Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders (15166 Views)

Fatima, Mamman Daura’s Daughter: Aisha Buhari Attacked Us In Aso Rock / Southwest On Standby As Igbo Leaders Protest Obi’s Choice As Atiku Running Mate / "How IPOB Members Stopped Soldiers From Entering My House" – Nnamdi Kanu Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by QuotaSystem: 7:20am On Mar 02, 2018
By Emeka Mamah, Clifford Ndujihe, Vincent Ujumadu, Anayo Okoli & Dennis Agbo

IGBO leaders, who were attacked by youths suspected to be members of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB and other pro-Biafra agitation groups in a meeting in Enugu on Tuesday have reeled out gory tales of how they nearly lost their lives during the commotion.

Secretary of Igbo Leaders of Thought, ILT, and former director-general of the National Orientation Agency, NOA, Prof Elochukwu Amucheazi, said he nearly lost his life during fracas. A group of youths suspected to be members of IPOB and other pro –Biafra groups disrupted the event which was meant to honour some notable Igbo, including the first republic president, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chief Mbazulike Amaechi and late Chief Sam Mbakwe, among others. Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB however, issued a statement yesterday, denying involvement in the attack.

Amucheazi told Vanguard on the telephone that, although his red cap, eye glasses and mobile telephone which were forcefully taken away from him were immediately returned, he was still in shock over the attack. He said: “I was there to see Prof Nwabueze, as I didn’t even know about the awards or that anybody would be honoured. “Before much was said, they started shouting and started throwing sachet (pure) water at me. They wanted to destroy my car. We were cautioning them to listen to the elders so that they would learn from them, but they refused to listen.

IPOB not applying right method– Maria Okwor

Also giving account of what happened, Deputy leader of the Eastern Consultative Assembly, ECA, Chief Mrs Maria Okwor said that the young members of the Indigenous People of Biafra were not applying the appropriate method pursuant of their agitation for a separatist country. She said that IPOB and other Pro-Biafra groups should accept restructuring Nigeria for now, noting that if the country is restructured, it would be easier to realise the autonomous country as being agitated by the groups. Okwor who was reacting to the disruption of ECA meeting in Enugu on Tuesday observed that the Dr Dozie Ikedife-led Biafra agitation group was going about the quest legally and asked the younger agitators to take it easy. She however asked President Muhammadu Buhari to listen to voice of the angry Nigerians and devise a means of assuaging the monumental anger in the country. “Nobody is happy, we are all dissatisfied. Look at the security hierarchy, there is no Igbo there. They said they have defeated Boko Haram but they are still there. I sympathise with these youths and their lives no longer mean anything to them.

Incident was unfortunate—Mbazulike Amaech

Reacting to the incident, First Republic Minister of Aviation, Chief Mbazulike Amaechi yesterday described as unfortunate, the disruption of the event of the Igbo leaders in Enugu, advising those who had any reason to protest against any perceived injustice meted out to them to always adopt peaceful means in fighting their cause. “After my address, I was honoured before I left and there was no objection or murmur from the crowd. As I was going, I saw a lot of buses heading towards the venue. It was in the Vanguard Newspaper that I read that there was disruption. “Our people should not forget what Zik did for the country. With him as our leader, we confronted the colonial masters and chased them away and took over government. If not what we did, Nigeria would not have got her independence at the time she did,” he said.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/how-ipob-attacked-us-at-enugu-meeting-igbo-leaders/

1 Like

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by Ever8054: 7:31am On Mar 02, 2018
ipob ....again?...I thought we have gone past that issue since the day director took off to the great beyond...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by Throwback: 7:31am On Mar 02, 2018
A fundamentalist terrorist group must conform to its global characteristic.

It must force its own opinion and will on others, eventually destroying anything or anyone that does not kowtow to its demands.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:34am On Mar 02, 2018
Useless thread

When the elders no they respect themselves kan?

58 Likes

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by Okoroawusa: 7:43am On Mar 02, 2018
When Kanu was jumping up and down what did these Igbo leaders do?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by nkwuocha: 7:46am On Mar 02, 2018
They should have dragged those red caps off their heads. grin cheesy

Igbos have no respect/patience for foolishness no matter the age.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by loveth360(f): 7:58am On Mar 02, 2018
If you people where attacked,you people wont have mouth to talk about it.

If you want to be foolish elder just go to west,that is where foolish elders are been honoured.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by Amoto94(m): 8:17am On Mar 02, 2018
Peaceful group indeed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by raymexx: 8:29am On Mar 02, 2018
If those foolish and stupid elders that don't respect themselves wants to be respected they should move over to the brown roof Republic, that's where betrayal is being valued and honored not in Igboland.

20 Likes

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 02, 2018
loveth360:

If you want to be foolish elder just go to west,that is where foolish elders are been honoured.
I know you must find way to mention west just for you to have a complete life for today. Now, go home and tell your father your dream has been fulfiled and that you are taking the likes you will get to diamond bank, an igbo bank to collect millions to feed your impoverished family. And at the bolded, next time, learn how to use 'being' and 'been' in sentences. Bimbo.

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by gidgiddy: 9:24am On Mar 02, 2018
How laughable

Media outlets love to sensationalise headlines

I wonder how someone can "almost lose their life" by having their red cap, eyeglasses and phone taken from them but returned?

And the people saying that IPOB attacked the place do not want to explain how IPOB attacked the place. Did IPOB go there with guns and knives and attack the people like the Herdsmen? Or did IPOB just storm the place?

Opposing groups disrupt meetings all over the world, it is not a new phenomenon.

A lot of people are trying to make IPOB look bad but it will never be possible becsuse IPOB does not use arms and they dont kill people.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by chernest2002: 9:38am On Mar 02, 2018
Ever8054:
ipob ....again?...I thought we have gone past that issue since the day director took off to the great beyond...
as you can see they will be there as long as Nigeria remains, from ojukwu to uwazulike, nnamdi kanu and it goes on. Until Nigeria is ready to do justice .

2 Likes

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by wakaman: 9:42am On Mar 02, 2018
Train your child in the way and fear of God, teach him respect, humility and honesty, when he grows up, it would make a good man of him.

To the yanmiri elders live with the consequences of your ineptitude to train and mentor your youths.

You passed the civil war progroms and other non progessive sentiments to them, and now you rip it fold over.

Yanmiri youths to your own be done.

God bless the rest of Nigeria.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by Samogbo1(m): 9:45am On Mar 02, 2018
Sorry
Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by paymentvoucher: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2018
All I see is Igbo attacking Igbo.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by Nonaira3: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2018
Even though ipob leaders condemned the act of those boys; i think ipob should recant that condemnation and apologize immediately. Those boys were 110 percent right on what they did. Every igbo leader deserve nothing but more insult, and ridicule. The same fools they here condemning brave men for "attacking" ( if you call what they did attack) were the same fools that sat down and kept quiet when igbo youths were getting murdered by that shithole country and government. Infact wasn't it igbo elders that gave buhari a title and this shit was after operation python were that bastard ordered the killing of Igbo children.. The children they supposed to fight for.

Kudos to those boys that "attacked" them and Bleep ipob leader that condemned them. If it was Nnamdi Kanu, he would have said it like it is and care less on who takes offense. That new deputy is weak as Bleep. Ipob should seriously get rid of him.

12 Likes

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by EarthXmetahuman: 9:47am On Mar 02, 2018
nkwuocha:

yes o

We lack respect.. That's why we wake our parents up with sliding tackle.

18 Likes

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by marvin906(m): 9:47am On Mar 02, 2018
bunch of useless scum undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by usba: 9:47am On Mar 02, 2018
Like I have said PMB should have allowed Cownu teach this hypocritical elders of the east what Biafraudu has to offer.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by Pavore9: 9:49am On Mar 02, 2018
Sighs....
Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by kabrud: 9:49am On Mar 02, 2018
nkwuocha:

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by skales67(m): 9:53am On Mar 02, 2018
I am not a fan of IPOB but I think that attack was staged by some heinous people who want to seize the opportunity of making IPOB appear as terrorists in the eyes of international bodies.

And to the monkey above me, go put yourself to good use rather than posting trash!

3 Likes

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by SanusiGworo: 9:54am On Mar 02, 2018
[s]
Rmxr:
Isn't that how they wake you people up at home?
The only thing I'm waiting for them to do is to burn down their potopoto region boko haram style . Foolish people
[/s]

15 Likes

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by BafanaBafana: 9:54am On Mar 02, 2018
Good for them. When Ipob started, they were all paying lip service and supporting them behind the seen. Now the stench of the mess they refused to clean is choking them.

And those ignorant youth should keep destroying the political future of the igbos.

4 Likes

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by Hardyfocus: 9:55am On Mar 02, 2018
https://www.instagram.com/hardyfocusss/
Please we kindly need your likes and views on our page
������We are new to the industry we need a good fan page...if you love with twins then you love us...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by wakaman: 9:56am On Mar 02, 2018
loveth360:

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 02, 2018
Attacked? The zoo media with sensational headlines.

Those attacked in the Middle belt by the Fulani terrorists have been buried, or those Boko Haram kidnapped. That is the meaning of attack.

Those elders should take time,in Igbo land respect is earned, not given because you're an elder.

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How IPOB Attacked Us At Enugu Meeting— Igbo Leaders by drlaykay(m): 9:59am On Mar 02, 2018
This was how BOKO HARAM started

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara State Governor Visiting Kawaye Village After The Death Of 13 People / National Convention: Buhari Puts Off Meeting With APC Governors / Armed Thugs Storm Enugu Polling Unit, Several Persons Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.