Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (30591 Views)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

I laugh in Aramaic

What do you know silicon or silica, to be wirinet?
You really think the name or naming, Adam, which means "earth", is just a pluck out of thin air idea?

Adam was formed from the ground...

The writer wrote it was "dust" lying on the ground

I am of the opinion that it was more than "dust".

Man is a complex life form resulting from an aggregation of simpler life forms...
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
OkCornel:
Adam was formed from the ground..
What does the name Adam mean?

OkCornel:
The writer wrote it was "dust" lying on the ground
Please reproduced in verbatim, what exactly the writer wrote?

OkCornel:
I am of the opinion that it was more than "dust"
If the writer was writing an endless book and had all the time in the world to write it, the writer would no doubt have written a comprehensive list of man's make-up

OkCornel:
Man is a complex life form resulting from an aggregation of simpler life forms...
Tell something the writer and/or my five year old neighbour doesn't already know
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
What does the name Adam mean?

Please reproduced in verbatim, what exactly the writer wrote?

If the writer was writing an endless book and had all the time in the world to write it, the writer would no doubt have written a comprehensive list of man's make-up

Tell something the writer and/or my five year old neighbour doesn't already know

Adam and Edom means the same thing... RED

And per the bolded ... I concur...That was the point I was making to wirinet
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
OkCornel:
Adam and Edom means the same thing... RED

And per the bolded ... I concur...That was the point I was making to wirinet
No, not the same thing.
Adam means red earth
whilst Edom, also known as Esau, means red skin
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
No, not the same thing.
Adam means red earth
whilst Edom, also known as Esau, means red skin

Well...Hebrew scholars say something common between them both...RED

http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Edom.html

Anyways...my point on the dust issue has been made... and I guess everyone is clear on that as well...
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflylion: 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
wirinet:

Snakes crawling on its belly is not a curse, it is evolution. The snake must have evolved from a swamp dwelling lizard. According to evolution, environment determines physical features. A lizard living in a swamp would have no need of legs, therefore it will quickly lose it. After it has left the swamps and evolved other adaptive featured, like elongated body, it might not need to evolve legs again.

Below are some lizards that looks like snakes.

Kindly shut your mouth if you have e nothing worthwhile to say.

1) Science claims snakes once walked on limbs as far back as 150 million years ago.

2) The book of Genesis was written almost 4000 years ago.

How could an alleged unscientific book written by unscientific people have gotten right what science first denied then later agreed to and said this was so 150 million years ago?

If you say it was evolution, were the bible writers there 150 million years ago to witness that the snake once walked on limbs?

How did they manage to get it right? How come God said so as a curse to the serpent?

Please note: scientists say that the limb growing mechanism in snakes is still there but was simply SWITCHED OFF. Why? Who switched it off?

I suggest you research this and see the truth for yourself instead of posting nonsensical stuff up and down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
OkCornel:
Well...Hebrew scholars say something common between them both...RED

h t tp://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Edom.html

Anyways...my point on the dust issue has been made... and I guess everyone is clear on that as well...
Put aside hebrew scholars regurgitates because I don't know nor understand the relevance of you mentioning Edom in the first place.
It's completely off tangent.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by dalaman: 6:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
butterflylion:

1) Science claims snakes once walked on limbs as far back as 150 million years ago.

How could an alleged unscientific book written by unscientific people have gotten right what science first denied then later agreed to and said this was so 150 million years ago?

If you say it was evolution, were the bible writers there 150 million years ago to witness that the snake once walked on limbs?

How did they manage to get it right? How come God said so as a curse to the serpent?

Please note: scientists say that the limb growing mechanism in snakes is still there but was simply SWITCHED OFF. Why? Who switched it off?

I suggest you research this and see the truth for yourself instead of posting nonsensical stuff up and down

Will you shut up your lying mouth. So you believe it when scientist tell you that snakes once had legs but refuse to believe when the same scientist tell you that humans evolved from ancient hominids because it disagrees with the Jewish mythology written inside the bible abi?

The writers of the bible did NOT tell you that snakes were crawling on their limbs before they started crawling on their bellies. They could be flying, it wasn't stated you are just using your empty assumptions as usual.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflylion: 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
dalaman:

Will you shut up your lying mouth. So you believe it when scientist tell you that snakes once had legs but refuse to believe when the same scientist tell you that humans evolved from ancient hominids because it disagrees with the Jewish mythology written inside the bible abi?

The writers of the bible did NOT tell you that snakes were crawling on their limbs before they started crawling on their bellies. They could be flying, it wasn't stated you are just using your empty assumptions as usual.

Flying with wings or walking on limbs all are limbs.
You can keep arguing with yourself
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by wirinet(m): 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
You are so ignorant of biology and science in general that you use the bible to hide your ignorance. The only reason I take time out to respond to your senseless post is prevent you from misleading others, especially the youth who intend to study science.

butterflylion:

The primitive stone age writers did not need the holy spirit to know that snakes must have had limbs, they simply only need to catch a real snake and look at its underside, they would see what looks like tiny legs and claws in some species of snakes.

I do not know where you got the idea that biologists had ever denied that snakes once had legs, when the evidence of legs is there for all to see. Please show me evidence that scientists ever denied that snakes had legs.

As I said they were only making their assumptions based on evidence they are seeing. Nothing extraordinary about that. God did not curse snakes, it was the primitive stone age writer's explanation on why snake have no visible limbs. They feel it must be punishment. They knew nothing of adaptation or evolution.
Meanwhile, snakes are not the only animals without prominent limbs.

Of course, the genes controlling limbs is switched off or recessive in snakes, just as webbed fingers is recessive in humans.

Below is example of vestigal limbs and claws in snakes;

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflylion: 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
wirinet:
You are so ignorant of biology and science in general that you use the bible to hide your ignorance. The only reason I take time out to respond to your senseless post is prevent you from misleading others, especially the youth who intend to study science.

The primitive stone age writers did not need the holy spirit to know that snakes must have had limbs, they simply only need to catch a real snake and look at its underside, they would see what looks like tiny legs and claws in some species of snakes.

I do not know where you got the idea that biologists had ever denied that snakes once had legs, when the evidence of legs is there for all to see. Please show me evidence that scientists ever denied that snakes had legs.

As I said they were only making their assumptions based on evidence they are seeing. Nothing extraordinary about that. God did not curse snakes, it was the primitive stone age writer's explanation on why snake have no visible limbs. They feel it must be punishment. They knew nothing of adaptation or evolution.
Meanwhile, snakes are not the only animals without prominent limbs.

Of course, the genes controlling limbs is switched off or recessive in snakes, just as webbed fingers is recessive in humans.

Below is example of vestigal limbs and claws in snakes;

Ogbeni shut up abeg. It is you who knows nothing about what you are talking about. So what you posted as a picture would be described by an ancient man as legs? LMAO cheesy

Besides I said Genesis was written about 4000 years ago and scientists say snakes once had limbs 150 million years ago.

Does evolution now take a few thousands of years to occur and no longer the millions of years touted by scientists? grin

So early man who existed a few thousand of years ago would conclude that snakes once had limbs when all the snakes they have been seeing in their thousands of years of existence has been crawling on their bellies.

I honestly think you need to keep quiet now because you are beginning to make a lot of noise without first understanding what anyone writes.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by dalaman: 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
butterflylion:

Flying with wings or walking on limbs all are limbs.
You can keep arguing with yourself

Was the snake flying, or humping before it started crawling on its belly?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflylion: 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
dalaman:

Was the snake flying, or humping before it started crawling on its belly?

Flying with wings ----- still limbs

Hopping ---- still on limbs

Walking ----- still on limbs.

Paint it any which way you please. It's all about the limbs. Even scientists do not know what the snakes used their limbs for 150million years ago (as they claim). All they say is that it had limbs.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 8:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
dalaman:
Was the snake flying, or humping
before it started crawling on its belly?
... and what the heck is this humping all about now?
Do you know something others don't know ni?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by dalaman: 10:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
... and what the heck is this humping all about now?
Do you know something others don't know ni?

Dry humping grin
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
dalaman:
Dry humping grin
Mba, no ooo. No, no, no.
Dat one na suffer, suffer suffering
and the boys aren't smiling things.

So you still haven't said what this is about the snake humping
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by dalaman: 10:36pm On Mar 07, 2018
butterflylion:

Flying with wings ----- still limbs

Hopping ---- still on limbs

Walking ----- still on limbs.

Paint it any which way you please. It's all about the limbs. Even scientists do not know what the snakes used their limbs for 150million years ago (as they claim). All they say is that it had limbs.

Will you keep quiet and stop telling lies. According to scientists snakes had arms and legs they used unlike the bible that can not tell you if they had wings or arms and legs.

"The ancestors of today's slithery snakes once sported full-fledged arms and legs, but genetic mutations caused the reptiles to lose all four of their limbs about 150 million years ago, according to two new studies."

https://www.livescience.com/56573-mutation-caused-snakes-to-lose-legs.html
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 10:03am On Mar 08, 2018
dalaman:

Will you keep quiet and stop telling lies. According to scientists snakes had arms and legs they used unlike the bible that can not tell you if they had wings or arms and legs.

"The ancestors of today's slithery snakes once sported full-fledged arms and legs, but genetic mutations caused the reptiles to lose all four of their limbs about 150 million years ago, according to two new studies."

Sir, please how does this contradict the Genesis account?

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by dalaman: 10:09am On Mar 08, 2018
OkCornel:

Sir, please how does this contradict the Genesis account?

The Genesis account as I was trying to show him did not tell us if snakes were flying or walking with their limbs before they lost it after the alleged curse.

He on the other hand was lying that scientists didn't know what the snakes used their limbs for before they lost it.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflylion: 10:37am On Mar 08, 2018
dalaman:

The Genesis account as I was trying to show him did not tell us if snakes were flying or walking with their limbs before they lost it after the alleged curse.

He on the other hand was lying that scientists didn't know what the snakes used their limbs for before they lost it.

LMAO and you forget you actually said they could be hopping (humping) flying or standing still and I told you that none of those can happen without limbs.

Now can you show me where scientists said exactly what snakes use their arms and legs for?

I dey wait. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflylion: 10:39am On Mar 08, 2018
dalaman:

How does this nonsense you posted SHOW what they used the arms and legs for? Did they tell you what was at the end of the arms or legs? Did they have hands at the end of their arms and feet at the end of their legs?

You really need to learn how to understand whatever you post. I will say one thing and you will counter with nothing close to what I said.

Oya go and do your assignment. Show me what scientists said snakes used their limbs for. grin

Also you can clearly see that even what you posted confirms what I said about the limb growing mechanism in snakes being SWITCHED OFF. Why were they switched off? Why would snakes in eggs first have limbs and then a day after the eggs are layed, the limb growing mechanism is always switched off? Why can't one JUST ONE go against this and grow limbs. grin

"God said it and it was so" Ancient man did not have the knowledge we have today so could not have guessed it.

Snakes for thousands of years have been crawling on their bellies while science says it was not so 150 million years ago. How could ancient man of 4000 years ago know they once had limbs since they only knew snakes to be always crawling? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by godisgood200: 11:42am On Mar 08, 2018
dalaman:

Can you not make your points without insults?
Lolzzz. Atheists and their way. Why amni supprised?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Kholiwe(f): 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
The Bible is a fairytale.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by PastorAIO: 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2018
Kholiwe:
The Bible is a fairytale.

Even Fairy tales have their uses. The problem arises when mature adults start taking things literally and believing that donkeys can talk etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by dalaman: 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2018
butterflylion:

LMAO and you forget you actually said they could be hopping (humping) flying or standing still and I told you that none of those can happen without limbs.

Now can you show me where scientists said exactly what snakes use their arms and legs for?

I dey wait. grin

They used their legs for movement from one place to another.

"Snakes used to wander the Earth on legs about 150 million years ago, before they shifted from strut to slither."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/20/498575639/how-snakes-lost-their-legs.

What did they use their limbs for according to the bible?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Brey(f): 3:59pm On Mar 08, 2018
please help this baby to qualify by voting for her at https://www.cussonsbaby.com.ng/campaign/cbm5/entry?id=381034
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflylion: 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
dalaman:

They used their legs for movement from one place to another.

"Snakes used to wander the Earth on legs about 150 million years ago, before they shifted from strut to slither."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/20/498575639/how-snakes-lost-their-legs.

What did they use their limbs for according to the bible?

Oh so now you know they were walking on legs. I thought you said they could have been flying or hopping or standing still despite when I told you they walked. grin

Do you see how you are confusing yourself by yourself?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by dalaman: 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2018
butterflylion:

Oh so now you know they were walking on legs. I thought you said they could have been flying or hopping or standing still despite when I told you they walked. grin

Do you see how you are confusing yourself by yourself?

You are shameless. I want you to show me where the bible says that snakes walked with their limbs?

That has been what we have been arguing about. Stop trying to feign ignorance.

If I insist that according to the bible snakes were flying you have NO evidence from the bible to show that they weren't.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflylion: 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2018
dalaman:

You are shameless. I want you to show me where the bible says that snakes walked with their limbs?

That has been what we have been arguing about. Stop trying to feign ignorance.

If I insist that according to the bible snakes were flying you have NO evidence from the bible to show that they weren't.

LMAO you and I know that the shameless one is you. I repeatedly told you that snakes once walked but you insisted that they could have been flying or "humping" or standing still.

Now you have seen scientists say the same thing I said which was inferred form the statement made by God as a curse to the serpent that it shall from now begin to crawl on its belly (which meant that it was walking or crawling but not always on its belly) but now it must be always. You kept on denying this and once again science proves me right and you wrong.

God 3 Atheists 0

grin cheesy
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by dalaman: 5:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
butterflylion:

LMAO you and I know that the shameless one is you. I repeatedly told you that snakes once walked but you insisted that they could have been flying or "humping" or standing still.

You told me that snakes once walked accordingto science or the bible?

Now you have seen scientists say the same thing I said which was inferred form the statement made by God as a curse to the serpent that it shall from now begin to crawl on its belly (which meant that it was walking or crawling but not always on its belly) but now it must be always. You kept on denying this and once again science proves me right and you wrong.

God 3 Atheists 0

grin cheesy

Where was it written inside the bible that snakes once walked? Where was it written? If I insisit that according to the bible snakes were flying in the past before they were allegedly cursed to crawl on their bellies, what evidence do you have to disprove it?

You thought that science has nothing to say about the limbs of snakes and what it was used for and dared me to show you. Now that I have shown you you are trying to do your butterflyl1on lie lie dance.

You are shameless. The bible did not say snakes once walked. It is left for you to show where it says they did.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflylion: 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2018
dalaman:

You told me that snakes once walked accordingto science or the bible?

Where was it written inside the bible that snakes once walked? Where was it written? If I insisit that according to the bible snakes were flying in the past before they were allegedly cursed to crawl on their bellies, what evidence do you have to disprove it?

You thought that science has nothing to say about the limbs of snakes and what it was used for and dared me to show you. Now that I have shown you you are trying to do your butterflyl1on lie lie dance.

You are shameless. The bible did not say snakes once walked. It is left for you to show where it says they did.

I told you snakes once walked as inferred by the Bible when we break down the very words God used when cursing the serpent.

I already knew what science had to say, same way I knew they said snakes once had limbs 150 million years ago. Same way I also knew they said the limb generating mechanism was switched off. You think I am like you who does not carry out my research properly? cheesy

Setting you up is always fun for me because I knew you would dig up what science said because it is common knowledge on the internet and you did just that which turned around to bite you in the arse for rejecting when I said snakes once walked when you were saying they could have been flying or "humping" or standing still.

Na you use dagger stab yourself grin
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by dalaman: 5:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
butterflylion:

I told you snakes once walked as inferred by the Bible when we break down the very words God used when cursing the serpent.

Lies, we can infer from the bible and say that snakes once flew.

I already knew what science had to say, same way I knew they said snakes once had limbs 150 million years ago. Same way I also knew they said the limb generating mechanism was switched off. You think I am like you who does not carry out my research properly? cheesy

Which research? You think plagiarism something you are notoriously known for here is research abi? Well done.

Setting you up is always fun for me because I knew you would dig up what science said because it is common knowledge on the internet and you did just that which turned around to bite you in the arse for rejecting when I said snakes once walked when you were saying they could have been flying or "humping" or standing still.

Na you use dagger stab yourself grin

You know very well that I was referring to the bible. We could say that snakes flew or hopped according to the bible. No were was it written inside the bible that snakes once walked. What ever you sails remains your own assumption. If I insist that snakes were flying according to the bible, you have no evidence from the bible to show that my position is not true.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Apostle Essien Ayi Donates N1M For Mosque & Islamic Centre In Calabar / A Church Inside An Hotel!!! / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.