Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:37 AM

‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu (19945 Views)

Can There Be Prosperity Without The Tithe? - John Avanzini / Pastor Sam Adeyemi And Nike Adeyemi Celebrate 26th Wedding Anniversary / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by wasyou: 11:31am On Mar 03, 2018
shocked
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by Ellabae(f): 11:36am On Mar 03, 2018
I agree with him. Tithe is not compulsory
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by shallysgirl: 11:40am On Mar 03, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Well written!

I am not against prosperity gospel for it is biblical, but my grouse is on the false notion that God need your seed and tithe to prosper you.

My gospel tells me that I am already enrich in Christ.
The issue is that it was made to look like you have to sow a seed to be healed, fruitful even for long life. I thank God for deliverance.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by JuanDeDios: 11:47am On Mar 03, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v6XC8j_wLQ
I am so pleased you opened this thread because I actually had composed my assessment after watching that broadcast but scratched it.

I remember I scored him 7 out of 10.
The guy is slightly still bigoted.
He still clings on to the flay of tithing, under a guise of ecclesiastical monitised tithe giving being a principle.
He posited that Jesus paid tithes
He was biased in the broadcast as he minded whose ox he gored

The writing was on the wall that the broadcast wasn't to every ones liking, as after the morning broadcast, the usual 3pm live streaming was sabotaged, as this as it usually is done wasn't aloud to go live.

The admins shut down the chatroom in where, everyone was asking, what's the matter, why isn't the broadcast not being shown etcetera.

The normal, after broadcast video, that is usually uploaded is now non existent

More if necessary to be Continued
I agree. I score him 5/10

2 Likes

Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by OmoOshodi(m): 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2018
HigherEd:
Well people still dragging this Tithe issue as preached by pastors are wasting their time. Some folks are probably celebrating thinking Church finances would start crumbling. But you know what, Churches will always collect money under whatever tagthey want to call it. People in Living Faith for instance pay 'Shiloh Sacrifice' - the thing no dey bible but they pay it non the less. So if you want to give I suggest you give and forget terminology....

neither will it stop the convenant partners from paying... Soo stop critising this pastors.... You too go and devise your own scam tricks..... They've worked for it.... And saw the visions way back that it will pay in the future (Now)
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by onatisi(m): 12:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
But WAIT OOOO
SOMETHING IS STILL PUZZLING ME
ALL THESE YEARS THAT THESE PASTORS HAVE BEEN PREACHING ABOUT TITHES AND COLLECTING IT IN MILLIONS,DIDNT THEY KNOW THAT TITHING WASNT MANDATORY?

SO WHAT THESE PASTORS ARE NOW SAYING IS THAT,IT TOOK A WIFE BEATER,DRUNKARD AND TO SHOW THEM THAT TITHING IS BY FORCE TO PAY BEFORE THEY REALIZE IT?
I remember how ashimolowo was calling daddy freeze all sorts of names and yet it has now been accepted by pastors that the man been called a womanizer was actually right about the doctrine and religion these pastors claim to be preaching!!!
Honestly,it is better listening to daddy freeze preachings or even his Instagram than listening to these pastors.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by DokitaDave(m): 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2018
newdlandreport:
I am a pastor and i am very happy that pastor sam adeyemi stood up for the truth , i see his spirit, he is new creation minded than most of his colleagues with big churches who has been blinded by money

If tithing was a new creation doctrine apostle Paul would have dedicated a chapter for it as he did the holy communion and how husband and wife should submit to each other, the only doctrine he mentioned on given was how to remember other believers who are in need, and he asked us to give cheerfully.

I am a pastor but i dont pay tithe , but i recognize by the holy spirit that the church needs money to run its self and also help the needy and pay salaries, so what i do is called the lord honor, i bring out 12% of the increase of what God has blessed me with and i give it to the church, am not under any compulsion to give it, but i give it out of Gods love for me. i give more than 12% atimes because i could not get my self to give lower.

I do it freely , if i dont give it nobody will curse me , including God himself. i am happy doing it, in fact its my pleasure to do it.

But i want to thank Pastor Adeyemi, for standing up for the truth, at least he tried. i pray he also stand up for eternal forgiveness of our sins, past .present and future. Jesus paid for all human sins. once and for all.
Pastor Peace
Dear pastor, the doctrine of 'Once Saved, Forever Saved' as it is preached by its proponents is right from the pit of hell to seduce believers.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by InfernoNig: 12:37pm On Mar 03, 2018
WOW. My role model.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by passyhansome(m): 12:41pm On Mar 03, 2018
Error No 1: Blessing a God's annointed that is greater than you. Hebrew 7:7 - And without doubt the lesser is blessed by the greater.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by waldigit: 12:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
Jesus gave Himself to me so I reciprocated by giving myself to Him back. So He owns me hundred percent.
I have a working personal relationship with Him as my senior partner.
So all these sermonizing about monetary relationship is just too elementary and old fashioned.
I know my calling and have set up a ministry around it and I don't even measure how much time resources and effort I put into it to fulfill my calling.
When you operate at this level you stopped being tossed and for by wind of doctrines.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by Olumyyde(m): 12:58pm On Mar 03, 2018
passyhansome:
Error No 1: Blessing a God's annointed that is greater than you. Hebrew 7:7 - And without doubt the lesser is blessed by the greater.
Hello sir, pls can u share your insight on hebrew 7:7,thank you.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by Olumyyde(m): 12:59pm On Mar 03, 2018
passyhansome:
Hi sir, pls can u share your insight on hebrew chapter 7 verse 7. Thanks.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by sinola(m): 1:00pm On Mar 03, 2018
VBCampaign:
I hope the admins will consider this for front page
this is the first so called men of God i'll respect for speaking the truth.Thank God for Daddy freeze for opening our eyes
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by BushWickBill: 1:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
Euouae:

Can you please proof the bolden assertion Cos you simply just made no point.
This is how we know the educationally disadvantaged folks of this mentally lazy generation who just want to have an opinion. Aside from your terrible diction, instead of looking up what he said,you are castigating him.
Then you will want to have a say when you have not the faintest idea of what the issue is about, just for the purpose of belonging to nairaland and just to be heard. These ones will flock to the nearby church and just assimilate whatever rubbish one fraud in the pulpit is saying and regurgitate it in a public forum.

Sigh.

1 Like

Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by OkCornel(m): 1:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
ideologies:
Tithing existed before the law of Moses but did not have curses attached to it

Jesus came to blot away the curse of the law.

Hence tithing remains without any curse..

Pastor Sam is very correct.

Before PST Sam, pastor Paul Adefarasin and PST Abel Damina have already preached the same thing, even Apostle Suleiman believes the same thing.

Tithing has no curse

Can you tithe the way God describes tithing to be done?

Tithing is not 10% of monetary income...

I'm not against giving to the church ooo...but I think people need to study their bibles to know what God's definition of tithe is...
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by BushWickBill: 1:09pm On Mar 03, 2018
onatisi:
But WAIT OOOO
ALL THESE YEARS THAT THESE PASTORS HAVE BEEN PREACHING ABOUT TITHES AND COLLECTING IT IN MILLIONS,DIDNT THEY KNOW THAT TITHING WASNT MANDATORY?

SO WHAT THESE PASTORS ARE NOW SAYING IS THAT,IT TOOK A WIFE BEATER,DRUNKARD AND TO SHOW THEM THAT TITHING IS BY FORCE TO PAY BEFORE THEY REALIZE IT?
I remember how ashimolowo was calling daddy freeze all sorts of names and yet it has now been accepted by pastors that the man been called a womanizer was actually right about the doctrine and religion these pastors claim to be preaching!!!
Honestly,it is better listening to daddy freeze preachings or even his Instagram than listening to these pastors.
Unfortunately no matter how they peddle a falsehood one day the truth will come out.
After calling Freeze all sorts of names they can't even still try to justify their argument from the Bible aside from using a sentimental point of view.

I've passed the stage of listening to the messenger and instead decided to focus on the message. The same Christians who judge everybody and play holier than thou are some of the biggest hypocrites you will ever see on this earth. The same Ashimolowo that is being investigated for financial improprieties in the U.K. is casting aspersions in Freeze's character.

Honestly I'd rather listen to a fraudster than some of these liar pastors.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by sharpman1(m): 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
This is a similar position held in the book 'The Midas Touch: A Balanced Approach to Biblical Prosperity' by Kenneth E. Hagin.

It was published in 1999 and i read it around year 2000.

I still pay tithe but i don't do it out of fear of being cursed or going to hell.

I give because i believe in what the church is doing and i know that it is God that sustains me.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by onatisi(m): 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
BushWickBill:

Unfortunately no matter how they peddle a falsehood one day the truth will come out.
After calling Freeze all sorts of names they can't even still try to justify their argument from the Bible aside from using a sentimental point of view.

I've passed the stage of listening to the messenger and instead decided to focus on the message. The same Christians who judge everybody and play holier than thou are some of the biggest hypocrites you will ever see on this earth. The same Ashimolowo that is being investigated for financial improprieties in the U.K. is casting aspersions in Freeze's character.

Honestly I'd rather listen to a fraudster than some of these liar pastors.
Infact it would have been better if these pastors had continue supporting tithe paying ,then at least ppl would have believed maybe they really don't know BUT THE WAY AND MANNER THEY ALL SEEM TO BE AGRREING WITH DADDY FREEZE ACTUALLY DOES PROVE THAT they knew all along that paying of tithes isn't by force but they have deliberately keep on preaching about it that it is a must.
The fact that it took someone like daddy freeze to show Nigerians the truth now proves the point that THERE IS NOONE GOD CANT USE TO PASS A MESSAGE TO THE WORLD AND WE MUST ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE MESSAGE RATHER THAN LOOKING AND JUDGING THE MESSENGER

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by Barblow(m): 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
[quote author=HigherEd post=65473312]Well people still dragging this Tithe issue as preached by pastors are wasting their time. Some folks are probably celebrating thinking Church finances would start crumbling. But you know what, Churches will always collect money under whatever tagthey want to call it. People in Living Faith for instance pay 'Shiloh Sacrifice' - the thing no dey bible but they pay it non the less. So if you want to give I suggest you give and forget terminology....

...and if you don't want to give so be it! Thumb Up
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by Kam0007: 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ok.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2018
@VPCAMPAIGN. I'll advice U get copy of his whole message in Febuary 2018.

It'll help U to understand his position better.

If I am not mistaken. He says in either d 2nd or 3rd sunday in Febuary 2018.

Those we need to give. And reasons. And giving to the power was very much emphasis. Which is why Daystar have a policy of no one will go to bed hungry. Which they are running back to school programs, orphanage home, etc.

He encouraged giving to church to encourage church administration, offsetting administration (cost, disels, AC, staff bills, etc), And mision/evangelism work
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2018
DokitaDave:

Dear pastor, the doctrine of 'Once Saved, Forever Saved' as it is preached by its proponents is right from the pit of hell to seduce believers.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by uuzba(m): 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2018
onatisi:
But WAIT OOOO

If God is your father, treat him as you would treat your father. Do whatever you want out of love for your father.
The point where you will have issues is when you see the person called "Pastor" who is "serving" the Lord, directly using the Tithe money you paid to wear shoe, gold watch, jeep and even bodyguards. That is when you need to ask yourself if you are even in the right church at all. Because the guy before you is a damn deceiver. Jesus Christ never purchased comforts for himself. Neither did the apostle.
"Lord we have left EVERYTHING and followed you". Foxes have holes and birds have nest, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.
-
Pray to God Your Father. Your Father will guide you to where you should be.
-
If I call the name of my church now, you will say I too want to deceive you and collect your tithe.
No! Abeg O! Let God himself guide you to the correct church.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 2:30pm On Mar 03, 2018
Yesooo

Please tell them.

To stop encouraging sinful and irresponsible habit wit dis false doctrine
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by saltoasis: 2:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
JuanDeDios:

I agree. I score him 5/10
Who cares what you score him.
If you like score him -50/10 . Why are you not bothered about what will God score you that is judging him.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by deebrownneymar: 2:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
There's absolutely nothing wrong in giving to the church. As long as you are not or don't feel compelled to; with an understanding that it's between you and God. However it's very important that you first remember the poor and the needy around.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by ndcide(m): 3:13pm On Mar 03, 2018
All I see are people who don't want to give to the work of God. If you think tithing is their problem, then you are foolish.

See how the devil is evangelizing through the media, with this like Big brother and others. The church needs money to counter all these things.

Just like the devil deceived eve, the old serpent is using the same method.

What a shame. No wonder, the Christians of this age remained the most spiritually week of all ages.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by Abillsable: 3:18pm On Mar 03, 2018
Your write up is assumptive,ill-thought and fault finding.You sound as if you know better.You sound as if they departed from Christ.I watched that message from start to finish,he didn't discourage anyone from paying their tithe.He rather told them the truth about it.And guess what he pays tithes.I believe in paying tithes too.But I also know its not a compulsory requirement for any new testament christians.There are too many stupid over-sabi christians in our days,always too quick to write nonsense and alluding to falsehood.That message was 100% truthful and balanced.I dont subscribe to Dr Freeze's onslaught against the church and its established tennets,that man is operating the agenda of Satan,for those proper christians that are discerning.

1 Like

Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by Gilgil: 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
It actually shows that the guy doesnt understand science. The law of aerodynamics does not annul gravity. The gravitational pull is still there and constantly acting on any obect in flight and on ground. Heck it is keeping the whole earth in orbit and the planets and galaxies.

Some bloke.comes out to talk nonsense using scientific laws he doesnt understand to support a religious conviction e has not thoroughly researched.

Euouae:

Can you please proof the bolden assertion Cos you simply just made no point.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by kolaish(m): 4:45pm On Mar 03, 2018
My position on tithing: IT IS THOSE THAT ARE NOT READY TO GIVE TITHE THAT ARE ALWAYS COMPLAINING AND MAKING TOO MUCH NOISE ABOUT TITHE. IF YOU ARE A REAL TITHER, GOD WILL BLESS YOU IN SUCH A WAY THAT YOU WILL EVEN BE THINKING OF HOW YOU CAN INCREASE THE 10% TO AROUND 30%. THOSE THAT ARE IN MY POSITION KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. HOW MUCH IS 10% COMPARE TO WHAT GOD HAS BLESS ME WITH?

I AM A LIVING WITNESS. I START PAYING TITHE FROM 1989 AND SINCE THEN MY FINANCES HAS KNOWN NO BOUND.

BUT TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT, MY REASON FOR PAYING TITHE IS NOT FOR THE BLESSINGS THAT COMES WITH IT BUT TO ENSURE THAT I HAVE A CERTAIN/FIXED PORTION THAT I GIVES FOR THE UPKEEP OF THE CHURCH, WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST BUT THEN GOD DECIDED IN HIS MERCY TO GIVE ME ABUNDANTLY ALSO. SO, ALL GLORY BE TO HIM.

MY CANDID ADVICE TO ANYONE THAT CARES: BE FAITHFUL TO GOD WITH YOUR TITHE.
Re: ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu by adegeye38(m): 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2018
Sam adeyemi said dat bullshit, cos he was scared nt to get bashed, its all so obvious, aint no need to start twisting bible passages to suit your own selfish interest

Christianity aint theoretical, it is a spiritual and physical experience, it is something you experience, and tithing is a spiritual thing dat might seems foolish to a normal person, d bible says the things of the spirit are foolishness in the eyes of the carnal man.

aint no need to try and get sympathy from dose wo criticize tithing, just do ur own thing as you are spiritualy convinced, simple

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Can Still Do The Impossible Even At The Eleventh Hour (11th Month November) / Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence / Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.