Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday (14629 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her 44th Birthday Today / James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie, Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie & Mother Grace Ifeoma Bond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by activistjohnny(m): 3:29am On Mar 02, 2018
Award winning author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, took to her Facebook page this morning to celebrate her father who turns 86 today March 1st. In her post, Ngozi thanked her Dad for teaching her so many of life's values just by living them.
''HAPPY 86TH BIRTHDAY, DADDY'
Professor Emeritus James Nwoye Adichie
“Odelora Abba”
Born in Abba, Anambra state, on March 1, 1932.

Daddy,
I thank you
For teaching me integrity by example.
For your simple sense of contentment in life, which always put in perspective what truly matters.
For your many stories, which created for me a sense of my history, a firm sense of myself.
For your solid, calm steadiness.
For always believing that I could.
For your humour, for all the family meals enshrined in laughter.
For your wisdom, your Igbo proverbs, your lucid eye.
For your kindness, so sparkling, so true.
I could not be more grateful for the gift that you are in my life.
For the gift that you are to all six of us, your children.
Uwa m uwa ozo, I ga-abu nna m.
Happy 86th Birthday. God Keep You.
~CNA

http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2018/03/author-chimamanda-adichie-celebrates.html

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by activistjohnny(m): 3:30am On Mar 02, 2018
happy birthday to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by chivic(m): 3:44am On Mar 02, 2018
He must be a proud father .
Is one thing to attempt to train up a child in a right way,and its another thing for the child to really incline to your teachings.

19 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by OfficialAwol(m): 3:47am On Mar 02, 2018
Happy Birthday to the d*ck that birthed the literary genius.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by izzou(m): 4:39am On Mar 02, 2018
Happy Birthday to one of my crushes' father

lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by PeinDanzo(m): 11:26am On Mar 02, 2018
Blame buhari for this senseless news
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by pejuakinab: 11:26am On Mar 02, 2018
They guy in 2nd position above me go chop ban now. What nonsense are u posting since
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by hubtiva: 11:26am On Mar 02, 2018
hbd
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by Pavore9: 11:29am On Mar 02, 2018
That is fatherhood.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by Nwaisuochi(m): 11:31am On Mar 02, 2018
HBD Pa Adichie for teaching your daughter about the wickedness of the zoo towards umu CHukwuokikeabiama.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by kanayo76: 11:31am On Mar 02, 2018
Igbo amaka, please, sister Amanda, i have a daughter named after you, she see you as her role model and out of school because of bad economy, please, come and carry her so that she will not waste her talent in this country.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by Thermodynamics(m): 11:33am On Mar 02, 2018
ugamcraving:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol.. When Brother Shaggi Got Angry With Sophia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVPi8YKwa2o

Please guys, what's the title of the song sound track played in the background of the comedy video above, I've been looking for it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by powalez: 11:41am On Mar 02, 2018
i like this girl die.that purple hibiscus of a book en,made my stay in my boarding house if not en. The way seniours been the beat us en. Go make u want to snick home around 12 am
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by alfredilly: 11:43am On Mar 02, 2018
Chimamanda father is the first professor of statistics in Nigeria, and a friend of Chinua Achebe. Chimamanda grew up under Chinua Achebe

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by Doerstech(m): 11:50am On Mar 02, 2018
HBD Sir
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by lawalosky(m): 11:51am On Mar 02, 2018
Hbd Professor!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
Better popsi with better pikin. And some children are busy doing cutism.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by ziggylove01: 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
Totally trusted & Guaranteed cause no chance of loosen...view details,WhatsApp/call
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by MIQueen(f): 2:59pm On Mar 02, 2018
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by hopexter(m): 3:01pm On Mar 02, 2018
wizzakosh:
Better popsi with better pikin. And some children are busy doing cutism.

How did you manage to think of cultism after seeing this beautiful family photos? Are you on a cultist death penalty? You should go to the police before its too late for you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by Donpoker9(m): 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
kanayo76:
Igbo amaka, please, sister Amanda, i have a daughter named after you, she see you as her role model and out of school because of bad economy, please, come and carry her so that she will not waste her talent in this country.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie's 86th Birthday by Martinez19(m): 1:23am On Sep 16, 2018
kanayo76:
It does not work like. Everyone to his/her own struggles. grin

(1) (Reply)

Married Single - A Romance Story / Sugar Binding / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.