Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria (24674 Views)

Natural Solution To Hair Loss, Stunted Growth, Dandruff, Itchy Scalp Etc (pics) / COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases / Nigeria Has Second Largest HIV Epidemic Worldwide:unaids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by gratiaeo(m): 2:58pm On Feb 28, 2018
Little wonder we have many adults with stunted brain in this forum. If body no grow na brain go grow?

18 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Ngokafor(f): 2:58pm On Feb 28, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Yellow garri was introduced during the war when your fathers were dying of kwashiorkor.

You should try eating yellow garri. It may help you get taller and grow a brain too.

You were not at war yet malnutrition and kwarshiokor has finished you all in the Sw...your diet is as poor as your mental capacity.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by iamdynamite(m): 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

lol... just kidding... Nice you didn't take it so serious... cheesy

I eat Amala like on daily basis...
this life no hard abeg.......... grin

7 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Ngokafor(f): 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2018
Adebowale89:

how many Yoruba eat pepper and red oil, to think you people are the second educated in Nigeria but still reason like abokii do amaze me

you people should stop abusing the logic in words, because you heard a rumour, you will start spreading it and is it not insane for an international body to be using a state to generalize a whole region and you illiterates are applauding it too

..Story!!...but any Lagos goodnews will make you and your siblings from other SW enclaves dancing shoki and mocking SE....just eat more veggies and regular protein and less of kpomo,red oil and pepper..
Bye.

22 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by enyi1: 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2018
oluwaahmed:

Oh UNICEF is an international organization, I will take their word over any other person's.
Why won't u people have stunted growth when it's only palm oil and hydraulic soup with that black shiiity looking thing called Amalia that u always eat.
Oh lawd! I feel like vomiting!!!

10 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2018
iamdynamite:
this life no hard abeg.......... grin

lol... sure. Eko o ni baje wink
Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by franudi: 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2018
The ewedu eaters, see una life.

13 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Ugo4hotish(m): 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
koladebrainiac:
Ejiofor from south yeast

wetin una expect. so Ogun state represent the whole of south west. ko ni da fn iya babe yi sha

idiot I'm in oyo, people of Oyo are hungry

17 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
I'm not disputing this report. I have witnessed their eating habit especially as regards what they feed children. In a typical yoruba setting,the parents will prefer to give the kids money to go and buy watery beans and 10 naira bread in the morning. U need to see this beans. They will line up with plates.
When the kids come back,they will give them money to buy groundnut, sugar and garri. All will be like 50naira.

In the night it's any how jollof rice or ewedu and stew with garri. Why won't they have stunted growth. Are these food? They hardly sit down to prepare a balanced meal for their kids. Even the jollof rice, u can't be able to eat it. U hardly see a yoruba woman buy dry fish in the market. They will prepare stew and put cooked egg on top. The highest they can buy is half kilo frozen chicken. Kpomo everywhere. No nutritional value.
Meanwhile u need to see them going to owambe.
And the so called owambe jollof rice is not balanced.
I ask again why won't they be stunted.
Enuf Maggi and vedan seasoning.
Phew!

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by goaldynboy: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
Okoyeebos:
The strength of the South West is not in physical bulk but intellectual sagacity.

Have you noticed that the person who can afford a bag of rice can't carry it and the person who carries a bag of rice can't afford to buy it.

Wawa pigs need to look like castrated pigs so that they can have the strength to serve others.

No wonder your BRAIN is STUNTED too! Too much Hydraulic Soup!!

18 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ngokafor:

..Story!!...but any Lagos goodnews will make you and your siblings from other SW enclaves dancing shoki and mocking SE....just eat more veggies and less of kpomo,red oil and pepper..
Bye.
Pepper is actually good for the body but one can't continue eating pepper always especially the types in Nigeria.
These people don't ever know the art of cooking meal for the children. It's very few of them. If they ever hit it big, it's pizza, chips and shop rite chicken. Are they food? They don't know that even the chicken u eat,there are parts meant for children. There are specific diets for children. They don't eat what adults eat.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Truckpusher(m): 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2018
This war isn't strong at all.

We need more firepower and counter attacks from all formations.

This is a call for war - Igbos and Yoruba ,c'mon!! You guys are too much for this lazy warfare.

I want to see blood today.... sad grin

7 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by omoelerin1: 3:15pm On Feb 28, 2018
4kDdullard:
Stop eating that shiit called amala they wouldn't listen.There should be legislation in place to criminalize the eating of that sh.it eaten by the Afonja pigs.
I can't withstand the sight of that shit they eat, I can remember the day I tried to taste it I was a visitor to the toilet for one month and had to go for medical check up.That their shitty food is not only non nutritional but also poisonous.It's high time the federal government saved her citizens by banning that poison the called food.
Something you already knew is a shit.
Something you can't withstand sighting it. Yet, you went ahead to taste it. You must be a longer throat.

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by iamdynamite(m): 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

lol... sure. Eko o ni baje wink
o baje ti

1 Like

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Adebowale89(m): 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ngokafor:

..Story!!...but any Lagos goodnews will make you and your siblings from other SW enclaves dancing shoki and mocking pp....just eat more veggies and less of kpomo,red oil and pepper..
Bye.

you deserve to be sensitive, never say never

if dem start on u people now, u will start crying to mod

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by marvin906(m): 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
Samirana360:
yea....we are here making money and u r mining skull....I cover my head

yeah..your ancestors skull undecided

1 Like

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by PastorLucifer: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2018
Truckpusher:
All the online tribal warlords are sharpening their writing skill right now grin

We have arrived! grin grin

15 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2018
I will never forget the day wia one afonja babe vomit after eating ewdu and amala

ewwww, so disgusting

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by omoelerin1: 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2018
sassysure:
I'm not disputing this report. I have witnessed their eating habit especially as regards what they feed children. In a typical you a setting,the parents will prefer to give the kids money to go and buy watery beans and 10 naira bread in the morning. U need to see this beans. They will line up with plates.
When the kids cone back,they will give them money to buy groundnut, sugar and garri. All will be like 50naira.

In the night it's any how jollof rice or ewedu and stew with garri. Why won't they have stunted growth. Are these food? They hardly sit down to prepare a balanced meal for their kids. Even the jollof rice, u can't be able to eat it. U hardly see a yoruba woman buy dry fish in the market. They will prepare stew and put cooked egg on top. The highest they can buy is half kilo frozen chicken. Kpomo everywhere. No nutritional value.
Meanwhile u need to see them going to owambe.
And the so called owambe jollof rice is not balanced.
I ask again why won't they be stunted.
Enuf Maggi and vedan seasoning.
Phew!
You must be a talented busybody, for you to be able to observed all these.

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Bitterleafsoup: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2018
ODVanguard:
Lies everywhere. SE kids and adults are the ones with naturally short, stunted, pygmy stock genes, like their equitorial guinea brethren below.
Liar I am over 6feet as is almost everyone in my family. Why do Igbos produce the beauty queens, NBA and NFL in the states are mostly Igbo boys? Jealousy stunts growth beware....

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by PastorLucifer: 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
How can you eat waste products that have been defecated upon by goats and pigs & think you will grow fat?

Afonjas are a hopeless group of wild animals that have dirtiness ingrained in them right from the fetal level.

Their 'foods' are faeces for domesticated animals but when its time to spend on meaningless things like juju, women, local spirits/gin & bet9ja, you'll see them in action.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by PastorLucifer: 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2018
Dirty, cowardly tribe

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by PastorLucifer: 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
Why are Afonjas dirty?

87% of refuse dumped on Lagos streets originate from Afonja households.

Why are their actresses so fat, overbleached & shapeless?

Why do their 'professionals & leaders' speak with the H Factor despite all the alleged certificates they read from the most prestigious unversities in the world? Why is English language a big problem for Afonjas?

Why?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by livinbygrace: 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
phayvoursky:
I LIVE AMONG CORE YORUBA'S AND I CAN TELL YOU THEIR EATING/FEEDING HABIT ESP WHEN IT CONCERNS THEIR KIDS IS SO BAD.

TRUTHFULLY SPEAKING I VISITED A CARPENTER WHEN I NEEDED TO GET A BETTER CUPBOARD; LO AND BEHOLD THE STUFF I MET THEM EATING WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO BE CALLED FOOD AND THIS IS SOMEONE WHO DRESSES LIKE A MILLIONAIRE ANYTIME OWAMBE SHOWS UP.

THE EDUCATED PARENTS KNOW BETTER.

THOUGH YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RICH TO EAT RIGHT.

You are right,though i am a Yoruba man but sometimes prefer eating food or delicacies from otherside.No sentiment.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Okoyeebos: 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:
Liar I am over 6feet as is almost everyone in my family. Why do Igbos produce the beauty queens, NBA and NFL in the states mostly Igbo boys? Jealousy stunts growth beware....

Yes. 6 feet like TA Orji and Ngige.

2 Likes

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by hornyofife: 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
In another news igbos have taken over banking in Nigeria, despite Awo's 20pounds policy

post=65443348:

LIST of BANKS IN NIGERIA AND THEIR OWNERS

1. Zenith bank CEO- Jim Ovia, Chairman, Peter Amangbo, CEO, Adaora Umeoji, DMD, Ebenezer Onyeagwu Igbo bank

2. Starling Bank- CEO Abubakar Suleiman, UK bank

3. First Bank - Adesola Kazeem Adeduntan CEO, it was founded in 1894 (as Bank of British West Africa) biggest shareholder, The bank originally served, British shipping and trading agencies in Nigeria. The founder, Alfred Lewis Jones, british firms still hold the largest shares in First bank.

4. Fidelity Bank- Nigeria, Mr Ernest Ebi (Chairman), Nnamdi Okonkwo, Igbo bank

5. Ecobank- Pan African bank, John Aboh Chairman( Nigerian), Charles Kie Managing Director (Ivorien)

6. GTBank Fola Adeola and Tayo Aderinokun Yoruba bank

7. FCMB- Oloye Subomi Micheal Balogun Yoruba bank

8. Skye Bank Plc- Mr. M.K. Ahmad Northern Bank

9. Stanbic IBTC Nigeria CEO Basil Omiyi, South African bank

10. Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London

11. Union Bank of Nigeria Plc Federal Government of Nigeria acquired 51.67% ownership of the bank, leaving Barclays Bank Plc. of London with 40% ownership. In 1979, that 40% was sold to Nigerian individuals and businesses to comply with then recently enacted banking and investment laws. The bank changed its name to Union Bank of Nigeria Plc,to reflect its new ownership structure. In 1993, the Federal Government of Nigeria completely divested its ownership in the bank. Subsequently, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc. acquired the formee Universal Trust Bank Plc and Broad Bank Limited. It also absorbed its former subsidiary Union Merchant Bank Limited. Emeka Emuwa-CEO, Group Managing Director & Director Cyril Akporuere Odu, MBA -Chairman

11.Keystone Bank Limited-Umaru H. Modibbo-Chairman, OBEAHON OHIWEREI Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer

12. Heritage Bank Plc- Saraki family Ifie Sekibo Managing Director & CEO,

13. United Bank for Africa- Tony Elumelu Group Chairman, Kennedy Uzoka Group Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer now Igbo bank

14. Unity Bank plc Thomas Ethuh Chairman, Tomi Somefun Managing Director,

15. WEMABANK Babatunde Kasali-Chairman, Segun Oloketuyi, MD/CEO Yoruba bank

16. Diamond Bank, Dr. Chris Ogbechie (Chairman), Uzoma Dozie Group Managing Director & CEO Igbo bank

17. Citibank- was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York, later First National City Bank of New York, Michael E. O'Neill (Chairman of Citigroup) Michael Corbat (CEO of Citigroup.

18. Access Bank plc Herbert Onyewumbu Wigwe is the biggest shareholder of Access bank also double as group managing Director Igbo man

Yorubas control four banks, While Igbos control six banks

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Ngokafor(f): 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2018
Adebowale89:

you deserve to be sensitive, never say never

if dem start on u people now, u will start crying to mod

Listen up dude..forget this your tribal cries,but your women hardly cook normal food for their kids...I grew up in Lagos..Yoruba women giving their kids 50naira to buy ijebu garri,sugar and groundnut as lunch was the norm when their children come home from school...Even your ewedu soup is just ewedu,water,enough pepper and salt..with some stew and kpomo as meat..

But when an Igbo woman makes soup,its dried fish,stock fish,crayfish,smoked fish,ugu leaves,beef/chicken/goatmeat,egusi,okro,okazi,oha,bitterleaf e.t.c you will be seeing..depending on the type of soup cos the list is endless....Abeg make una up-grade what you eat.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by Holywizard: 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2018
I served in a Yoruba land.
Do u know that these guys don't joke with soaked garri.
Their pattern of eating is zero.
No wonder their new born babies are like lizards

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by biggy26: 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2018
Was wondering about tinubus height. Amala tinz! grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
lol

I think Amala caused it...

My height reduced by 2' after managing to eat that stuff!!!

That meal should be banned... alongside Tuwo shinkafa... it causes dwarfism

Joke apart...

For those looking for the best investments with low risk,

These are the best investments in Nigeria with zero risk and can make you money
You no serious I swear cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by AnambraDota: 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria by hornyofife: 3:45pm On Feb 28, 2018
Holywizard:
I served in a Yoruba land.
Do u know that these guys don't joke with soaked garri.
Their pattern of eating is zero.
No wonder their new born babies are like lizards

It boils down to one single factor #Poverty.

But they will never accept that they are the poorest of the southern regions. They dont go out hence dont know others are living better than them. They use lagos to cover face which is actually the effort of non yorubas

22 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria / Nigerian Lady Dies Following Fire Tragedy Few Days After Her Wedding. Photos / Senator Ibrahim Oloriegbe Slams Brain Drain Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.