Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians (9878 Views)

One Million Naira Challenge For Web & Data Beginners / How Your Business Can Make One Million Naira In One Month. / Yeapyapp Is Offering Free Websites For Any 20 Lucky Entrepreneur This Christmas! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by eyesoflagostv: 4:59am On Feb 28, 2018
GOV AMBODE HAS PLANS FOR ONE MILLION LUCKY LAGOSIANS
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/02/gov-ambode-has-plans-for-one-million.html

Lagos State Government on Tuesday, February 2018, said that it would have trained one million residents on coding by 2030 to make them to compete favorable for employments globally.
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, The Special Adviser to the governor on Education, Mr Obafela Bank-Olemoh, gave the assurance at the sixth edition of Social Media Week Lagos, with the theme: ‘Closer’ .
He spoke on the topic “Teaching One Million Lagosians to Code”.
Bank-Olemoh said that global competitiveness required critical thinking and problem-solving skills which could be acquired through coding.
Bank-Olemoh said that skills to be acquired during the training would also make beneficiaries to be entrepreneurs.
“Lagos population is 65 per cent young; so, you have to give them skills that will make them to succeed.
“How do we ensure that the workforce in Lagos succeeds? Technology has to play a role.
“We want Lagos to continue to prosper and the average workforce able to deliver, ” he said.
” We also want to ensure that the average Nigerian becomes relevant and able to compete globally.
According to the official, skills acquired through coding stay with one for the rest of his life.
”That alone is beneficial to the individual and encouraging to the government.”

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Nobody: 6:06am On Feb 28, 2018
Done right, this can create a revolution in Lagos equalling Awolowo's education revolution.

Lalasticlala kindly send this to the Front Page. Thanks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by lilwheezy1(m): 6:08am On Feb 28, 2018
i'm interested pls .
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by rottennaija(m): 6:09am On Feb 28, 2018
And one wonders why Lagos state will not continue to surpass other states in both infrastructure and continuous growth?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by ajealadick(m): 6:10am On Feb 28, 2018
Hmmmm, Exponential Yahoo

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by sathel(m): 6:10am On Feb 28, 2018
fantastic move.. am really impressed..God bless you Governor Ambode. 1 million programmers..fantastic

https://graduatedegrees.online.njit.edu/resources/mscs/mscs-articles/13-experts-how-learning-computer-programming-impacts-the-world/

4 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Kmartt(m): 6:10am On Feb 28, 2018
Lagos lead others follow

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 28, 2018
Action speaks louder than words

Until I see them training them, I won't take it serious

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Yankee101: 6:11am On Feb 28, 2018
This is what I'm talking about!

Development can come through this route.

Lagos State leading the way

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Tonason: 6:12am On Feb 28, 2018
eyesoflagostv:
GOV AMBODE HAS PLANS FOR ONE MILLION LUCKY LAGOSIANS
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/02/gov-ambode-has-plans-for-one-million.html

Lagos State Government on Tuesday, February 2018, said that it would have trained one million residents on coding by 2030 to make them to compete favorable for employments globally.
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, The Special Adviser to the governor on Education, Mr Obafela Bank-Olemoh, gave the assurance at the sixth edition of Social Media Week Lagos, with the theme: ‘Closer’ .
He spoke on the topic “Teaching One Million Lagosians to Code”.
Bank-Olemoh said that global competitiveness required critical thinking and problem-solving skills which could be acquired through coding.
Bank-Olemoh said that skills to be acquired during the training would also make beneficiaries to be entrepreneurs.
“Lagos population is 65 per cent young; so, you have to give them skills that will make them to succeed.
“How do we ensure that the workforce in Lagos succeeds? Technology has to play a role.
“We want Lagos to continue to prosper and the average workforce able to deliver, ” he said.
” We also want to ensure that the average Nigerian becomes relevant and able to compete globally.
According to the official, skills acquired through coding stay with one for the rest of his life.
”That alone is beneficial to the individual and encouraging to the government.”

By 2030, this is the as the vision 2000 and 2010. I pray it happened
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by nairalanduseles: 6:12am On Feb 28, 2018
i hope our igbo state will ff instead of just committing crime
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by iamnicer: 6:13am On Feb 28, 2018
The entire universe is going contemporary, Nigeria shouldn't be left out
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Pavore9: 6:16am On Feb 28, 2018
When Lagosians prospers, LASG prospers!
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by pat077: 6:19am On Feb 28, 2018
No details as to when the program is going to start and how they are going to select the beneficiaries

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by ifrosh: 6:20am On Feb 28, 2018
Make them no later come say one student is hacking CBN oooh or make CIA or FBI no snatch them from there hand oo.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by dermmy(m): 6:20am On Feb 28, 2018
Wow. Fayose my Governor shay u see something, na kpomo u go dey cut up and down. Off to Lagos
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by akeentech(m): 6:22am On Feb 28, 2018
dermmy:
Wow. Fayose my Governor shay u see something, na kpomo u go dey cut up and down. Off to Lagos

Good development
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by blaise00700(m): 6:24am On Feb 28, 2018
Woow great,

The problem is since Lagos to some people is "NO MAN's LAND", how does the Lagos state govt prevent "intruders" from depriving true Lagosians from this wonderful opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by jericco1(m): 6:27am On Feb 28, 2018
a welcome development

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by nrexzy: 6:27am On Feb 28, 2018
Sounds good buh 2030 far na

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by blaise00700(m): 6:27am On Feb 28, 2018
nairalanduseles:
i hope our igbo state will ff instead of just committing crime

Anu ofia
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by nairalanduseles: 6:29am On Feb 28, 2018
[quote author=blaise00700 post=65430848]

Anu ofia[/quote

ni e
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by DONFASZY(m): 6:33am On Feb 28, 2018
Can Ambode rule Nigeria for 1 Month
Let's see
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Dreydoe(m): 6:34am On Feb 28, 2018
Yimu..na so dem dey always talk...akara

The Lstef programme partnered by Lagos state to empower unemployed youths dint live up to expectations atall, After all the rigours training, the batch 1 who have successfully concluded the program have not seen transportation fare- promised to them and even no jobs placement..

All na Akaraa..liars
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by max009(f): 6:35am On Feb 28, 2018
Interesting
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by dingbang(m): 6:40am On Feb 28, 2018
When you see a wise person, you will know
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by miniziter(m): 6:41am On Feb 28, 2018
You mean they want to train more hackers and "yahoo yahoo Boiz"? Because what has an advantage will surely has disadvantages.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by obembet(f): 6:42am On Feb 28, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Action speaks louder than words

Until I see them training them, I won't take it serious

This is Ambode not your flat head Governor
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by coalcoal1(m): 6:43am On Feb 28, 2018
initially, when I saw the headlines, I thought they'd be training 1 million people this year
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by purem(m): 6:44am On Feb 28, 2018

People just be praising ambode thought that longetivity of a promise makes it disappear like mess

Election is around the corner, ambode doesn't need a unfulfillable lies to make people vote him in, we all know that nobody will rule Lagos State in the next election except him.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by royalamour(m): 6:48am On Feb 28, 2018
Wow! This is Amazing.

I wish I could benefit from this.
Re: Gov Ambode Has Plans For One Million Lucky Lagosians by Qpetz: 6:49am On Feb 28, 2018
ajealadick:
Hmmmm, Exponential Yahoo
What is this one saying?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Create A Nested Lists Of Categories In Laravel 5 / Trivia Coding Questions (euler Project) / Confused Between Node Js And PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.