Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Inec Chief Cry Out, Says: I Won’t Be Intimidated - Inec Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Chief Cry Out, Says: I Won’t Be Intimidated - Inec Chairman (448 Views)

Ekiti Election: INEC Chief, Zakari Demands Apology From Fayose / We Can’t Be Intimidated By Your Arrests, Muscling; Secondus Tells Buhari / Senate Cannot Be Intimidated – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec Chief Cry Out, Says: I Won’t Be Intimidated - Inec Chairman by tommykiwi(m): 8:54am On Mar 02, 2018
POLITICS – Latest report as the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Mahmood Yakubu, has said he would not be intimidated by partisan pressure.

“I have passed the stage where someone can intimidate me to do what is wrong,” Yakubu said in the current edition of The Interview.

He made this statement in light of concerns about voter registration and accusations by politicians that INEC could not be trusted to conduct free and fair elections.

In a recent comment, Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, said the report of under-age voting in Kano had damaged confidence in INEC.

Yakubu, however, said, “I have passed that stage, where I can be intimidated, with due respect. And the real test is in what we have done (178 ‘mini’ elections) so far. The most interesting thing for me is that both parties accuse us equally. So, that means we are doing something right.”

He said he had never faced any pressure from the Presidency, or any other quarters, to bend the rules.

“We know that poorly conducted elections are a recipe for disaster,” Yakubu said. “We will never tread that path.”

The MD/Editor-In-Chief of The Interview, Azu Ishiekwene, described the interview as “the first barometer of Yakubu’s INEC in the last three years.

source....http://mynationnews.com/2018/03/02/inec-chief-cry-out-says-i-wont-be-intimidated/

Re: Inec Chief Cry Out, Says: I Won’t Be Intimidated - Inec Chairman by aolawale025: 9:00am On Mar 02, 2018
Revise the voters register to rid under age voters then you would be taken seriously

1 Like

Re: Inec Chief Cry Out, Says: I Won’t Be Intimidated - Inec Chairman by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 02, 2018
The turnaround of Nigeria is not through your polls.

1 Like

Re: Inec Chief Cry Out, Says: I Won’t Be Intimidated - Inec Chairman by bloodmoneyspita: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2018
fake news from hell.

first find out who registered the underaged kids then I'll believe you.

(1) (Reply)

Fire Guts Electric Power Substation In Uyo (pictures) / I Lost A Brother, Confidant, Dogara Mourns Sen. Wakili / Open Advise And Must Read To All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.