Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park (2024 Views)

Pastor WF Kumuyi Build Bridge And Public Car Park / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by ProjectNaija(m): 4:47pm On Feb 28, 2018
I feel compelled to write this to set the records straight as deeper life is being given kudos that they don't deserve in anyway.

It's really wrong and dishonest to claim that deeper life donated a car park and bridge to the public as the car park is not open to the public but strictly for their private use in their new church head quarters building. The truth is that the church did not even have any plans to build this car park till it was imposed on them by governor Fashola as a precondition for allowing them to open and operate from the premises. The truth is that building approval should never have been given to a church of that size (40,000) capacity in a residential area because of traffic considerations but somehow they got it. Along the line when residents of the area(i am one) saw how big the structure was and the implications for traffic, some of us petitioned the then governor of Lagos state(Fashola) and Fashola came personally to inspect the site. It was then he gave them the condition of providing adequate parking and an alternative route(bridge) as a precondition for allowing them to open the church. The church had no concerns about the traffic problems their being there would cause neither did they care and if not for Fashola they would have gone ahead to open the church years ago not giving a damn about the horrendous traffic a church of the size will cause in a residential area. For them to spin it round and give an impression that they are donating something to the public is damn right nauseating. They built because it was imposed on them and for their own selfish reasons.

CC: seun lalasticlala

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by PastorLucifer: 5:06pm On Feb 28, 2018
I said it.

Thunder fire Kumuyi & all his zombie herd

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by DonALdep(m): 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
Imposed or not... A bridge was built... Some Churches would just wait for another government to take over so they can forget about it. But that was not the case here. When something good is done, it deserves recommendation. Also I don't think Deeper Life came online to post their accomplishment. It's not their style, and I'm pretty sure you'll utilize the bridge as well. I'm sure they are many other Big Churches with large congregation causing huge traffic without caring. Trust me if they didn't care about you people, they wouldn't listen to the government. In the sands of time, fact and history will carry it that Deeper Life built a bridge and a park. Other big Churches shd learn.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by hopefulLandlord: 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2018
DonALdep:
Imposed or not... A bridge was built... Some Churches would just wait for another government to take over so they can forget about it. But that was not the case here. When something good is done, it deserves recommendation. DeeperLife built a bridge and a Park

Could their building it be because the lagos state government might put the church under lock and keys if they didn't do it by a specified date?

You're making it sound like they would've been operating anyhow unabated till a new government comes in. Also its pretty obvious APC would win the Lagos gubernatorial election next year barring a disaster so there's really no "new government" taking over or at least the chance is slim so your post is pointless Sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by Uyi168: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
Be wan fear o!..the nigeria churches we knw hardly give anything free to the public,they give with one hand,collect double from u with the other hand..

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by MrPristine: 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2018
DonALdep:
Imposed or not... A bridge was built... Some Churches would just wait for another government to take over so they can forget about it. But that was not the case here. When something good is done, it deserves recommendation. Also I don't think Deeper Life came online to post their accomplishment. It's not their style, and I'm pretty sure you'll utilize the bridge as well. I'm sure they are many other Big Churches with large congregation causing huge traffic without caring. Trust me if they didn't care about you people, they wouldn't listen to the government. In the sands of time, fact and history will carry it that Deeper Life built a bridge and a park. Other big Churches shd learn.

What kind of twisted logic is this Deeper life built those structures because they were forced to. Left to them they wouldn't have given a damn thanks to Fashola who imposed it on them. They don't deserve any credit for it as they were forced to build the structures else their church won't be allowed to open. They built it strictly for their own selfish reasons and not out of care for the public.
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by neezar: 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
ProjectNaija:
I feel compelled to write this to set the records straight as deeper life is being given kudos that they don't deserve in anyway.

It's really wrong and dishonest to claim that deeper life donated a car park and bridge to the public as the car park is not open to the public but strictly for their private use in their new church head quarters building. The truth is that the church did not even have any plans to build this car park till it was imposed on them by governor Fashola as a precondition for allowing them to open and operate from the premises. The truth is that building approval should never have been given to a church of that size (40,000) capacity in a residential area because of traffic considerations but somehow they got it. Along the line when residents of the area(i am one) saw how big the structure was and the implications for traffic, some of us petitioned the then governor of Lagos state(Fashola) and Fashola came personally to inspect the site. It was then he gave them the condition of providing adequate parking and an alternative route(bridge) as a precondition for allowing them to open the church. The church had no concerns about the traffic problems their being there would cause neither did they care and if not for Fashola they would have gone ahead to open the church years ago not giving a damn about the horrendous traffic a church of the size will cause in a residential area. For them to spin it round and give an impression that they are donating something to the public is damn right nauseating. They built because it was imposed on them and for their own selfish reasons.

lies, I stay at gbagada, I know u are 1 of those that try so hard to criticise churches

The church did it so as to ease traffic, not only for members, Then why did they also donate those street lights if they did it for members

Stop saying trash if u don't stay close or live around that area......They have already started the plan before the petition was made

5 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by MrPristine: 7:11pm On Feb 28, 2018
neezar:

lies, I stay at gbagada, I know u are 1 of those that try so hard to criticise churches

The church did it so as to ease traffic, not only for members, Then why did they also donate those street lights if they did it for members

Stop saying trash if u don't stay close or live around that area......They have already started the plan before the petition was made

I also stay in Gbagada and I can testify that the OP is 100% correct. If not for Fashola, deeper life would not have constructed these structures. It was imposed on them as a precondition for allowing them to open the church.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by neezar: 7:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
MrPristine:

I also stay in Gbagada and I can testify that the OP is 100% correct. If not for Fashola, deeper life would not have constructed these structures. It was imposed on them as a precondition for allowing them to open the church.
I hear u...when Did fashola enter power

This project have been on since the last 15 yrs, Fashola just told the church to hasten up the Bridge project so as to enable free flow of traffic, At least let's appreciate good things sometimes.

4 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by ebenice(m): 7:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
Either way... There was a bridge to ease traffic. I don't understand why this should be a debate of who did what. Case close

2 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by jamael(m): 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2018
Was a bridge built? Yes or No

Was it in Lagos? Yes or No

Was Deeper Life involved? Yes or No

For those saying that they should not take credit (Actually, the Church's website has not said anything, neither has it been announced in their Church), please come and take the credit.

Whether it was forced on them or not, the fact simply remains that the bridge has been built in Lagos state by Deeper Life.

Case Closed.

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
I can see children of devil and hate trying as usual to discredit what the Church is doing and they will be the first to say these churches are not doing anything.

Well, its the devil in them that using their fingers for anti Christian and anti church purposes
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by ProjectNaija(m): 6:30am On Mar 01, 2018
neezar:

I hear u...when Did fashola enter power

This project have been on since the last 15 yrs, Fashola just told the church to hasten up the Bridge project so as to enable free flow of traffic, At least let's appreciate good things sometimes.

Stop making assumptions on things you don't know. The car park and bridge was never in the original plan of the church building project cause they never cared about the environmental impact disaster it will cause. It was not until some of us petitioned Fashola that he came and insisted they must make adequate provision for parking and create alternative routes before being allowed to open the church. I am a living witness to the whole issue so stop arguing about what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by GoodMuyis(m): 7:05am On Mar 01, 2018
ProjectNaija:

Stop making assumptions on things you don't know. The car park and bridge was never in the original plan of the church building project cause they never cared about the environmental impact disaster it will cause. It was not until some of us petitioned Fashola that he came and insisted they must make adequate provision for parking and create alternative routes before being allowed to open the church. I am a living witness to the whole issue so stop arguing about what you don't know.

Sir you are talking as if you are among the project team member. The original car park was meant to be underground but (still there today) the underground car park was later converted to children church due to security implications.

As for the bridge, it has always being in design.

Deeper life uses her money to construct facilities that will make life easier for her members and benefits the community, isn't that credible.

Am sure you will come and complain about holdup along lagos-ibadan expressway.

Just keep quiet and mind your business, and let LASG deal with it

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by neezar: 7:19am On Mar 01, 2018
ProjectNaija:

You are saying arrant trash

The process was slow, That was why the petition was made....Project that started 15yrs ago

Lagos state by itself wanted to do the bridge but the church took responsibility of it

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by Adekdammy: 8:47am On Mar 01, 2018
ProjectNaija:

Ok agreed, will you use the bridge? If yes and you are here castigating them, sie you are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by HigherEd: 10:23am On Mar 01, 2018
Eh this one is so desperate to nullify any good deed attributed to a church.

3 Likes

Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by MrPristine: 10:38am On Mar 01, 2018
Adekdammy:

Ok agreed, will you use the bridge? If yes and you are here castigating them, sie you are wrong.

The truth is that the bridge would not have been necessary if deeper life had not breached urban planning regulations and connived with Lagos government officials to approve the building of a massive church building in a strictly residential area. What the bridge will do is to help reduce a problem caused by deeper life in the first instance. Those of us that live in the area are actually dreading the day the church will be opened as that will signal the beginning of heavy traffic in our area and will constitute a big nuisance to us.
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by M0ron: 11:16am On Mar 28, 2018
ProjectNaija:

Why is this not trending.
Ever since I read of the strange project,I sensed something was amiss. Since when did churches engage in public works?

If indeed the construction was procured by force,and in response to Kumuyi’s circumventing construction laws then he is just paying for his sins!

If you don’t mind, could you please share documentation of your petition to Fashola?
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by Blackfire(m): 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
At op deeper depeer will skin you alive today...

*walks out of the battle field*
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by ProjectNaija(m): 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2018
M0ron:

Why is this not trending.
Ever since I read of the strange project,I sensed something was amiss. Since when did churches engage in public works?

If indeed the construction was procured by force,and in response to Kumuyi’s circumventing construction laws then he is just paying for his sins!

If you don’t mind, could you please share documentation of your petition to Fashola?

I don't have a copy of the documentation, this happened years ago.
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by ProjectNaija(m): 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2018
Blackfire:
At op deeper depeer will skin you alive today...

*walks out of the battle field*

They should stop being hypocrites by claiming credit they don't deserve.
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
ProjectNaija:

Did they construct the bridge yes or no?
Wouldn't the bridge be constructed someday yes or no?
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
MrPristine:

What kind of twisted logic is this Deeper life built those structures because they were forced to. Left to them they wouldn't have given a damn thanks to Fashola who imposed it on them. They don't deserve any credit for it as they were forced to build the structures else their church won't be allowed to open. They built it strictly for their own selfish reasons and not out of care for the public.
They didn't publicized it either what is your problem
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by ProjectNaija(m): 6:43am On Mar 29, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Did they construct the bridge yes or no?
Wouldn't the bridge be constructed someday yes or no?

The bridge would not have been needed if they didn't build their car park there.
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by ProjectNaija(m): 6:47am On Mar 29, 2018
asuustrike2009:

They didn't publicized it either what is your problem

By asking the governor to come and commission it in a public ceremony, they did publicise it. Worse still some of their members are giving the impression that it is a benevolent act.
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by GoodMuyis(m): 7:06am On Mar 29, 2018
ProjectNaija:

By asking the governor to come and commission it in a public ceremony, they did publicise it. Worse still some of their members are giving the impression that it is a benevolent act.

So what is your benefit from this, when everyone has moved on.
Them collect your money to build Bridge And Car Park
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by ProjectNaija(m): 8:16am On Mar 29, 2018
GoodMuyis:

So what is your benefit from this, when everyone has moved on.
Them collect your money to build Bridge And Car Park

The massive church building they illegally built in a residential area will constitute a nuisance to me and other residents for years to come when ever they hold their service so I have a right to be aggrieved.
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 29, 2018
ProjectNaija:

You haven't answered the question.did they involve the media house yes or no?
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 29, 2018
ProjectNaija:

The bridge would not have been needed if they didn't build their car park there.
You didn't answer the question asked
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by ProjectNaija(m): 9:07am On Mar 29, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You haven't answered the question.did they involve the media house yes or no?

Yes they did indirectly. They invited the governor knowing fully well that the media will come with him.
Re: Deeper Life Did Not Donate A Bridge And Car Park by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 29, 2018
ProjectNaija:

Yes they did indirectly. They invited the governor knowing fully well that the media will come with him.
OK.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abraham's Promised Land And The Gaza Conflict / What’s Going To Happen Soon! Vision by Olav Rodge / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.