywhere filled the room, Georgina was actually being laughed at. Katie could feel her boiling.
"You slowpoke! You were the one who framed my son. You......." Georgina was shouting but her voice was suppressed by a much deeper voice which interrupted her. "You mean the son that rapes and maltreats young girls and derives joy from hurting people?" It was Fred!!! What the hell was he doing there?.

....Full story?
Click this link

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 8:38am On Apr 20, 2018
New chapters available
Click this link
http://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 9:10am On Apr 21, 2018
Chapter 38
Fred waited patiently for everyone to take in what he said. He couldn't tolerate any harsh words against Katie and he wasn't going to. Not especially from Georgina. She seemed to be faring so fine and he wondered why he had to come to her defence when she didn't even need his help. Well, any man would do that. Any man who was still attracted to the girl he told he didn't love. He was going crazy, he couldn't think nor work properly and he couldn't get his mind off her. Never. No matter how he tried to get rid of her in his mind, he was never successful, she kept crawling back. For crying out loud he had told her he felt nothing for her and it was all meant to be really over but it wasn't. Seemed she had gotten over him but he hasn't, he couldn't. He had treated her unjustly, he knew, but normally he never cared about how girls felt when he used them, why was hers different? Hers had always been different right from time. Fred paused to look at the women in the hall. He also saw Evelyn, the same woman who had invited him as the special guest for their meeting. She never said anything about Georgina. Evelyn was his friend, her husband was a shareholder in his company, they became friends, thereby making his wife, Evelyn his friend too. Sometimes Fred couldn't help but think Evelyn was flirting with him, she always wanted to be noticed and here she was talking about good manners to Katie.
"Excuse me but is this what the group is meant for? To insult and make new comers unwelcome? Why exactly is Katie not welcome here but Georgina is? You call this Strong women association but all I see here are weak women who are a disgrace to the society. You are meant to bring women closer to others. To associate, to mingle and to build strong women out of weak ones. First, you limit the entrance of women according to their wealth, then you insult those who managed to join just to please new comers? I'm sure your husband will be extremely pleased to hear this Evelyn. I should pay him a visit." He said to them, making sure he emphasised on his words to make a point, or maybe to impress Katie who refused to look at him. "Please Fred, please don't tell him anything, I beg you." Evelyn ran to meet him, she was very scared of being sent out of her marriage, how would she live large after a divorce? Her whole life depended on her husband's wealth and Fred knew that quite alright. "This isn't what the asociatom is for, judging by the way women of this town think about and are influenced by this association, I have come to the conclusion that meetings of this association be put on hold till all of you have gone back to your senses to rethink what the association was created for. If there is any meeting, I will report to the cops and you all will be sued for abuse or I can take it to the Men Organisation where most of your husbands are. It's all I have to say, Katie let's go." Fred concluded and he meant it, he really meant everything he said. He would do all of that for Katie, sure he would, and he was starting to think it was a wrong idea leaving her alone. He wanted her and he would defend her any time and any where. He was emotionally her slave already. Maybe she could even give him a second chance.
Katie looked at him then and hesitated before responding, but finally did. "And Georgina, we would do something about your manners." He said to the old lady before walking out with Katie. He heard the women stand up to leave too. He smiled as he walked alongside Katie to his car with a sense of possessiveness harbouring his mind. She was quiet till they got to the car and she hardly looked at him, he told her to enter and she did, he turned to join her. They both sat in the car for a while without talking. Katie had changed him in a way he could never have imagined, in a way no one had. She had changed everything about him. The way he reasoned, the way he flirt. All of that had changed. He didn't flirt anymore and he never looked at women. As much as he didn't want to admit, Katie had changed a lot about him. He had started feeling, hurt, anger, depression, happiness and even love. But he wasn't ready to admit he could love.
"You didn't have to do that, you had no right to interfere in that." Katie started when she noticed he wasn't going to speak first. Fred was shocked at both the words and the fierceness of it. Not that he was particularly expecting thanks but he didn't expect to be blamed for what he did. "Katie...." He started. "I had it all under control, I didn't need your help. I could handle them but you just came and spoilt everything just like that. You had no right to threaten Evelyn, she is the president and you also have no right to cancel the meetings. You are just impossible." Katie said. In a way, he felt hurt. He didn't know why. Words didn't affect him but these did, they touched and shattered him. He had wronged her but he never expected to be treated with such coldness. "Katie I just couldn't bear you being humiliated." He tried to defend himself. "Why? You don't love me, you don't care, so why exactly would you bother? I am not your responsibility and for your information, I can take care of myself." She said. Fred could see the disgust in her eyes, the same eyes that had shown love for him. He missed those eyes, he missed the way she looked at him. He missed the way he touched her, he missed the way they had sex, the best sex he had. He realize all of that now. "That's a lie Katie, I care about you, I care about everything concerning you and I won't let anything hurt you." He tried to convince her. He wasn't romantic, at least not to the point of him meaning anything he said, but he meant this. "Well, its a pity I don't care anymore, I'm past caring." She said and opened the door. He tried to stop her. "where are you going to? Let me drop you." He told her feeling hurt, the feeling he hadn't felt since his mother left him. "No thanks, I have a car, and a date with Tony. Bye." She said and left, leaving him speechless. Date? A date!!! She was going on a date with Tony? He couldn't believe it. They were dating? It took a moment before Fred got himself back to normal, why did he care anyway? Was he jealous? Hell no, he wasn't. He couldn't be, why should he be? He tried to make light of the situation but he just couldn't, he couldn't.
He should get going to where he was going. He had been working on finding his mom. The cops were of no help, they couldn't search for someone who was presumed dead. Georgina planned it all well. But he was also smart and he had been following every clue he saw. From where his mother had eaten, he had traced the place on the map and had seen possible places where they could have gone. Thankfully the places it led to were narrow and mysteriously leading to just one place, the woods with a house located at the peak. He was going there now to search for any clue and God helped him, his mother might be there. He turned on his engine and drove off. The place was just an hour's journey and he got there quick, thinking all the way about Katie and her date with Tony. What will she be doing? Would they kiss? Or maybe go to her or his house to have sex? The idea freaked him out. They had dated before but that was long before he met her. He had to admit that deep down inside him, he was jealous. He got to the woods and parked far away from the house to avoid being spotted, he trekked his way down to the house. Everywhere was quiet, unusually quiet. Even the wood insects seemed to have used sleeping pills. Fred went closer to the house, it was far, very far from the main road, far from the way it was drawn on the map.
He finally got to the house and entered, praying a little before entering. He needed it, and if prayer worked, he would be save. He thought. Everywhere was quiet, too quiet. In a way that made noise. He searched further, the rooms and passages were all empty. He had expected to see different types of equipment for their operation. He still hoped to find something interesting so he climbed the stairs, that was where he started seeing stuffs. He got to a place meant to be the living room but empty in a way. He saw portraits of Helena and her mother there. It looked like they were just packing into the house. Just like the last place he visited, he saw plates recently used to eat and some clothes on ground. Some were for female and some were for male. He saw a tv set and a wardrobe, it was obvious someone was living there, could it be that was the place Georgina was keeping her hostages? "Son!" Fred paused for a moment to be sure it was his mother's voice he heard. His mother! She was there. What a miracle. He hoped it wasn't a trap. He turned and it was really his mother in the same clothes she wore the last time he saw her.
Then suddenly, he didn't know where it came from or how it happened or what exactly it was that hit him, he just felt a throb on his head with a sharp pain and the next thing, he was...... Gone.

New chapters available
Click this link

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 7:43am On Apr 23, 2018
Chapter 39

Katie sat down confidently opposite Tony Lorrel in her red off-shouldered gown with a big love moulded with petals right under her breasts. The upper part of the gown made her cleavage visible with some part of her tits coming up to eye all guys. It was a long gown, slim fitted to her knees but flay at the lower part with beautiful cotton of silver flowing all around her feet. She wore a shining silver necklace that matched her earrings. Her blonde hair was shimmering alongside her jewelry and though her make-up was purposefully small, she looked extravagant and superb, just like other women would look to a date. She confused Tony, she knew. Because he knew she never dressed that way but she had changed, she didn't care what anyone thought about her anymore. She did whatever she liked now at any time. She was past caring what others thought of her. She gained the attention of many guys at the restaurant which Tony had texted to her earlier. She had a great shape, she knew, and the cloth brought it out. She now bought and sewed her clothes from a special and personal designer. Everything had changed!
She looked at Tony now as the waiter gave them two menu cards. Tony wasn't looking bad too, he had always been handsome and when they were dating, all girls had eyes for him that it was hard to keep him to herself. She had loved him, loved him so much but he had been using her at the command of someone. It wasn't his fault, she knew that now, but he still used her and no explanation could heal what she felt that night when they broke up and she knew what he thought of her. Now she thought of the times they spent together at the city. They had been really close. They had spent most of their time together, always hanging around together. Going out with him now made her feel again, what she hadn't felt in a long while. She didn't want to suppress the feeling and when she tried to, the thoughts of what he had been going through while spending time with her, coping with the death of his brother and the kidnapping of his sister with the current state of his mother filled her mind and she couldn't help but allowing her feel for him. He had been the one calling and talking to her over the month though she always ignored him, he was persistent. He still had the innocence in his eyes and Katie felt free with him than any other person. "You look stunning Katie, spectacular." He told her after they had ordered. "Thanks Tony." She replied. The waiter brought their order shortly. "I get it you've been busy for some time now." He continued. "Oh yes. I am facing too much to be idle, you should know that better than anyone. And I get you are not relenting in your effort to bring Jenny back, guess we are in the same shoes." Katie said gently cutting the pancakes and putting some in her mouth. "Yeah, since I stopped working for Georgina, been scared she would do something to Jenny the way she did to my brother. I gat a detective on my side and he has been helping me track her and get evidence against Georgina. I went to visit my mother last week, her state has become worse Katie, worse. She wanna see her daughter. She has turned into something else, I couldn't recognise her. Georgina ruined her life, she ruined our lives." Tony said. Katie looked at him keenly and saw the sadness in his eyes. She couldn't console him, she won't. What she was going to do, was bring Jenny back, she promised herself. "We will get her back, I assure you we will get her back and make that bitch pay for all of her crimes. I promise you." Katie said between her teeth. Tony nodded. They ate in silence for a while. When they were done and waiters had cleared their table, Tony started again.
"Katie, you never told me everything about yourself when we were dating." He said. "Well you never cared to know." Retorted Katie. "You understand the situation I was in then." He defended and when Katie nodded, continued. "I want to know what happened to your parents. I want to know how they died and left you an orphan and how Georgina and Linda came into your life. I want to know everything Katie." He said. She never told anyone about how her parents died, she never did. She always edited that part and even when the cops were investigating and collected her statement, she never said a word about what really happened. The way Tony asked her made her wanna pour everything out. She had been living with the burden since she was a kid, maybe it was time she let it out, she hoped she wouldn't cry. A part of her drew closer to Tony, wanting to share everything with him, she felt attached, strangely attached. In every way, she blamed herself for all that happened to her parents. It was her fault and it would continue to be her fault, maybe that was the reason she couldn't share with anyone. Maybe if she hadn't been careless that night, that unfortunate night, her parents wouldn't have died. "It was my fault, my fault Tony. You know the reason why I never told anyone what happened? It's because I killed them, I was the one who killed my own parents." Katie started, pausing a little while Tony used the opportunity to console her. "Whatever happened, I am sure it wasn't your fault, don't blame yourself hunny, don't." He said. She didn't listen, she continued anyway.
"That night I went to a party with my friends, I hardly went out. My mum hardly let me out of her sight, she never made me go anywhere. She was always concerned bout my wellbeing. She knew all my friends and their parents, still she never let me stay out late. I was young and she always told me the world is wicked and cruel. I always played that she would always be the villain, now I know that all she said was true." Katie swallowed before continuing. "Tony she warned me that night not to go out, she said I was still young to go out then, I was just twelve for crying out loud. But other girls my age were allowed to go out, my friends were going for the party. I couldn't be left out like before. So for the first time, I disobeyed mum, I called her all sorts of names." Katie wiped her tears. She had called her mum too old-fashioned to understand what was popping in the new age, she called her mum ignorant and not caring for her, she remembered the way mother was heartbroken, the way she had smiled and told her to go but felt sad inside, Katie had not cared, she had left anyway. "She let me go and I went. I had fun, we played and all. No adult was available at the house of the girl who held the party. So we did different stuffs. We drank and drank. It was the first time I drank alcohol, mum always warned me against it and I refused at first. But my friends were tempting, they all drank so I didn't want to be left out, I drank too. I found it good so I drank a lot till I didn't get myself anymore. I had to be taken home. My friends did, they were used to drinking and didn't get affected, only I did. I don't even know how they took me home but I remember when I got home then, it was so late at night, the lights had gone off, mum and dad were both asleep. So I went inside and straight to my room without waking anyone up, I dunno how I slept off but I did. I think it wasn't that deep. Cos something strange happened." Katie paused for a moment. Its been long but she still remembered every detail clearly. She had not even removed her cloths when she slept off, she had not been herself at all.
"I thought I had a dream where I heard footsteps pass by my room to the other rooms, one of which my parents were sleeping in. Then I heard sounds, hard noise and my name being called. Until someone screamed my name before I realized I wasn't dreaming. I woke up and continued hearing noise. I couldn't think clearly because I was high so I couldn't decipher what type of noise it was. I thought it was mum watching her noisy action movie. Except that Katie was never in any of her movies. That got me out of my bed, and just to clear my doubts, I went to check. I came out of my room, hardly standing well, just in time to get a glimpse of two men in black suits walking out of our house. It felt strange, at that time of the night. But I still couldn't think straight, I tried calling them back but they wouldn't turn. I tried chasing but I fell off midway. So I let it go and decided to go check mum and dad and ask them. I got to their room and.......and they were already dead, murdered in cold blood." Katie cleaned her eyes now with the handkerchief Tony handed her in order not to gain any attention since her entrance and presence were already flashy. It still hurt and she couldn't help but think that if she hadn't been drunk, she would have called for help and might have saved her parents from being killed. Or might have recognized the faces of those men. For many nights after she kept hearing the voice of her mum calling her for help. "It was my fault. I should have listened to mum, I should have heeded her words, I shouldn't have gotten drunk. If I hadn't been, I would have been in my right senses to think up something, but no, I killed them." She wouldn't let her past affect her now, no matter how much it hurt. She wasn't the same Katie anymore, she was stronger. "You wanna prove its not your fault? You wanna make the person who killed your parents rot in jail? You wanna avenge their death? Then its not by crying because nothing is your fault here, you should be happy they didn't kill you too." Tony talked for the first time since she started. He had let her pour everything out without interrupting and she was grateful. "Yes Tony, that's exactly what I am going to do. Just wait and see." She said.
"Wait a minute, those guys in black weren't caught? No one knew or saw their faces?" He asked and she shook her head. "What of the security cameras?" He asked again. "Well no one checked that, we were all too busy mourning their death and the police didn't in the least seem interested, they feigned it." Katie replied. "Because they had been bribed by Georgina the same way she bribed the social officials to put you in Linda's care. That must be it." Tony suggested. That was very much possible. She was taken away from her home and everything that till now, she never knew where her parents were buried. Georgina planned everything. "How do you say we do our own investigation and dig deep into this to expose her and everyone involved?" Tony proposed, she winked and they got up to leave. She was starting to like him.

New chapters available
Click this link

2 Likes

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 8:46am On Apr 26, 2018
New chapters available Click the link ....Full story? Click this link http://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS? http://www.donsimonii.com/p/story.html?
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Saheed69(m): 9:03am On Apr 26, 2018
Nice story keep it up boss more ink to your pen
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by DemiKOL(f): 9:52am On Apr 26, 2018
But why is georgina so greedy and heartless!
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2018
Saheed69:
Nice story keep it up boss more ink to your pen

Thanks, the story is written by my friend tho, she will hear
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
DemiKOL:
But why is georgina so greedy and heartless!

She believes she's is right, hope you are following the story on the blog too ?
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by DemiKOL(f): 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
donsimoniiblog:

She believes she's is right, hope you are following the story on the blog too ?
Yes i am.
Well...but thats way too much.
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
DemiKOL:

Yes i am.
Well...but thats way too much.

A villain that is not wicked is that one a villain.. Lol... Are you following any other story on my blog?
www.donsimonii.com
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by DemiKOL(f): 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2018
donsimoniiblog:

A villain that is not wicked is that one a villain.. Lol... Are you following any other story on my blog?
www.donsimonii.com
No
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 7:36am On Apr 27, 2018
DemiKOL:

No
You should check out crushed, the HIDDENS, stuck with Mr popular, the Vamps, forever mine and many more, and I'm sure u will enjoy them as much as u like LOVE HAPPENS

THANKS
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by DemiKOL(f): 9:26am On Apr 27, 2018
donsimoniiblog:

You should check out crushed, the HIDDENS, stuck with Mr popular, the Vamps, forever mine and many more, and I'm sure u will enjoy them as much as u like LOVE HAPPENS

THANKS
All right. I will
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by devilmaycry1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2018
wow nice story
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
devilmaycry1:
wow nice story
Sure New episodes tomorrow
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by itsandi(m): 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
Interesting smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 10:51am On Apr 28, 2018
Chapter 40
Katie and Tony hung around quite often after their date. First was to the cinema, next was to the gallery, another on sightseeing, one was to have breakfast. They had fun together and Tony made her smile all the time. Those activities never altered her daily work, they just boosted her morale. They worked together, they searched together, they put heads together and even dined together. Tony lifted her burden away from her shoulders and gave her a reason to stand up and live up to her mother's expectations. She shared stuffs with him and he shared too. They became best friends. He always got her back and was always there when she needed him. That was the difference between when they wee dating the last time and now, he was committed, the problem was she wasn't. She wasn't taking her chances with any guy but everything in her body wanted her to give Tony a chance since he didn't make the first mistake on purpose. Besides, not every guy is Fred. But she still enjoyed his company and the way they did things together. She had someone to laugh with, she had someone to have fun with, Tony was all she wanted in a guy. But something was wrong, something was wrong. She didn't love him, couldn't bring herself to no matter how she tried. There was no connection between them, no attraction, she didn't love him like before, maybe that was why they remained friends. She cared about him though, she did and that was all she needed.
He was in her house presently, he was having a sleepover so they could work overnight. They needed to check the security cameras in her parents' house but since its been years ago and the house had been abandoned for years, it was hard to gain access from another source, the source that was from them. So they intended on searching at midnight when all the servers would be less in use and maybe Katie could hack into the server and gain access. If it worked, they would be able to replay all that happened that night. Katie just came back from defence classes and she settled with Tony to eat lunch. "Oh Madam, this food smells great." Tony teased. "Told you to stop calling me that, silly." She chuckled as she started eating. "Why madam? Only Helena is allowed to or what? You should know ma'am, the name suits you well." He said as he too started to eat. "You crazy, you know that." She shook her head, smiling. "Crazy bout you." He replied, she just kept quiet and they ate in silence. "When will Frank be coming back and how long is the court gonna take on Wayne and Fred's case?" Katie asked some minutes later. "I checked two days ago and I think the hearing would be some weeks from now. Its being postponed because no one has paid the fees." Tony replied. "Good, buys us more time to gather enough evidence to send them all to jail at once. And Frank?" Katie asked. "He is kinda busy with his work but he promised not to miss the trial. Its better he stayed away so Georgina would not be able to make him a witness or threaten him with Jenny. I wonder why she hasn't paid the fees if she really wants to send Fred to jail." Tony remarked. Katie was lost in thoughts for a moment. "Maybe that's not her plan afterall. Like for real I wonder what she might be planning right now and I sincerely hope I'm ready for any attack she might place." She said. She felt Tony's hand on hers. "Don't worry, you are the strongest Lady in the world." He told her and she smiled. He had told him about what Helena said about her father, whom she found out to be Curtis and they were still gonna find out what really happened to Georgina's husband and why she blamed Katie's parents for it. They had a lot on their hands.
"Katie....." Tony called as she was about walking to her room to rest after lunch. Something he himself convinced her to do. "Not Madam? Interesting." She smiled but his face had changed. "I wanna talk to you, our last conversation before that operation, we didn't get to complete and now that we close, I am obliged to ask." He started as they both had their seats. Of course she knew what he was talking about, maybe it was the right time to talk about it. Besides, she wasn't feeling sleepy in the first place. "Oh yeah." She muttered. "Katie you said something about spilling the beans, what exactly did Fred tell you that made you act strictly towards me? What game were you talking about?" He asked. "Well you should be the one telling me about the game you had with Fred about playing me and knowing who would win me first, please talk." She said back. He sighed and paused for a while. "You are getting it all wrong Katie, you are getting everything all wrong and whatever Fred told you might be from his side, not mine. Actually I was still working for Georgina then but I had started having plans of going against her and telling you the whole truth. I won't lie to you Katie, I wasn't under pressure or whatever when I made that deal with Fred. The only way to get you on my side so I could tell you the whole truth was by getting close to you once again, and that wasn't possible when I noticed you were already attracted to Fred. Look how you reacted when I tried to talk to you, you would never have heard me out nor believed me, that was how I used Georgina's sources to get in touch with Fred and I found out about your date, the only way to meet you again was on the date, so I pretended it was a coincidence that I appeared at the venue of your date. I had the opportunity to get close to you. I made the deal to know how far Fred could go with you and the chances I had with you. I never intended on playing you. I was already in love with you then, believe me Katie, I was. Maybe it was Fred's intention but it was definitely not mine." Tony said. Katie's heart beat fast, she had been wrong about him and right now she knew he was telling the truth, he had the same eyes he had when he was telling her everything about his life. Maybe he hadn't been playing her afterall, her heart melted towards him. But she couldn't love him, she didn't even think she could love again, she would never allow herself to, never, but she intended on having a relationship with this guy. Love wasn't all that mattered in a relationship, love wasn't essential in a relationship. When there is respect, friendship, trust, care and companionship -she and Tony already had all that in common- it would work out just fine, life already taught her that, she wasn't the same girl that used to dream about loving her right man and living happily ever after, life doesn't give one happiness, one gets it by oneself.
"I'm sorry for misjudging you, I am so sorry." She murmured as he drew her close to him. "Its okay madam." He teased and before she could smile, his lips landed on hers and they were caught up in a passionate kiss. That afternoon they had sex for the first time, oh they did, it was intense and pure.
They both woke up late in the evening on the bed smiling unendingly at their new found relationship. They were both happy, that was all that mattered. "Guess we should continue searching, we might be lucky this time around." Katie said, trying to get out of bed but was held back by Tony. "Oh madam, I still wanna stay with you for five more minutes." Tony said, kissing her arm. "Oh Mr, you said that twenty five minutes ago, common get up now and let's get to work." She waved his hand off and stood up to get dressed. "What can I do? You are the madam." He feigned a disappointed baby face which made Katie laugh before growling at him to get up. "Okay okay." They both dressed up and went to her study room to their different computers. They got to work, Katie was busy trying to gain access by hacking the server while Tony was tracing the possible locations where Georgina could be keeping her hostages. Also while waiting for access, Katie tried to know more about Curtis and his unfortunate death. They ate some snacks while working.
"I got it, yes, I got it Tony. I'm in." Katie screamed and jumped up hard just as the screen showed 'access granted'. Tony rushed to meet her. "Wow Katie, brilliant, wooow. How did you get it?" He asked. Katie drank from her glass of juice and sighed before replying. "It was guided by the police force security all long. Georgina paid them to keep her secret. I just thought about the police and how they hadn't investigated further on my parents' death, then I hacked through their security system and boom, access was granted." She explained and stood up to embrace and kiss Tony. They settled down to check the activities of that night. As they were about to, Katie's phone rang and she regretted not switching it off to avoid disturbance. Tony urged her to answer. She picked and was shocked at the message she received. She freezed. Tony asked her impatiently to tell him what was wrong but she was void. She later found her voice. "Fred is missing, he has been missing for the past week."

New chapters available Click the link ....Full story? Click this link http://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS? http://www.donsimonii.com/p/story.html?

3 Likes

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Ann2012(f): 4:28pm On Apr 28, 2018
Interesting story you've got here, I'm stuck till the end. Can't wait for Georgina and her kids to meet their end. Keep the updates coming
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ann2012:
Interesting story you've got here, I'm stuck till the end. Can't wait for Georgina and her kids to meet their end. Keep the updates coming

New updates by 1am tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 8:28am On Apr 29, 2018

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 1:56pm On Apr 29, 2018
chapter 41 and 42 now available on https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?max-results=5
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 11:01am On May 01, 2018
chapter 43 available this evening or tomorrow on https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?max-results=5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What is the difference between English literature and literature in English / Ola Rotimi's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 418
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.