Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

The Double Standard Of Freeze In Calling Oyedepo: "Bald Headed Fowl" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Double Standard Of Freeze In Calling Oyedepo: "Bald Headed Fowl" (1221 Views)

When Daddy Freeze Called Bishop Oyedepo "Bald-Headed Fowl" (Video) / Daddy Freeze Calls Bishop Oyedepo "Bald Headed Fowl". Nigerians React / Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Double Standard Of Freeze In Calling Oyedepo: "Bald Headed Fowl" by jamael(m): 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2018
When I read Freeze's reaction to the news regarding former JTF boss giving 5 million to Winners Chapel, I was like shocked shocked.

The crux of the matter is neither Oyedepo, the JTF boss, Tithe and offering, or even Freeze.

No. The problem is that the yardstick Freeze uses in judging those men of God, is quite different from the one he uses on himself.

Freeze is the leader of His religious movement. We assume that it is also a Christian movement. This is because Freeze uses the Bible, prays and talks about Christ. Same as most men of God.

The yardstick which Freeze uses is mainly: (i) What the Preachers say, (ii) What the Preachers do and how they live (iii) What their members do.

I won't dwell on the second and the third. I'll give just one instance of the first case.

When Adeboye prayed for the death of relatives blocking the way to prosperity.
Freeze said: "We are gradually departing from the era of Grace and returning to the era of curses"
https://www.nairaland.com/4224116/daddy-freeze-eldee-react-pastor

But then I wonder, what does calling another human being "a bald headed fowl" amount to?

It is not a question of whether Oyedepo or anyone is right or wrong. It's not also a question of whether we can insult bad or good leaders. It's a question of what and who Freeze supposedly represents. Christ.

You can say the truth. But when you say it derogatorily, it becomes obscene. If you then go to the extent of equating a full grown man, with wife and children, to a fowl shocked shocked shocked. That's in the extreme. But the worst of it all, is too equate all his words, sermons etc as mere "screeching of the bald headed fowl". That is simply wicked and unbecoming of an acclaimed man-of-God.

Aside the fact that he (Freeze) earlier condemned cursing, what does the Bible, which Freeze expressly quotes from have to say with concerning that.

Matt 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matt 15:18-19 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Matt 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

1 Peter 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

Ps 34:13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

Prov 21:23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

If Freeze applies a tithe (a mere 10 percent cool cool) of the yardstick he uses on many people on himself, it will be for the best.

Finally, "He who comes into equity must come with clean hands."

My two cents.

Cc: Seun; lalasticala; Mynd44; alBHAGDADI; Evablizin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Double Standard Of Freeze In Calling Oyedepo: "Bald Headed Fowl" by alBHAGDADI: 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2018
Freeze is someone who represents satan and everything he stands for. He loves the attention he gets from criticizing everything that has to do with Christianity, a thing some of his muslim followers enjoy see him do. He is currently on youtube supporting the statement by that heretic Bishop who claims Muslims are better than Christians, a thing I refuted yesterday. READ https://www.nairaland.com/4370941/reply-why-muslims-better-than

Which real Christian does that?

He has blocked me from all his social media platforms cos I always bust his lies which he mixes in half-truths. He recently blocked me on Instagram when I questioned him for saying that people MUST judge pastors. I simply reminded him that Christ told us that we are not to Judge. Next I saw was that he had blocked me just as he blocks anyone with contrary opinion. He only wants his opinion heard without being questioned. It's so sad that Instagram is designed to suit such.

If he really feels his teachings are right, he should come to Nairaland where we can have a good debate, not a one man show. We'll see if his teachings will last beyond a month.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Double Standard Of Freeze In Calling Oyedepo: "Bald Headed Fowl" by paxonel(m): 6:41pm On Feb 28, 2018
I always say this,
Freeze may be wrong sometimes but he is always right most times.
If oyedepo has done anything wrong that will warrant freeze calling him bald headed fowl(o boy that insult strong sha grin) i don't see anything that is there?

I mean, if you are a human and you are not tolerating insult sometimes from fellow humans you are trying to make yourself God beyond the level of humans something that you yourself will begin to question yourself if you are doing the right thing or the wrong thing?
But if oyedepo has not done anything wrong and freeze is sharp mouth and abusing him bald head fowl? Then that is extremely unfair and freeze needs to apologize or he is seen to have a personal attitudinal problems

As for whether freeze or oyedepo are christians or not no one can take that one from them whether they are right or wrong
Re: The Double Standard Of Freeze In Calling Oyedepo: "Bald Headed Fowl" by OtemAtum: 6:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
He shouldn't have called him a 'bald-headed fowl' because Oyedepo is not a fowl, rather, he should have simply address him as whom he is ' a bald-headed thief' or simply 'a thief'. Well...only Freeze knows why he decided to equate the thief with fowl sha cool

2 Likes

Re: The Double Standard Of Freeze In Calling Oyedepo: "Bald Headed Fowl" by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 28, 2018
paxonel:
I always say this,
If oyedepo has done anything wrong that will warrant freeze calling him bald headed fowl(o boy that insult strong sha grin) i don't see anything that is there?

I mean, if you are a human and you are not tolerating insult sometimes from fellow humans you are trying to make yourself God beyond the level of humans something that you yourself will begin to question yourself if you are doing the right thing or the wrong thing?
But if oyedepo has not done anything wrong and freeze is sharp mouth and abusing him bald head fowl? Then that is extremely unfair and freeze needs to apologize or he is seen to have a personal attitudinal problems

As for whether freeze or oyedepo are christians or not no one can take that one from them whether they are right or wrong
good. This is exactly what the pharisees and saducees did. Wat u r trying to say is that God will judge oyedepo and freeze with different yardsticks. If it is biblically wrong for Adeboye to curse his enemies (not a specific individual), den why is it biblically right for freeze to curse Oyedepo? Would you say the same thing if it was Oyedepo dat cursed freeze?

2 Likes

Re: The Double Standard Of Freeze In Calling Oyedepo: "Bald Headed Fowl" by jamael(m): 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Freeze is someone who represents satan and everything he stands for. He loves the attention he gets from criticizing everything that has to do with Christianity, a thing some of his muslim followers enjoy see him do. He is currently on youtube supporting the statement by that heretic Bishop who claims Muslims are better than Christians, a thing I refuted yesterday. READ https://www.nairaland.com/4370941/reply-why-muslims-better-than

Which real Christian does that?

He has blocked me from all his social media platforms cos I always bust his lies which he mixes in half-truths. He recently blocked me on Instagram when I questioned him for saying that people MUST judge pastors. I simply reminded him that Christ told us that we are not to Judge. Next I saw was that he had blocked me just as he blocks anyone with contrary opinion. He only wants his opinion heard without being questioned. It's so sad that Instagram is designed to suit such.

If he really feels his teachings are right, he should come to Nairaland where we can have a good debate, not a one man show. We'll see if his teachings will last beyond a month.

Abi. I would really want to know what exactly are his teachings. What are his doctrines in that Free the Sheeple movement.

Because the only thing I see him doing is finding faults in everything pro-Christian, while subtly supporting every un-christianlike conduct. A preacher of a different gospel.
Re: The Double Standard Of Freeze In Calling Oyedepo: "Bald Headed Fowl" by paxonel(m): 8:23pm On Feb 28, 2018
salvation101:
Wat u r trying to say is that God will judge oyedepo and freeze with different yardsticks
Where did I say this?

If it is biblically wrong for Adeboye to curse his enemies (not a specific individual),den why is it biblically right for freeze to curse Oyedepo?
Also, I never mentioned anything biblical wrong or right to curse anyone cheesy
Re: The Double Standard Of Freeze In Calling Oyedepo: "Bald Headed Fowl" by alBHAGDADI: 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
paxonel:
I always say this,

I think the bolded part should be directed to your master who blocked me from all his social media platforms cos I was always pointing out the errors in his so-called teachings.
Re: The Double Standard Of Freeze In Calling Oyedepo: "Bald Headed Fowl" by paxonel(m): 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

I think the bolded part should be directed to your master who blocked me from all his social media platforms cos I was always pointing out the errors in his so-called teachings.
You are right,
And point of correction, he is not my master, neither any pastor is

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Okonkwo Speaks On Tithing / The Corona Virus Menace ; I Have A Message For The WORLD / Who Was "Jesus Ben Ananias" Similar To Jesus Christ 2000 Years Ago By Josephus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.