Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (146705 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Rany4all(m): 9:16pm On May 08, 2018
U'r welcome!
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Rany4all(m): 9:20pm On May 08, 2018
durubrian:

do you mean the enzyme called LACTASE?
Yeah...think I mentioned that earlier.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:33pm On May 09, 2018
I think gustaf's coat is finally getting back to normal maybe the cod liver is finally doing what it does best grin I'm just happy

Early morning and the boys are just excited maybe because i got them some goodies yesterday evening lol

Gustaf's height keeps increasing everyday, he's now very taller than his elder bro (Murphy)

5 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:45pm On May 09, 2018
I woke up to find Murphy limping, he has wound on the front right paw. This hurts Murphy so much that he wouldn't let that leg touch the ground, I'm really sad by seeing this cry

Someone told me its called "sweatypaws" but it has never happened to my dogs so i know nothing about it

The vet administered treatment so we hope the condition improves with time

3 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 2:22am On May 10, 2018
vincentjk:
I woke up to find Murphy limping, he has wound on the front right paw. This hurts Murphy so much that he wouldn't let that leg touch the ground, I'm really sad by seeing this cry

Someone told me its called "sweatypaws" but it has never happened to my dogs so i know nothing about it

The vet administered treatment so we hope the condition improves with time

Aww...that looks painful. So he's basically hopping along on 3 feet....
Simba at one point had been holding his right back foot when he'd be walking. He walk a few feet and then hop (holding his right back foot in the air).
I used to wonder why he was doing that...but he suddenly stopped at a point.
However, he did break his leg when he was about at about 5 months old. My sister forgot that he was NOT a stuffed animal to play with...but a real live breathing "life". It was so cute though. He had a little custom-made cast on his leg that he wore for about 6 weeks......it was so cute.
Anyhow, as long as Murphy's paw is not broken (which the vet I'm sure ruled out).....then I'm assuming he'll be alright with time.
You said Gustav is getting taller than Murphy? Well that makes sense....cause I've seen some tall Shepherds...
His coat is looking nice though.
It's just tough cause it's not like a dog can speak a human language to tell you how it really feels.

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 5:03pm On May 10, 2018
Mobilia:

Aww...that looks painful. So he's basically hopping along on 3 feet....
Simba at one point had been holding his right back foot when he'd be walking. He walk a few feet and then hop (holding his right back foot in the air).
I used to wonder why he was doing that...but he suddenly stopped at a point.
However, he did break his leg when he was about at about 5 months old. My sister forgot that he was NOT a stuffed animal to play with...but a real live breathing "life". It was so cute though. He had a little custom-made cast on his leg that he wore for about 6 weeks......it was so cute.
Anyhow, as long as Murphy's paw is not broken (which the vet I'm sure ruled out).....then I'm assuming he'll be alright with time.
You said Gustav is getting taller than Murphy? Well that makes sense....cause I've seen some tall Shepherds...
His coat is looking nice though.
It's just tough cause it's not like a dog can speak a human language to tell you how it really feels.

We often experience some of these health challenges in our pet's but our love for them wouldn't let us overlook the pain they feel

Thanks for the compliment on Gustaf, I'm happy he's improving but it didn't happen by magic though, the cod liver and diet is already working.

Murphy's condition is already improving as he's able to walk this morning so i hope by Sunday he'll be fine again

6 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Teemothymass(m): 6:08pm On May 10, 2018
Sir Murphy does not have a collar why? I basically think you should get a neck collar that befits him just like Gustav has one already.
Hope the dogs will also be available for stud services too or you don't plan to use them for stud yet. Cheers
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 2:12am On May 11, 2018
Teemothymass:
Sir Murphy does not have a collar why? I basically think you should get a neck collar that befits him just like Gustav has one already.
Hope the dogs will also be available for stud services too or you don't plan to use them for stud yet. Cheers

I currently have 3 big collars at home and it's just For the boys. Murphy isn't wearing a collar because i felt he's more comfortable without any since we're home, but the next picture I'll upload I'll make sure he wears his collar

Well for the stud sha i never planned using them for breeding or stud service, I'm a dog owner/lover and not a breeder

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 2:43am On May 11, 2018
vincentjk:

We often experience some of these health challenges in our pet's but our love for them wouldn't let us overlook the pain they feel

Thanks for the compliment on Gustaf, I'm happy he's improving but it didn't happen by magic though, the cod liver and diet is already working.

Murphy's condition is already improving as he's able to walk this morning so i hope by Sunday he'll be fine again

Go Murphy! Thank the Lord for that! He looks amazing and quite picturesque there!
I love me some Gustav...but I am rooting for the "underdog".....Mr. Murphy.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 1:45pm On May 11, 2018
Mobilia:

Go Murphy! Thank the Lord for that! He looks amazing and quite picturesque there!
I love me some Gustav...but I am rooting for the "underdog".....Mr. Murphy.

Lol they're all loved by us

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Teemothymass(m): 10:52pm On May 11, 2018
vincentjk:

I currently have 3 big collars at home and it's just For the boys. Murphy isn't wearing a collar because i felt he's more comfortable without any since we're home, but the next picture I'll upload I'll make sure he wears his collar

Well for the stud sha i never planned using them for breeding or stud service, I'm a dog owner/lover and not a breeder
Does not matter bro,instance of a dog lover that sees Gustav and want to use him for his/her bitch of quality are you going to reject it. Gustav should have offspring you know
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 12:01am On May 12, 2018
vincentjk:

i followed ds thread from d first page,nd i rily enjoyed,thank God murphy leg is imoroving..
bt bro,uv neva talked abt dia security capability,cos if am correct,ds two breed of dog ar nt pet dogs
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 7:47am On May 12, 2018
Teemothymass:

Does not matter bro,instance of a dog lover that sees Gustav and want to use him for his/her bitch of quality are you going to reject it. Gustav should have offspring you know

I understand your point bro, breeding any of them is not bad rather i know it'll earn me some extra cash.. I never said I'd decline any female dog coming to me for breeding but just that putting my dogs up for breeding is something i wouldn't do

Not that it's bad or anything but just my personal opinion I just need you to understand me, I'm a dog lover to the core.

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 7:48am On May 12, 2018
aro1:
i followed ds thread from d first page,nd i rily enjoyed,thank God murphy leg is imoroving..
bt bro,uv neva talked abt dia security capability,cos if am correct,ds two breed of dog ar nt pet dogs

Yes Murphy and Gustaf are not just pets but also guards their territory esp Murphy, Gustaf's defensive drive is yet to fully kick in then he will become territory strong just like Murphy is

It took Murphy quite a long time to fully differentiate between strangers and his family members.. But as he clocked 2years he fully became confident in guarding his homestead

People say there are giant dogs in our compound and that's because they'd rush to the gate and bark terribly whenever someone knocks

The pic below is Murphy at 1year 5months of age during an attack training session, i actually brought in a friend so he helped me in the training by pretending to be a burglar and Murphy was trying to attack him

3 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 10:25am On May 12, 2018
vincentjk:

Yes Murphy and Gustaf are not just pets but also guards their territory esp Murphy, Gustaf's defensive drive is yet to fully kick in then he will become territory strong just like Murphy is

It took Murphy quite a long time to fully differentiate between strangers and his family members.. But as he clocked 2years he fully became confident in guarding his homestead

People say there are giant dogs in our compound and that's because they'd rush to the gate and bark terribly whenever someone knocks

The pic below is Murphy at 1year 5months of age during an attack training session, i actually brought in a friend so he helped me in the training by pretending to be a burglar and Murphy was trying to attack him
wow,ds lvly
but i tink boarbel(excuse my french) ar more attack Dog dan GSD?
also u said up dere dat pple use to say dia ar big dogs in ur compund,ar ur dogs rily big like dat,cos ds pictures ar nt doin justice to dia hugeness
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:49am On May 12, 2018
aro1:
wow,ds lvly
but i tink boarbel(excuse my french) ar more attack Dog dan GSD?
also u said up dere dat pple use to say dia ar big dogs in ur compund,ar ur dogs rily big like dat,cos ds pictures ar nt doin justice to dia hugeness

They are all good guard dogs bro

Have you seen a gsd and a boerboel in real life before??
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by durubrian(m): 11:21am On May 12, 2018
vincentjk:

grin
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:58am On May 12, 2018
Since Murphy is down with the leg wound so I don't let him out so he don't mess the treated leg Gustaf has been alone and kinda feeling lonely heeyah cry cry

We all wish Murphy a quick recovery so Gustaf will have someone to play with

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by donshaize(m): 12:03pm On May 12, 2018
vincentjk:
Since Murphy is down with the leg wound so I don't let him out so he don't mess the treated leg Gustaf has been alone and kinda feeling lonely heeyah cry cry

We all wish Murphy a quick recovery so Gustaf will have someone to play with
the other dog nkor
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 12:28pm On May 12, 2018
donshaize:
the other dog nkor

It's no longer with us
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 12, 2018
vincentjk:

yes of course, even a neighbour still came wit one to my place few wks ago
i lv dogs,nd will most definitely get one wen am opportuned
wots ur suggestion for me abt d type of breed dat is easier to maintain for a first timer
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Teemothymass(m): 1:09pm On May 12, 2018
vincentjk:

It's no longer with us
You mean the rottweiler or which other dog is that
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by durubrian(m): 3:17pm On May 12, 2018
aro1:
wots ur suggestion for me abt d type of breed dat is easier to maintain for a first timer

Nigerian Local Dog bro
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 7:22pm On May 12, 2018
aro1:

Well all dogs are good bro but as a first time owner maybe you should start with a toy breed as they are easier to maintain ( feeding & maintainance).

But if you wish to get a medium-large breed then it's fine long as you'll be able to care for it

The moment you get a dog you take everything responsibility of that dog.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 7:23pm On May 12, 2018
Teemothymass:

You mean the rottweiler or which other dog is that

Yup the rottweiler
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 7:23pm On May 12, 2018
durubrian:

Nigerian Local Dog bro

Haha grin
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Teemothymass(m): 7:47pm On May 12, 2018
vincentjk:

Yup the rottweiler
Hope you showed the rottweiler love too just like Murphy and Gustav. And also when he was with you was there any territorial fight between those three.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 10:04pm On May 12, 2018
Teemothymass:

Hope you showed the rottweiler love too just like Murphy and Gustav. And also when he was with you was there any territorial fight between those three.

Yeah i did trust me

The rottweiler is active but doesn't bark like Gustaf

No fight at all because Murphy always let them know their place as the senior
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 11:47pm On May 12, 2018
I thought Murphy is even getting better not knowing that the situation is worsening the more OMG cry

The sore that used to be on Murphy's right front paw has now extended to the left front paw and another watery sore is also forming on one of the back paws , I returned home today to find him in this condition and I've been just sad till now.

I quickly dialed the vet's number, he showed up and treatment commenced asap, he washed the wound with medicated liquid stuffs before applying the treatment at once infact Murphy is finding it very very difficult to walk as he's in great pains so he'll be staying in his cage until there's improvement because the more he wander around the more those paws get hurt

Let's all wish Murphy a quick recovery so this pain will be overcomed

The picture below was taken during treatment this evening

4 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 13, 2018
vincentjk:
I thought Murphy is even getting better not knowing that the situation is worsening the more OMG cry

The sore that used to be on Murphy's right front paw has now extended to the left front paw and another watery sore is also forming on one of the back paws , I returned home today to find him in this condition and I've been just sad till now.

I quickly dialed the vet's number, he showed up and treatment commenced asap, he washed the wound with medicated liquid stuffs before applying the treatment at once infact Murphy is finding it very very difficult to walk as he's in great pains so he'll be staying in his cage until there's improvement because the more he wander around the more those paws get hurt

Let's all wish Murphy a quick recovery so this pain will be overcomed

The picture below was taken during treatment this evening

Will do my brother......hence why I said I'm rooting for Mr. Murphy to come through this temporary challenge....
He will.

3 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by vincentjk(m): 3:01pm On May 13, 2018
**Happy Sunday mothering sunday**

I brought Murphy out to know if there's improvement so far and i can say there's

At least he now makes use of one of the front legs while holding the other, Gustaf is so so impressed seeing his playmate again grin

6 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by wolewolsz(m): 8:13pm On May 13, 2018
U can get a used pillow or two inside murphys kennel, this can help a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.