Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide (37530 Views)

Access Bank Flouts CBN Directive, Sack Over 300 Staff In Anambra And Abia States / Arik Air Sacks 300 Workers / Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by teepain: 7:07am On Mar 03, 2018
NaijaMutant:

From your logic:

If Dokpesi had to rely on your supposedly blood money from your supposedly useless politicians to pay ordinary salaries to his staff, it shows how bad the economy has become that his business can no longer break even.

I know this is beyond your comprehension undecided

It is on record that Dokpesi was never a good employer; even when GEJ was in power and he had access to state funds through Dasuki and others he still owed his workers.

We should not politicise every thing.

3 Likes

Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by dude(m): 7:13am On Mar 03, 2018
Let's please use our objective minds when sending posts. True, the present Buhari regime is appalling and has fallen short of expectations. But as far as DAAR and Dokpesi is concerned, non payment of salaries long proceed the present Buhari era. I knew AIT Abuja actively in 2007/08 when I was dating a staff in the advert department. Even then, the issue of non payment of salaries proceeded that time. It was a regular discussion amongst staff. Dokpesi has a over a decade history of poor staff welfare. Safe to conclude that this latest disengagement of staff has little to do with Buhari. What I fail to understand is how he blew up all he amassed under the 'friendly' GEJ regime. It's truly truly sad. God help the affected people

3 Likes

Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by chngebeginwthme: 7:18am On Mar 03, 2018
stanluiz:
Thousands of people has lost their job in this administration because of buhari incompetency and inefficiency.
Yes ooo because Buhari has fail to release free money for useless businessmen.. hahhaa

Can you even tell me what is AIT doing, I haven't switch to that station since January first..
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by teepain: 7:19am On Mar 03, 2018
AnanseK:

AIT survived so far on corruption. Check out the billions of Naira paid to them by Jonathan for 2015 election propaganda.
Does it mean that the looted largess is finished?

Spot on!

AIT have always survived at the expense of the general public:

1. There was a time that Dokpesi solicited for donations from Nigerians for his business (Raypower), after a supposed fire outbreak. He made some cool amount of money through that scheme.

2. Daar Communications made a bogus initial public offer through the Nigerian Stock Exchange and divested people of their hard earned money without any commensurate benefit.

3. He collected funds from Dasuki and still didn't pay his staff then.

Dokpesi is a phoney businessman.

2 Likes

Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 03, 2018
when you run a business sorely on patronage rather than provision of quality services, why wont it collapse.

1 Like

Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by kremzo: 7:58am On Mar 03, 2018
The mismanagement of the country has led to countless retrenchment by companies
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by scave(m): 8:33am On Mar 03, 2018
everyone always blame the government for every misfortune that occur APC PDP are all the same what are u planning to do to improve the economy on your own. ask ur self that question? if nothing short up and leave d politicians that cannot change alone.we always blame others for our misfortune, if start blaming our self that is when we can make this country better because we will be on our toes to help the nation.
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by perdollar(m): 8:33am On Mar 03, 2018
dts d state of d nation under modern jihadist
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by Throwback: 9:10am On Mar 03, 2018
NaijaMutant:

From your logic:

If Dokpesi had to rely on your supposedly blood money from your supposedly useless politicians to pay ordinary salaries to his staff, it shows how bad the economy has become that his business can no longer break even.

Was there anytime Dokpesi did not depend on free flow of money from the political systems of Nigeria?

All the PDP state governments that were inviting AIT to cover the most irrelevant government ceremonies, no longer have the capacity for such waste in addition to the pool of PDP states being reduced.

All the PDP national events and jamborees have become local events that no longer have coverage due to absence of government funding with public funds.

The same AIT have always struggled and owed salary from inception. Every Nigerian knows this. AIT has always survived on political patronage. It is only certain that such an enterprise that is hinged on waste of public funds by the political class, would wither away naturally went its political partner is no longer in government.

As far back as 2001, AIT/Daar Comunications was on its knees begging for money from the general public, with many staff being owed months of salary, and some staff quitting the media company. In the aftermath of that struggle to pay up loans owed to banks and salaries, it managed to continue surviving with constant salary defaults and political patronage from the PDP that was at the states and at the federal government.

2 Likes

Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by deleo16(m): 9:11am On Mar 03, 2018
Dottore:
I know someone in AIT Enugu branch. She said she and many others have not been paid for almost 3 years now.

You see the tales of woe of job seekers. I keep telling people to crave for self employment but they won't listen. Now she has nothing to fall back on. All her suits and fine corporate attires don rotten
chai

1 Like

Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by nnamdi7160: 9:20am On Mar 03, 2018
teemanbastos:
AIT enjoyed GEJ's goodwill when there was money to throw about, Buhari's goodwill doesn't extend beyond family members.
Both have good intentions but their intentions have proven not to be enough as their employees loot the treasury with reckless abandon.

Come to think of it, AIT has been in existance even during abacha's era.
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by Expl0rers: 9:37am On Mar 03, 2018
the suffer continues

Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by nex(m): 10:06am On Mar 03, 2018
Raymond Dokpesi has always been a very bad business man. I remember about 2003 when he was soliciting funds from Nigerians to keep AIT afloat. About 2008 DAAR Communications sold shares to Nigerians (https://www.proshareng.com/news/Stock%20&%20Analyst%20Updates/DAAR-Communications-list-N40-billion-shares/5015) which Raymond Dokpesi personally used most of the funds realized to compensate himself.

He tried to use AIT to blackmail Nigerian politicians, especially at the Federal level, but neither Obasanjo nor Yar'Adua fell for it. Goodluck Jonathan, the clueless one though, settled Raymond Dokpesi with hundreds of millions of Naira of Nigeria's public funds.

Aside the fact that there's no more Federal Government money for Raymond Dokpesi and his AIT to squander, we must admit that the economy really is bad, however, Raymond Dokpesi was not paying his staff even when the economy was better, and even when he was getting hundreds of millions of Naira in slush funds from the GEJ administration.

I hope these 300 workers will collect salaries owed to them before they accept their sack, or file a suit for Government to take over AIT, and sell it to settle their pay.

2 Likes

Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by sidefresh: 10:17am On Mar 03, 2018
the last salary paid in AIT was august 2016 dokpesi is a wicked man some people are even owe for yes in AIT today God will judge that wicked man call dokpesi

1 Like

Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by lakesider(m): 10:25am On Mar 03, 2018
[quote author=CaptainJeffry post=65511379]Buhari has finished Nigeria. No need to lie about any repositioning, economy is bad on AIT.

God please help the family of those disengaged staff.[/quote

Use ur sense , na only AIT get TV station

1 Like

Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by adetes: 10:31am On Mar 03, 2018
I need to employed someone preferably muslim sister BTW the age of 20 and 25, and must b graduate in marketing or economics
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by Moukandjo: 11:15am On Mar 03, 2018
chronique:
It's funny how some brain dead nitwits are attributing this solely to lack of patronage from govt,forgetting that this same station was a pioneer TV station in the broadcast industry even without govt intervention, and carried out expansion even when Jonathan wasn't yet in power. Until Nigerians begin to tell themselves the truth, nothing would ever change in this country.
Mor0n, when did this happen?
http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/25/ait-staff-shut-down-benin-station-over-unpaid-salaries/

Under Buhari's "terrible" economy too, right?
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by afbstrategies: 12:03pm On Mar 03, 2018
mex22:

Brain dead individuals everywhere.Other countries whose govt fought corruption did their citizenss loose jobs,did they go hungry.Even Buhari has openly accepted that his govt failed in its duties to meet the aspirations of Nigerians.APC failed nigerians and in 2019 we shall send them packing.
E pain am. Go look for better things to do. You’re probably one their thugs. Olodo. Slowpoke

1 Like

Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by Ngokafor(f): 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2018
kolaaderin:
shot up . AIT was running with stolen fund from PDP all this while. Channels TV is still standing remember. You can't be running a company with stolen funds and expect it to stand when such funds is no longer coming.

Keep talking crap...The silly Channels T.V you are blabbing about is more or less an APC media out-let...Every trace of objective reporting they were known initially is now history.

Is Channels not running on looted funds fom APC and their goons too??...i dont why you lots think you re smart with your 'stolen funds' talk...

No worries though,life is turn by turn..what goes around comes around.
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by basadenet: 1:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
I can understand but happen at the wrong time..
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by kolaaderin: 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2018
Ngokafor:

Keep talking crap...The silly Channels T.V you are blabbing about is more or less an APC media out-let...Every trace of objective reporting they were known initially is now history.

Is Channels not running on looted funds fom APC and their goons too??...i dont why you lots think you re smart with your 'stolen funds' talk...

No worries though,life is turn by turn..what goes around comes around.

You wailing zombies will always try to turn the table, when and how has channels TV becomes APC channel. Let AIT too adopt channels strategies of survival during PDP era.
You lot lacks comprehensive argument .
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2018
NaijaMutant:

From your logic:

actually from his logic, it means that prior to now his business only survived from stolen funds at a time those stolen funds were available to him(previous govt.) In current govt., he does not have access to stolen funds therefore his business can longer pay salaries. It also means that both during the previous govt and current govt. Economy had been bad that is assuming his business not thriving is as a result of poor economy Alone and not other factors like poor Mgt, poor business model and so on. Hope this makes sense to you
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
Buhari has finished Nigeria. No need to lie about any repositioning, economy is bad on AIT.

God please help the family of those disengaged staff.
No more free money for fictitious contracts.
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by lukency(m): 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2018
No more government patronage.If you like criticize or applaud the government, what is obvious is the era of free money is over. R.IP AIT
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by chronique(m): 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2018
Moukandjo:

Mor0n, when did this happen?
http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/25/ait-staff-shut-down-benin-station-over-unpaid-salaries/

Under Buhari's "terrible" economy too, right?
slowpoke, the argument isn't about whether AIT has had issues before with salaries before and shutting down operations. The argument is that "a lot of businesses have had to shut down and retrench staffs under this government, like never seen before". The second argument is that " AIT was once a profitable organization even without having direct access to the man at the seat of power ". Learn to use your head when it is needed and stop carrying it about like a piece of decoration.
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by Moukandjo: 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
chronique:

slowpoke, the argument isn't about whether AIT has had issues before with salaries before and shutting down operations. The argument is that "a lot of businesses have had to shut down and retrench staffs under this government, like never seen before". The second argument is that " AIT was once a profitable organization even without having direct access to the man at the seat of power ". Learn to use your head when it is needed and stop carrying it about like a piece of decoration.
You're even more mor0nic than I initially thought!
I don't even know where to start dissecting the crap that the Idi0t just vomited thinking it made sense! I'll just let you continue in your imbecil1ty!
Cheers!
Re: AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide by chronique(m): 12:41am On Mar 04, 2018
Moukandjo:

You're even more mor0nic than I initially thought!
I don't even know where to start dissecting the crap that the Idi0t just vomited thinking it made sense! I'll just let you continue in your imbecil1ty!
Cheers!

Fvck off my mentions scallywag!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Can You Teach People For FREE To Kickstart There CAREER / How is minimum wage calculated? / Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.