Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers (14755 Views)

Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars? / 5 Things You Should NEVER Do With Automatic Transmission Cars / Conversion of manual window winder to electric/ power winder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by mvem(m): 7:42am On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

Wrong assumption. I know quite few people who can drive manual but can't drive automatic
...you are kidding me...na big lie...put car for "d" and that's all...I bet u can't drive manual.... The only ones that might not be able to drive an auto are old folks that are not conversant with an auto, but tell them what to do and they will drive it comfortably.... But u can't say vice versa...many that drive only auto can't even move a manual car

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 03, 2018
Manual is bliss....
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by dom(m): 7:44am On Mar 03, 2018
Ernestbukky:
Team manual. Major of car racing and successful robbery are being done with manual cars cool
lmao@successful robberies
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Chiedu4Trump: 7:53am On Mar 03, 2018
Yankee101:
If you can drive shift, automatic is easy to teach yourself. But it's not vice versa.
Wetin be "But it's not vice versa"?

Learning manual na to start afresh.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 03, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
If u can drive manual, you automatically drive automatic. But someone who drives only automatic can't drive manual. That changing of gear eh

true talk, with manual you can still start ur car even if the battery is dead, automatics are for handicapped drivers
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Yankee101: 8:04am On Mar 03, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

Wetin be "But it's not vice versa"?

Learning manual na to start afresh.

Na English. Look am well well

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by MrFly(m): 8:07am On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

Wrong assumption. I know quite few people who can drive manual but can't drive automatic
i doubt u.. Put am for D and move, na drive be dat?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by miketayo(m): 8:07am On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

who are those ppl ..they need serious help grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 03, 2018
matthew49:
When driving auto,i sometimes sleep on the wheel,but manual cars makes alert all the time

Lol.. I remember telling my friend that I wish the FG should ban women from driving Automatic, all women should drive manual.

Imagine a woman doing make up on steering, haba.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by kan12(m): 8:12am On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

My bro.they don't want to drive,and not they can't drive it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by ubox: 8:23am On Mar 03, 2018
psalmson001:
You want to kill somebody grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by deebrownneymar: 8:31am On Mar 03, 2018
It's just like saying type writters are better than PCs. Smh.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nosaghae(m): 8:39am On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

That not possible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by etrange: 8:43am On Mar 03, 2018
The only reason is cause we've spent a lot of time learning the hard way and we're a bit envious of those who learnt effortlessly so we somehow need to make them feel there's something they are missing. Fact is, difficulty does not mean efficiency.

Just like the world moved on from analog to digital computers, we're already moving on from manual to automatic transmission. Get over it and stop drawing us back with your mangled ego.

As if you'd go for a manual car if you went to buy one today.....

5 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by mrtayesynchro(m): 8:44am On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

Bros you got it wrong, it is because automatic transmission is boring to them and not that they don't understand the mechanism or dynamics as to engaging the gear or moving the vehicle which a first day learner driver would drive easily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by RealGucci: 8:54am On Mar 03, 2018
im going back to manual.
i miss benz o.
i turbo from challenge enter iyaganku..men see speed and it was jus 10min turbo speed.i zoom pass shoprite like jet.lsst last e show yellow yank

reserve tins
but i stil prefer auto abeg
one hand wit comfort
unlike manual
two legs.two hands always.
dem no born u well to drive manual wit one hand one leg
say who die.
ahan. u must dey alert always.hands on gear 24/7
legs on cluth and brake ..accelerator na oyo o.
if e never master u.
u go bash enuf ppl for traffic trying to start manual car on gear and u nor match clutch

the main shiit is
manual gear shifting cars are wey cheaper than automatic ones.lobatan auto..2.5m... manual camry 1.6m all toks

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by donstefano8(m): 9:11am On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

that person must be totally daft not to transition into auto drive when it's the easiest to do undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by uuzba(m): 9:30am On Mar 03, 2018
deebrownneymar:
It's just like saying type writters are better than PCs. Smh.

But for what it does, a typewriter is better than a PC.
Give 2 jobs to 2 people. 1 on type writer the other on PC.
Tell them to type out a letter.
After 10minutes, the person on the typewriter has typed the letter, it is on paper and he has submitted it to you.
-
After 3 hrs the person on PC has not logged out of Facebook. 4hrs, he is looking for ink for the printer. 5hrs, NEPA took light.
-
It's all about focus. Manual transmission helps you focus on the driving. Automatic -> WhatsApp/Facebook.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by akmath: 9:35am On Mar 03, 2018
Ernestbukky:
Team manual. Major of car racing and successful robbery are being done with manual cars cool
Oga wetin bring robbery come here now?

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Mikkylounge: 10:28am On Mar 03, 2018
The truth is, it depends on the car and the location. Lagos is not a place to drive a stick shift, it's stressful enough driving auto stick in traffic. I drove stick as an undergraduate but when i started working, i got an auto. I like stick for weekends and low traffic situations, and auto for daily drivers. Guys, people have a right to their choices, there really sin't any need to be obstinate because someone makes a choice that's different from yours.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by R0ckefeller: 10:39am On Mar 03, 2018
If you nor like anything wey deal with racing, fun in driving that real drivers get but just the comfort of a car alone go for automatic transmission but if you like those things join comfort of driving na manual or SAT transmission sure pass.

you don ever see any car wey dey get racing option no get manual or SAT just automatic no now
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Bmedels26(f): 10:42am On Mar 03, 2018
Automatic! i can not come and go and kill myself
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Mikkylounge: 10:56am On Mar 03, 2018
R0ckefeller:
If you nor like anything wey deal with racing, fun in driving that real drivers get but just the comfort of a car alone go for automatic transmission but if you like those things join comfort of driving na manual or SAT transmission sure pass.

you don ever see any car wey dey get racing option no get manual or SAT just automatic no now

A lot of racing cars and super cars have the stick as an option. For a really fast car, i prefer auto with paddle shifters
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 03, 2018
An automatic driver CANNOT or CAN NEVER drive a manual car except he learns.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

It's not possible.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by sholajohn(f): 11:41am On Mar 03, 2018
Manual is bae � while auto is boring �
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Chiedu4Trump: 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
Yankee101:

Na English. Look am well well
I just use style concur

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Yankee101: 12:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:

I just use style concur

Cool

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 03, 2018
quentin06:

true talk, with manual you can still start ur car even if the battery is dead, automatics are for handicapped drivers
I prefer automatic though
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by emmykey0128(m): 12:59pm On Mar 03, 2018
Baba are you related to lie momahamed? Wetin dey automatic wey person wey dey drive manual no go fit drive am I beg tell me, shey na P, d and R he no go sabi ni? I learnt driving with Manuel and automatically
I drive automatic transmission without wahala
lonelydora:

Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Kobicove(m): 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2018
All James bond's cars are manual... grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers by Emusan(m): 1:50pm On Mar 03, 2018
lonelydora:

I totally agree with you

Before I thought it's impossible until my friend proof me wrong.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinted Glass: Is Police Permit Legally Required In Nigeria? / Solar-powered Cars For Nigerians By 2018 / Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.