Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,438 members, 7,801,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition (19586 Views)

Third Force Coalition Adopts Hashim-olawepo Consensus Candidate / Olawepo Hashim Emerges Flagbearer Of Third Force Coalition (video) / ADC: It Will Be Difficult For Obasanjo To Remove Buhari From Office – Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by Limitednow: 6:48am On Mar 01, 2018
HUMAN Rights lawyer, Femi Falana, has declared support for the third force movement of Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo named Coalition for Nigeria (CN).

Falana pledged his support to the coalition on Wednesday (28/02/2018) while speaking at the ongoing 40th anniversary celebration of the Nigera Labour Congress (NLC), in Abuja.

The lawyer while revealing that the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) recovered N750 billion loots in two years thus tasked the NLC to monitor the usage of the money by the Federal Government.

He said the third force suggested by former President Olusegun Obasanjo should be a party of the working class that would protect the interest of Nigerians.

“The solution is for us to reorganise the Labour Party so that it will not be a dumping ground for the disgruntled elements of the ruling class.

“This is because General Obasanjo said neither APC (All Progressives Congress) or the PDP (Peoples Democratic Party) has a solution to the country’s problems.

“Therefore, there is a need for a Third Force.

“That Third Force must not be by the disgruntled people, but of the Nigerian working people.

“The NLC has a role to play to protect the interest of the Nigerian people.

“That is why whenever there is a problem in the country, people will be asking where is NLC.

“If you say you are fighting corruption, we have nothing to lose but to join them to expose themselves.

“The EFCC in the last two and half years recovered N750 billion.

“NLC must find out what will they do with the money.

“I told government publicly that what they are doing by saying they are fighting corruption is a tip of the iceberg, the real corruption is not being fought.

“I wrote a letter to the Minister of Finance and I itemised how this country can recover about $200 billion and therefore they don’t need to go anywhere to borrow money, but what the Minister did was to write me back to acknowledge receiving the letter and that it is receiving attention.

“And up till now, that letter is receiving attention.

“In 2006, the then CBN Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Charles Soludo, gave $7 billion to 14 banks and those banks have not paid back the money.

“Also in 2008, the CBN governor, Malam Sanusi Lamido, gave to six banks N600 billion and up till now, the money has not been returned.

“You cannot say we are broke.

“Pay back this money.

“You also remember the N100 million that was released for the revive of the textile industry, but still these textile companies are still moribund.

“Where is the money?

“Also in the last 10 years, over N400 billion was released for agriculture, but yet we are hungry,” he said.

Falana pointed out that Nigeria does not need to borrow from China or from any other source as it has enough to meet up with ‎its financial obligation.

Proffering solutions to the problems, he advised the NLC to put in place mechanism to revive the labour party to bring succour to the Nigerian people.

On the issue of herdsmen, Falana said the only way out of the crisis is for the ranches to be located across the country.

Source: https://www.headlineng.com/falana-declares-support-obasanjos-third-force-coalition/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by Limitednow: 6:49am On Mar 01, 2018
Good

2 Likes

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by AntiWailer: 6:50am On Mar 01, 2018
We need a third option but they should not be dead Politicians organized by dead Politician.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by Limitednow: 6:54am On Mar 01, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by bugidon(m): 6:57am On Mar 01, 2018
Nice one, me am ready to vote for a mad man than to vote for cowhari

9 Likes

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by yarimo(m): 7:54am On Mar 01, 2018
Third force that is already dead on arrival grin wink

2 Likes

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by dokyOloye: 8:07am On Mar 01, 2018
After Obasanjo swallowed $16 billion power funds, attempted to subvert d constitution and get a 3rd term but failed, metamorphosed from a bankrupt man owing banks in 1999 but now one of the richest Nigerians, he is now forming born again while still holding on to his loot.
Anyway, Osama Buhari has made armed robbers to look like saints.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by BarryX(m): 8:43am On Mar 01, 2018
The thunder that will strike all these fair weather politicians and their lawyer friends is coming from Olumo Rock!

Nonsense and Ingredients!

1 Like

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by echelons(m): 8:46am On Mar 01, 2018
Professor Kingsley Moghalu's declaration for Presidency comes to mind.
Time for young, bright, vibrant minds to take control of decisions in this country.

From a friend's Facebook wall:

So the other day I was with a woman and her 8yrs old daughter, apparently she was helping the little girl with her 'assignment'. The subject, I guess, had to do with social studies or so. All other question she made sure they answered correctly, till it got to this last question.. "Why do you love your country?" The poor girl looked at the mum looking forward to a clue as usual, only for the woman to reply.."Chinenye write anything you like there." The woman stood up and left the child in a state of confusion. The little turned towards me hoping maybe I would help out, but In all honesty I didn't have any answer for her either.

A shame this pretty sums up how MOST of us feel towards this country called Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by paymentvoucher: 8:47am On Mar 01, 2018
Falz, can you see your daddy?

He needs prayer

3 Likes

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by NwaAmaikpe: 8:48am On Mar 01, 2018
shocked

As long as the Third force movement sends the dullard back to Daura, I'm down with it.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 01, 2018
To what end? Better start thinking to be independent, than flocking around old ideology. Must Nigeria remain one.. Emancipate urselves from mental slavery & enjoy boundless freedom

1 Like

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by teemanbastos(m): 8:49am On Mar 01, 2018
Well said tho.
Instead of fighting for politicians' interests, let us Fight for ourselves.
Let's fight the common enemy - the looting machines.

Stop killing yourselves over politicians!
Stop causing enmity among ourselves because of politicians!
Is it not strange that we fight ourselves under sun and hardship while those we are fighting for Sit in Air conditioned rooms and laugh the foot-fighters to scorn?
Let's Direct our fighting to the oppressors and not to ourselves
Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by Josh44s(m): 8:49am On Mar 01, 2018
They should jejely divide this country abeg. For how long we will continue to be ruled by useless and recycled politicians

8 Likes

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by futurism: 8:50am On Mar 01, 2018
yarimo:

Don't be like PDP who thought they will rule forever. Pride cometh before a fall. There is nothing like forever.

6 Likes

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by wakaman: 8:52am On Mar 01, 2018
bugidon:

Mad people think like you
Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by kuntash: 8:56am On Mar 01, 2018
Josh44s:
They should jejely divide this country abeg. For how long we will continue to be ruled by useless and recycled politicians

some people would ignorantly or selfishly criticize this kind of comment, as they look or consider ONLY the disadvantages of division , without checking what gains could befall the sections to be divided

3 Likes

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by bugidon(m): 8:56am On Mar 01, 2018
And you are a cow
wakaman:

Mad people think like you

3 Likes

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by kabrud: 8:57am On Mar 01, 2018
bugidon:
Of course, most people vote for their types, so I won't be surprised.
Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 01, 2018
echelons:
Professor Kingsley Moghalu's declaration for Presidency comes to mind.
Time for young, bright, vibrant minds to take control of decisions in this country.

From a friend's Facebook wall:

So the other day I was with a woman and her 8yrs old daughter, apparently she was helping the little girl with her 'assignment'. The subject, I guess, had to do with social studies or so. All other question she made sure they answered correctly, till it got to this last question.. "Why do you love your country?" The poor girl looked at the mum looking forward to a clue as usual, only for the woman to reply.."Chinenye write anything you like there." The woman stood up and left the child in a state of confusion. The little turned towards me hoping maybe I would help out, but In all honesty I didn't have any answer for her either.

A shame this pretty sums up how MOST of us feel towards this country called Nigeria.

Why do I love Nigeria?

Personally, I don't know why. Nigeria is a contraption, and is so tribalism, and so religion riven, etc.

But I guess I love this country, because, regardless of where you go in the world, there is no perfect place.

And I guess because, in spite of all the mess, and the hate, there is some good here, some beauty here, some love here, etc.

And finally, because this is a bad option, but dividing the country is even worse. The same issues will bother us divided. Or can someone tell me why over ten years ago, three Ibo profs were not suitable to be vc of a university in Ibo land because they were not indigenes, or a Yoruba woman could not be rector of a Yoruba poly because she was not the right type of Yoruba person.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by Activeman391(m): 9:01am On Mar 01, 2018
2019 loading.....

2 Likes

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by ipobarecriminals: 9:02am On Mar 01, 2018
ok ooo.
Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by wakaman: 9:02am On Mar 01, 2018
bugidon:
And you are a cow

You are a mad flat headed monkey ( biafran specie) AKA yanmiri.

1 Like

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by purem(m): 9:03am On Mar 01, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by Emmasteev(m): 9:04am On Mar 01, 2018
Unless we had God fearing arms of legislative in this country,there may be no remedy for our problems

2 Likes

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:06am On Mar 01, 2018
It is noted. Third force coalition should not be the same set of people already known in Nigeria politics. New set of people should also come into the scene to bring in new ideas to pilot the affairs of our dear country rather than the same way of doing things.
Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by boilerplate: 9:07am On Mar 01, 2018
Then who will organise it? You abi? Youths?
AntiWailer:
We need a third option but they should not be dead Politicians organized by dead Politician.

1 Like

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by bugidon(m): 9:07am On Mar 01, 2018
Please go to your zoo I dont speak with animals and terrorists
wakaman:

You are a mad flat headed monkey ( biafran specie) AKA yanmiri.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by wakaman: 9:11am On Mar 01, 2018
bugidon:
Please go to your zoo I dont speak with animals and terrorists

Rabid yanmiri monkey
Re: Falana Declares Support For Obasanjo’s Third Force Coalition by FarahAideed: 9:13am On Mar 01, 2018
yarimo:

Dead on arrival like Buharis re-election bid ko?

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, George Obiozor Has Died / Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! / Amaechi Is Already With APC - Rivers PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.