Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? (2139 Views)

If Mohammed Is The Comforter Jesus Spoke About, Then Jesus Is God Indeed / How A Pastor’s Daughter Who Went For Night Runs Found Herself In Police Station / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by Emmanystone: 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2018
sKeetz:

your jesus has been dead for 2000 plus years now.

I dont understand your obsession with a dead human. grin grin
And yet your constipation won't be cured no matter how many sachets of AndrewLiverSalt you drink over a 2000+years dead man?

Common get out if my face.
Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by sKeetz(m): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2018
Emmanystone:

And yet your constipation won't be cured no matter how many sachets of AndrewLiverSalt you drink over a 2000+years dead man?

Common get out if my face.

your not making any sense man, what has constipation and andrew liver salt got to do with your delusions.

You need to get your head checked man. grin grin grin
Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by kolawoleibukun: 4:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
sKeetz:

your jesus has been dead for 2000 plus years now.

I dont understand your obsession with a dead human. grin grin
I do not think that your mohammed is alive or was even reported to have ressurected. Islam says that Jesus is coming back and the Bible says so too. But if you believe that Jesus is a prophet and he is coming back, how then is Mohammed the last prophet?

1 Like

Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by marketer100: 4:46pm On Apr 01, 2018
THE MUSLIMS DO IT FOR ALL THE PROPHETS AND BONDMEN OF GOD INCLUDING JESUS, ABRAHAM ,MOSES, MARY, ETC. ITS JUST AS SIGN OF RESPECT AND, AS SUCH, MAKE GOD ALMIGHTY REWARDS THE PERSON RECOGNISING AND PAYING HOMAGE TO HIS PROPHETS/MESSENGER OR BONDMAN. GOD WOULD BE HAPPY WITH WHOSOEVER RECOGNISES AND PAY HOMAGE TO HIS PROPHETS. BUT SINCE ALL PRAISE IS TO GOD ALMIGHTY, THE MUSLIMS DO THE SALUTATION/HOMAGE/PRAYER METHOD TO PROPHETS INSTEAD OF GLORIFYING THEM.

1 Like

Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by kolawoleibukun: 4:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
marketer100:
THE MUSLIMS DO IT FOR ALL THE PROPHETS AND BONDMEN OF GOD INCLUDING JESUS, ABRAHAM ,MOSES, MARY, ETC. ITS JUST AS SIGN OF RESPECT AND, AS SUCH, MAKE GOD ALMIGHTY REWARDS THE PERSON RECOGNISING AND PAYING HOMAGE TO HIS PROPHETS/MESSENGER OR BONDMAN. GOD WOULD BE HAPPY WITH WHOSOEVER RECOGNISES AND PAY HOMAGE TO HIS PROPHETS. BUT SINCE ALL PRAISE IS TO GOD ALMIGHTY, THE MUSLIMS DO THE SALUTATION/HOMAGE/PRAYER METHOD TO PROPHETS INSTEAD OF GLORIFYING THEM.
I no believe that nonsense. they are false. That title never escape Mohammed specifically.
Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by Primesky(m): 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2018
bahaushe1:

Waraqah was never a soothsayer, he was following the correct teachings of Jesus (AS).

All the prophets of Allaah (Jesus, AS, inclusive) were humans and therefore subject to anything that can afflict humans. They were however, specially chosen and given certain position above that of other human beings.

With respect to you guys (Moslems), I think this is where you get it wrong. You assume Jesus Christ to be mere man only. Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came in the flesh to do what all the prophets of old no matter their name and origin couldn't do!. Between the Son of God and messengers of God, who's directive should be taken more seriouslgy?. There is absolutely no need to seek or pray to God through prophets any more when the very begotten son of God is there. Jesus Christ is the way.
Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by marketer100: 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
I no believe that nonsense. they are false. That title never escape Mohammed specifically.

you dont have to believe me. You only have to go and research about it from any reliable and trustworthy source so that you respond as an educated and mature personality.

1 Like

Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by bahaushe1: 11:38am On Apr 02, 2018
Primesky:

With respect to you guys (Moslems), I think this is where you get it wrong. You assume Jesus Christ to be mere man only. Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came in the flesh to do what all the prophets of old no matter their name and origin couldn't do!. Between the Son of God and messengers of God, who's directive should be taken more seriouslgy?. There is absolutely no need to seek or pray to God through prophets any more when the very begotten son of God is there. Jesus Christ is the way.

It is rather you Christians that are wrong. God Has no need of son.

Rationally, people seek to have children in order to perpetuate family name or to get help when aged. But God is eternal, He requires no one to perpetuate His name. God is also Almighty, He requires no help from any of His creation.
Look at what Jesus (AS) said in John 13:16

"I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him." Clearly indicating that is a servant and messenger of the "master".

Again, Mathew 12:18

12:18 "Here is my SERVANT whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations".

And a more interesting one in Hebrew 5:7

During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he OFFERED up PRAYERS and petitions with loud cries and tears to the ONE WHO could SAVE him from death, and he was heard because of his REVERENT SUBMISSION.

Jesus (AS) offered prayers to Allaah; Jesus (AS) submitted totally to the will of Allaah. Why can't Christians offer prayers and submit to the one who saved Jesus (AS) from death?

You twisted the scripture both in writing and in meaning to suit your preconceived religious ideology.

Jesus (AS) had nothing to do with Christianity, he didn't name his religion Christianity, he didnt leave any book called Bible. You people created the name and the book.

1 Like

Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by kolawoleibukun: 4:32pm On Apr 03, 2018
marketer100:

you dont have to believe me. You only have to go and research about it from any reliable and trustworthy source so that you respond as an educated and mature personality.
your mama tohto for there. see your sperm head. dirty. who you think say you be? ashewoh houseboy. nonsense.
Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2018
kimond101:

Sending blessings and salaams upon the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) is something that is enjoined. Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Send your Salât on (ask Allah to bless) him (Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)), and (you should) greet (salute) him with the Islamic way of greeting (salutation i.e. As¬Salâmu 'Alaikum)”

[al-Ahzaab 33:56].

So it is an act of worship, and what is required of the Muslim is to comply with the command of Allah, and not to object to His command.

The virtue of sending blessings upon the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) does not benefit the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) only; rather it also benefits the one who sends blessings on him. The virtue mentioned in the hadiths quoted above and in other hadiths benefits the one who sends blessings upon the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him).

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said, in his commentary on the hadith: The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever sends blessings upon me once, Allah will send blessings upon him tenfold” means: If you say “Allahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad (O Allah, send blessings upon Muhammad)”, Allah will send upon you a tenfold blessing in return, and Allah will praise you before those on high ten times.

End quote from Sharh Riyaadh as-Saaliheen.

The rights of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) are the greatest rights after those of Allah. Through him, Allah saved many people from the depths of darkness and brought them into the light. Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is He Who sends down manifest Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) to His slave (Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)) that He may bring you out from darkness into light. And verily, Allah is to you full of kindness, Most Merciful”

[al-Hadeed 57:9]

“(This is) a Book which We have revealed unto you (O Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)) in order that you might lead mankind out of darkness (of disbelief and polytheism) into light (of belief in the Oneness of Allâh and Islâmic Monotheism) by their Lord's Leave”

[Ibraaheem 14:1].

If a person frequently mentions the name of a doctor at whose hands Allah caused him to be healed, and that is only concerning physical well-being, then how about the one at whose hands Allah brings about both spiritual and physical well-being?

It is one of the rights of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) over his ummah that they should send a lot of blessings upon him in response to that favour and in fulfilment of some of his rights (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him).

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Allah, may He be glorified, enjoined sending blessings upon him straight after telling us that He and His angels send blessings upon him. What is meant is that if Allah and His angels send blessings upon His Messenger, then you should send blessings upon him, for it is more appropriate that you should send blessings upon him and greet him with salaam, because of what you have received of the blessing of his message.

End quote from Jalaa’ al-Ifhaam.

Shaykh ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan as-Sa‘di (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

“O you who believe! Send your Salât on (ask Allah to bless) him (Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)), and (you should) greet (salute) him with the Islamic way of greeting (salutation i.e. As¬Salâmu 'Alaikum)”

[al-Ahzaab 33:56],

following the example of Allah and His angels, as a reward to him for some of the rights that he has over them, so as to perfect their faith and show respect, love and honour for him (sa), and as a means of increasing their good deeds and expiating their bad deeds.

End quote from Tafseer as-Sa‘di (1/671).

So blessings and peace of Allah be upon him, constantly, until the Day of Judgement, so long as night and day follow one another. Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him so long as righteous people remember him.

Do not deprive yourself of that virtue. May Allah help us and you to make the most of acts of obedience, and protect us from the evil of our own selves, for He is Most Beneficent, Most Generous.

And Allah knows best.

Reference: IslamQ&A
This is the reason why a young man left Islam for Christendom. Jesus said "all powers have been given me both in heaven and on Earth" Matthew 28:18 so no matter how stupid the religious group may be as long as they're claiming Christians they'll rather pray to Jesus for help or even His mother or Disciples but to think of praying for him is totally unthinkable! Even nobody thinks of praying for those that are just prophets "not referred to as Son" in the Bible. When i studied the difference between (sawlalaualeiwasalam) and (aleisalatuasalam) i was puzzled because the one always used for Muhammad means (we pray for peace to be upon him) whereas the second which is commonly used for other prophets who are all Israelites means (those with whom God's peace dwells) So while Muslims themselves keep begging God for Muhammad's salvation,this same people keep declaring that Israelites prophets are all saved already!
Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by budaatum: 1:02am On Apr 04, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
I do not think that your mohammed is alive or was even reported to have ressurected. Islam says that Jesus is coming back and the Bible says so too. But if you believe that Jesus is a prophet and he is coming back, how then is Mohammed the last prophet?
Some say Jesus never went away and is alive somewhere today.

Which is it, I wonder.
Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by budaatum: 1:07am On Apr 04, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
your mama tohto for there. see your sperm head. dirty. who you think say you be? ashewoh houseboy. nonsense.
He was alive, amen
He was alive.
Jesus was alive
Then kolawoleibukun murdered him
And now he's dead
Sadly
Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by udatso: 10:41am On Apr 04, 2018
Riofidelio:
This is the reason why a young man left Islam for Christendom. Jesus said "all powers have been given me both in heaven and on Earth" Matthew 28:18 so no matter how stupid the religious group may be as long as they're claiming Christians they'll rather pray to Jesus for help or even His mother or Disciples but to think of praying for him is totally unthinkable! Even nobody thinks of praying for those that are just prophets "not referred to as Son" in the Bible. When i studied the difference between (sawlalaualeiwasalam) and (aleisalatuasalam) i was puzzled because the one always used for Muhammad means (we pray for peace to be upon him) whereas the second which is commonly used for other prophets who are all Israelites means (those with whom God's peace dwells) So while Muslims themselves keep begging God for Muhammad's salvation,this same people keep declaring that Israelites prophets are all saved already!
Wow shocked
You are scary. Where did you get these translations
Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by correctguy101(m): 11:10am On Apr 04, 2018
blackpanthar:

well maybe those that were killed due to his teachings may be troubling him over there...

JESUS IS THE PRINCE OF PEACE..... Mohammed made a life mistake not accepting Jesus

LMAO at the bolded... grin

In a bid to be obsequious and subservient and live in false holiness and self induced servitude, these religious people do funny things and are surprisingly unaware of the import of most of their actions, words and assertions..... $mh

Blackpanthar, I hail o. "Wakanda" thing is that? grin

Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by kolawoleibukun: 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2018
budaatum:

He was alive, amen
He was alive.
Jesus was alive
Then kolawoleibukun murdered him
And now he's dead
Sadly
mumu
Re: If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? by bahaushe1: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
shadeyinka:

How come the Jews don't pray blessings on their dead Prophets
Christians don't pray blessings on their dead Prophets

But Allah knows best as to ask Muslims to do so?
Could it be that it wasn't Allah that commanded this but Mohammed himself?

Because both Jews and Christians have left true teachings of their religions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interesting Things about Godly Fasting & Vision In "Book of Acts" (2nd added) / I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism / Dreams About Being Naked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.