Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (147098 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Carmit(m): 8:53am On Nov 04, 2019
vincentjk:

And you actually think it's true?? Lol
Lol.
It was long ago.... I don't think I do anymore...
Just want a confirmation grin
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Carmit(m): 8:55am On Nov 04, 2019
IamAnderson:

I doubt, most of those cases you hear are either rumours or rabies cases.
a lot of Dobermans have lived till maturity without going through that phase, don't consider all those things if you want to buy one, if your dog is healthy and well trained then you're good.
I'll go with me the rabies theory then..
But does rabies twist a dogs head?
Thanks BTW
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 9:51am On Nov 04, 2019
Carmit:

I'll go with me the rabies theory then..
But does rabies twist a dogs head?
Thanks BTW
yes that's one of the major symptoms of rabies,most of these cases you hear of dogs attacking their owners or killing children turn out to be rabies cases at the end.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
agboedeh:
yea

In as much as I don't like involving myself in anything called breeding but next time a female gsd owner talks to me about mating I may approve it
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
Carmit:

Lol.
It was long ago.... I don't think I do anymore...
Just want a confirmation grin

In as much as we are all learning but you shouldn't allow anyone mis-educate you on things concerning dogs, always verify from other people/source before drawing with your conclusion
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by space9880: 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2019
vincentjk:

You mean if breeding should be done between the both of them? Make me understand bro
@agboedehno sir... they can become so attached to each other and even forget you grin
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by space9880: 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
IamAnderson:

I've heard about that thing before and I've seen it happen in some cases.
it's not just about the breeding, sometimes dogs from the same litter tend to become codependent and they won't have much individuality.
I saw a case like that on social media once that the dogs were guard dogs and they were good at their job if they were released separately but if they are released together they become useless, they just play and cuddle each other and ignore every other thing.
I've also seen a case were the dogs have been eating in the same plate together since birth and when one died, the remaining one was still leaving his bowl half full for his sibling that was deceased, now the living dog cannot finish a plate of food on it's own, it always acts like it's sharing the meal.
sometimes the dogs are only confident when they are together, if separated you'll see how weak minded they'll become but together they rely on each other and become more confident and assertive.
it doesn't always happen but it happens in some cases, it's like when they are together from the same litter for too long they don't develop mentally like dogs that had to learn how to cohabit with strange dogs.

I couldn't have said it better
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by space9880: 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
vincentjk:

I think I've witnessed such case with my aunt's dogs (Murphy's late mum and her brother). This is a serious thing but I don't think that'll be the case here

They've been separated for a month so will they still know that they're siblings?
they will know it's not something you predict or you want to keep them separated. generally it is not advisable to buy two pups from same litter.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by space9880: 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
vincentjk:
Happy Sunday from Gustaf and Augusto

Went to church today and came back late so augusto's breakfast was served late. I knew he was already hungry but showed no sing of hunger rather playing with Gustaf and resting on shades.

Gustaf has got this white kinda hair in the mouth, is it a sign he's already aging?? Aging at 2years hmmm... Don't think so
you leave them together ?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by space9880: 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
vincentjk:

Yea augusto is growing well but it all depends on feeding and genes, sure he's got good genes tho

Since you seem to like Gustaf a lot, You've reminded me to post a throwback picture of him, he was actually 5-6months old when i took this picture

It isn't very clear but he looked good here right?
He has really grown taller and bigger these past few weeks but the only problem is his bones, they ain't that cool but you'll all be surprise if i take my time to snap gustaf really cool pictures
what do you mean by his bones are not cool are they hot grin
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by space9880: 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
agboedeh:
The picture make sense. If u can make out time maybe on weekends to snap him,it would be cool.

I don't understand wat u are saying oo. Gustaf bone structure is better than most gsds I see around,he looks like a DDR not pure tho, and his coat colour is awesome. If not that u have made up ur mind on giving him out, I could have adviced u to keep him and mate him with an outstanding bitch to get a better version of gustaf. U would be surprised to the amt of people that would rush him for stud.
I agree with you some dogs don't look good themselves but they are super producers example is Eric of household
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
space9880:
@agboedehno sir... they can become so attached to each other and even forget you grin

Really?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
space9880:
you leave them together ?

Yup but under supervision though Augusto is yet to start sleeping outside just like Gustaf
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
space9880:
what do you mean by his bones are not cool are they hot grin

I meant large bones and all that, you know nao cheesy

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
vincentjk:

I meant large bones and all that, you know nao cheesy
Gustaf is a fine boy ooh, I don't know why you're complaining wink
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by agboedeh: 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
IamAnderson:

pls tell him oo
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by newsynews: 10:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
vincentjk:

Ok fine;

A bag of 8kg nutribyte dry food- N10k
4 tins of dallas canned food @320 each- N1280
A broiler (the one i blended) N2k
Pork spines- N1k
General meat, bone and marrows, cartilage and all that- N2k
A small bucket of thick liquid milk- N1k
Soya cakes, eggs, and them fruits I add to his meal- 2k

Total=N19,280

I didn't add his deworm, plate, medication, vitamins and local supplements, chemicals used in fumugation and cleaning up his cage and the environment to prevent ticks and flees

If i should add all these it would be double of that amount up there, I don't calculate the cost feeding and upkeep because it could lead one to depression or heart attack lmao (imagine what i spent on Gustaf yet didn't archive what i wanted in him embarassed )

What do you think of the cost of feeding and everything I've written?

Oh boy, na money you dey spend o!

Don't worry, the Boerboel won't disappoint like Gustaf
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by space9880: 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
vincentjk:

Really?
yes I've witnessed it and seen lots of complain online locally and internationally.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by space9880: 10:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
vincentjk:

Yup but under supervision though Augusto is yet to start sleeping outside just like Gustaf
that's good I do the same. I never leave two dogs together unsupervised no matter how good they are together
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 8:59am On Nov 06, 2019
IamAnderson:

Lols the truth of the matter is the temperament. That's really why I'm generalising but physically he looks good, I mean fast and sharp
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 8:59am On Nov 06, 2019
agboedeh:
pls tell him oo

Lol no mind me biko cheesy
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:00am On Nov 06, 2019
newsynews:

Oh boy, na money you dey spend o!

Don't worry, the Boerboel won't disappoint like Gustaf

Amen o I trust him but if he does I might give up on dogs totally this time embarassed
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:02am On Nov 06, 2019
space9880:
yes I've witnessed it and seen lots of complain online locally and internationally.

You're the one feeding and caring for them so how will they forget you??

I won't personally let my dog forget me. Is he mad grin
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 9:27am On Nov 06, 2019
Came back late last night and had no time to prepare dinner for Gustaf so i checked around to see what i could get to serve him because i was also hungry and exhausted.

I remembered he is a lover of pawpaw, rushed to the garden then plucked a mini pawpaw head for Gustaf, sliced it into moderate size because he is used eating big chunks of food. He ate everything and i saved myself the stress for that day undecided

I don't know if pawpaw is really good for dogs, any suggestion??

Iamanderson
Knyte
Dogwhisperer
Johnnyn1
Space9880

What's your take on feeding pawpaw to a dog?

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by johnnyn1(m): 10:00am On Nov 06, 2019
You have done well bro.
Papaya (Pawpaw) is a quite a good and exotic fruit for dogs, Rich in fiber and may improve their digestion.

Just like I see in the pics, always remove the green skin and seeds as they may cause indigestion in his stomach system.
Nice work bro.
Let’s see his pics na grin
vincentjk:
Came back late last night and had no time to prepare dinner for Gustaf so i checked around to see what i could get to serve him because i was also hungry and exhausted.

I remembered he is a lover of pawpaw, rushed to the garden then plucked a mini pawpaw head for Gustaf, sliced it into moderate size because he is used eating big chunks of food. He ate everything and i saved myself the stress for that day undecided

Iamanderson
Knyte
Dogwhisperer
Johnnyn1
Space9880

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Warleyy(m): 10:12am On Nov 06, 2019
Boss.. What do youu mean by his temperament? Is he too gentle or too aggressive??
vincentjk:

Lols the truth of the matter is the temperament. That's really why I'm generalising but physically he looks good, I mean fast and sharp
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Warleyy(m): 10:13am On Nov 06, 2019
Go gustaf... Abbeg I'm still waiting for his pictures ooo
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by newsynews: 10:34am On Nov 06, 2019
vincentjk:

Amen o I trust him but if he does I might give up on dogs totally this time embarassed

The key is not to overdo in terms of his feeding. This will prevent you from being too anxious about his turn out. Also, always note that not all quality dogs really look quality. Gustaf might not look like what we see on the internet but might be able to produce excellent puppies. It's genes that matter. Since you got your Boerboel from a reputable breeder, be rest assured that quality pups are guaranteed.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Spanishmilf(m): 10:37am On Nov 06, 2019
vincentjk:

Iamanderson
Knyte
Dogwhisperer
Johnnyn1
Space9880

My dog will just sniff he won't... .. He doesn't eat fruit
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 10:44am On Nov 06, 2019
vincentjk:

how's his temperament?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by IamAnderson(m): 10:47am On Nov 06, 2019
vincentjk:

Iamanderson
Knyte
Dogwhisperer
Johnnyn1
Space9880

as long as you don't feed him the peel and seeds then he's fine, paw-paw is good for digestion and it's rich in vitamins
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:05pm On Nov 06, 2019
johnnyn1:
You have done well bro.
Papaya (Pawpaw) is a quite a good and exotic fruit for dogs, Rich in fiber and may improve their digestion.

Just like I see in the pics, always remove the green skin and seeds as they may cause indigestion in his stomach system.
Nice work bro.
Let’s see his pics na grin

Yes I always remove the back and the seed because they're bitter. Such fruits shouldn't be eaten with the peels either

Will post some of his pix when I've time to snap him, don't worry it won't t be that long again lol cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.