Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

"I Pray I Don't Kill Anthony Joshua In The Ring" - Deontay Wilder - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I Pray I Don't Kill Anthony Joshua In The Ring" - Deontay Wilder (1071 Views)

Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / Andy Ruiz Jr Agrees To Fight Anthony Joshua In Saudi Arabia Rematch / Deontay Wilder Shoves Off Tyson Fury During Fight Promotional Campaign (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Pray I Don't Kill Anthony Joshua In The Ring" - Deontay Wilder by Hotsports: 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
Deontay Wilder, WBC heavyweight champion and a likely line up for Nigeria’s heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua in a future unification bout has admitted he fears for own and opponent’s safety and never wants to see anybody die in the ring ahead of his WBC defense against Luiz Ortiz on Saturday.

The “Bronze Bomber” in an interview with BBC said he always feared for his opponents before every fight.

Considered as one of the most destructive knockout artists in boxing, Wilder has won 38 matches out of his 39 wins with knock outs against his opponents.

The 32-year-old admitted that he risks his life every time he steps in the ring.

“But we know that it’s part of it, and a strong possibility. ‘We are the only crazy people who sign up to do this to entertain people. We are risking our lives to have families. ‘I say two prayers before I fight, one that I knock my opponent out, and one that I don’t hurt him, so he can go back to his family.’

British boxer Westgarth was hospitalized directly after winning a ten-round fight, but tragically died on Sunday night which sparked fresh discussions about boxers’ safety and Wilder admitted it was something always on his mind.

http://hotsportstv.com/deontay-wilder-blows-hot-for-ortiz/

Re: "I Pray I Don't Kill Anthony Joshua In The Ring" - Deontay Wilder by AntiWailer: 12:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
lol.

Mouth.

With all the Pregnant Boxers he was boxing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Pray I Don't Kill Anthony Joshua In The Ring" - Deontay Wilder by opomulero101(m): 12:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
Usual ranting.
Re: "I Pray I Don't Kill Anthony Joshua In The Ring" - Deontay Wilder by Hotsports: 3:49pm On Mar 02, 2018
well, the guy is a beast though
Re: "I Pray I Don't Kill Anthony Joshua In The Ring" - Deontay Wilder by Amadaz(m): 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2018
No match for AJ, I fear of his own safety instead.

2 Likes

Re: "I Pray I Don't Kill Anthony Joshua In The Ring" - Deontay Wilder by solardisting: 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2019
this man is sick in his brains and it is a shame he exists speaking like this. very bad mind

(1) (Reply)

OMG!! AS Roma Stars Threaten To Beat Up Mohamed Salah / Betting Sites With Partial Cash Out / When Last Did You See This Kind Of Score Line In Football?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.