Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill (33557 Views)

NOUN Law Graduates Praise Buhari For Assenting To Amendment Act‎ / Type Of Candidates Nigerians Should Support In 2019– Catholic Caritas Foundation / Kosofe Lga Npower VOLUNTEERS Support Pres. Buhari & Gov. Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
your reasons are DAFT
I guess you dont know how much money(running billions of Naira) is been stolen in a month by the so called poli*thief*cians and half of that can easily cover peace corp one year Budget
I guess u dont know how much money senators are paid per sitting
Mr. Man swallow ur Daft reason

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by martinsebi(m): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
cool shocked
khalidx:
The latest news in town now is president buhari denying his assent to the Peace Corps bill, it was greeted with mixed reaction from the general public.

but One thing I have noticed is that those who accepted that i was in the best interest of the country are more than the opposing side...

Let me sight this few reasons why they aren't in our interest..

1) Nigeria spend over 70% of its budget on recurrent [/b]expenditure leaving less than 30% for capital project, if we continue like this do you think if we continue like this we will have the Nigeria of our dreams?? Payment of salaries have always been a burden to the Fg adding another burden to it under the guise of employment is not right it will only be a bulwark to Nigeria's development. Why can't we utilize our meager resources to better things instead of creating another agency with no specific work.

[b]2) Too many para military

Nigeria has more than 3 para military already all bearing arms, and doing there jobs effectively coupled with there problems. Approving the Peace Corps will just be another way for the corrupt Oga's at the top of siphoning our money.

3) overzealous and corruption we all know how our police, Army and other Armed Forces misuse power in the past and even presently, an NGO who is just starting it course is already hood winking gullible Nigerians,collecting money from volunteers.
What will be our faith. In the street you will see a Peace Corps volunteer asking you do you know me?? All those doesn't make sense.. instead of another para-millitary why can't we channel the resources to our police who is over stressed and better equip them with modern wares..

What happened to the billion of dollars been channel to the security. Are we not still facing insecurity in the country
Don't you know that if the president pass the bill it will create more job and employment to the youth

Too many para military, Nigeria has more than 3 para military already all bearing arms, and doing there jobs effectively coupled with there problems. Approving the Peace Corps will just be another way for the corrupt Oga's at the top of siphoning our money.
Don't been fool by selfish Nigerians who are looking for recommendation [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Segmat1: 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2018
2019 election downloading.........
The major reason for not assenting the bill is simply because the founder of peace corps is not Hausa/Fulani man.We have seen the handwork of cabals surrounding the president.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Adeyemismith(m): 3:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
We no need am na another scope by d Senator to dey enrich their pockets.....yéyé people

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by mike1994reds: 3:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
alenwup:
You mean you don't know how they approved the bill? The stooges were heavily bribed. Quote me

You are right bro, I was a member of the organization about three years ago, we were asked to contribute 1k each nationwide to help mobilize the lawmakers to sponsor and pass the bill, I knew the organization had no future cos I couldn't point to anything it was bringing to the table.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by degamemaster(m): 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2018
[quote author=Olusegunjaye post=65470604]
You people should look at it from another angle, cut down the senators budget and implement this program. People don't have jobs really. I feel for them. if you want peace, be prepared for war.[/quotie] Gos bless you bro. If the useless govt had put up a strong institution to look into politician's salaries and benefits, there will more than enough to employ these citizens and still have savings. Why must our institutions and systems work in a way that favours only the political class and leaving the masses to just die of hunger.
Buhari and Nigeria have failed

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Abeyjide: 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2018
Themandator:
Security of a nation is not an avenue for employment generation. It is a selfless service in protection of humanity.

If any those guys who have enlisted in the corps is actually service driven, he or she should find his way either to the police or defence academy.

kudos to your write up. I was telling a friend this same thing that security job is not majorly to reduce unemployment. jobs that will generate more revenue is call employment. the peace corp keep using various avenue to dupe people of their money.
telling them to pay this that orientation disc 1200, developmental levy and so on. don't know why most of them are not using their brain. when you are desperate, that's when one's brain need to work well.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Okey80: 4:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
I totally support Buhari on this. Instead of that Peace Corps they should find the police like you said for effective operation.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by popsyleo1: 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2018
The house should do the needful by using 2/3 to approve Peace Corps of Nigeria. Where are the Civil Defense and Police during all the kidnappings? Use Peace Corps to check security in our schools etc.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by oluwatosinjacob: 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2018
I am disappointed in PMB. when he requested for $1billion to fight insurgents what did the Masses say has the money work. Oga create jobs and let the Masses smile again.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Jodesky(m): 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2018
[quote author=PastorLucifer post=65470527][/quote]

Many are MAD but few are roaming the streets................................
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by BABANGBALI: 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
Olusegunjaye:

You people should look at it from another angle, cut down the senators budget and implement this program. People don't have jobs really. I feel for them. if you want peace, be prepared for war.
yes people are looking for job, they can be gainfully employed in other establishments but not this one, we don't need it, we have more than enough of it already

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by sleekdot(m): 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
Instead every state should create huge farms and have create farm corps to go work on it

If every state has the size of one LGA as farm making food for consumption and export, there will be less hunger and unemployment will reduce

People should do things that are productive not just another organization to collect salary and N50 by roadside doing nothing

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by ramseythejunior3: 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
Mr. Know all, I believe you are Myopic in your knowledge of what peace corps is. So let me educate you
1.peace corps is not even under the ministry of defense but under the ministry of youth and sports development
2. Do Nigeria have more paramilitary than the USA, Canada etc?? Yet they have peace corps
3. No duplication of duty between the corps and any other security at all. Go and read the duties of the Nigerian peace corps.
4. Signing the bill would have being a source of employment to the poor Nigerians who don't have godfather.
5. same criticism happened in the case of civil defense but are they not contributing positively to the development of the country??
There are a lot of things you need to know.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by bolinjkezzy(m): 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2018
kyn1:
Those reasons are not substantial bro, have you ever thought about the level of unemployment in this country??, i bet you don't have a month to feed, when you do, you will know what mess this is.!!!
You are right on the level of unemployment being high, but creating another paramilitary forces is not a solution to solving unemployment. We don't need peace corps, we need more industry

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by bolinjkezzy(m): 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
salvation101:
Does his not assenting to it mean the other existing ones will be strengthened? Our security is nothing to write home about. The other time Nigerians demanded police reform, wht has been the result of that? The police is so unreliable and i think the civil defense are doing a better job than them. We need more security outfits since the police is beyond redemption
More security outfit that will end up like the police in the nearest future. That's not the solution to the police inefficiency

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by benzion72(m): 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2018
I laugh in greek, it made me remember the era of Jonathan when ewarrior will argue so blindly, without a single sensible reason. But that does not stop Nigeria from voting out GEJ. Now we have array of ewarrior who are on the pay roll of polictricain. If the present government have money to establish cattle colonies in 36 states. Ready to spend a billion dollar on fight against Boko Haram. It is only sensible to use Peace corp to mob youths from unemployment across Nigeria.

It is another minus for APC for I know the teaming whose hope has being dashed will pay APC back in her own coins
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by KrocAce(m): 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
This is actually one of the few things he has done right
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Meritocracy: 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
I'm 100% sure this op is police. Our problem in this country is police. About the salary you're talking about, the money they loot in this country per month is more than the salary they pay workers monthly. They will be claiming that they need enough hands in police whereas about ten police will be attach to a politician as a bodyguard, police in bank meanwhile all of them render their service to an individual or organization and federal government pay the salary monthly and the I.G never come out to account for what they realise in those personal service. Police is our problem, we need more responsible paramilitary.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Lotechi(m): 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
khalidx:
The latest news in town now is president buhari denying his assent to the Peace Corps bill, it was greeted with mixed reaction from the general public.

but One thing I have noticed is that those who accepted that i was in the best interest of the country are more than the opposing side...

Let me sight this few reasons why they aren't in our interest..

1) Nigeria spend over 70% of its budget on recurrent [/b]expenditure leaving less than 30% for capital project, if we continue like this do you think if we continue like this we will have the Nigeria of our dreams?? Payment of salaries have always been a burden to the Fg adding another burden to it under the guise of employment is not right it will only be a bulwark to Nigeria's development. Why can't we utilize our meager resources to better things instead of creating another agency with no specific work.

[b]2) Too many para military

Nigeria has more than 3 para military already all bearing arms, and doing there jobs effectively coupled with there problems. Approving the Peace Corps will just be another way for the corrupt Oga's at the top of siphoning our money.

3) overzealous and corruption we all know how our police, Army and other Armed Forces misuse power in the past and even presently, an NGO who is just starting it course is already hood winking gullible Nigerians,collecting money from volunteers.
What will be our faith. In the street you will see a Peace Corps volunteer asking you do you know me?? All those doesn't make sense.. instead of another para-millitary why can't we channel the resources to our police who is over stressed and better equip them with modern wares..
...this is one of the few things Buhari has done right....what is wrong with those national assembly people that made them pass the bill at their end?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by bolinjkezzy(m): 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2018
Security service are selfless service by individual for betterment of humanity and protection of lives and property not for job creation. Have never been a fan of buhari but on this, I support him

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by PAQ(m): 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
I feel for the people affected but i am 100% with d President on this.

A small compensation is not out of place
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Jodesky(m): 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
ramseythejunior3:
Mr. Know all, I believe you are Myopic in your knowledge of what peace corps is. So let me educate you
1.peace corps is not even under the ministry of defense but under the ministry of youth and sports development
2. Do Nigeria have more paramilitary than the USA, Canada etc?? Yet they have peace corps
3. No duplication of duty between the corps and any other security at all. Go and read the duties of the Nigerian peace corps.
4. Signing the bill would have being a source of employment to the poor Nigerians who don't have godfather.
5. same criticism happened in the case of civil defense but are they not contributing positively to the development of the country??

Can you spell out the 'DUTIES' of the Peace Corps for those of us who don't know.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Spidermon: 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
KENZINCO:
This is the only decision in my life that I have supported Buhari on. But that doesn't mean I will vote for him in 2019

Me too
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by jonatoye(m): 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2018
One important question we need to ask is that: what is the composition of the north and the south as far as Peace Corps is concern? Who benefit more from the program! That's when those excuses can be accepted!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
Just my thought on FB dis morning
This country sef and our love for complications.
We have OPC, Bakkassi Boys, Niger Delta militants, Egbesu boys, Nigeria police � force, Nigerian Army, Air force, Civil Defence, DSS, NIA, DMI, Park rangers, Immigration service, customs service etc yet we still want the president to assent to a peace corp bill? If those big brothers I mentioned up there cant keep the country safe all this while, what's the miracle the Peace corps is gon perform? Make Una leave this guy do dat which he can do and leave abeg.. No be peace corp matter dey ground jawe.Am just here doing my own jeje permutation against 2019..Kogi is already back to PDP once they field an Igala man.Rufai/sani go scata Kaduna.Ganduje/Kwakwansiya go scata Kano..Ortom is taking benue back to PDP for sure,not with how the killing there was handled.. Okorocha fielding an inlaw Is a mortuary standard death � for APC.. Aregbe/Lasun go scata osun..Ajimoni/Communication minister go scata Oyo..
The party is almost over for my beloved APC at the center jawe.Jagaban/Oyegun go dismantle the tin at the center and bury it finally...
I laff in Spanish and French combined..
Don't miss the fun in 2019, get your #PVC

Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Coloradvantage(m): 5:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
zicoraads:
Refusing to assent to it was the best decision ever. Sometimes I wonder how some of our leaders think. Why did the National Assembly approve of it in the first place?

Instead strengthen the already existing ones while adding more officers to the ones we already have.
they were lobbied. .. heavily, all the payment made by this poor volunteers are channelled into that. ... buhari try abeg.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Iruosonobrugwhe: 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2018
Peace Corp formed by one jobman who went about extorting folks to be able to lobby the national assembly, now you want FG to take over a private business and fund it?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by yougmoney: 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2018
Segmat1:
Financial constraint is one of the reason why Buhari did not assent peace corps bill abi,but there is money for cattle colony.2019 election downloading.........
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by Coloradvantage(m): 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2018
Mekus68:
Op, when Buhari, during his campaign, promised to create millions of jobs for the unemployed youths, where ware you & him expecting their salaries to come from.

You fulani slaves better stop talking from both sides of your mouth.
shut up.... productive ventures.... something that adds a thing to the economy of this nation... something productive... peace Corp is not one of such avenue... no sane human will support this shiit. even akor himself deep down.... have you taken time to read the sick advert placed by peace Corp? no tangible point what so ever... cultism, exam malpractice, employment etc...
Re: Reasons Why You Should Support Pres. Buhari For Not Assenting To PeaceCorps Bill by tutudesz: 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2018
ramseythejunior3:
The Peace Corps is a volunteer program run by the
United States government. The stated mission of the Peace Corps includes providing technical assistance, helping people outside the United States to understand
American culture, and helping Americans to understand the cultures of other countries. The work is generally related to social and economic development . Each program participant, a Peace Corps Volunteer, is an American citizen, typically with a college degree, who works abroad for a period of two years after three months of training.
So why is Nigeria own peace corps a security body? And Y the uniform? Other countries peace corps are not para military and College Degree is needed to join.
google is ur friend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeyeye Hails Osinbajo’s Quiet Exit From Office / Troops Recover Weapons Of Slain Soldiers In Delta / Buhari's Disqualification Suit: APC Has Lied Once More - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.