Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

"Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says (25694 Views)

Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? / 53-Year-Old Lady Who Got Married In 2014 Welcomes A Bouncing Baby Boy (Photos) / Woman In Adamawa Sees Husband's Romantic Chat With Another Lady On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2018
People still dey marry, If everyone should be like me, I swear our population no go reach UK own. Useless Nigerians. All they know is to Bleep Bleep Bleep steal and drink. Overpopulated Fools.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by princeadams11: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2018
dannytoe:
your fathers house is only comfortable, because ur parents did the same thing u re running from.
Nice one bro
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by marvin906(m): 11:40am On Mar 02, 2018
ask your mother to give you tutorials about marriage..
if it doesn't sink to your head..
you can go back to your daddy house undecided

1 Like

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2018
Who is now asking you to leave your father's house?
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by ibietela2(m): 11:41am On Mar 02, 2018
Otondo moderators how many times will this shit be on front page
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by lilyheaven: 11:41am On Mar 02, 2018
See how this men are commenting, some men are just what she described. As for me no work, in fact you have to pay me salary for my house jobs, because its stressful.

6 Likes

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by khalhokage(m): 11:42am On Mar 02, 2018
She spoke the truth, it's absolutely unfair.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 02, 2018
God did not create women to be providers or bread winners.

Women were made to support men by cooking their foods and taking care of the home.

The man is responsible for feeding his wife and children and as well provide shelter. His wife in turn rewards him with her duty in keeping the home homely and sex.

If women can identify themselves and appreciate their strength, they will have it easier.

Women get mad when men objectify them as sex beings. They are supposed to embrace their uniqueness and follow nature's plan but they want to be the same with men.

They want to work and be independent. Who will breast feed your infants and cook for your children when you are out doing the man's work of providing for the family.

In fact, I will outlaw female employment in Nigeria if I get to rule the country. Men would work, be forced to be responsible and provide for their family. Enact a law that ensures 70% of men's salaries go to home management which the wife will oversee.

I will make a law that will ensure men get married before being employed to avoid men avoiding marriages and leaving women stranded.

This will make the world a better place.

Women want to work, no wahala... If you can combine the work with your responsibilities at home no wahala.

7 Likes

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 02, 2018
What was she thinking when only the man paid Bride price

1 Like

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 02, 2018
When some of us are preparing to go and marry, we lose all common sense. Some of us that our parents can't send at home, will turn to maids for our in-laws. We don't quarrel with bae because we are too busy with bellanaija and planning photoshoot. Uncle has seen other women before us, but he marries us because we are extra accommodating and hardworking. He doesn't know we are pretending. When the wedding is finally over, and marriage begins, we now try to fix things we should have fixed even before courting. We will now start complaining. Deceit never helped anyone.

3 Likes

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 02, 2018
If he is asking for 50/50 when contributing to bills and rent, then it’s 50/50 in all aspects of the house, including house chores. Women should please smarten up and stop being so ridiculous.

You want to work, pay rent, cook food take care of kids, what is now his role? Understand your role in the house, you won’t have any problems. Stop trying to be wonder women, you will live a stress free life and benefit more.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by righthappenings: 11:45am On Mar 02, 2018
I think all she is trying to say is that men should learn to support their women at home, apart from money. Chores can be very draining. If you can't do them, try to get her a maid. I want my wife looking pretty and not tired all the time, so i try to help. If you truly love your wife, i don't this should be a problem at all. However, i am not in support of lazy women, and i am not saying OP is one.

#Beautiful weekend guys

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 02, 2018
PietraK:

Women were made to support men by cooking their foods and taking care of the home.

The man is responsible for feeding his wife and children and as well provide shelter. His wife in turn rewards him with her duty in keeping the home homely and sex.

If women can identify themselves and appreciate their strength, they will have it easier.

Women get mad when men objectify them as sex beings. They are supposed to embrace their uniqueness and follow nature's plan but they want to be the same with men.

They want to work and be independent. Who will breast feed your infants and cook for your children when you are out doing the man's work of providing for the family.

In fact, I will outlaw female employment in Nigeria if I get to rule the country. Men would work, be forced to be responsible and provide for their family. Enact a law that ensures 70% of men's salaries go to home management which the wife will oversee.

I will make a law that will ensure men get married before being employed to avoid men avoiding marriages and leaving women stranded.

Women want to work, no wahala... If you can combine the work with your responsibilities at home no wahala.
they have started making promises but when they there we will hear lion ate our budget
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by BushWickBill: 11:46am On Mar 02, 2018
This is flat out dumb.

Marriage is beyond cooking and cleaning. It's a lifelong commitment that an individual decides to take.

I know marriages where the woman does not cook. I am married to a lovely woman who doesn't always cook for me, by virtue of her career. But it does not diminish my view her of or what I share with her, neither does it make me respect her any less or does it make her respect me any less

Marriage is beyond love and sex and intimacy.

Marriage is about mutual respect, commitment, companionship and friendship. If you fulfill all these, cooking for a man will NOT be an issue.

I

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by marvin906(m): 11:47am On Mar 02, 2018
Safiaaa:
If he is asking for 50/50 when contributing to bills and rent, then it’s 50/50 in all aspects of the house, including house chores. Women should please smarten up and stop being so ridiculous.

no Nigerian guy ask for that undecided undecided
i really don't think have seen anyone ask hes wife to pay half of school fees or rent
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by shugamummy: 11:48am On Mar 02, 2018
Gold digger how did ur mum leave the comfort of her Daddy house to give birth to such a pussy like you...huh....The day u will answer me why ur daddy house is comfort for ur mum and not for u,i go reply u....yimu

2 Likes

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by AreaFada2: 11:48am On Mar 02, 2018
Well, stay for your parents house jeje.

I wonder if your mother dodged wifely responsibilities. You will have been raised in your grandparents house or not exist at all.

Housemaid do most of those chores for those who can afford it.

2 Likes

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 02, 2018
marvin906:

no Nigerian guy ask for that undecided undecided
Really? What Nigerian guy in this generation wants to be responsible for all the bills and finances in the house?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by WhiskeyTangoFox: 11:49am On Mar 02, 2018
topearos:
Mtchew!

I suggest you return to your father's house.

#awonomokomo

Bt she's laid some valid points tho. The only difference between such a wife and a maid is d sex with hubby, and she brings home some income too.....of which some men still de bleep their maids. To me, she talk true and those kind of marriages na jst legit slave trade. Times are changing, we men shld adapt.

10 Likes

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by pressplay411(m): 11:50am On Mar 02, 2018
Being an adult is too demanding let's all stay children.
Some Feminists are just lhiding under feminism when really they're just lazy and selfish.
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by BushWickBill: 11:51am On Mar 02, 2018
AreaFada2:
Well, stay for your parents house jeje.

I wonder if your mother dodged wifely responsibilities. You will have been raised in your grandparents house or not exist at all.

Housemaid do most of those chores for those who can afford it.
Exactly

For me, it's not even about the duties.

It's about the mindset where you feel like cooking for your husband is a big deal. As if he won't eat if you don't cook for him. This mangy b1tch that is complaining about cooking will rush to twitter when she realizes her husband is eating another woman's food or eating outside because she already sees cooking as a chore, not as a duty

The sooner these females start to understand the nitty-gritty about issues of life, the better for them all. This innate stup1dity that is driving the feminist movement will soon consume them

6 Likes

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by marvin906(m): 11:51am On Mar 02, 2018
Safiaaa:
Really? What Nigerian guy in this generation wants to be responsible for all the bills and finances in the house?

my wife taking 50% of the family expenses..
no thanks..
she can contribute buh not that much undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by lilyheaven: 11:51am On Mar 02, 2018
PietraK:

You are correct.
I

3 Likes

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Chari4: 11:53am On Mar 02, 2018
Wether we agree with her or not she has said the truth. Nigerian men makes marriage difficult, it shouldn't be this difficult, men feel entitled forgetting you married your patner not your maid. You both work and you both should take care of the home full stop. If you are not going to assist her in taking care of the home then you should be ready to single handedly take the financial responsibilities without complaining. Men need to know that marriage is a two way string, we both work together to make it work. Don't be selfish

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by imam07: 11:53am On Mar 02, 2018
And you idiot should not complain when your husband stop giving you money to run the house
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by webngnews: 11:54am On Mar 02, 2018
Yes
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 02, 2018
When he is sleeping, sleep beside him and when u both wake up, you both move to kitchen to cook together if cooking alone is your problem.
He might want to sleep and that won't stop because u must cook.

1 Like

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by streetfabulous: 11:55am On Mar 02, 2018
If they both have demanding jobs which is quite common these days, then both man and wife should be involved in the chores back home or agree to get an extra hand to deal with the chores. Why would any husband fold his arms and watch his wife come in after a good days work and labour at the chores while he relaxes.

8 Likes

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Chari4: 11:57am On Mar 02, 2018
PietraK:

This is the most archaic mentality. You want to outlaw female employment? Are you normal? After you ll come and be talking about racism when you cannot even treat your fellow human as equals. God created women as "help meet" get it right not your maid besides how many men can fully support their homes based on their salary, we work together to make the home work. If you need a slave master relationship get a maid.

7 Likes

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 02, 2018
dominique:
Not all marriages, some men are very hands on with house chores and child care. Besides, some women bring this upon themselves. You will go to a man's personal and family homes and turn yourself into their glorified maid just to prove you're 200 yards of wife material. How won't they take you as a glorified maid in marriage?

Some women will go ahead to marry a man that unapologetically told her that chores are solely a woman's duty because they're desperate to marry. Once married, they will see how draining all that housework but they won't be able to complain too much because that's what they signed up for.

Marriage shouldn't be as hard as our people are making it. All it involves are partnership, effective communication, mutual respect and understanding.

Are you married?
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MVLOX(m): 12:01pm On Mar 02, 2018
HeWrites:
A lady on Twitter with the handle @lolaofthenorth took to her twitter TL to ask how marriage do pay women.

According to her, women will have to the comfort of her daddy's house to wake up to cook for some. You both go to work, come back and you (only you) are cooking again. She went further to explain that being married in Nigeria is very Inconveniencing.

Read her full tweets below;

https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/marriage-pays-women-married-nigeria-inconveniencing-lady.html

She no serious.... Yet other wanna get into it asap to start inconveniencing themselves.... Well one man meat na another man poison cha. What she just said is her own opinion
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 02, 2018
She is talking from a restricted mind-set...

If there is money, there will be a cook or cooks sef.
Many times you will even dine outside.

This is a management mind-set...
She is allowed to think so though smiley

It pays to have an open mind smiley

HeWrites:
A lady on Twitter with the handle @lolaofthenorth took to her twitter TL to ask how marriage do pay women.

According to her, women will have to the comfort of her daddy's house to wake up to cook for some. You both go to work, come back and you (only you) are cooking again. She went further to explain that being married in Nigeria is very Inconveniencing.

Read her full tweets below;

https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/marriage-pays-women-married-nigeria-inconveniencing-lady.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Happy 5yrs Anniversary To Us( SEE PHOTOS) / Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? / Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.