Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Reverend Father Arrested In Osun For Stealing And Selling Baby (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Reverend Father Arrested In Osun For Stealing And Selling Baby (Photo) (653 Views)

Father Arrested For Killing His Son For Money Rituals, Corpse Exhumed (photos) / Usifo Ataga: Chidinma's Father Arrested, Lecturers, Classmates Shocked / Father Arrested For Raping His 13-Year-Old Daughter In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reverend Father Arrested In Osun For Stealing And Selling Baby (Photo) by BloggersNG: 6:50am On Mar 02, 2018
The Osun State Police Command has arrested a Reverend Father who claimed to be the parish priest at Our Lady of Fatima, Woliwo, Onitsha, Anambra State, Rev. Father Chike Ejiofor, for his alleged involvement in the stealing of an 18-month-old baby, Abdullahi Azeez, in Osogbo, the Osun State capital.

The Commissioner of Police in Osun State, Mr. Fimihan Adeoye, led other officers to parade the suspects at the police headquarters in Osogbo on Thursday.

One of the suspects, 28-year-old Joy Esu, said she had approached the mother of the baby at her shop and pretended that she wanted to learn tailoring and the mother accepted.

Two days after, Esu said she absconded with the baby when the mother went to the market to buy some things.

She said she gave the baby to her boyfriend, Sidney Onwuka. who then sold the baby to one Maxwell Agu, who claimed to be running a government registered orphanage at Orlu, Imo State.

The cleric, during interrogationwith journalists, said he contacted the operator of the orphanage, after a woman called him that she needed a male child to adopt..

He said, “This woman, Elizabeth, met me after adoration and said she wanted to adopt a male child. I contacted Maxwell (Agu) because I know that he has an orphanage. He brought a form for adoption.

My hands, legs and entire body are in the trap now, how do I extricate myself? I only wanted to help the woman; I had no other intention.”

The CP said the baby was sold for N800,000 and the sale of the baby was facilitated by the reverend father.

He said the suspects stole the baby and drugged him so that he would not cry out when they were taking him away from Osun State.

News from Ebiwali--
https://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2018/03/reverend-father-his-accomplice-arrested.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Reverend Father Arrested In Osun For Stealing And Selling Baby (Photo) by DWJOBScom(m): 7:06am On Mar 02, 2018
So the Rev. Fr. should be let off the whole hook joor
Re: Reverend Father Arrested In Osun For Stealing And Selling Baby (Photo) by kitaatita: 7:49am On Mar 02, 2018
DWJOBScom:
So the Rev. Fr. should be let off the whole hook joor

I share your opinion fully. He introduced someone to an orphanage and the person gave up a child for adoption. The priest facilitated the adoption. So what?
Re: Reverend Father Arrested In Osun For Stealing And Selling Baby (Photo) by DWJOBScom(m): 8:01am On Mar 02, 2018
kitaatita:

I share your opinion fully. He introduced someone to an orphanage and the person gave up a child for adoption. The priest facilitated the adoption. So what?

They just wanted a sensitive headline
Re: Reverend Father Arrested In Osun For Stealing And Selling Baby (Photo) by wakaman: 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
Yanmiris spreading crime like bacterial disease.
Criminal minded people.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Policeman Kills Soldier In Delta (see Photos) / Pregnant Woman Shot Dead By Rival Gang A Day After Her Brother’s Funeral / Man Shot Dead By A Slay Girlfriend While Playing Live On Facebook. (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.