Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

God is Awesome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God is Awesome (1878 Views)

Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible / God Is Unquestionable (my Pastor) Prophet Akinade Of Lion Of Judah Is Dead / The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God is Awesome by amirize(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2010
I am writing this testimony so that those who are going through the trials and rough road I have gone through should continue to hold on to God and trust Him no matter the situation they are now that God will certainly make a way for them, God can lift up a man from dust to a throne. It's just a matter of time.

“Though you have lien among the pots, yet shall you be as the wings of a dove covered with silver, and your feathers with yellow gold.” Psalm 68:13

God is also speaking same to some one reading this testimony; just believe it and it will be fulfilled.
Re: God is Awesome by Zodiac61(m): 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2010
Selfishness and being self centred parading as piety.
Getting a green card is down to god!!!!
Do you have to be a believer to get that these days? 
Christianity has become about ME, ME, ME. as long as I get what I want, praise the Lord and screw the rest.
This so-called testimony is a disgrace.
Re: God is Awesome by noetic16(m): 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2010
Zodiac61:

Christianity has become about ME, ME, ME. as long as I get what I want, praise the Lord and screw the rest.

did u make any sense?
Re: God is Awesome by bbconsult: 11:15pm On Apr 26, 2010
Ideas generates wealth. BBC provides the right idea(s) by enlightening legitimate hidden opportunities available for you. The ideas supplied will be based on the information you sent, in order to enable you easily create wealth in your present condition by exploring it. Interested? Follow these guidelines: 1. Text to 08038092435 using the format: MTN PIN NO. (N100), OCCUPATION, TALENT(ABILITY), LOCATION. 2. Then you will get a list of ideas, which are numbered. 3. Reply by selecting ONLY one number which suits you, in order to get tips. 4. The tips sent are guidelines that will assist in your exploration, all within 24hrs. TERMS & CONDITIONS: 1. Apply 2. ONLY Mtn airtime (N100) is required, which will be confirmed before ANY activity. 3. If after the 1st tip, you are interested in getting a tip for another idea, you will send another airtime to get it. 4. communication is by text, TRY & SEE, OPPORTUNITIES ABOUND.
Re: God is Awesome by Mudley313: 6:16am On Apr 27, 2010
noetic16:

did u make any sense?

so, is giving people green card the work of the christian god. cos i can bet people who are muslims, hindus, buddhist etc also end up among the winners too
Re: God is Awesome by Zodiac61(m): 8:02am On Apr 27, 2010
Mudley313:

so, is giving people green card the work of the christian god. cos i can bet people who are muslims, hindus, buddhist etc also end up among the winners too
@Mudley313,
Thanks. Sometimes some responses are so silly that they are undeserving of any response.
Re: God is Awesome by princekevo(m): 8:44am On Apr 27, 2010
Zodiac61:

Mudley313:

Is the above comment out of, hatred for Christianity, jealousy for his unexpected success, or foolishness?
We see people on a daily bases giving credit to their ability, family, connections, wisdom, gods, etc, for their success. What is wrong in this young man who saw the bitter of Nigeria attributing his success and victory to his God?
Re: God is Awesome by noetic16(m): 2:54pm On Apr 27, 2010
Mudley313:

contrary to ur folly . . . .the Christian God remains God over all creations regardless of their beliefs.
Re: God is Awesome by MyJoe: 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2010
Zodiac61:

Unfortunately this is how much religion has destroyed some people's psyche. They have got it all so twisted up they can't differentiate between their EGO and what is GOOD or GODLY or SPIRITUAL. They have totally lost sight of the big picture. The Bible means nothing to them, except the few verses they can twist for their own ends. Op is not an isolated write-up. Pick up any Nigerian Pentecostal Church's bulletin or magazine and you will see this sort thing all over it. "Praise the Lord, I did 'last dance' and bought a jeep." "I prayed and got a visa." "Pastor said God is about to surprise somebody; it was me. I got a 1b naira contract. Praise God." And so on. I have folk around me who are into it. Sometimes when they are talking you have to turn away your face to hide your disgust.

You don't need spiritual eyes to see the vast distance between this sort of people and God.
Re: God is Awesome by mazaje(m): 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2010
MyJoe whats up, How are you doing out there?. . . .Just wanted to know of you are a Christian or a Deist?. . .
Re: God is Awesome by MyJoe: 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2010
I'm fine, how you there? "Deist" is a fairly accurate description.
Re: God is Awesome by agitator: 5:14pm On Apr 28, 2010
princekevo:

Is the above comment out of, hatred for Christianity, jealousy for his unexpected success, or foolishness?
We see people on a daily bases giving credit to their ability, family, connections, wisdom, gods, etc, for their success. What is wrong in this young man who saw the bitter of Nigeria attributing his success and victory to his God?

I believe in GOD but i don't think HE will give anybody visa to live his country to another, if he didn't want you to be a Nigerian you wouldn't have been here in the first instance.

amirize:

but thank God all was working for my own good. God had plan B for me, a better plan that what I thought.

What you are implying here is the Almighty's plan is second option, mind you statements.
Re: God is Awesome by princekevo(m): 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2010
agitator:

I believe in GOD but i don't think HE will give anybody visa to live his country to another, if he didn't want you to be a Nigerian you wouldn't have been here in the first instance.

WHo can think or imagine how God works, or what he can do and cannot do? He let isrealist(his people) suffer under slavery for 400yr in a foreign country. He actualised Joseph's dream in a foreign country(Egypt), so what is the big deal of him making someone get citizenship of another country?
Re: God is Awesome by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2010
@poster
i really rejoice with you.may God perfect your testimony.many are called but few are choosen
@critisizers
i dont tink some of you have job.because i wonder why some of you are criticisin d poster.ok i understand.as somone said earlier, JEALOUSY,
Re: God is Awesome by amodiaquin: 12:40am On Apr 29, 2010
Congrats and may God perfect all that concerns you. I am always encouraged with the verse that says, weeping may endure for a night,but joy cometh in the morning.Stay blessed
Re: God is Awesome by otitokoro1: 11:25am On May 04, 2010
I am writing this testimony so that those who are going through the trials and rough road I have gone through should continue to hold on to God and trust Him no matter the situation they are now that God will certainly make a way for them, God can lift up a man from dust to a throne. It's just a matter of time.

“Though you have lien among the pots, yet shall you be as the wings of a dove covered with silver, and your feathers with yellow gold.” Psalm 68:13

God is also speaking same to some one reading this testimony; just believe it and it will be fulfilled.

I graduated in 2003 with HND (Upper Credit) in Mechanical Engineering, after my NYSC 2005 through 2009 I couldn’t get a job. Took so many aptitude test and interviews in various companies; Saipem, TotalFinaElf, Chevron, Agip, NLNG, NNPC, Michelin, Schlumberger and others. I toiled from place to place, series of application, rejection from friends and relatives. I kept writing job applications, attended job interviews but nothing worked. Day by day, I cried and cried.
The most disturbing part was that I am from Rivers State, Ogba - Egbema - Ndoni Local Govt. Area where there are three oil and gas multinational companies. I also recall meeting PDP South South Chairman and a Senator at the National Assembly but no help came from them.

The most disturbing part of it was that I have a cousin who is the General Manager in Elf and nothing as hurting as having such a relation in a multi national oil company who cannot even afford me, contract staff position or even smaller sub companies that work under Elf.

It wasn’t easy at all but thank God all was working for my own good. God had plan B for me, a better plan that what I thought.

I repented and received Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour. I began getting serious with my relationship with God and Christ. I read my bible and trusted God totally. I closed my eyes to the past and started looking forward for a better future and restoration from God. I also began working for God as an usher.

While carrying-out the duty of an usher in the house of God, the resident pastor of the church advised me to apply for the American visa lottery. I reluctantly did because I wasn’t keen about traveling abroad. That was my testimony.

I won the visa in just that once application. Then the process began, though long process of several medical tests in Lagos, and documents processing. I passed all my medical tests. Then finally my interview September last year, I passed the interview after they rejected four persons before me, I passed with just 2 questions, so strange. Just as if the interviewer was already waiting for me to migrate to his country. I now remember what the bible says that If God be for us, no one can be against us. Just as easy as that, I got my visa. Others waiting for the interview were surprised when I walked out smiling.

Before the interview day, my money was stolen at my friends house where I put up ($775) the interview fee and all the money I had but a friend of mine emptied his account for my sake that night (talking about a situation where I had less than 12 hrs to raise a hundred and twenty something thousand) before 7am the next day being Monday my interview would be holding. Unfortunately, when I got to the embassy the next Monday morning, the exchange rate increased and I had short of N5, 000 and a man I met there at the embassy had to make up the balance for me, even asking me if I wanted more money. (The man also won the green card, passed the interview and now, he and his family are in Maryland State here in U.S)

I came back home and waited for my visa arrival and other papers. They came and here I am, ready to fly to U.S with an open visa, unlimited visa, I call it , permanent stay in U.S not a visa that they give one a limited time to stay in U.S and leave when the time expires.

Who Pass God! It was worth being patient and waiting for. His was actually preparing something gradually for me all those times of waiting, but then it looked as if I was going no where and I was stagnant in the eyes of people.
God IS MERCIFUL AND GRACIOUS!

April 22, 2010 made me two months here in U.S and within this short time; God has done much for me. I now have all my documents, most of all my Green Card which qualifies me to reside permanently in U.S
With my Green Card, I can travel outside U.S and come back to U.S without applying for visa any more? More like a citizen , all I need is just my flight tickets and my Green Card gives me legal access to enter U.S

I come to think of my ugly past and all what I have been through but though I now realized it was worth going through in order for God to position me for a better future. Some one without a job for five years, no direction and confused but now it is a different and a better story. Even after my arrival, God has continued to restore me. Someone without an account in a bank for five years, now have an international account and does online banking from his bedroom. Someone without hope, people thought nothing good can come out from him, now has a green card that qualifies him to live, study and work permanently in the world's most powerful country.

Recently, I read on nairaland about a Nigerian who tried coming to U.S by hiding in the plane's tire and as the plane took off, it tires crushed him there. The story made me realized how GOOD GOD was in my own case, no struggle, so easy because it was HIS WILL for me; moreover He did promised He will take me to a foreign land.

No matter what we are going through, we should keep holding on to God and never give up because in due time, He will make a better way for us. Just time!

This is my story! This is my testimony! Let God take all the Glory forever more!

All glory be to God! Congratulations. The Lord that have started this good work in you will bring it completion in Jesus name.
Re: God is Awesome by otitokoro1: 11:30am On May 04, 2010
ok
Re: God is Awesome by otitokoro1: 11:31am On May 04, 2010
;d

Re: God is Awesome by seyibrown(f): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2010

Abraham left where he was; Moses did; Joseph did. They all did to get to their place of destiny. If America is the poster's place of destiny, is he supposed to go there illegally?
Re: God is Awesome by esteelv: 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2010
D bible says dat we must acknowledge God in all we do, It only takes a man who is spiritual to understand dat we can do absolutely nothing on our own,such a man glorifies God in all things.

@poster,i glorify God with u.Its only Him who could pick d poor from d dungeon and make him dine with kings.
Re: God is Awesome by Rhino3dm: 7:15pm On Aug 04, 2010
Okay poter.
I have never been to embac in my life, and even when i was in the US, Europe or asia. I used to feel am serving jail term. All expenses paid by my company ??
Re: God is Awesome by shumno(f): 10:04pm On Aug 04, 2010
Our God is Awesome. Glory be to Him for ever and ever.
Re: God is Awesome by Jaylander: 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2010
Mr. Amirize, u better come to ur fatherland where u were breast fed and educated until adulthood.

this is how u people run away from ur country saying it is too hard, is it not ur benefit that MEND is fighting for.

u pple always want to eat the flesh and not crack a single bone.

u must not enjoy the good things of life b4 u will thank GOD. He says give thanks in all situations. whether na garri u see drink make u thank God.

how many pple did u see leaving USA to be african citizens. u guyz are just disgrace to ur countries. so if u had not gotten the visa u will not acknowledge the goodness of God.

i know in d nearest future u will disappoint God because u were serving Him because u wanted something from him.

i will always respect 2pac who says live and die in LA. dat was where he lived and grew up.

now u re just there contributing to anoda mans country sooner or later u will be packing oyibo poopoo/shit and u will think u re enjoying.

u better wake up.
Re: God is Awesome by ReLaTE(m): 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
Jaylander:

Mr. Amirize, u better come to your fatherland where u were bosom fed and educated until adulthood.

this is how u people run away from your country saying it is too hard, is it not your benefit that MEND is fighting for.

u pple always want to eat the flesh and not crack a single bone.

u must not enjoy the good things of life b4 u will thank GOD. He says give thanks in all situations. whether na garri u see drink make u thank God.

how many pple did u see leaving USA to be african citizens. u guyz are just disgrace to your countries. so if u had not gotten the visa u will not acknowledge the goodness of God.

i know in d nearest future u will disappoint God because u were serving Him because u wanted something from him.

i will always respect 2pac who says live and die in LA. dat was where he lived and grew up.

now u re just there contributing to anoda mans country sooner or later u will be packing oyibo poopoo/poo and u will think u re enjoying.

u better wake up.
u need to visit a hospital because u ar already going,act fast nw bcus ur brain cells are loosing life. In fact, i dnt hv 2 blame u much since u re already contented wt ur present pitiable condition,u dnt hv hope for a better living condition and i dnt think any wl come ur way since ur hopeless.
@poster,dnt mind ths hopeless jealous fellows,they are just bn jealous.God is wonderful and wl kip on blessing those that hopes and believe in him. Enjoy ur life
Re: God is Awesome by newintexas: 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2010
Congratulations to the poster. I can totally understand your joy after all that you have experienced in Nigeria. The one thing I do not agree with, which I think sounded a bit bitter is the fact that you expected your relative to help you get a job in Nigeria. Seriously, there is no law that says that once you have a relative in high position, it automatically qualifies you for a job opportunity. Having said that, I am a Nigerian that lived in the U.S for twelve years. I thought it was the best thing that happened when I got there, but the truth is if you conduct a vote, you will see that Nigerians and other immigrants are quickly disillusioned. Best advice. Get your self educated. Your degree from Nigeria will not get you anywhere. Educate yourself ASAP, cos if you fall into the CNA class or work with mentally retarded people which is the easiest job to get, you will find your dreams crashing around you. Believe it, getting there is the easy part. oh, Americans are becoming very protective and territorial about their jobs.

(1) (Reply)

If Homosexuality Is Really A Sin. . . / Tb Joshua Predicts 2012 World Hunger; Will The World Survive? / A Billion Naira Worth Of Jet Or 100k For 1000 Committed Members?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.