Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Story, Love Happens By Laura - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story, Love Happens By Laura (22625 Views)

When Love Happens / TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) / Revenge (kismet) Short Story By Laura Oreva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 7:34am On Jun 14, 2018
Divepen lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 7:24am On Jun 15, 2018
Chapter 43
Katie made sure she closed the door tightly before gently going to sit down and taking her phone out, she put it on video recorder to record what Mr Stiles had to say. Her heart was beating fast, this man knew what she had been trying to find out for long, how? What did he know? Only one way to find out. "Who is Curtis? And why do you say you know who killed him and why my father was framed?" Katie asked, getting impatient. The man shared the same feeling, he might say he wasn't scared of death but in a way he was, he wanted to rush everything out obviously before he was killed. Well, Katie would never let him die, she would do her best to protect him. "Curtis Jefferson is Veronica or Georgina's late husband whom she killed herself and to get blood out of her hands, decided to frame Henry Laurens and his wife, Regina for it. I was an eye witness and everything happened right before my eyes. This is the main reason Georgina is after my life and wants to kill me because I am the only one left to expose her secrets after killing both Henry and Regina. She had made an attempt on my life already by pushing my car down the cliff with the hope that I would die with her secrets, that was after she kidnapped my wife and pretended to be her. She is a terrible woman Katie and she would stop at nothing to get what she wants." Cameron said. He was forcing himself to speak, determined to let everything out before he either lost his breathing or something else happened. "So Mr Stiles, what and what did you see?" Katie asked him, more for her curiosity than for the sake of the evidence they were making.
"Let me start with the story so you will understand perfectly." He swallowed. "They are three sisters, the story of their lives, only them could tell you, but I know they separated. It was after they separated due to property and all that, I married Vanessa. The three sisters stayed separately for a while, but coincidentally, their husbands knew one another. I, Regina's husband Henry Laurens, and Veronica's husband Curtis Jefferson were business partners and close friends. I wouldn't say much about my being friends with Henry but Curtis was for sure my close friend. We didn't know our wives were sisters until later when Vanessa told me everything about Veronica and how Regina was only their adopted sister. That's how we all were related without our wives settling their differences. Curtis found out about Veronica from my wife and since then, his marriage with Veronica hadn't been the same. Veronica blamed her for that and maybe that was the reason she kidnapped her. Curtis became extremely watchful with Veronica, monitoring her every move so she wouldn't do anything to her sisters for the wealth. Even I kept my distance. Then one day Curtis called me to meet at a bar where his wife couldn't find us, I obliged and went to see him because he said it was extremely important. That was where he told me about what he found out about Veronica. She was planning on getting all the wealth and fortune from Regina and her husband and the only way she could get that was by killing them, she wanted to kill both husband and wife. This scared Curtis a lot that he didn't know what to do. I was also scared because part of the property was in my care also, she might come after mine and my wife's lives, maybe our little kid too, Frederick. Curtis was terrified of his wife and he must have shown it in his behaviour at his house because Veronica found out in no time that he knew something. For Veronica to plan to kill her own sister even if adopted, much more him, Curtis, her husband. This was what scared Curtis that Veronica might be after his life since he knew her secrets, he decided to warn Regina and her husband fast so they could protect themselves and their little baby, you." Cameron smiled wearily, obviously still forcing himself to speak, faintly but determinedly. Katie paid close attention, not taking her eyes away from the man.
"He planned to meet them at a field in the night, he informed me and asked me to pay close attention to Veronica so she wouldn't come after him before he had told them. I was watching her all night. But I think she already knew Curtis was meeting the Laurens, suddenly, she left her house and started driving in the direction, I followed her. I never let her off my sight all night, I followed her till she got to the field. There I saw Curtis walking towards Henry. At the moment I thought it was only Henry that was there, coming to meet Curtis but far behind, I saw Regina waiting too. Guessed Henry had told her to stay behind so he could hear what Curtis had to say. Curtis met with Henry for some minutes, I doubt if he was able to tell him anything. Then I heard a gunshot, it pierced through my ears. I strained to look at who Veronica shot, it was Curtis, her own husband. She had shot her own husband in cold blood. The crazy thing is, she had wanted to shoot Henry so he wouldn't be able to hear anything but Curtis had gotten in the way, I could see the fear in her eyes when she realized she had shot her own husband. She was frightened, I could see her hands shake in disbelieve. Just then, I saw her take a picture of the incident where Henry was trying to help Curtis, I knew right then what she was about to do, she was going to frame Henry, that was when I quickly took pictures of her on the field, holding the gun and sweats of perspiration all over her face. Guess she saw me take them. She looked in my direction and saw me. She got more scared and started walking towards me, that was when I ran to my car. I left the scene but not before I saw Veronica going back there, pretending as if she just arrived, trying to save her husband and shouting at Henry. That was how she framed Henry for everything, something he did not do." Cameron explained. Katie sighed, it was a great relief to know that her parents would never kill and they didn't kill anyone, they were just being blamed for a crime they didn't commit, Georgina did everything and just for wealth? She knew her parents were not like that, she just knew it. They had been murdered and accused innocently. This was all the evidence she needed to send the bitch to jail. Katie proceeded to turn off the recorder but Cameron stopped her. "What's that?" She asked. "I am not through."
He continued. "Told you Veronica saw me, she did and she knew I had evidence against her, she came after me then. She threatened and blackmailed me. It was later she sent assassins to kill Regina and Henry, she was still after the wealth. She killed them and no one had any proof against her, that woman is smart I tell you. It was because of the evidence I had she kidnapped my wife I think, she used her to threaten me to give her the evidence, but I didn't. Someone had to put her to book. It was the same reason she came to live with me and my son and terrorized us, hoping to make me give up even after faking my wife's death. When she saw that I wasn't going to give her anything, she decided to leave, or maybe that was when she decided to kill me. Because when I found out Vanessa was still alive, I went after her and traced where she could possibly be, that was when Veronica used her car to push mine off the cliff during my search. I would have died, but someone came to save me. That's the reason I am handicapped, the accident was ghastly, too ghastly and horrible." Cameron started crying. Katie's heart bumped, she felt sorry for the man. He became disabled while trying to protect the evidence he had against Georgina. She wouldn't allow his sacrifice to be in vain, never, she would avenge him and give him his happy life back even if she won't be able to cure his disability, she would bring both his son and wife back, she promised herself. "Its okay Cameron, we are going to make her pay for all she has done, but we all have to stay strong together, okay?" Katie tried to console. "You won't understand young lady, the terror of falling that high. I was just moving and the next thing, I saw her damn car, she raced towards me and hit my car off." Cameron continued weeping. Well, that was a hit. The security footage must have everything that happened on it can't it? It could also be an evidence and even if it won't be able to see the face of the pusher, it would at least catch the plate number. Katie smiled. They still hadn't viewed the evidence she hacked from the police department, the one they were about to view before the news of Fred's disappearance came to her hearing. That one would back Cameron's confession up and the evidence Cameron had. Oh yeah, she couldn't wait to inform Tony about all of this, they have gathered some evidence and God helped them they would get more. Vanessa's confession would be relevant too after they have saved her which she was sure they would. Georgina was going down! She switched off the recorder and put her phone in her purse, not after sending the recordings to Tony, Frank, her laptop and two other gadgets, she couldn't help loosing an evidence as important as that. She stood up to leave, she needed to get the man safe, she would have to take him out of town for now. If there was nothing Fred would appreciate her for, he would surely be happy she kept his father safe. "Lady, the evidence is buried underground right in front of your father's grave. Please get justice for their death." Cameron said. Tears dropped from Katie's eyes, they started rushing but she quickly cleaned them. She smiled at Cameron. "Thanks, and yes, I will." She left then. She ran to her car crying profusely. She remembered her parents. Oh gosh, she couldn't help but do. Their lives had been cut short. All for a crime they didn't commit. She had been kept an orphan, tormented during her childhood and punished for what she didn't do. She remembered when her mother would always take her out for a walk every morning, how she helped her carry first in all her competitions, how she would leave everything she was doing just to meet her if a pin hurt her. She would always come to wake her up every morning and played with her. They had always been together. And dad, many men would leave the responsibility of the children to their wives but dad never did, he was always there for her when she needed him, he helped her win the dad and daughter competition. They were the best parents, they really were. Katie cried hard while in the car again. She had suffered a lot, it was just too much, too much.
She finally wiped her tears and drove off. She needed to get passports and book their flights. She would need to use another name for both she and Cameron so Georgina wouldn't be able to trace their location. She should better act fast. She parked at her house and rushd inside to meet Tony. She found out he was impatiently waiting for her too. "Woow Katie, bravo. You gat a very good evidence, I already made it into cassettes that there is no way we can lose all, Georgina can't get her hands on all, you did a very good job. WWooooow." Tony said immediately she entered. "We gat a prob Tony, forget about that good job. Cameron's life is in danger." She told him all Cameron said about threatening him and also told him her plans. "Then we had better be fast. I don't trust Georgina." Tony said and offered to drive her to the airport while she booked and changed names online through hacking. They were about going when a knock was heard. Oh gosh, it shouldn't be who she thinks it is, Katie thought before opening the door but it wasn't Georgina, it was the police. What were they doing here? If they were gonna come to her house, why ask her to be the one breaking the news to Cameron? Well, it was to her own benefits. "Hey, going somewhere?" One of the policemen, the one she worked with on the search for Fred asked. "Oh hey Mr Hudson, sure, obviously I am." Katie replied, ignoring the obnoxious looks from the four men that came to invade her house. "Running away maybe?" Hudson asked again. "Excuse me......" Katie was about to take offence before she was interrupted by Hudson. "Miss Katie Laurens, you are under arrest for the disappearance of Mr Frederick Stiles and the death of Mr Cameron Stiles." Katie's heart dropped.
PLS DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, YOUR COMMENTS SPUR THE WRITER TO KNOW HOW TO PLEASE YALL

CHAPTER 49 available now https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?max-results=5

Mynd44, divepen, lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Ann2012(f): 11:44am On Jun 15, 2018
Let me read chapter 49, thanks for d update
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 2:17pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ann2012:
Let me read chapter 49, thanks for d update

wink thanks, dont forget to read other stories too
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by teanumi(f): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2018
I keep seeing chapter 48 ooo

1 Like

Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by itsandi(m): 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2018
Interesting update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Parollawd(m): 10:15am On Jun 19, 2018
last chapter now available https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Parollawd(m): 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
i just discovered some errors on the last chapter...we will post the proper one tomorrow https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by infonewsnigeria: 7:37am On Jun 21, 2018
Chapter 44

Katie sat down quietly on a bench at the police station with her left hand cuffed to the iron beside her. She couldn't think properly. Georgina was framing her for this? Like for real. For what she herself had done. That woman is impossible. But Katie just smiled, she smiled hard. Her downfall was approaching and Katie would enjoy it to the core. She would enjoy disgracing Georgina in public, she would make her popular right before she was hanged to death. Katie had plans, she really did. It might be brutal and crazy but Katie was past caring, especially not for horrible animals like Georgina. She didn't feel anymore and all her head seemed to think was revenge, revenge, revenge. Georgina would suffer and be disgraced right before she was convicted or maybe killed. Katie didn't want an easy death for her, she wanted her to serve life imprisonment with a special kind of hard labour and she intended on spending any amount to make that happen. It was a matter of time. And Wayne, oh Wayne. For all what he had done to her, he would receive double, Katie had plans for him too, a very bad 'insane' plan. Katie smiled hard again, ignoring the questioning or many curious looks of the police staff. The place was bustling, criminals here and there, noise, lines were ringing everywhere, footsteps were nonstop. She felt suffocated. Not only was she taught how to fight in her defence classes, she was taught how to get out of situations like kidnapping and being held hostage and she could be out of there in a minute if she wanted to but she wouldn't, she couldn't help being on the run, it would be a win for Georgina, she would have to do this the law way. She was just waiting for Tony to come and bail her so she could leave this darn place and continue her search for Fred and more evidence. This made her smile again, thinking about the evidence they already had. Maybe the smile was fake, maybe she was hurting inside, maybe she was lying to herself, maybe it was all a façade. Maybe she was just using it to cover the fact that Cameron was dead, maybe she didn't want to look affected which in fact she was, only she could never cry in public. But she was hurting inside, she was going crazy, she was getting insane. He had warned her, he knew Georgina better than her and knew she could strike at any moment, it was why he was adamant not to make her leave till he said his piece. Now she couldn't protect him, she was too late and unable to protect him. She had trusted the wrong people to guide him, she had told the nurse to tell the administration about his life being in danger, turned out she herself was working for Georgina. She was even here to testify against her, saying she saw her run to her car after killing Cameron. Don't people even have conscience? How much did Georgina even give her that would be enough to make an innocent person go to jail? Katie shook her head in disgust.
"Ma'am, someone wants to see you." A cop told her, she hoped it was Tony, he needed to get her out of here so she could do justice to Georgina. Cameron was dead, she just couldn't get that out of her head. She remembered his last words, 'get justice for their death', Justice, justice. He always wanted that. He was dead? Cameron was dead. Katie's heart ached. How would Fred react to this? How would he feel? Cameron was his life and soul right since before she met him. He had married him all his life, taking care of him, sharing his entire life activities with him, never leaving his side. He would be heartbroken, he would be shaken, he wouldn't be able to take it. He had lived part of his life without his mother and now that he was about to have her back, he lost his father. Katie blinked back tears which were rapidly clouding her eyes. Could anyone be more heartless? She ruined a whole family, Georgina ruined a whole family. The worst mistake she made, was killing Cameron, now she can't escape what is coming to her, like hell she would. "Oh hello, Miss murderer." Katie looked up to see Georgina holding a file. So it wasn't Tony but this crazy woman. She made a mistake coming to see her. "Its a pleasure meeting you. Oh my, I heard what happened, why did you do this Katie, why did you kill Cameron and tell us where Frederick is." Georgina made a funny face. "Cut it off bitch, there is no one watching." Katie smirked, knowing what to do with her already. "Or maybe Miss Veronica, would you be kind enough to tell us why you had an affair with Mr Cameron before he became handicapped some weeks after his wife was presumed dead and you went to live with him." Katie asked loudly in a way that got both criminals and officers' attention. They all turned to look at them. "Well..... Well that's normal, my husband just died too, you can hardly call that adultery." Georgina tried to defend herself. "Oh yeah I wouldn't call it that, except when you started having something going with your neighbour while staying with Cameron, Mr Robin, remember him? And that was even during the time you were going on dates with your business partner. Are you really this shameless? Despite having three grown up kids, you still sex every man that comes your way?" Katie querried. Everyone present started murmurring, showing disgusted faces and making unpleasant comments. Katie smiled, a little disgrace would do the trick. She wanted to humiliate the woman in public, she was just getting started, let her see what she would do when she got out. "What are you talking about." Georgina asked, feing uncomfortable and trembling. Katie smiled, unable to stand with her hand cuffed to the iron. "You can also tell us why you keep changing names, from Veronica Diamonds, to Mrs Jefferson, then Mrs Stiles, and now 'Miss' Georgina Huckings. Who is Huckings? Your new husband? But why 'Miss'? Oops, maybe you changed your name to get another rich man you can use and dump, like Mr Leonard? The man who you made to will all his property and companies to you so you can be a successful business woman and the talk of the town. Will you tell us how you stole away his property and came to settle down in Danpa with his money?" Katie asked again. The rapidly growing crowd murmured once again. Well, guess her hacking training paid off afterall, she got all her information through that.
"Oh gross Georgina, you did all of this and you have been pretending all this while, you are a shame to the society, you don't belong here." Someone from the crowd said. Georgina tried to defend herself but Katie quickly whispered to her. "I have an evidence about how you killed Curtis, you don't want me to share that now do you?" Georgina froze while Katie smiled as she kept shut when another person said. "We have been living with a prostitute all this while, you deserve to be stoned to death." Well, unfortunately for her, one of her business partners happened to be present trying to bail a criminal while he got caught up in the drama. "So I have been in a business deal with a LovePeddler, darn it, I'm so getting out of here and business with you. And I will make sure others know they have been working with a thief all this while." He went out after that. "What a disgraceful woman." The crowd exclaimed. "Oh yes, that's the least of the crimes she has committed, but never mind about that, with evidence, we will all put her to justice, she deserves to rot in jail." Katie said loudly, the crowd nodded in unison, dismissing gently, but not without each one of them spitting on her, the cops in particular but families on a visit to the criminals did theirs in anger. Katie laughed loudly after seeing the look of anger on Georgina's face. "You will pay for this, you this....." She was saying but Katie shut her up. "No you will pay for all you have done. Just few people witnessed your disgrace here, but when I'm done with you, the whole of Danpa will burn you to ashes, alive!!! Now get lost." Katie told her while she walked out angrily. Let her wait and see, it was just the beginning.
While still waiting for Tony, her mind went to Fred. Where was he right now, was he safe? Had the news gotten to him yet? How must he be feeling. Where was Georgina keeping him and what was she doing to him? She couldn't help but wonder. "Katie....." Finally, Tony's face showed among the crowd as he walked hurriedly towards her. "Get me out of here already, I'm getting worked up." Katie told him as he proceeded to sit beside her. "Katie we weren't granted bail." Tony told her, she gasped. "Why? Not like I'm gonna run away." Katie said, starting to get annoyed and irritated. "They said its a murder case and they wouldn't let go until you told them where Fred is right now." Tony replied. Oh gosh, how would she do that when she didnt even know. "What are they even accusing me of exactly and what are their reasons. Why am I a suspect?" Katie wanted to know. "There were eye witnesses who saw you walk out with Fred at the club meeting and it was on that same day he got missing." He explained. "How come no stupid eye witnesses saw me leave his car and walk to my own before driving away?" Katie asked angrily. "They also have a security footage of you, running to your car hurriedly at the clinic, minutes before they found out Cameron was dead. You were the last person to visit him." He said. Could people be dumber? How would she go through necessary procedure to see the deceased at daybreak and end up killing him at the watch of everyone and still be waiting patiently in her house? Do people kill at daybreak? And if they do, would they allow everyone to see them at the spot and know they were the ones who did it? When the Bleep will the cops be efficient? Katie sighed angrily. "In order to get you out, we will need to show them the evidence about Georgina and all she has done. We will need to prove its not you who did it." Tony was saying. "No, not yet, we need to get Fred, Jenny and Vanessa from her hands first, else she would threaten us about them. I don't want her to harm them when she realizes her secret is out. If she doesn't have them, she wouldn't have anything against us." She told Tony. "Brilliant, but how will you get out of here?" Tony asked, that was the problem. She wouldn't be able to do anything if she was stuck here. They would have to come out with a plan, none that doesn't involve her escaping in the end. Just as she was about to say something, Hudson, the captain in her case, approached them. "So Katie, when are you going to tell us where you are keeping Frederick?" He asked when he got to them. "When you are ready to believe I did nothing." Katie said to him. The dude was too young for the job, how would he be the lead captain on this case. Katie doubted if it wasn't his first mission. "The evidence points to you Katie, all of it. You have been hiding under a camouflage all long. Why would you go to the clinic if you didn't have something in mind? You never went there before." Hudson said. "Are you kidding me? I got a call from you guys asking me to go give the news of Fred's disappearance to Cameron, it's why I was there in the first place." Katie told him, what was he even saying? Weren't they the ones who sent her there? "Stop trying to cover up Katie, no one called you from here and Detective Bradford was assigned to do that, not you. You aren't even a relative." Hudson said. So it was a trap after all to frame her. Georgina did it to frame her. She had been suspicious when the caller was unknown, she should have known it was a trap. "You are talking Nonsense." Tony said to Hudson. "Well, I am sorry but you have to be taken to prison now." Hudson moved to remove the handcuff. "Katie isn't going anywhere." A voice said from behind, they all turned to see Helena, looking frail, approach them slowly. "You can't take her because she hasn't done anything and all of this, is the doing of my mother, Georgina. I have proof."

source: https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2018
Chapter 45

"Uhm....what are you saying?" Hudson asked Helena as she walked closer to them. The babe sure looked frail and pale like she was malnourished her whole life. Could few weeks out of luxury really make someone this pale? She looked starve in her short almost-faded blue gown which had obviously outsized her with no jewelry on. That's what you get for depending on your mother all your life, Katie thought. She was receiving her own punishment though having made the right choice, but it wasn't enough, Katie still had plans for her. She showed no mercy anymore, it's what they turned her into, now they will enjoy the fruits of their labour. "Katie is innocent, you are under the wrong assumption and I have proof to back it up. My mother is behind all of this, she is just trying to frame Katie." Helena told Hudson whose face already changed since Helena entered. Helena was taking the right step, only God knew what made her change, at least it was for the better and Katie was willing to use her to get her mother 'who would never change'. Katie's eyes met Tony's who was as eager as she to see the evidence Helena said she had. "Show us what you've got and let's see if it's enough to free Katie here." Hudson said. Helena fizzled through her purse before bringing out an envelop and her phone. She opened the envelope and showed them the content. There were pictures of Georgina, giving money to some goons in darkness but clear enough for them to see. She was obviously making a deal with them, shaking hands before leaving, the pictures showed it all. "Now here is the recording of her conversation if the pictures is not enough proof." Helena said, then she played the recording of Georgina's conversation with the dealer, instructing him to kidnap Fred immediately he got to a place which was not stated. Nice, Katie thought, this should be enough to get her out of there so she could find Fred before Georgina did anything stupid. They could really use Helena's help and she was grateful for that, while being stuck there, she wouldn't have been able to do anything.
"Now can you see that this was the plan of my mother, to do everything and frame Katie here? She even killed Cameron." Helena said after everything. Katie smiled, she actually took a big decision to go against her mother, but that wouldn't stop her from paying for all she had done, she just reduced or let's say, bargained the price she was to pay. Katie would have laughed at that fact if the situation they were in were different. Hudson looked reluctant to work on the newly gotten evidence, why would he be reluctant to believe a lead? Katie looked at him keenly, she found out that his face looked disappointed right from when Helena showed them the evidence, why would any efficient captain or detective feel unwilling to follow the tiniest lead? Katie was right about this man not being capable, he surely didn't know what he was doing. "There is no proof to back that fact up Helena, besides, where did you get all this from?" Hudson asked to the surprise of the other three. It wasn't enough evidence? Pictures and voice recording of the culprit isn't enough evidence? "Excuse me but where and when I got the evidence isn't important right now, it is enough to get Katie out on bail, not to clear her of all charges, she is the only one who can face Georgina and bring back Fred. How is she supposed to do that if she is stuck here? Sorry but if you are really concerned about finding Fred, then you won't still be questioning me on how I got this." Helena said out of frustration with a scornful look on her face. If Katie hadn't been handcuffed, she might have hugged her. Katie had that same look too, what was wrong with this man and why was he reluctant to release her? Something was definitely wrong. "Well sorry, I need to know where you got this from so I will be sure if it's not fake, technology has advanced these days." Hudson said. "Leave that to the court to decide, right now it's not your business. I am a lawyer and I can tell you that it's her right to keep that information confidential till the case has been put to court. Let her tell the court how she got it, not you." Tony replied now, Katie knew he suspected something too. "I'm sorry, I can't release her till she tells me where she is keeping Fred, this is not enough evidence." Hudson declared. "You didn't get this much of an evidence before you apprehended me, what do you have against me? Just some witnesses and a security footage, one which didn't show how I kidnapped Fred or how I killed Cameron, none of your witnesses can't even say they saw me do any of that. So with this strong evidence, why can't you arrest Georgina too? At least you got something on her." It was Katie's turn to lash out now. She was wrong about him being inexperienced or amateurish, he was under the influence of someone, Georgina maybe. Could Georgina have paid him to keep her at bay till she finished her evil deed? That must explain why he was behaving this way. "You guys should suit yourselves, I'm outta here." Hudson said and turned to go.
"Sure you can go, I will go to court to get bail for Katie with this evidence, it will be more than enough, went there before and they wanted only little evidence. They will give me, it will waste time but Hudson I assure you, I will complain to them about your inefficiency and your unwillingness to act on the evidence, you know what that means right? Never mind though, it will only cost you your badge." Tony said and nodded to Helena to follow him. Nice tactic huh, Katie always knew her loving boyfriend was smart. Little threat would do the trick. They both pretended like they were going until Hudson called them back. "Wait.....I'm...huh..." Hudson stammered, Katie came to his aid. "Just tell us who put you up to this." She was feeling too uncomfortable in the damn handcuffs, her wrists were aching like hell. Tony and Helena came back. "She threatened me, I'm so sorry. She told me to put you in custody else she would harm my pregnant wife. It's our first child and we have been married for five years, I couldn't let anything happen to her, I had no option. She has no mercy, she would do as she said." Hudson said, she knew it, she knew Georgina was involved in this too. Could that woman stoop any lower than this? "Now is the time to make it right Hudson, free Katie and let's get the damn woman. You talking about your own wife's life, do you know how many she has taken and is planning on taking?" Helena consoled him. Hudson held the hand she put on his shoulders and slow but steady tears fell out of his eyes. "Excuse me, but before the emotional drama gets to the climax, can someone be kind enough to free me from this bondage?" Katie cut in, Hudson smiled and came to unlock the handcuffs. "Now go Katie, get the damn bitch here." Husdon told her, she nodded and walked out with Tony and Helena. "We have to hurry Katie, we really need to." Helena said on their way to the car. Katie didn't need to be reminded of that but the tone Helena used made her ask. "Why do we need to hurry?" She was suspicious. "Well my mother is leaving town in two days, and you know what that means don't ya?" Helena said. What! Georgina was leaving in two days? That could only mean one thing. She wouldn't want to leave any evidence on her trail, she would have to kill her hostages. Katie panicked, they needed to act fast then. "But she hasn't gotten the property she worked hard for, has she?" Katie asked as she turned on the engine when they were all seated in the car, she drove off. "Really Kate? You underestimate my mother a lot. She used the opportunity of the charges pressed against you to convince the judge that you aren't capable, that you are just a criminal. She was in court just today before she went to the police station. The court will give its verdict in her favour in two days, she would flee after that." Helena replied. With the way she was talking and all the evidence she got, it was obvious she had been following her mother. "How do you know it will be in her favour?" Katie asked. "Bribery and corruption is not a new thing to you is it?" Helena asked. Interesting. But one thing still bothered her. "Isn't she scared of me coming after her and my property? She isn't planning to kill me, is she?" Katie asked. Helena just smiled. "Maybe it's time you started wondering why she framed you for murder."
Katie sighed, she was going to ruin all of Georgina's plans, her era was over, it was really over. They got caught up in a big traffic, Katie used the opportunity to ask Helena what she had been wanting to ask. "Why are you doing this Lena? Why are you going against your mother? Thought you were on her side." Katie looked at her rearview mirror to see Tony, who was at the backseat trying to get a track of Fred's location on his laptop, look up from what he was doing to also hear Helena's reasons. Helena's face changed, she looked down. "I realized I was wrong all these years, I had been blinded by lies. I have been deceived and used by my mother. The worst thing was, I gave myself freely. It all started when we were young and we lost our dad, she said it was your parents that killed him and took our property, she showed us pictures of your dad, holding my dying dad. She put that anger in us, she said we must have our revenge on your family. That was how it started, she made plans to kill your parents. She did, then she told us to make their child, you, suffer and regret being born to life. She said, all of the property was hers and it was your family that took it away from her, we had to live in poverty because of what your parents did. No father, nothing. That made us angry and brutal, it turned us into what we are. She had been planning for this day for years Katie, years. The day she would get rid of all of you and get the fortune all to herself. But then I realized she was just using us, she was using her own children. Everything started becoming clear since the day Frank came to visit her while I was there. I now knew she didn't love us, she never did and Frank was right to go against her, he was smart enough to know the truth and he told us, but we were under the clutches of revenge to have believed him. She was using us to get the property, Bleep it's a fortune. It can feed five generations, it can make anyone go crazy. The fact that she wanted it all for herself and was planning on ditching her children broke me and made me see the truth of who she really is. She doesn't care for anyone but herself Kate, it was my fault, I am really sorry for everything, I'm sorry, please forgive me." Helena explained. Katie sighed, so that was the reason for their brutality, Georgina had lied to her own children and had made them pawns in her game, wooow, oh woow.
"It's okay Lena, right now is not the time for apologies, let's bring this woman down once and for all, together." Katie smiled and held her hand, she smiled too. "Well, story time over. Helena, you have been following Georgina for a while now right? Could you name the places she had been?" Tony cut in. As Helena was naming, Katie drove into her compound and parked. They all got down and ran straight to the house. Katie got to her laptop and started working on the lead Helena gave them. She worked on it throughout the night, checking possible places.
It was not until the next day that she found the plate number of Fred's car where it was parked. She searched overnight, tracking his car, not leaving the spot for a moment, she would relax later after everything was over. "I got it guys, I got it." Katie woke Helena and Tony up, where they were sleeping. "Oh Katie don't tell me you were there all night." Tony yawned, Helena too. "I have found Fred's car, and I know Georgina would be hiding them anywhere close to that place, let's hurry up, if she is really going tomorrow, then today will be when she finishes her work." Katie told them, they both buckled up when they heard the news. "Brilliant Katie, you are the smartest woman in the world." Coming from Helena of all people, Katie smiled. "We need to get there immediately." Helena said and started moving. "Wait, we can't just go there like this, remember what happened the last time, Georgina is smart, besides there will be armed men all around who wouldn't just smile and let us walk in there." Tony stopped her, he was right. Katie smiled. "Guys, I have a plan."

Don't forget to comment

for full story click https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS?
check out other stories now visit www.donsimonii.com
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 7:54am On Aug 24, 2018
Chapter 46

Fred held his stomach tightly, he was extremely hungry, for two days now he hadn't taken anything inside. Now, he didn't need to wonder why his mother was that slim. "Take, eat it my son." He looked beside him to see his mother giving him freshly baked soft bread. The fact that it was freshly baked made him ask. "Where did you get that from?" His mother smiled. "How did you think I survived all those years? I stole this one from the entrance security man, it was part of his breakfast." Vanessa said. Fred smiled back too, spending these few days with his mother had been the best days of his life. There had been no interruptions, they both had talked and talked. Sometimes she would sing for him and sometimes she would tell him stories. Most times, she would talk about Georgina and everything about her and the other times, she would talk about herself and Georgina. She even told him about all that happened with Georgina's husband, Curtis Jefferson. Most things became really clear to him. He also shared his childhood with her and told her about Katie. He missed her a lot and he hoped she would find him quick, that's if she was even searching. He knew he had wronged her and he hoped she could forgive him if it wasn't too late. Spending time with his mother was just a big blessing. In other words, being kidnapped was a blessing in disguise. It brought him closer to her and he wished she could spend the rest of her life with him by her side. And lest he forgot, with his father too. He missed that man and he couldnt wait to bring his mother home to him. They could all live happily and get away from all this mess, he would take Katie along too, he would convince her to follow them. It wasn't his plan to take her along at first, but now things had changed, feelings were involved, he would do anything to get her back. He wished he could talk to his father, the old man would be worried about him. Well, he would bring his wife to him, he wasn't going to let anyone take her from him, he couldn't wait to see the look on his dad's face. Happiness, after a long time, maybe he would heal fast then, this was the time for him to reap the fruits of his labour.
"No mother, you should eat it, you need it." Fred returned the bread to his mother. "My son, I have lived this life for years, I am used to it but you..... It's only been more than a week, you need it more." She insisted and he ate it hungrily. It would be able to sustain him till when the next food was brought, the next day or so. "So honey, when will you tell Katie how you feel about her, you can't hide the fact that you love her, can you?" Vanessa asked. His mother was right. It was the first time he was deeply in love and the feeling was strange to him, he didn't know how to express it, or maybe he was scared it was too late. Hell no, it couldn't be too late. This girl made him feel, she taught him how to have emotions, she taught him how to care. She was destined to be by his side, he would not let anyone take her away from him, now that he had accepted the fact that he loved her, not even Tony could do anything about it. "I will mum, I will tell her soon enough. All I want for her is to be happy, she has been through a lot all her life, right from when she lost her parents. She deserves more than happiness and I am willing to give her that. I will take you, dad, and her out of town, to a quiet and peaceful place, where we will all be happy together." Fred replied. He held his mother tightly. "It will all be over soon." She said. "No it won't, it's just getting started." A familiar voice exclaimed from the entrance door, it was Georgina, all dressed up like she was going somewhere. The sight of that woman irritated him. "Damn bitch!!" He cursed. "No foul language! Did you two really think it would be over soon? You expect a bird to come and carry me away, together with all your problem? No way. This is not a ferry tale that ends happily ever after, this is reality and you two, should be ready to die. Maybe it's a tale after all, but it's a tragedy." Georgina laughed out loud. She sure was having fun destroying people's lives. "Pathetic woman, Katie will be here soon, she will put you to justice and free us from this mess." Fred told her. He believed she would come for him, if she ever cared about him, she would. "Oh yes darling, she came for you, but not to get justice, but to be kidnapped as well." Georgina laughed again. What?? She kidnapped Katie too? And just to clarify his doubts, Katie was pushed into the room by the guards. "Ouuuu ouuuu, look who we have here, our darling Katie, the only daughter of my beloved adopted sister who thinks she stands a chance against me, no way child." Georgina said. How come Katie was kidnapped too? Did she plan to rescue him and failed? Oh no, he could bear this horrible woman's harsh treatment but won't ever allow Katie to suffer from her hands anymore. He was about saying something when Katie eyed him to keep shut. Fred looked in her eyes and he felt lost. By God he loved this woman, he loved her like his life depended on it. It was so good to see her again, he couldn't help but feel lost in the moment until he heard her ask "Where's Wayne?"
"Oh my darling son, he will be here any moment. Thank God he found out about yours and my daughter's plan to free Fred and my other hostages and told me about it, I wouldn't have had the chance to foil your plans and kidnap you. Since you got out of custody, guess you give me no chance but to kill you with them." Georgina said. Katie was in custody? Helena was working with Katie against her own mother? What the hell did he miss? "Well bravo, guess you are smarter than me after all, I give you credit, but since you are going to kill us soon and your secrets won't be out, why don't you and your son clarify our doubts? At least we will know the reason for our deaths right?" Katie asked. What was she doing? She had accepted the fact that she would die and gladly? What is this lady up to? Fred couldn't wait to talk to her alone. "Well well, that's true, besides none of you would be alive to tell the story, I will go get my son." Georgina replied and left, leaving the three of them alone. Katie went to meet his mother. "Nice meeting you finally Mrs Stiles, I'm Katie Laurens." Katie said. "Oh yes sweetheart, the last time I saw you was when you were little, in your mother's arms, you are still as beautiful and adorable dear, my son made the right choice." His mother replied. Well, he needed to stop her before she confessed his feelings for him, he dragged Katie away. "What are you doing here?" He asked her. "Trying to save you I think." She replied. "Now you need saving, forget about that, how's my dad? Did you see him?" He asked her. The way her face changed told him something was wrong. He hoped his father was okay. "Oh no, I hope he hasn't been transfered, I told those nurses that they should give me some time but....." He was saying but Katie interrupted him. "He is dead."
"Yeah I know, that's why I told the nurses that.......wait what? Please can you say that again?" Maybe he didn't hear well, he thought he heard her say something like 'dead', but she was about talking when Georgina and Wayne walked into the room. "Well well, we are here to answer your questions. Do quick and say your last wishes, because tomorrow will come without you three breathing in it." Wayne's voice echoed within the room. Fred wondered why Katie was even asking questions, she should be worried about her life instead, her so-called plans failed already. "Let's start with you Georgina, what do you gain from doing all of this? Why are you doing all of this?" Katie asked.
"Nice question. I want to have all my father's property to myself girl. It's mine and mine alone. I mean, how could my dad give his wealth to a child he adopted? It's extremely crazy. I vowed I will do anything to get what is rightfully mine no matter how many lives are destroyed in the process. I always dreamed of being an actress and a supermodel, I always wanted to be a star and all of that went down the drain just because my father stripped me of his money and any cash I might have gathered for myself. He deserved to die, that's why I killed him and his wife. I thought as his daughter, be would give me his wealth, but no, he willed everything to the outsider and my twin sister who didn't care about my dreams either. How would you feel to have everything taken away from you? Your home, money, luxury and even dreams? I was left stranded and homeless. How would a normal person react to that? I made the right decision by killing Regina and her husband. It's a pity I had to kill Curtis in the process, my loving husband." Georgina explained but was interrupted by her son. "Mother you said Katie's father killed him." He said. "No, he made me kill him, but forget that son, it was still their fault. As per what I will gain, I will gain wealth, lots of it and will live in luxury for the rest of my entire life after killing everyone standing in my way." Georgina laughed her annoying laugh again. "Where is Jenny?" Katie asked. "None of your business dummy." Georgina scrowled.
"You reaped what you sowed Veronica. You caused all of that for yourself." Vanessa cut in. "Do you know how many times dad and mom tried to stop you from going wild? You were bad right from the start. They did the right thing by not giving you anything because they knew you would squander it. They wanted you to change. They were the best parents ever and do you know something? 30% of the wealth given to Regina was yours! They left something for you, those two thought after hearing that you don't have anything, you would change and win their hearts, but you killed them instead. They thought they would change you, but they created a monster instead. Even after everything, Regina wanted to give you your 30% that was added to hers, but you bleeped up by sending her fiance to jail. Regina was the most loving woman I have ever met, but you killed her too. Bad blood has been in your blood right from time, you can never change because you are not human. What a pity you are surrounded by such good people who had hopes for you, hopes which you shattered. You don't deserve to be a Diamond, I won't be surprised if you are the adopted one instead of Regina.!!" His mother shouted, he had never seen her that angry before, he had never seen her shout that way before. "You have said enough, keep quiet and prepare for your death instead, I don't care about anything you say. I am leaving town with my wealth tomorrow, happy dying to all of you." Georgina shouted back and ran out with Wayne, words couldn't affect that woman, only justice would. Now back to Katie, let her repeat what she said before, he needed to know how his father was doing. "Katie what happened to my dad?" He asked her. "Is Cameron okay?" Vanessa asked him, they both turned to look at Katie. "Fred, Mrs Stiles, I am so sorry but Cameron is dead, Georgina killed him." Katie told them. Frank went blank for a moment. She was kidding right? How can his father be dead.? Did he suffer in vain? He didn't even get to see his wife again. How was that possible, father, dead? Hell noo, this was not happening, he had so many dreams for them, he had so many dreams. What happened now? Why was all this happening to him?. "He is? Wooow, interesting. What am I living for then? Finally, I can rest in peace." He told Katie. "What are you saying?" She asked. "That man was my whole life, I live for him, all my dreams and aspirations are for him. My only wish in life was for him to be happy. I am nothing without him. And now that I feel whole with my mother, he left, what am I still living for?" Fred shouted. "Your mother, Fred you are still going to live for your mother! She is right here, and if you are this broken, imagine how she is feeling right now. You need to be a man and be concerned about saving your mother's life. Your father's death is on Georgina, but if your mother loses her life, then it will be on you, only you Fred." Katie shouted back at him. She was right, though he was not in the right mind to think well, his head was banging, his father was dead!!!! "There is no going out of here Katie, we can't outnumber them." He told her.
"You are wrong about that. You actually think my planned failed, that is why I got kidnapped. But no, my plan was successful, that is why I got kidnapped." She said. He looked at his mother who had gone blank on the floor to make sure she wasn't affected by the news much before asking Katie. "What do you mean?" He was confused. "It was my plan to get kidnapped so I can record a confession from Georgina, right now, Tony and Helena are around here with the police, listening and recording everything, they are just waiting for my signal to strike." Katie informed him. "How come Georgina doesn't know?" He asked. "My kidnapping was a distraction for her not knowing what is coming upon her. Let her continue thinking she foiled my plans." Katie smiled, he couldn't help but applaud the smartness of this lady. Bravo!!!

for full story click this link https://www.donsimonii.com/2018/05/love-happens-chapter-46.html
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Parollawd(m): 7:21am On Aug 28, 2018
Chapter 47

Katie turned on the earpiece planted carefully in her ear. "It's almost time, just get ready. You got the video right? Bingo." She left it on so she would be informed if anything went wrong. Katie smiled, her plan already worked perfectly and what was remaining was how she would get each and every one of them to safety, especially now that she had no idea where Jenny was. "Wait a min, you got kidnapped on purpose? You trusted Georgina on this? What if she killed you on sight? You risked your own life for me? Even after knowing the kind of woman Georgina is? That's pretty crazy you know." Fred told her. Katie looked at him curiously, he didn't care about her, he didn't love her, so why was he concerned or feigning it? Men are just impossible. "Wait a minute, first, I didn't come here to save only you, there are other two hostages here and I can't help risking their lives. Secondly, I came here for the evidence too, Georgina needs to be put to justice, I promised your dad that. And lastly, I had a plan before I came here, I knew my chances, I thought about each and every step of this operation." Katie told him. He shouldn't even think she came all the way here just for him, but still, if Fred had been in trouble, she would have come, but she wasn't ready to admit that to him. He had taken the death of his father in like a man, he had just grieved for a little while and wasn't as broken as his mother, Katie knew he felt hurt and might live with it all his life, she just wished he wouldn't blame her for his death, because it had all been her fault, she couldn't even protect one man. Vanessa was still blank, sitted on the ground, Katie could feel her pain. She had lived so many years alone and stranded without seeing her husband for once, now she would never see him alive, never again. Georgina did not deserve to see another day.
"So madam, what was or is this great plan?" Fred asked her. "We needed enough evidence that wouldn't even be able to get Georgina out on bail even if the best lawyer in the world was on her case. We have enough evidence already, your dad told me a lot of things." She told him everything Cameron said. "We found out about your location with Helena's help and we couldn't just enter here like that, so I informed the police, with the help of Hudson, we convinced them to follow us. We scanned the place, I hacked through the security cameras and found out the hook and crook of this whole building, all the entry and exit and how we could enter and get out, where they would stay to capture all of the events. So we entered from the third story and installed our own camera, directly recording into various casettes. Then the policemen, out of uniform surrounded this place and not only that, they replaced most of the security guards, only few stayed loyal. My work was to make Georgina talk, then to see if the road was clear to strike. This building is extremely big, we didn't wanna give then any chance to escape. My kidnapping was also as a form of distraction, Georgina sees me as her only threat and if by chance she heard I got out of jail, she would be extremely careful and watchful if I might strike, but with her thinking she has me in custody, she would be relaxed and would think her plans are falling into place, she would just focus on killing us, not on any intruders. Trust me Fred, when we get out of here safely, Georgina would get no mercy from me, no mercy." Katie explained to him. Even Wayne, he would suffer twice the suffering he made her go through all these years. Right now, they just have to wait patiently for Georgina to make her move on killing them, and hopefully, bringing Jenny along. She was the only one they still didn't know her location. And her face detection wasn't anywhere in the building, maybe Georgina went to bring her because Katie knew she wouldn't wanna leave any of them alive.
"I don't understand anything you said bout the jail part. Who is Hudson and why were you in jail?" Fred asked her. She explained everything about her arrest and how Georgina planned on framing her for his father's death and also, everything about Hudson. "Oh wow, that woman is something else. Guess you ruined her plans. I'm proud of you." Fred told her. Well, she was proud of herself. Look who she had become, a fearless and courageous woman with great dexterity. Life had taught her how to be strong and face any situation. There was no place for a weak woman in this world, no woman should ever depend on any man for anything. Women should be confident, independent and hardworking. They shouldn't be under the control of anyone, they should be smart. Katie knew her mother would be proud of her anywhere she was, she always wanted her child to become like this. Maybe their death was a blessing in disguise, because she didn't think she could have achieved all of this if she was still mom's pet. So no one should ever consider a misfortune to be the end of life, it might be a way for greater things to come. There is always a good side of every bad thing. Katie smiled now, she deserved to be happy and she would do anything to achieve that, she was strong, really strong. "We have to start preparing, Georgina will be here any moment and hopefully, with Jenny. I will inform Tony immediately and they will make a move. Get your mom to control her emotions, she will finally be free." Katie told Fred. He was hesitant at first but later went to meet his mom. Katie waited patiently.
Thirty minutes later, footsteps were heard. Katie became alert and alerted Tony and the policemen with Helena. They all got ready. Georgina came back into the room but not with Jenny, Katie was disappointed. "Well, well, well. Look who is here. Finally, the time has come for me to reap the fruits of my labour by ending your lives. Interesting." Georgina laughed irritably. Wayne came to join her with three men who were with guns. Katie almost laughed, those three men were policemen, they were her men. Georgina was smart, but now Katie had outsmarted her. It was pure luck that she chose the policemen instead, Katie was scared she might have picked the loyal men to do the work. "Look at the three of them carefully, three bullets in each of their chests. They must not live, not even a breath left in any one of them." Georgina instructed. The men did not move. "Are you deaf or what?!!! Couldn't you hear what I said? What am I paying you for? Kill them now." Georgina screamed. "No they won't." A voice was heard, they all turned to look at where it came from as Helena, Tony, Hudson and some other policemen walked it, it was Helena who said it. Maybe she never thought her daughter could do anything or her own or she never thought she could betray her, but Georgina for sure looked shocked at the sight of her daughter. "Sweetheart, you are here?." Georgina stammered. Helena smiled. "All my life, you never for once used a pet name for me, you never even cared about me. Why now? That you are in trouble. Oh, you think I will go against them and support you? Oh no, but you sure haven't earned the tittle of the best mother in the world. Give me a good reason why I should leave the path of Justice just for you. What did you say mom? That I can't do anything on my own? I can't make decisions for myself? Everything I am is all because of you? Well, I am pleased to announce to you, that the first decision I made by myself in my life, was against you. And I am proud of it." Helena said, almost crying. It was a difficult thing to go against your own mother no matter how bad she was, Katie knew how much it hurt her. It was enough punishment for her, for this, she would not add Helena to the list of those she would punish. She would serve her term in jail of course, but nature had punished her already. "Can't believe after all I have done for you, you will gladly go against me?, your own mother?" Georgina wailed. "Nah, you aint my momma bitch, you don't even deserve to be called anyone else's." Helena replied and winked at Tony and Hudson that it was time to apprehend Georgina and Wayne.
Suddenly, they never planned it, they never expected it. A group of Georgina's men, more than Katie had expected, entered the room and started attacking, everyone fled. Katie didn't expect those who were loyal to be that much, maybe they had gathered some more men. Katie, Fred and Vanessa fled to a safe place, hearing sounds of gunshots. They should have expected this but everything was going on well. They were in the second story now, the only way out was the elevator and only a stupid person would board it because then, it would be no way out. Katie started thinking, she hoped others were safe. The gunshots didn't stop, everywhere was noisy. "Do you think we gonna make it?" Fred asked after they peeped through the room they were in to see a bunch of them, fighting and shooting. The funny part was, they couldn't recognise one another because most of the policemen were in the goons uniform, it made the problem and anger high. "I hope so." Katie replied. Georgina couldn't get away from this, no she wouldn't. Katie stood up to go check for a possible way out. "Where are you going?!!" Fred stopped her by holding her hand. "If we stay here for long, we will get killed, we gotta look for a way out y'know." Katie snapped. "I will follow you." He said. "And leave your mom alone and unprotected? Not the best idea." Katie told him, he seemed to think about it for a while and knowing how stubborn she was, he finally gave in. Katie carefully walked out of the room. She went straight to see a narrow passage, she ran through it and saw some goons, she quickly went back to pass the other side, she accidentally went to hide in a room when a goon was coming her way, it was where she saw a window, wide enough for someone to pass through. She ran to it and looked out from it, thankfully a pile of packed grass from the field was just below the window, it would be easy to fly through it and get Vanessa to safety before calling for back up for the others. A great plan. Katie smiled and turned to go inform Fred about this when she heard a shout. "Don't move or else I will blow off your head." It was one of the goons, he pointed a gun towards her. Katie became scared, she wasn't scared because her life was about to be taken, she was scared because she might never be able to live to get justice done and all her hardwork might never pay off. She was scared of losing to Georgina. She had no protection now, what the hell was she going to do. Then, right behind the goon, a hand showed, with a gun, and shot at the man. He shuddered for a while before finally going down, Katie's heart softened just before Tony's face popped up. "You saved my life." Katie ran to hug him tightly. "Baby, I would never let you die." He said and kissed her.
"Tony what about others? Where are they?" She asked him. "The fight is over baby, our men outnumbered them, they are all down, even Wayne had been apprehended alongside most of Georgina's men." Tony told her. She smiled, no wonder the gunshots stopped when she finally saw a way out. "And Georgina?" Katie asked. "Right here." Katie looked away from Tony to see the person who answered behind him. It was Georgina, pointing a gun to a young girl's head. "Jenny.......!!" Tony screamed. That was Jenny? His sister? Georgina brought her after all. "Don't take a step, you do, she's gone." Georgina blurted. Katie looked at Tony, his face had never been that way before, mixed feelings. He got his sister back after a long time but her life was in danger, just a step and he might lose her forever. "Brother!!!!!" Jenny screamed back. "Save me from the horrible woman please." She said. "Keep shut little devil." Georgina shouted at her and pressed the gun in a hurtful way to her head, she groaned in pain. "Georgina calm down and tell me what you want, don't hurt my sister, please." Tony pleaded. "Hmm, interesting. Well, since you begged nicely, I won't hurt her, but on one condition." Georgina smiled, Katie sweared it would be her last. "I will do anything you want, just let her go." Tony begged. "I want freedom, I don't wanna be behind bars. See this paper?" Georgina removed a paper from her bosom threw it towards them on the floor. "You both should sign it. It says there that I am not guilty of anything I am accused of and I could go anywhere I wanted. Sign or she dies." Georgina screamed at them. Tony hurriedly signed, Katie signed too and they threw the paper at her. She took it and released Jenny too them.
But as Jenny was coming towards them happily, Tony was still opening his arms to her, Katie saw Georgina point the gun at Jenny's back, she still wanted to kill her. Katie freaked out, she screamed. But from no where, everything happened fast, Katie had no idea but she saw Fred, running towards them, standing in the way of Georgina. Katie heard the gunshot then, the first, then the second and before she knew it, Fred was down on his chest and Georgina fled. It was all like a dream!!!.

read more here https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by Parollawd(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2018
Chapter 48

Katie rushed to the hospital with Fred in her car. Tony was holding him at the backseat, blood was all over his body. He was bleeding fast and slowly drifting to unconsciousness. Katie just couldn't stop crying, her eyes were blurry and she couldn't see the road clearly as she drove the fastest she ever did. Why had he done that? Why had risked his life? Katie cried for the fact that she had misjudged him all these while, had called him heartless, had thought of him as a person who couldn't feel. But this same person had taken a bullet for her boyfriend's sister, knowing fully well how much she meant to the recovery of Tony's mother. Hadn't he thought about his own mother who just lost her husband? Did he want her to lose her only son too? What the heck was he thinking!! Katie wiped her tears for the hundredth time. "Don't worry Katie, he would be fine." Tony consoled from the back with a voice which was saying another thing. They both knew only a miracle could keep him alive, no two ways about it. She nodded, couldn't even reply. They finally got to the hospital and Fred was rushed to the emergency room. Katie and Tony waited patiently outside, some policemen came to join them, Hudson included. "Did you get that bitch? Just tell me she didn't run away." Katie asked Hudson. Georgina just added to her crimes, if it were left to Katie at that moment, she would kill her in cold blood. "We caught her as she was about to escape, she is in our custody with her son, what do you want to do with them?" Hudson asked. Katie was relieved, finally Georgina was caught and it was time for her to pay for her crimes, her prayers were answered. Just that not all of them got out of there safely. Just look at Fred, fighting for his life, Katie couldn't stand it. "Just be patient Hudson, I will deal with that woman to the extent that she would regret being given birth to, I swear on my life.!!" Katie said, gritting her teeth. "Mrs Stiles, she isn't even in any state to be told what happened to her son, she hasn't gotten out of the shock from the news of her husband's death. I hope she's gonna make it and get over all of this. Katie do you think he will survive?" Hudson asked. Katie's eyes meandered to the emergency room, tears rolled down from her eyes again. "I really don't know Hudson, I don't. Right now, all we can do is hope." She replied, though she wasn't going to heed to that, she didn't wanna get disappointed even after hoping, oh no, she didn't. She prayed silently.
As they were waiting, her mind went back to how she had first met Fred, it seemed like a decade ago now, her work as a reporter and the mission that actually brought her to Danpa. She couldn't help but wish she hadn't met Fred or get caught up in any of this. She was enjoying her life at least. But no, she would still be a scared dog, she wouldn't be the woman she was now, Wayne was bound to come back and she wouldn't have had the courage to face him. All these events moulded her, turned her into who she was and this was all thanks to Fred, he played a great role in making her a strong woman, he had also been through a lot to lose his life right when everything was over. Katie cried again, could she still be happy? Could she still be joyful? After everything? God knew she deserved to be happy, she never was, she never particularly enjoy life. Her past was always following her anywhere she went. But now it was all over but she didn't find that happiness one gets from success, nah. Maybe because Fred was a part of her life already, maybe that was why she felt terrible. Upon everything he did to her, deceiving and playing her, she still felt something for him, but she just wasn't sure if it was love, it couldn't be. When love is shattered and broken the first time, it can never form a whole again, never. Fred had been through a lot, what Georgina made him see, maybe that was why he couldn't accept the fact that he was attracted to her in the first place. She should have understood him instead of hating on him, she should have showed him that he loved her but he was just finding it difficult to accept it, she shouldn't have ignored him. He had helped her a lot, in finding out about her past, he had helped her. He had even been the one to notice Helena wasn't who she thought she was when she was still caught up in her undying love for her, blaming herself for her fake death. Fred was the one who investigated just so she could know what really happened and how all the events were connected, if he didn't love her, he wouldn't have gone through all the stress. She should have known he was lying when he said he felt nothing, she should have thought about all of that and made him realize what he really felt, but she just ignored, she isolated herself from him. She knew she wasn't at fault too but a part of her wanted her to have done the right thing. But there was no going back now, even if Fred recovered, she could never go back to him. She had Tony now and she was extremely happy with him, really happy. But a part of her was still for Fred, hell yeah. All she could do now was wish he could survive this.
"Doctor how is he?" Tony stood up abruptly to meet the doctor who just came out from the emergency room, removing his gloves. It could only mean that he was done, and his being done meant he would have to say whether Fred was going to live or not. Katie's heart pounded, she wished she wouldn't be here to hear what the doctor would say. She was scared, really scared right now. She waited patiently. "Doctor tell us what's happening? Is he okay now?" Hudson asked the middle-aged man too. He should be in his fifties but he already had a pot belly and plumpy body. Katie now wondered if the pot belly was a qualification for being rich though it was common among the poor people also. This man didn't look starved though, which doctor would.? "I'm sorry fellas, he won't be able to make it." And boom!!! The bomb dropped. "There is no way he will be able to survive this. The bullet hit him at the wrong place that even if he survived, he would never be whole again, I'm really sorry." Katie half expected this but still, it hit her really strong. The tears were uncontrollable now. Why did this have to happen!!! Why!!!. Katie felt extremely shattered, she couldn't even think straight, she was gonna lose him, forever! This wasn't fair, it wasn't at all. First it was Cameron, now his son. Maybe their reward wasn't on earth because Katie strongly believed there is a reason for everything, everything that happens. Still, she felt too broken to accept that. "Are you Katie and Tony? He requested to see the both of you though." The doctor told them. He wanted to see her? How would she be able to face him at the last moment of his life knowing fully well that she couldn't do anything to save his father's life or his. How would she be able to look him in the eyes?. What had he done to deserve this, oh no.! "Okay doctor, how many hours does he have left?" Tony asked, Katie went to look at him, their gazes met. Katie could read his face, it was filled with regret and sadness. Sad because Fred was dying just because he sacrificed his life for his own sister's. Regret that the both of them hadn't even been buddies, they hadn't even been friends. They had had a challenge, he had even been jealous of him. He had underestimated him and he could never have thought in his wildest dreams that Fred would do him this big a favour. Katie knew if he were given one more chance, he would make things right with Fred. But we don't all always have second chances now, do we? "Not up to an hour, I will get the hospital priest to pray for him before he goes, you guys should take heart and hurry up, make him smile before he goes to meet God." The doctor said and left them. They were both hesitant to go in. "The doctor is right, you both need to see him before he breathes his last, you owe him that at least." Hudson pushed. They both walked slowly into the emergency room then. Tony opened the door and let her in, he followed her then after closing the door. There she saw Fred, still dashingly handsome even at the point of death. He looked just like himself, smiling widely as they entered. He didn't even look sad that he was leaving the world soon, that was Fred. This made Katie cry the more, the tears just wouldn't stop coming.
"Heard I just gat an hour left. I don't want to leave this world knowing that I left the love of my life crying now do I?" Fred said as they both got seated by his side. Katie tried for a smile, but it just wasn't working. "Common now, you both don't cry. I'm not going forever, I just want to visit God, will be back in a jiffy." He continued. Katie couldn't even try for words. Her throats were sour, her lips seemed like they had been glued together, even her eyes were blurry, she could hardly breath. "Man, I'm extremely speechless. What you did back there.... I could never have thought of doing that in this life and the next to come. Buddy we aren't even close, you actually sacrificed your life for my sister? Man, how can I even repay you for that?" Tony found courage to speak though his voice was just breaking. "By making Katie happy, that's all I want buddy, just make my Katie happy, it's the only way you can repay me for what I did. I don't ever wanna see her cry, she deserves more than happiness Tony, never ever give her a reason to worry, never leave her side. Please promise to do that." Fred told him. Tony squeezed his eyes deeper as the tears drilled for his eyes. "I promise bro, I swear on my life." He said. Fred smiled then and stretched to pat him. He then faced her.
"Katie, I have just minutes left, I think I got to tell you this. I lied about everything I said to you that day, I lied about not loving you, I just couldn't accept it. I love you, more than anything in this world. It just took me long to accept it. I was a fool to have thought I didn't love you. You are the second woman I have ever loved with my soul and mind. First is my mother, before she was kidnapped, and then you can into my life. You changed everything in my life, you showed me how to love and feel. When you entered my life, you made me whole. I had had many girls before you but all of them was to pass off time, no one ever got to me as you did. You are my heart and soul. You taught me how to be a man, you showed me that not all women are the same as I used to think. You proved that there are women who don't just want your money or enter your life for their own benefits, those that think about you and just you. I was lost in life Katie, I was stranded, I wasn't moving forward because I had no reason to move forward. But you showed me that I couldn't achieve anything by being stagnant, you showed me how to live and feel. Feeling is life. Fred months ago would never have thought of sacrificing his life for someone else, but I did, just because you changed me. For the first time, I wasn't thinking about myself but others, others. And most of all, you showed me that LOVE HAPPENS, it always does no matter how much you avoid or evade it. It happens to everyone and though it cost me my life, it made me the happiest man on earth, I have never been this happy. I am happy death came soon, because I couldn't have ever stood your being with another man, the same way I wouldn't have dared taken you from the person you love and who loves you. That's why I am happy dying, I have never been more happy." Fred said. Katie had cried all the water in her body away, Tony wasn't left out either. Katie still couldn't get words out of her mouth, she couldn't. "Do you have any wishes Fred?" Tony asked after some minutes have passed. "Yes, just one. Take care of my mother please, I had plans for us but turned out I can't carry them out. I am putting her in your hands, you both, please take care of her, tell her I love her. And tell her I am sorry, really sorry." Fred replied.
The priest came then and the prayer session went on for a while, meditation too and the burning of candles and incense, everything happened so fast, Katie didn't even realize it was past an hour already. The priest and manservants left then, Tony escorted them out. Katie went to hold Fred's hands. "Katie please, I am going any moment from now, please say something, please, I wanna hear your voice before I die." Fred pleaded. What could she say, what could she voice out? She then decided to tell him what she had been denying herself in her heart. "I....I love you Frederick Stiles. I have always had and will always do. The...the reason I can never love Tony is because I still love you, will always do." She said and that was the truth, she was still in love with him and the reason she couldn't love another man was she never got over him, and now that he was going, could never get over him. She would spend the rest of her life loving him.
He smiled and beckoned her to come closer and she went and held him in her arms. She rubbed his forehead gently. "Be happy Katie, be happy." He said and slowly but steadily, he drifted into the deep sleep they had all been waiting for.

read more on https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 10:28am On Sep 05, 2018
check out full story here
https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by skubido(m): 1:49am On Sep 08, 2018
hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 8:24am On Sep 20, 2018
Last chapter

Chapter 49
Katie got to the police station. Her eyes were pale and swollen already, she was feeling broken until she set her eyes on Georgina. Her head sparked. Hudson was beside Georgina, he hurriedly came to meet her to stop her because they both knew what she would do if she got to Georgina. "Georgina can't get off this mess, the press all had the events all over the news, the evidence against her is too strong for her to get out of it. What do you want to do?" Hudson asked as he got to her. Two deaths right before her eyes, she deserved more punishment than the Justice of the Law. Katie would make her suffer and yearn and plead and cry. She would punish her in her own way before giving her to the law to handle. "How fast can you get me a horse with reins please?" Katie asked. "You can get one from the beach, it will take just thirty minutes to get there and back." Hudson replied her. "Get me one then, all expenses on me, send your men." Katie told him and he ordered some policemen immediately. They took off to the beach. Katie couldn't even afford a smile even if it was crooked, she was just emotionless and felt as lifeless as ever, even her parents' death did not affect her this way. "What do you have in mind?" Hudson asked her, suspecting something too. "Hmmm, do you know what they call lynching? I am going to do justice for all those deaths before handling her to the law." Katie replied looking at one man that was just dragged in shout about being innocent of the crime he was accused of committing. What a life. Those that are guilty get out free, those that are innocent are apprehended. Lies and deceit and betrayals have filled the world, no love for one's neighbour anymore. Katie didn't understand how someone would derive happiness from killing another person and stealing and all. Don't they have conscience at all? If the world was all about caring for one another, putting our neighbours first before ourselves, there would be peace. We all sit down to blame politicians and government officials, theirs is better than ours because at least theirs show, everyone knows they are corrupt and all, what of us silent killers? Have we ever watched ourselves? Are we also clean? Before pointing out at others, we should look deep down in our hearts if what we do isn't worse that what they do. "Lynching? Katie but that's against the law." Hudson told her. Hmmmm, laws. What laws actually? Laws that can be bent and manipulated? Who follows laws nowadays? We all avoid and bypass it, even those that made it. "I know, but Georgina's case is far against the law, she will face the law also, but the mob action first. Will give you any amount you want, I have planned a lot for this. Any amount." Katie said convincingly. Hudson accepted and when the horse was brought for her, Georgina and Wayne were released to her on the protection of some cops. Tony, Helena, Jenny were all there with her by that time. Katie naked the two of them, stark naked with nothing on, tied them to the horse and mouted it. She put a stable microphone right before their mouths with the speaker tied behind their backs. She looked at Georgina right in the eyes before she mounted. Katie's eyes were red already. "You lose Georgina, you lose, it is game over." She rode them naked all around the streets of Danpa. She made sure she missed no Street. They were on it for hours, till dawn!!!. Georgina and Wayne were both confessing their crimes while being tied to the horse naked and walking the whole town. News reporters and journalists took videos, even the crowd that followed slowly behind them. Katie made sure they were publicly disgraced. Then the next day she arranged some girls to beat up Wayne and give him marks with harmful objects while sexing him. They were professionals. Georgina was beaten also by a crowd of people. Katie felt nothing, her conscience wasn't even working. She was blank and emotionless. She got a call from Tony that her property and wealth and fortune had been given to her and she could go and claim it, she was rich!! Rich and powerful and popular. Nothing could stop her now, she was strong now. It was all she ever wanted, all she ever dreamed of.
At the afternoon of that day, Tony came to her house after she had returned Georgina and Wayne to the police station for the right justice. She was taking a drink on her lawn. "Katie....." She looked at him but all that came out were tears. Tears. What had they turned her into, why did they kill her while she was still alive?. Why?!!! She ran to hug him tightly and cried on his shoulders for some minutes. "Tony I am losing my mind, I am losing it." She told him after she released him. "That's why we have to get out of this town for a while. So everything will be okay. Let's go on a vacation for as long as it may take. You need this, you do." Tony told her. He was right, that was just what she needed. "What of Jenny?" She asked. "I took her to mom after she decided to buy a house near Fred's grave so she could sleep with him every night. I don't blame her, someone she never knew gave his life up for her, she would never get over it. She is with mom now and mom's condition improved when she saw her, the doctor confirmed it and said in few weeks, she would be the strongest woman in the world with her daughter by her side." Tony explained. "And her son?" Katie asked. "I decided to take them along too. We will all go far away from here, far away." Tony replied. Tears rushed from Katie's eyes again. She just couldn't stop them. "And Vanessa? She is the only memory left of Fred, we swore to take care of her." Katie reminded. He nodded then came to hug her back. "Yes Katie, she will live with us in fact. I will be a son to her, she won't feel his absence. I don't know how she will take this, she has been asking after her son but I think I will tell her everything when we get out of town. She can grief all she wants then. But not for long, because I will be there for her." Tony told her. Katie turned to look at him, she held his hands and her throat shook as she was about to talk, it was sore already. "I wish every guy will be like you and Fred. Tony, you are all I have left, all I have left Tony." Katie said. He hugged her. "Katie I heard all you said to Fred before he died and all he said to you. I want you
to know that I don't care if you never love me the way a girl loves a guy or the way you loved Fred. I don't care if you never love me the way I love you. I just want to make you happy, I made that promise to Fred. I will never leave your side, I will be your mom, your dad, your brother, your sister, your relative, your companion, your life, your peace and your everything. You are the reason I live and I will sacrifice my entire life for you. All your problems are over now, I want you to live the rest of your life in joy and peace. Will you marry me Katie? Make me your husband for the rest of your life, never leave my side, let me fulfil my promise to the love of your life." Tony proposed. Katie cried harder now, she cried loudly. "Yes Tony, Yes." And that was it. Men like Tony were hard to find, men that will stand by you in time of crisis, men that will sacrifice their happiness just for you. Men that put you first before themselves, men that will do anything for you. Tony was one of those men and she would never lose him nor take him for granted. Never.
Few weeks after Fred's burial, Georgina was judged and was killed by hanging. Wayne went to jail for life and Helena was to serve some years in jail. Just five because she confessed to her sins. Katie could have saved her from it all but Helena refused. She said she wanted to pay for her crimes and the only way she could live was when she was punished for everything she had done, so she also went to jail with every other low criminal involved in the crime and had been helping Georgina with her bad deeds.
It was time to leave Danpa for good. It was the last day. She took excuse to meet them all at the airport later. She used that time to visit her parents' graves. She got there and knelt in the middle of the two graves. She placed the flowers she brought on each of the graves. "Wow, mom, dad. What a daughter you have raised. Look at me. I don't know if you are proud of me where you both are now, I don't know if I am doing things that please you, I don't know if you are even watching me. But I want you to know I love you both, deep down my heart. I know your death turned out to be a blessing in disguise. You have proved that losing a parent or two isn't the end of life because there is always a blessing attached to a misfortune. All those days of crying are over mom and dad. Being mocked in school of being an orphan, no one to show up for me when parents are called. No one to pet me to sleep, no one to listen to my complaints, no one to cry to, no one to save me from horrible experiences. But all of that turned me to who I am today, all of that made me see the world, all of that made me realize there is no place for weak women in this world, no place for dependent women. Every successful woman must have been through a lot, a whole lot and if we all can't summon up courage and face life as it is instead of wallowing in sorrow, we can never have a place in this world. Your deaths taught me a lot, it built me and I wanna achieve all your dreams for me. I have cleared your names now of the crimes you were lied upon, I hope I took the right step. Help me to move forward. Help me to be happy. I need you to strengthen me now. I love you both." She cried for a while there before moving to Fred's grave.
She spent some minutes thinking and crying before finally talking. "Frederick Stiles, I want you to know I will never forget you, never ever. The worst thing that has ever happened to me was your death alongside your father's. Why did you leave? Why? Didn't you think about your own mother? What would she do? I promise on your grave Fred, that I will spend the rest of my life at her service, I will make her the happiest woman in the world. I will take care of her. Fred that was so courageous of you, so courageous. You didn't think about yourself when you did it and I will always say, if it were to be me, I would never have made that decision. You gave up your life for someone. Guys like you are meant to be worshipped, they are meant to be praised. Only few people can do what you did. I was being unfair to you during your life, I thought you didn't love me because I loved you with every oxygen I breathed in. I loved you so much. Not only did you also prove to me that LOVE HAPPENS, look at the way we met, see the situation. How could someone had thought everything would go this way. Love has no question baby, just let it come to you. Everyone is scared of being hurt and all, but what is the purpose of loving when you aren't ready for the pain? The pain all makes us strong and able. No one should be scared of being hurt and no past experience should come in the way of love, if only we all put our partners first before ourselves, we wouldn't have to be heartbroken. Fred you taught me what love is. Love only means putting someone else before yourself. It is not a feeling, it's not an emotion. There are many definitions to it. But it is just an action. Love is not meant to be felt, it is meant to be proved and you just did Fred, you just did. You weren't thinking about yourself, you took my problems before yours, you helped me find out the truth about my parents' death and the bad side of those who I thought were my close ones. You ignored your own problems because of mine. That is Love. Yes, that is Love. If only others can love like this, if only. I love you Fred, I love you with every beat of my heart. Sleep well. You still live in me."
With that, she left the cemetery and straight to the airport where everyone was waiting for her. They all were going to start new lives, though the pain of the past would never leave them. We all shouldn't live in the past, but always look forward to the future.
This is a lesson.
Make sure to check out other stories

read more on https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/LOVE%20HAPPENS
(Quote ) ( Report) (Like ) ( Sh
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by skubido(m): 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2018
u too much OP, wagbayiii.

jah bless ya hand work
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 7:07am On Sep 28, 2018
skubido:
u too much OP, wagbayiii.

jah bless ya hand work

Thanks, check other stories on www.donsimonii.com
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 7:08am On Sep 28, 2018
Story lovers visit www.donsimonii.com now for your interesting stories
Re: Story, Love Happens By Laura by donsimoniiblog: 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
Loool
First completed work on nl
Visit www.donsimonii.com for your interesting stories

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ola Rotimi's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today / What is the difference between English literature and literature in English / Chinua Achebe With Sonia Sanchez In Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 309
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.