Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? (18538 Views)

5 Habits That Will Increase Your Chances Of Landing A Job / Latest MTN Jobs For Bsc And HND With 2nd Class Lower, Lower Credit And Above. / Can Someone Get A Job With Lower Credit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Fongido(m): 8:20am On Feb 28, 2018
I came across this question somewhere so I decided to share it here.

Question : If you have “Pass or Lower credit" in your OND. Maybe you made a mistake

Then your HND you made up for it by having “Distinction or Upper credit"

When applying for a job. Maybe during the interview your employer asks you what did you have in your OND you say “Pass or Lower credit" then he asks what did you have in your HND you say “Distinction or Upper credit" most especially Pass would that OND poor grade affect your chances of getting the job?

Assuming you're applying as an HND holder not OND holder.

How is this going to affect you in the labour market on a long run?

Your thoughts.
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by iSpread(m): 8:25am On Feb 28, 2018
It doesn't affect so long as you know what to do.
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Fongido(m): 9:07am On Feb 28, 2018
iSpread:
It doesn't affect so long as you know what to do.
Know what to do how? someone said once you have HND your OND is irrelevant.
I tried explaining to the person that the OND won't be given much priority, that what the employer will give much priority to is the HND.
but he was still confused. saying the poor grade in OND is a big stain already that employers won't be confused much.
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Fongido(m): 9:17am On Feb 28, 2018
Lalasticlala please help push this to frontpage.
This is the first time I'm asking this from you. hope my request will be granted. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by jazinogold(m): 9:38am On Feb 28, 2018
its an opportunity for you to be an enterprenuer............in the next 3-5years, you will be employing graduates cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by bigt2(m): 9:39am On Feb 28, 2018
Bluntly, no! I don't support mediocrity but it all depends on the value you add to yourself and your working capacity (if you have the opportunity to showcase this before recruitment tho).
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 28, 2018
If you have no CONNECTION its a YES

But if your family is well placed then its a NO

1 Like

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 28, 2018
Fongido:

Question : If you have “Pass or Lower credit" in your OND. Maybe you made a mistake

When applying for a job. Maybe during the interview your employer asks you what did you have in your OND you say “Pass or Lower credit" then he asks what did you have in your HND you say “Distinction or Upper credit" most especially Pass would that OND poor grade affect your chances of getting the job?

Your thoughts.

Once you have your HND your OND automatically takes a back seat.

In job interviews they will never ask to see your OND result if you have a good HND result. Rather the focus will be on the HND certificate.

8 Likes

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Arewa12: 9:41am On Feb 28, 2018
Nope I don't think so
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by obidirector(m): 9:41am On Feb 28, 2018
Btw...Check this out: Opportunity for Online Writers...

http://www.tmnewsinfo.com/2018/02/earning-opportunity-for-online-writers.html
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by calddon(m): 9:42am On Feb 28, 2018
All this certificate nonsense angry

Dia r no jobs for crying out loud.

Instead of being employed....learn a skill and be an entrepreneur.

It's is the notion of go to school, get good grades, get a good job and live life happily ever after that got us here in the first place. .....we were all scammed my fellow youths

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by samuelobazu(m): 9:43am On Feb 28, 2018
Lemme sit back and learn
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by sunbbo(m): 9:43am On Feb 28, 2018
Sure now,

If you are the employer which will you prefer? A pass as grade or a distinction.
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by madgoat(m): 9:44am On Feb 28, 2018
Fongido:

Your thoughts.
OP na lie, na wetin u graduate with. Come out of the closet and say u are the one so that u can receive honest blunt answers grin
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by moscobabs(m): 9:44am On Feb 28, 2018
3 of them graduated the same year from The polytechnic Ibadan in 2006 and they studied Accounting Ade graduated with Upper credit while me Kola graduated with Lower credit and Yemi with pass.

Kola was the one that first get job in a multinational company simply because he can defend his lower credit even in the mist of First class graduate from reputable universities.

Yemi, because of inferiority complex he is working as security operative in Haloging security company.

Ade who graduated with Upper credit is still selecting job because he cant start work with little salary.

The fact is that Yemi was the most brilliant among the three friends back from the polytechnic but he was very sick in first semester of HND 1 and couldnt do some of the exams , same happen to him in ND 2 that makes his GP low. Ade is from a rich background, he had money to settle his way to have a good grade .

Kola was an average student he read and serious with his Exam but Poly ibadan Accounting dept is just too tough for him.

10 years after :

Yemi HND, PGD,BSC,MBA,ACA,became a owner of a SECURITY COMPANY (very big one ) in lagos

Kola HND,PGD,BSC,MBA,CIA,ACCA is now a manager in a multinational company with a lot of investments

Ade HND,PGD student MBA and ICAN is now working under Yemi's security company as a Recruiter or HR sa.

Its not all about your certificate but about yourself and your mind, you can get job with any grade if you can defend your certificate do not let anybody discourage you Certificate is just a paper but what you have upstairs is more paramount and can take you to anywhere .

Just be focus

I am one of the 3 friends

14 Likes

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by BruncleZuma: 9:45am On Feb 28, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Op do you have a pass?

1 Share

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Binchim(m): 9:45am On Feb 28, 2018
We shouldn't worry about certificate but the sabificate!
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Romanreign2(m): 9:46am On Feb 28, 2018
Bros nothing can affect nothing in Nigeria, Just have the right connection you will get a good job. I have a friend who graduated with pass he is now working with FRSC.Why me Wey get 2.1 and masters still dey hustle for street.

2 Likes

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Epositive(m): 9:46am On Feb 28, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin
Morning sir shocked
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by BruncleZuma: 9:47am On Feb 28, 2018
Epositive:

Morning sir shocked
Paddy mi howfar nah?
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by freak33: 9:47am On Feb 28, 2018
your OND and HND results are two different certificate.

if you are searching for a job where they ask for HND what's the need carrying your OND when they are asking for your HND?.

3 Likes

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Pavore9: 9:55am On Feb 28, 2018
calddon:
All this certificate nonsense angry

Dia r no jobs for crying out loud.

Instead of being employed....learn a skill and be an entrepreneur.

It's is the notion of go to school, get good grades, get a good job and live life happily ever after that got us here in the first place. .....we were all scammed my fellow youths

Our educational system is tailored to 'cram and pass", get the certificate and go look for a job!
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Fongido(m): 9:59am On Feb 28, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Op do you have a pass?
If I have a friend who is worried about a certain thing and I am on a right platform that can provide help for him, so I shouldn't help him?
helping him now means I am the victim or what?
Thanks anyway.
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Fongido(m): 10:02am On Feb 28, 2018
bigt2:
Bluntly, no! I don't support mediocrity but it all depends on the value you add to yourself and your working capacity (if you have the opportunity to showcase this before recruitment tho).
Get the question right first.
The person ain't applying as an OND holder but HND holder.
if he had pass in OND but upper credit in HND.
what would you do? assuming he's applying for as an HND holder.
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by 77up(m): 10:03am On Feb 28, 2018
jazinogold:
its an opportunity for you to be an enterprenuer............in the next 3-5years, you will be employing graduates cheesy cheesy grin grin
it been long I hv been reading this poo online , can someone just wake and become an enterprenuer without acquiring capital and proper plan for the busines quite alright we all know its more better to be enterprenuer than a salary earner but no matter what ,in a country where citizen have no right or chance to empowerment fund so everyone need a start from somewhere .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Fongido(m): 10:04am On Feb 28, 2018
freak33:
your OND and HND results are two different certificate.

if you are searching for a job where they ask for HND what's the need carrying your OND when they are asking for your HND?.

But the OND must reflect on your CV and some employers may be curious to know what you graduated with.
don't you think he'll doubt you? OND pass and HND upper credit though you're applying as an HND holder.
the guy had pass in OND and currently in HND 2 he's upper credit student very strong one. he had a chance to make distinction bcoz he's determined this time but he wants upper credit for the fear of people thinking he bribed in his HND. distinction in HND will look somehow when you had pass in OND.
though at first he made a mistake and he has corrected it.
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Dimade(m): 10:05am On Feb 28, 2018
Y will an employer ask u for ur ond certificate when u r applying for HND position? They don't need it.
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Emmanuel602(m): 10:09am On Feb 28, 2018
Jobs in Nigeria are based on who you know especially the government jobs. Just try to get enough capital and you won't even have to bother applying for jobs
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Fongido(m): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2018
Lalasticlala Thank you so much. for the first time my post has made frontpage. Thanks for making it possible. I'm grateful.
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by bigt2(m): 10:20am On Feb 28, 2018
Fongido:

Get the question right first.
The person ain't applying as an OND holder but HND holder.
if he had pass in OND but upper credit in HND.
what would you do? assuming he's applying for as an HND holder.
I understand every bit of the post so stop jumping to conclusion like a rhesus monkey. I stated my view not being direct about any result whether OND or HND.

Now if you would read this, go slow ok?
I STRESSED THAT THE ADDITIONAL QUALITY YOU HAVE TO THE CERTIFICATE CAN GIVE YOU AN EDGE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS CUM YOUR DEDICATION TO WORK IF YOU'RE OPPORTUNED THAT PRIVILEGE.

Hope it's now clear sir?
Re: Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? by Fongido(m): 10:22am On Feb 28, 2018
bigt2:

I understand every bit of the post so stop jumping to conclusion like a rhesus monkey. I stated my view not being direct about any result whether OND or HND.

Now if you would read this, go slow ok?
I STRESSED THAT THE ADDITIONAL QUALITY YOU HAVE TO THE CERTIFICATE CAN GIVE YOU AN EDGE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS CUM YOUR DEDICATION TO WORK IF YOU'RE OPPORTUNED THAT PRIVILEGE.

Hope it's now clear sir?
Yes sir. thanks. hope you are not offended and sorry if you are. Take care

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hotels/hospitality Jobs / Employer Wants To Hold My NYSC DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE On Resumption. / Phcn Recruitment: How Authentic Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.