Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:59 AM

No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody (3693 Views)

David Umahi: I Also Belong To APC / Jimi Agbaje, Ogunlewe, Others Returned To APC Where They Belong – Bode George / Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by LIFEisSIMPLE: 4:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
Before Abuja, Lagos was the capital of Nigeria, and it was the headquarter of National administration. This means that a share of the resource from all states of the federation where channeled to this region. Federal taxes on every single Nigerian was brought to Lagos, and all this where used to fasten the rate of advancement in the state. This is the reason why only Lagos state can compare to Abuja in terms of administration.

Same thing apply to Abuja, Look how much of the money from the Niger Delta is used to develop Abuja, same goes to revenue from every other part of Nigeria. For every Nigerian who gets taxed for their profit from sweat and hard work, a chunk of this resource is been channeled back to the capital, which is used for development of the city. So any attempt by any particular individual or group to take credit the development of Lagos or Abuja is an attempt born out of bigotry and hate

If say, Benue state is made capital of Nigeria, and federal presence skyrockets to record high levels i.e CBN headquarters is moved to benue, federal Secretariat moved to benue, Presidential villa, ministry of finance, ministry of defence, works and housing, transport, National administration, Senate, house of Reps e.t.c all moved to Benue. International Airport built in Benue, Certainly the condition and lifestyle of the people there will change for better. As a fraction of the income by all Nigerians, firms, states will be re directed to benue in the name of Federal tax. Benue state will suddenly appear like an investment hub where everyone will want to do business both National and International.

So if we say Lagos and now Abuja is belongs to everybody, it is not an insult, it is just basic fact. The locals of this regions should consider themselves lucky as every other state would jump at the opportunity they have or once had.

I repeat my stance No body can colombi, Lagos or Abuja, this states where developed by the hardwork of every single Nigeria making money no matter how small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Balyz: 4:39pm On Feb 27, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Before Abuja, Lagos was the capital of Nigeria, and it was the headquarter of National administration. This means that a share of the resource from all states of the federation where channeled to this region. Federal taxes on every single Nigerian was brought to Lagos, and all this where to fasten the rate of advancement in the state. This is the reason why only Lagos state can compare to Abuja in terms of administration.

Same thing apply to Abuja, Look how much of the money from the Niger Delta is used to develop Abuja, same goes to revenue from every other part of Nigeria. For every Nigerian who gets taxed for their profit from sweat and hard work, a chunk of this resource is been channeled back to the capital, which is used for development of the city. So any attempt by any particular individual or group to take credit the development of Lagos or Abuja is an attempt born out of bigotry and hate

If say, Benue state is made capital of Nigeria, and federal presence skyrockets to record high levels i.e CBN headquarters is moved to benue, federal Secretariat moved to benue, Presidential villa, ministry of finance, ministry of defence, works and housing, transport, National administration, Senate, house of Reps e.t.c all moved to Benue. International Airport built in Benue, Certainly the condition and lifestyle of the people there will change for better. As a fraction of the income by all Nigerians, firms, states will be re directed to benue in the name of Federal tax. Benue state will suddenly appear like an investment hub where everyone will want to do business both National and International.

So if we say Lagos and now Abuja is belongs to everybody, it is not an insult, it is just basic fact. The locals of this regions should consider themselves lucky as every other state would jump at the opportunity they have or once had.

I repeat my stance No body can colombi, Lagos or Abuja, this states where developed by the hardwork of every single Nigeria making money no matter how small.

Are you among the 'developers'? grin

15 Likes

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
Lagos is YORUBALAND!

If you don't like it, KILL YOURSELF!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by LIFEisSIMPLE: 4:43pm On Feb 27, 2018
I said every Nigerian who makes any form of income so yes. What role have you played? grin
Balyz:
Are you among the 'developers'? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by LIFEisSIMPLE: 4:45pm On Feb 27, 2018
Correction. It is predominantly yoruba
JohnXcel:
Lagos is YORUBALAND!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Balyz: 4:46pm On Feb 27, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
I said every Nigerian who makes any form of income so yes. What role have you played? grin
Ah! Me? Im not a developer o. Nothing concern me concern Lagos
Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by LIFEisSIMPLE: 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2018
I guessed right.
Balyz:
Ah! Me? Im not a developer o. Nothing concern me concern Lagos
Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Correction. It is predominantly yoruba
Re-correction.

Lagos IS Yorubaland.

If you are not comfortable with that, I believe YOU CAN GO TO HELL!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Guestlander: 4:51pm On Feb 27, 2018
Exodus 20:17

"You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

I guess Life is simple is completely ready to disobey God and even go to hell over Lagos.

11 Likes

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by LIFEisSIMPLE: 4:52pm On Feb 27, 2018
Why are you taking this personal? London has benefited hugely from looted fund by corrupt african leaders. And they are aware of this. Why do you run away from truth JohnXcel. Did I hurt you?
JohnXcel:
Re-correction.

Lagos IS Yorubaland.

If you are not comfortable with that, I believe YOU CAN GO TO HELL!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by heendrix(m): 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2018
Lagos is a Yoruba kingdom anybody wey nor like this should return to his or her poto poto republic before sun set

7 Likes

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by chuksjuve(m): 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2018
Let the debate begin !!!

I came to read comment !

Bar man!!

Gimme one bottle of Malta Guinness grin

1 Like

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by LIFEisSIMPLE: 4:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
I just aired my own truth. You are notorious for quoting both Bible and Quran.
Guestlander:
Exodus 20:17

"You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

I guess Life is simple is completely ready to disobey God and even go to hell over Lagos.
Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Didn't read your comment.

I don't read stupid.

As for the subject matter, you can only rant on the internet.

It won't change a thing!

God bless Lagos.

God bless YORUBALAND. Amen.

10 Likes

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Guestlander: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
I just aired my own truth. You are notorious for quoting both Bible and Quran.

Are you also against bible quotations? You are indeed entitled to you own "truth" even if you are completely wrong.

7 Likes

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2018
There is a difference between Limited Liability company and a publicly listed company. By accepting to become the capital of a Nation, the state becomes a public entity. It gains favour in the eyes of the nation, and in exchange loses its privacy to claimed ownership

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2018
Guestlander:

Are you also against bible quotations? You are indeed entitled to you own "truth" even if you are completely wrong.
Leave am. Na one of dem reprobate minds.

3 Likes

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2018
Amen to your prayers, if God blesses Lagos, all shareholder will gain from this. i.e business owners who have come from all part of the nation get to see their talents increase from 5 to 10. and the boom in real estate value will do no harm to those who actually own houses in lagos not renters. I repeat Amen
JohnXcel:
Didn't read your comment.

I don't read stupid.

As for the subject matter, you can only rant on the internet.

It won't change a thing!

God bless Lagos.

God bless YORUBALAND. Amen.
Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 27, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
God bless Lagos.

God bless YORUBALAND Amen.

4 Likes

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Guestlander: 5:07pm On Feb 27, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
There is a difference between Limited Liability company and a publicly listed company. By accepting to become the capital of a Nation, the state becomes a public entity. It gains favour in the eyes of the nation, and in exchange loses its privacy to claimed ownership

Lagos became the capital of Nigeria when the north and southern Nigeria were amalgamated in 1914 by the British. The question of accepting to become Nigeria capital did not arise because the British did not ask for permission from anyone.
And most importantly, only a tiny fraction of Lagos state was the Federal capital.

7 Likes

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:07pm On Feb 27, 2018
We all want to our cities Lagos and Abuja succeed. It is good for national interest. The prayers should be for the growth to spread rapidly to every part of the country.
#Lagos belongs to every Nigerian
#Abuja belongs to every Nigerian

Columbi is not allowed in this regions
Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2018
[s]
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Before Abuja, Lagos was the capital of Nigeria, and it was the headquarter of National administration. This means that a share of the resource from all states of the federation where channeled to this region. Federal taxes on every single Nigerian was brought to Lagos, and all this where used to fasten the rate of advancement in the state. This is the reason why only Lagos state can compare to Abuja in terms of administration.

I repeat my stance No body can colombi, Lagos or Abuja, this states where developed by the hardwork
of every single Nigeria making money no matter how small.

[/s]Calabar was the first capital of nigeria, followed by lokoja, then lagos and abuja. But no ine is crying fowl the it belongs to all. We know who calabar belongs to. Who are you to be saying your stance, what stance. After this your nairaland ranting, are you going to lasg to tell them this and ask tgem to revoke the yoruba law with immediate effect or you will craw into your hole and continue with your smelly akpu. Cos all i see here is a complete hogwash. Lagos is a bonafide yoruba land.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Guestlander: 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
We all want to our cities Lagos and Abuja succeed. It is good for national interest. The prayers should be for the growth to spread rapidly to every part of the country.
#Lagos belongs to every Nigerian
#Abuja belongs to every Nigerian

Columbi is not allowed in this regions

Lagos does not belong to all Nigerians any more than your village or town wherever it is in Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Guestlander: 5:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:

You keep saying "I repeat my stance" as if that will make your assertion true or valid. How does Lagos belong to all Nigerians more than your village also belongs to all Nigerians?
Is there a legal basis for your arguments? For example, do you have some rights in Lagos that a guy from Zamfara doesn't have in your village?

11 Likes

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 27, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Why are you taking this personal? London has benefited hugely from looted fund by corrupt african leaders. And they are aware of this. Why do you run away from truth JohnXcel. Did I hurt you?
So you are trying saying london is no man's land grin

8 Likes

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by deomelllo: 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:

You are fighting a losing battle, move on with your life and put pressure on your village leaders to help develop your towns and villages because the status, ownership and destiny of Lagos is not contestable based on history and current realities.

Lagos remains 100% Yorubaland, governed by Yoruba people and Lagos state laws and policies is no doubt pro- Yoruba and a reflection of Lagos state's status as a Yoruba state.

Just for the sake of argument, if Nigeria ceases to exist today, Lagos is going to be part of whatever SW formulated as a country while Abuja falls into whatever the North formulated as a country.

Today as we speak, Lagos state is a member of the SW Governors forum, a member of DAWN, a member the Odua group of companies and Lagos state as a member of these groups is paying membership dues and sending state funds to these groups to help develop and fund projects all over SW states from Ogun to Oyo, Osun, Ekiti and Ondo state.

The history of Lagos state, ownership and status is questionable only per ignorant people with nothing better to do with their God given time.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Hisxellency: 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2018
more Lagos should spring up abeg... whats this incessant fight over the true ownership of lagos

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Cooly100: 5:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
JohnXcel:
Lagos is YORUBALAND!

Abuja belongs to the Gwaris...if you don't like it KILL YOURSELF...

How about that?

1 Like

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Guestlander: 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
Hisxellency:
more Lagos should spring up abeg... whats this incessant fight over the true ownership of lagos

Seriously, apart from the usual jokes on nairaland, only a brain damaged person would seriously entertain the idea that Lagos might not be Yorubaland.

6 Likes

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2018
Cooly100:

Abuja belongs to the Gwaris...

How about that?
If it belongs to them, then it belongs to them.

I am Yoruba, I am not Igbo; I don't covet another man's land.

Simple!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Cooly100: 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2018
JohnXcel:
If it belongs to them, then it belongs to them.

I am Yoruba (not Igbo); I don't lust over another man's land.

Simple!

So I am Igbo...

Lagos and all the federal investments there belong to the Aworis - Yorubas

...Abuja and all the federal investments there belongs to the Gwari - Huasa/Fulanis

...now, Igbos have nothing...

...are you okay for them to ask for their rights including Biafra?
Re: No Tribe Can Colombi Lagos Or Abuja, They Belong To Everybody by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2018
Cooly100:
Didn't read.
I don't care what you think.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: How Authentic Is This Online Poll / IPOB Attack: Igbos Can’t Be Trusted With Presidency- Junaid Mohammed / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.