Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,531 members, 7,801,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

"Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says (25675 Views)

Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? / 53-Year-Old Lady Who Got Married In 2014 Welcomes A Bouncing Baby Boy (Photos) / Woman In Adamawa Sees Husband's Romantic Chat With Another Lady On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
WhiskeyTangoFox:

Bt she's laid some valid points tho. The only difference between such a wife and a maid is d sex with hubby, maids do this too and she brings home some income too..... maid will happily do this [/b]of which some men still de bleep their maids.[b] ah there it is
if he can afford maid he doesn't need your money so get in the other rooms quick
To me, she talk true and those kind of marriages na jst legit slave trade.yeah
but nobody remember he will pay her rent for 40 yrs
take care of her parents
send her vacation to dubai
buy car for her
train her children
defend her honour to the death
ungrateful btches whoever agrees with this lazy woman
Times are changing, we men shld adapt.
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:39pm On Mar 02, 2018
lilyheaven:

You are correct.
I stopped work , when I gave birth.
My family was mad at me.
I know were they were coming from, am not going to be sending school fees money home again.

why didn't you marry your family
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 02, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
every guy
You sure?
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:43pm On Mar 02, 2018
Chari4:
Wether we agree with her or not she has said the truth. Nigerian men makes marriage difficult,how it shouldn't be this difficult,it isn't men feel entitled we are [/b]forgetting you married your patner not your maid.[b] whats the difference You both work who send you message [/b]and you both should take care of the home full stop.[b]then go back to your fathers house so we can see road clearly and marry useful woman If you are not going to assist her in taking care of the home then you should be ready to single handedly take the financial responsibilities without complaining.how many men have you seen complain,why did you marry useless man Men need to know that marriage is a two way string, we do
we pay bills and protect
you stfu and cook ,clean and kpekus [/b]we both work together to make it work. Don't be selfish
[b]you are the selfish ones
you want the man to pay all the bills and do half housework
if u want us to do housework(fvckboys) then you pay all the bills
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
streetfabulous:
If they both have demanding jobs which is quite common these days,who send una message then both man and wife should be involved in the chores back home or agree to get an extra hand to deal with the chores. Why would any husband fold his arms and watch his wife come in after a good days work and labour at the chores while he relaxes.
cos thats her job
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:53pm On Mar 02, 2018
what do u expect from non marriage material
saouri:
She is talking from a restricted mind-set...

If there is money, there will be a cook or cooks sef.
Many times you will even dine outside.

This is a management mind-set...
She is allowed to think so though smiley

It pays to have an open mind smiley

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
Safiaaa:
You sure?
every guy
now pvssies and btchass niggas i can not speak for
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 02, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
every guy
now pvssies and btchass niggas i can not speak for
Alright
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
Safiaaa:
Will you also contribute to the household and takecare of the kids? which man does'nt contribute to chores and childcare Realistically you men will come back home from work, sit down expect food on the table and go to bed. That’s where the problem is.no,the problem is you pretended to do these things when courting otherwise no ring for you and now want to change the deal halfway. The reason why women are complaining is because they give too much in marriages what are they giving
will they not cook for themselves and their children if the man were dead
will they niot clean their house
do they not enjoy the knacking [/b]without receiving hardly anything.[b]roof over your head
bodyguard
maga/atm
vacations
clothing
car
some start businesses for the unemployable ones
all for 40 yrs
all this is nothing
ungrateful leeches
When you see a husband taking care of his family properly, giving his wife everything she wants and more, why would she complain about doing a little bit of house chores? define proper care
slavery abi
see above in case you're confused [/b]But because men want to relax and have the wife literally do everything, it’s a problem.[b]cooking and cleaning and taking care of your children is not everything
paying the bills is everything
Women are also part of the problem because they want to claim miss independent/Wonder Woman, why won’t men take advantage?who send dem msg Let a man take care of you. Not saying you can’t have your own money or aspirations, that’s also important. But in a marriage let the man know you’re his wife not his mother/roommate. Jeez.
wait wait wait
holup holup holup
so u know all dis and you made me write all dis long tori
you no well
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2018
tosyne2much:
This one never ready to marry nah so she should better enjoy the comfort of her father's house

If as a guy I can wake up earn in the morning to tidy the house and wash the dishes (much more of a lady).

Ladies like this do not surprise me. Had a girl like that that I had to pester and keep reminding her of taking her bathe, tidy the house and wash her own dirty clothes

wait u mean women de wey no de baff and wash cloth
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
PietraK:

Archaic?

Open your mind to the future. There will be a future where population grows and there won't be jobs for 90% of the population.

God did not create men after women equal. Nature did not make men and women equal. We were built to work and provide for the home both physically and emotionally.

Women were built physically and emotionally to take care of the children and home.

If you can't live with it, kill yourself. Archaic or not, you can't cheat nature or rebuilt women.

The ego, the strength and everything masculine makes men providers. Women should learn their place and joy in it.

Consider the solution in my post (employment and salary percentage going to wives)

In fact, what is the difference between "help meet" and house maid? Only sex. maid de service oga nowadays o

Whatever you want to call it... Women were created to help with taking care of the home and raising children. Simple.
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2018
dominique:

My husband does chores, my father does chores as well. Both MEN work and provide for the family and that didn't stop them from assisting in the running of the home. Assisting your wife with the chores doesn't make you less of a man, it only shows that you're caring and considerate. You work in a fully air-conditioned office yet you think you work harder than the one bursting her limbs to keep the home in order, seriously?
never compare brainless automatic repetitive and cleaning cooking with office work
then ask for ac in the kitchen

My son turns seven this month and he has been doing housework since last year. he will be his wife's slave I'm raising him that way so he doesn't turn someone else's daughter into his glorified maid. I'm raising my daughter to know her worth and not settle for less in a relationship or marriage. [b]watch how long for her to find husband [/b]She will never settle for an overgrown boy that thinks he's doing her a favour by marrying her hence she must be their ass locker and ego massager.
he is doing her a favour
just wait till she hits the wall
she will blame you for misleading her
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
erico2k2:

Very correct . You must be very rich to have a cleaner let alone house maid .
any woman running her mouth can afford 30k per month
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Chari4: 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
I am responsible for what I write, you are responsible for whatever the hell you understand. I am not even going to try to explain to you.
MIKOLOWISKA:
you are the selfish ones
you want the man to pay all the bills and do half housework
if u want us to do housework(fvckboys) then you pay all the bills
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
ImaIma1:
Life is not that hard. Someone cannot come and go and die. Marriage is supposed to make one's life better and not to make one party look rugged and overwhelmed.
na you wan look rugged and owhelmed
Women please ask for help. I give hubby work even while he is in front of the tv. Give him pillows to put in the pillow case...give him the kid to dress up or hold while i work...etc.
see sense
You don't have to do everything yourself. Have someone come and clean the house at weekends. Give clothes to drycleaner. Order takeaway sometimes.
how old are you
you don marry

Everything is about wisdom so that we don't loose ourselves and minds because in between all these endless chores, you are still supposed to take care of yourself and look good.

I won't act like a superwoman that can do everything.
no comment on this one
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
dominique:

Not everybody subscribes to this rubbish slave trade practice called bride price biko. Nobody paid kobo on my head and nobody will pay one naira on my daughter's head. That you paid money to marry a woman now means you should turn her into your servant right? no but that she did all these chores bfor ring,she must continue Left to me, this useless bride price culture would have been scrapped since last century. How can you put a price tag on a human being in the name of culture and tradition?
was to test to make sure he could provide for the woman
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
maxdosh:
Not totally saying its wrong for a man to assist. As a man a real man you should be with her in the kitchen. no real man hangs out in the kitchen unless he's a professional chef Even if you can't wash the dishes you should be able to assist her with ur presence so she doesn't feel the bulk of the work. Gist with her and let her gossip her whole day with you while u respond with eh eh, is that so?
That goes a long way in easing the stress
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by tosyne2much(m): 9:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
wait u mean women de wey no de baff and wash cloth
I know what I'm saying bro.. Yes dem dey baba
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by WhiskeyTangoFox: 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
[quote author=MIKOLOWISKA post=65508773][/quote]

Well at least we know d kind of woman u see as a wife, or rather house wife.....Ur cup of tea. The women in my life have much more significance and responsibilities than wot u mentioned. Anyway, goodluck coping with the times.

1 Like

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
Sterope:
When she is alone, she cooks whenever she likes or don't cook at all. I really don't know what your problem is, is not like the guy doesnt eat or clean either when was alone.

I really don't see the essence of marriage if my life is going to be unnecessarily harder than it was.

then stay in your fadas house
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by dukila: 10:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
PietraK:

Without sense I wrote a piece .. You that have sense have nothing or superior argument to offer than insult.

You are an animal.

So your evidence of sense is by writing an epistle? Smh.
I'm in awe of your level of senselessness, thats why i cant even waste my time putting forth any form of argument. Imean how can i compete with such levels of stupidity? Please return to the cave where u crawled out from.
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
WhiskeyTangoFox:

Well at least we know d kind of woman u see as a wife, or rather house wife.....Ur cup of tea.precisely The women in my life have much more significance and responsibilities than wot u mentioned. Anyway, goodluck coping with the times.
your life
your problem
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
tosyne2much:
I know what I'm saying bro.. Yes dem dey baba
na wa o
i de hia dis wan for first time
i think say na me rugged pass
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
Chari4:
I am responsible for what I write, you are responsible for whatever the hell you understand. I am not even going to try to explain to you.
same to you
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by dukila: 10:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
PietraK:

Without sense I wrote a piece .. You that have sense have nothing or superior argument to offer than insult.

You are an animal.

So your evidence of sense is by writing an epistle? Smh, u really dont have sense.
I'm in awe of your level of senselessness, thats why i cant even waste my time putting forth any form of argument with you. Imean how can i compete with such levels of stupidity? There really is no point. Please return to the cave where u crawled out from.
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
very
Safiaaa:
You sure?
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
bukatyne:

While you sound so hip in theory, the person you quoted understand married life and the OP better and offers an average woman a better option.

Running the home + full time work is killing that's why most wives look stressed and miserable than their husbands.
yet the men die bfor the woman
lazy women they are
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
Safiaaa:
And again, of what use is it to marry a ‘comfortable’ lady if you’re taking up all the financial responsibility in the house? That’s not what you as a man should look for in a woman. Her money shouldn’t be important to you, what is important is her wifely qualities and her ability to take care of your children and home. If she’s financial stable on her own, it’s just a bonus, not a necessity. Unless you’re looking for someone to help you with your job.
men only want comfortable women in case they die she will be able to care for herself and his children not to pay bills
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:22pm On Mar 02, 2018
erico2k2:

Tbh some aspect of living in Nigeria is on the high side compared to the west . If we where to have electricity 24/7
We will pay more .
Healthcare , security etc
if we hv electricity we will earn more
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2018
Safiaaa:
I understand that economically Nigeria is not on the level it should be. Making it harder for men to provide fully. However if you want to adjust financially due to the economic strain, then you must adjust domestically due the physical strain it will cost your wife. Do you understand? You cannot do things that are only beneficial for yourself. That’s not how marriage works.

Now when a man loses his job, the roles may be reversed and the man has to work extra hard to reverse those roles back to normal, otherwise their will be problems. If the woman becomes the man in the household for too long, it will damage the relationship and it will possibly crash. Things happen and I understand that, but one should never be content with that.
any woman that uses her husbands downfall against him is not a wife
he chose wrongly
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:26pm On Mar 02, 2018
Safiaaa:
There’s nothing like supporting you financially. Do your job, I do mine and they’ll be no complications. That’s how we support each other.
you don't need a husband
you need a roomate
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by corpershun: 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2018
I Keep saying Men are becoming disposable with the women becoming more intuned with the home and business front.

On Mother's day so many of this men commenting here would practically worship their mothers and the circle continues...but watch how Father's day will turn out, some men would not even receive as little as a phone call from the kids they were working hard to provide for cos they missed the bonding time between parent and child.

Many children adore their mothers and most people commenting especially those from average homes know deep within themselves that Women are Unique, a woman would do 8-5 or run a business (akara, food joint, hawking) etc and still go home to make sure the house is comfortable.

Every child both male and female knows this and as much as the male ego tends to play on this topic, the TRUTH stands. Women are a Force!

Now too much of religion has made men egoistic but I put it that marriage is a joint effort; Both house chores and financial provision should be a joint effort between two MATURE individuals and not this small boys running in pants on nairaland.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Okay For A Man To Cry In Front Of His Woman? / Happy 5yrs Anniversary To Us( SEE PHOTOS) / Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.