Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Lagos Uncles. Do You Have These Kind Of Uncles? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lagos Uncles. Do You Have These Kind Of Uncles? (877 Views)

Nairaland Baby Is 5. Hurray!! Wish Me Well, dear Uncles And Aunties!! / Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Uncles. Do You Have These Kind Of Uncles? by Holywizard: 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2018
I believe that each and everyone of us have an uncle who disappoints as if he is being paid to do so.

1. Back then in primary and early secondary school days, I have this particular uncle that will contact my parents to measure all our sizes and preferences that he would buy Christmas gifts and clothes for us while coming back from Lagos. Sometimes he would use sticks of broom to collect our measurements via shoes but we never got anything from him rather he would come and collect foodstuffs (mostly garri and red oil) that is being lacked over there.

2. While in school, this particular uncle would call u only to request for ur account details, promising to deposit money into my account. As he ends that call, u will never receive any dime. Call him tomorrow, he would give u one excuse that his mobile transfer app got blocked for or that his bank branch caught fire or that his goods are on the high sea.

3. Few months or weeks to my Industrial Training (I.T)
My uncle disturbed me severally that I should start coming over to Lagos and I should also send my IT letter that he had secured a nice job for me. When the time came, my uncle changed tone that I should give him some time, that he will get back to me. One week, 2 months, etc my uncle was yet to get back to me. Omo I had to find my way.

4. Right now someone has graduated, my uncle whom I know can help has changed dramatically.
While I was still serving, he promised me that once I passed out, he will refer me to any of his contacts who are bosses on their own.
I have been calling him for weeks and he told me that he would send an email address in which I'll use to forward my CV. For two months now, I'm yet to receive any text.
I called him today and he told me that the person he had in mind just left his office and that will be tomorrow then.
I wanted to curse him. How can he disappointing and daft as well? Well lemme just say that is because I'm not his son. Nobody wants to help but they will rush to identify with u once u make it.

I have a lot of experiences and stories to tell but lemme just stop here.
Fellow Nairalanders do u have such experiences to share?

@lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Uncles. Do You Have These Kind Of Uncles? by Ekiseme(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2018
Dat one dey.
Re: Lagos Uncles. Do You Have These Kind Of Uncles? by Agbaletu: 3:42pm On Mar 01, 2018
That your number one... Hmm, most uncles are guilty of that one o.
Re: Lagos Uncles. Do You Have These Kind Of Uncles? by bonna4u(m): 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
I have wonderful uncles but due to my I no send you message character of mine, I can't tell if I had such uncles.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uncles. Do You Have These Kind Of Uncles? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2018
truth be told our world is wicked nobody will hlp u except God,lets trow away this entitlement mentality and Be focus.it reduces heart break
Re: Lagos Uncles. Do You Have These Kind Of Uncles? by Holywizard: 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
Exactly. I'm kinda depressed bcoz I'm just on my own
askibee:
truth be told our world is wicked nobody will hlp u except God,lets trow away this entitlement mentality and Be focus.it reduces heart break
Re: Lagos Uncles. Do You Have These Kind Of Uncles? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
Holywizard:
Exactly. I'm kinda depressed bcoz I'm just on my own

everybody is on his or her path,if I tell you my trials and how determine I am to succeed I know it will inspire you,I have a broda who owns his own house and a manager in tincan wharf a father who work as a cso in a big company but I dnt see that as anything but am on the path of success
Re: Lagos Uncles. Do You Have These Kind Of Uncles? by Femsyn(m): 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
Don't worry, very soon, not too long, you will become an uncle. Perhaps, you might understand.
Re: Lagos Uncles. Do You Have These Kind Of Uncles? by Holywizard: 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
Urs is far different from mine.
U are just like Paddy, de billionaire's son who is still inspired but wit a good background
My parents are mere civil servants.
askibee:

everybody is on his or her path,if I tell you my trials and how determine I am to succeed I know it will inspire you,I have a broda who owns his own house and a manager in tincan wharf a father who work as a cso in a big company but I dnt see that as anything but am on the path of success
Re: Lagos Uncles. Do You Have These Kind Of Uncles? by Holywizard: 6:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
Lol. It's beta not to give people hopes when u know they can't be fulfilled
Femsyn:
Don't worry, very soon, not too long, you will become an uncle. Perhaps, you might understand.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Over The Sudden Loss Of My Caring Stepmother? / Hold On To Your Man,a Lesson To All Women(picture) / Children Power Bike And Highchair Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.