Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Awaken: Divine Hunter - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Awaken: Divine Hunter (29558 Views)

Reincarnation Of Divine Doctor - Feather's Stories / The Hunted Hunter / A Short Play- (the Hunted Hunter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by nkemdave(m): 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2018
I just hope Michael discovers how powerful he is on time, else alot is gonna happen

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by paafin(m): 7:01am On Jul 17, 2018
Well done, boss.. A great piece you have here...
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2018

After fetching a fresh towel from the closet in the spare room, Lacy returned to her room to find Alethia sitting on the edge of the bed, eyes closed, head tilted back, and a rush of whispers coming from her lips. Lacy approached slowly, wondering what language it was that she was speaking. Not wanting to disturb the strange ritual, she quietly walked to the armchair in the corner next to the window and placed the towel on it.

“I was just talking with my father.” Alethia said unexpectedly.

Lacy turned around to face her. “Wow. Impressive. Your cell phone bills must be nonexistent. Do you even need one at all?”

Alethia smiled. “Not for our conversations. It’s one way my kind communicates with each other when we’re not together.”

“I see. Like a form of telepathy?” Lacy asked, still trying to understand all the bizarre stuff that had happened in the last twenty-four hours.

Alethia nodded. “Yes.”

It was hard to see the deity as anything more than normal−human. If Lacy hadn’t witnessed her power first hand, she would never have believed it. She was very pretty, in a sophisticated way; dark eyebrows framed unusual caramel colored eyes. Her black hair hung straight with the slightest curl at the ends.

“I brought you some clean towels in case you want a shower. Feel free to.

The bathroom’s just across the hall.” Lacy paused as she noticed how off color Alethia looked. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yes. Really, I am. It’s just. . . it’s been a while since I’ve used that much power.” Alethia shifted herself until she was lying down.
As Lacy thought back to when she’d appeared from nowhere in the junk yard and used her powers the way she had, she remembered seeing how much the woman had struggled. Whoever, or whatever, that being was that had nearly killed Michael it was certainly very powerful, and to think that she’d been captured by such a thing brought the dread sweeping back over her. She worried for Michael−worried for all of them. If using her powers on such a creature when he was weak had drained Alethia as much as it had, she dreaded to think what would happen if Varesh was at full strength.

She didn’t want to keep her any longer so she headed for the door. “Well, let me know if you need anything okay.” She was about to leave when. . .

“He cares for you, you know.”

Lacy paused with her fingers around the door handle as Alethia’s words surprised her. She turned around, a little taken aback. “I’m sorry?”

“Michael. He has feelings for you. I sensed his sadness when we first met at the airport and I saw a vision of you in his mind. Then just now, his guilt over what happened to you.”
Lacy walked back over to the bed not really sure what to say so she just sat on the edge. “You can read minds?”

“Yes. Look, I try not to invade people’s thoughts, but sometimes it just happens. He’s scared to let himself feel for you because of what he is and. . . ”

She paused. “Shit. I just thought you should know. I’m sorry. Perhaps I shouldn’t have said anything. See, this is exactly why I’m normally strict with myself when it comes to hearing people. I can’t ever keep my damn mouth shut.”

Lacy placed her hand on Alethia’s arm and gave her a smile. “Hey. It’s fine.

I kind of knew anyway. I kissed him last night and he told me then.” She didn’t know why she wanted to talk about this with someone she’d known for all of five minutes but the truth was she really did. She felt quite calm, strangely comfortable in her presence even though she was practically a stranger. Must be the goddess thing. “I just don’t know what to do about it. When I saw that. . . thing nearly killing him I wanted to run to him, to help him. I couldn’t bare it.”

Oh, God. She’d fallen for him. Hard. Well, wasn’t this a revelation?

Alethia pulled herself up to a sitting position and Lacy saw genuine compassion in her face. “Can I give you some advice?”

Lacy nodded.

“Just be patient with him. I understand his concern about the two of you and if I were in his position I would feel the same. He isn’t human anymore.” She let out a sigh.
“I know we don’t know each other, but you need to know that I’m quite good at detecting when someone is pure of heart. I sensed it about you, even Evo.” She must have seen Lacy’s eyebrows rise because she laughed a little. “I know he’s a Hot, womanizing snake−Yes, I’ve been in his head too. Don’t judge me−but his heart is in the right place when it needs to be. With Michael though, I sensed it the most. I don’t know how to explain it, but I just feel that he’s here for a purpose. There’s a reason he came back from Hell. I don’t know why he’s been targeted by Varesh, and I don’t know why he was killed, but everything happens for a reason right?”

It was a philosophy that Lacy wasn’t entirely on board with, at least she hadn’t been until now, but maybe Alethia was right. She didn’t really understand any of this, in fact, her head was beginning to spin with the events of the past few weeks, but she knew Michael was a good man. She’d sensed it too, in her own way, and that’s why she felt the way she did about him.

Why couldn’t she have met him when he’d been alive?
The two of them sat in silence for a little while. Both of them clearly affected by this evening’s event, but in very different ways. She was sitting next to a powerful goddess who had exhausted her powers on some evil demon, and in the other room, was a man (she refused to call him anything else) who had experienced severe tragic circumstances−resulting in that same demon hunting him down−who she now had feelings for.

What a mess.

Lacy looked up at Alethia who now had her eyes closed. “I’ll leave you to rest,” she said as she stood up. She headed for the door, but before she opened it, she turned back around. “Thank you, for the chat.”

“Mmhmm.” Was all Alethia managed along with a slight nod of her head.

Lacy closed the door behind her and when she returned to the living room, Michael wasn’t there. Before she thought anything of it, she heard movement coming from the kitchen. When she walked through the door, he glanced at her over his shoulder and gave her a faint smile. “Thought I’d make coffee,” he said as he placed the jug that he’d just filled with water in front of the machine.

She walked over and leaned against the counter watching him gather the cups and the sugar bowl from the cupboard above his head. He put one sugar in each of the two cups leaving the spoon inside the last one. He stood motionless with both hands on the counter, his head hanging low. He didn’t look at her as he spoke. “I’m sorry.”

She straightened. “Sorry? What for?”

He stayed with his back to her while the noise from the coffee machine increased in volume. “For everything. All of this is my fault. I should never have brought this to your door.”

She thought about what he’d said to her in the living room when he’d confessed to what he was. “You told me you came here to help the students. To find whatever was killing them didn’t you?”

“Yes,” he answered quietly.

“And you had no idea that this demon was after you, and that he had something to do with what was happening on campus?

“That’s right.”

“Then how is any of this your fault?”

His voice rose slightly. “If I’d stayed away from you then you wouldn’t have been dragged into it. You wouldn’t have been abducted and almost killed.”

He slammed his hand down on the counter.

She didn’t say anything. Couldn’t. Instead, her thoughts went back to being tied to that bed, terrified she would never see anyone again: her friends, her colleagues, but most of all Michael. The whole time she’d laid in the darkened warehouse she’d thought of him−the only reason she’d gotten through it.

He turned around and took up the same position as she had, arms crossed over his chest. “I’m not used to this, Lacy. For the past year I’ve had nobody but myself to worry about. But now, I’ve somehow managed to drag Evo deeper into this shit than he was in the first place; Alethia, who Varesh now knows is involved as well; and worst of all you. . . I’ve put you in danger and it was purely because of my selfish actions.”

“What do you mean, selfish actions?”

He seemed to hesitate as though he was finding it hard to say his next words.

“Because I allowed myself to feel. I just wanted some normalcy, just to feel for a moment like I wasn’t the guy who’d been murdered, that I was just me.

Because you, Lacy, you made me feel human again.” A tendon twitched as he tightened his jaw. “I put you in danger.”

Lacy bit back the tears that were threatening to form and walked over to him. He looked her in the eye as she reached up and stroked her hand down his cheek. The coffee machine had run through its cycle, leaving nothing but silence as the two of them stood and looked at each other.

Michael tucked a stray hair behind her ear and surprised her when he reached up and placed both hands on her cheeks. “I’m sorry.” He whispered it this time, but before she had chance to tell him to stop apologizing, he bent his head and placed his soft lips on hers
Stunned at his unexpected kiss, she closed her eyes, allowing herself to get lost in the feel of him. A warm flush filled her cheeks.

He broke contact and pulled back slightly, just enough to look at her. His piercing blue eyes scanned her face and she couldn’t quite place his expression.

Her heart began to race; her whole body had warmed with a sudden glow that soared through her veins as she stared back at him unable to speak. But she didn’t have to. He kissed her again, this time licking his tongue over her lips and pushing inside. She opened up to him and he moaned as their tongues met and began to twist around each other. His hand stroked through her hair to the back of her neck and he walked her backwards until her back hit the other countertop.
She stroked her hands up his back. Oh, God. This was what she’d wanted, needed from him. Her body was filled with a rush of sensation as Michael’s tongue continued to massage hers, the taste of him making her head spin with desire. At that moment she wanted everything from him, she wanted to feel his flesh on hers, their bodies lying together with no barrier between them. The thought of it heated her core.

Her thoughts were cut off when the doorbell rang and Michael immediately broke contact and pulled away from her. He was panting in much the same way she was, and he swallowed hard before he eventually spoke.

“That’ll be. . . ”−he cleared his throat−“That’ll be Evo.” His brows dipped slightly and then he was out of the door before she could blink. Lacy stood in the same spot while she heard Michael letting Evo in. Feeling bereft, she put her hand on her chest and felt the rapid beat of her heart. Even though she’d craved Michael’s kiss again, the glow quickly began to dissipate and she felt her chest tighten as a sudden sadness washed over her. For some reason she feared that might be their last.

In Lacy’s bathroom, Michael had just finished splashing water over his face and was now towelling it off. He’d let Evo in with his big bag of takeout and made like he was desperate for the toilet, but not before catching the concerned expression on Evo’s face. Never missed a thing that man. Hands propped either side of the basin, he stared at his bruised reflection. He tried to replace what face he saw with his own, but the truth was, the memory he had of his real self was fading. He’d been in this body for around ten months, but with everything that had happened since then, all the battles he’d fought, it felt more like ten years. He thought back to how simple his life had been. Even though he’d been CEO of his own company, and it had been hard and very stressful at times dealing with the many staff who worked in his building and the general day to day responsibility of running things, his biggest worry right before he’d died had been whether he was going to be able to make it to his damn conference in Connecticut.

Things couldn’t be more different for him now.

Now, at this very moment, he was faced with the harsh reality that he was falling too hard for a woman he could never have, and didn’t deserve; a woman whose life he’d selfishly endangered and who, he suspected, felt the same forhim despite now knowing what he really was. Part of him had hoped that when he’d confessed everything to her, she’d have been so freaked out she’d have had no choice but to distance herself from him, but in fact it had done quite the opposite.

And now, not only had he succeeded in making her feel sorry for him, with a moment of complete madness he’d just made things even worse.

God, that kiss had damn near torn him apart. He closed his eyes for a second and allowed himself to remember it. Her lips had been so soft; her sweet floral scent had made his head spin with desire for her. He was surprised that he could feel all of those sensations given his situation, but feel them he had. The buzz of desire had run through his very core lighting him up, making him feel as real as he had before he’d died. In fact more real than he’d ever felt.

He inhaled deeply and let his breath out in a long drawn out sigh. He had to get his head together. It had been lovely, had exhilarated him, but it was a moment of weakness that he couldn’t, and wouldn’t, allow to happen again.

He flushed the chain for effect and went through to the kitchen where Evo and Lacy were playfully arguing over what looked like egg rolls?

“You’ve got the extra bit of shrimp toast so it’s only fair that I get that extra roll.” Lacy snagged it from Evo’s plate before he could argue back.

“You, woman, are a pain in my ass,” he grumbled. “You’re−HEY, buddy.”

Michael managed a smile. “Hey.” He went over to the counter where all the plating up was happening.

“We’ve shared it out equally.” That last word was said with gritted teeth and a look towards Lacy, who shrugged her shoulder at him as she sat down at the dining table with her plate piled high. “Yours is over there,” he gestured. “I just shoved a bit of everything on your plate.”

Michael wasn’t really in the mood, but he grabbed the food anyway.

“Cheers, man.” He went over and sat opposite Lacy, who glanced at him briefly and gave him an awkward smile. She’d obviously sensed something was off with him. Not surprising since he’d practically run away from her just now.

Better that she did. It was time for him to stop this nonsense. He would apologize to her for what happened and then move on. He had much more important things to do right now than battle with himself over a woman. Yes, he’d made up his mind and was determined to stick to it.

Evo sat down next to him and before he spoke, his friend glanced at Lacy then back to him. He knew something was up, but to Michael’s surprise, he didn’t mention it. “So. . . You going to tell me what the hell happened over there?”

After they’d eaten and Michael had filled Evo in with all the details from Lacy’s rescue, Michael decided he needed to go back to his place. It wasn’t going to help his situation hanging around Lacy when he didn’t have to, so he and Evo had left pretty much straight away. Besides, he had something else he needed to do.

Alethia had agreed to stay behind. Going by what he’d seen so far Lacy would be very well protected by the deity should anything happen. There wa no need to continue staking out the hospital because Lacy’s friend had informed her that an officer was now watching her room in case Jake returned, and the chances of Varesh or his sidekick bothering her now were very slim.

Michael knew Evo wasn’t going to be happy when he found out what he was about to do, but he had no choice, and had no idea how to do it on his own, which was the only reason he had to involve his friend, as much as he hated to.

After retrieving Evo’s MERC−after the guy had insisted−and Lacy’s Focus from the breaker’s yard, they were now at Michael’s apartment. He grabbed a clean shirt from his closet and did a quick change, throwing the ripped and bloodied one in the trash. He returned to the sitting room where Evo was sat on the sofa fiddling with one of his guns. “So, what now?” his friend asked as he flicked the safety on one of his SIG SAUER pistols.

“You help me,” Michael said as he watched Evo’s eyes narrow towards him.

Evo placed his pistol on the table in front of him without looking away.

“Help you with what?” His voice was thick with suspicion.

Michael held his gaze. “First, I want you to promise you’ll hear me out before you say anything, okay?”

Now he frowned. “What is it?”

“Evo,” he pressed.

“I promise,” he said through gritted teeth. “What do you need me for, man?”

Michael paused. “I need your help. . . to get into Hell.”

#Com'on guys your comment matters alot..... you ain't encouraging me fa

2 Likes

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Dranoid: 11:27am On Jul 18, 2018
".........to get into Hell"

Osheyy!
Bro, we dey your back solidly.

The story is dope its just that a lot of people are ghost reading and it's bad, very bad

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2018
Dranoid:
".........to get into Hell"

Osheyy!
Bro, we dey your back solidly.

The story is dope its just that a lot of people are ghost reading and it's bad, very bad

it's not encouraging at all.... almost 9500 views no comment
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Olaiyadoam(m): 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2018
Thinking, he wants to know more about himself, his powers, his old self and varesh...
Following closely behind.
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by horwa140: 1:06am On Jul 19, 2018
Ave been shadow reading dis story all dis while
Ah swear ur story is.....don't knw what to say
If am a director u will be a whole. Lot richer. Nw cause of ur handwork great story bro
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by tunjilomo(m): 8:00am On Jul 19, 2018
Nice story you got going here and your editing skills are good.
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 8:25am On Jul 19, 2018
tunjilomo:
Nice story you got going here and your editing skills are good.
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 8:25am On Jul 19, 2018
horwa140:
Ave been shadow reading dis story all dis while
Ah swear ur story is.....don't knw what to say
If am a director u will be a whole. Lot richer. Nw cause of ur handwork great story bro
Thanks bro
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 9:18am On Jul 19, 2018
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

dedicate this chapter to all my fans that has been coming out to comment you guys gave me the zeal to continue this story...
#Dranoid
horwa10
olaiyadoam
tunjilomo....
you guys can still invite more peeps here you know.....
.............. ........... ..

“Oh no. No! No way. . . Not happenin’ my man.” Evo said as he began to pace the length of the small living room.

Michael wasn’t at all surprised by his reaction and the least he could do after dropping such a bombshell on him was keep quiet until he’d finished his rant.

Not that Michael was paying much attention.

“. . . only thing you’ll succeed in doing is being skinned alive,” he went on.

“And I, for one, am not going to play any part in helping you get there. You got me?”

Silence.

“Have you finished?” Michael asked as he leaned his back against the apartment door.

“Well, that depends. . . Have you changed your mind?”

“No. And I’m not going to either.”

“Then no. Have I Bleep finished!” Evo scrubbed at the stubble on his chin. He stopped to face Michael placing both his fisted hands on his hips. “Okay. So. . . let’s say I did help you, what is it that you plan on doing when you get there?”

“Talking with Lucifer.”

Evo’s eyes widened before he began to laugh until he saw Michael’s stoic expression and realized he was deadly serious. The laughing ceased and his face paled. “You’re out of your goddamn fucking mind.”
Michael brushed past him. Maybe it was a dumb idea. Maybe he would be facing a fate worse than death. But the way he saw it, he had to do something about Varesh and maybe speaking to Lucifer was the only way.

“Think about it. He’s after that demon piece of shit just as much as we are, remember. What if we can help each other?”

Evo was looking at him like he’d lost his mind, the horror at the fact that Michael had even suggested looking for Lucifer clear on his face. “Can you hear what you’re saying right now? You’re suggesting teaming up with the king of Hell, and you expect me not to have a fucking issue with that?”

“No. I’m not expecting that. I understand why you do, but you need to understand that this might be the only way. I’ve already seen some of Varesh’s power, hell. . . even his demon minion was more powerful than any other we’ve encountered. For whatever reason he wants me to team up with him or he wants me dead, I mean really dead. I’m not joining him, so do you think he’s going to stop until he gets his wish? We don’t stand a chance against him on our own Evo.”
Evo dropped his head and let out a sigh. His voice had calmed and the weight of his friend’s grave expression was evidence of how dangerous Michael’s plan actually was. “There has to be another way, Mike. This has to be the stupidest. . . Jeez, I don’t think even I would have come up with something as crazy as this.”

“I told you what Alethia said. It’s not going to be long until he returns and he’s going to be more pissed than before. We have to try this.”

“What about Alethia’s ring? The one her father gave to her. I thought it was supposed to capture demons.”

Michael sat on the sofa and rested his foot on his knee. “She tried. He was too powerful. All she could do was send him away and that nearly killed her.”

“But it will work on other demons right?”

“Appareently so.”
Evo didn’t speak. Instead, he sat staring at the coffee table for a moment until he eventually looked back up at Michael with a smirk. “Then we’re not going down there without that ring. There will be plenty of other things in that place to worry about besides Lucifer.”

After about an hour of trying to convince his stubborn jackass of a friend that he wouldn’t be going with him, Michael had finally given up. Evo was a determined SOB and when he decided he was going to do something, there was nothing Michael could ever do to stop him. This time was no exception. Evo was going with him to find Lucifer and that was that.
Meanwhile, after his friend had gone out for some supplies, Michael played back the answering machine message that he’d just listened to. It was from Lacy. She’d called twice since he’d returned to his apartment and both times he hadn’t answered.

Fucking coward!

The second time she’d left a message: “Hi, it’s Lacy. I. . . I was hoping you’d be back home by now. I just wanted to speak to you about earlier. I figured that’s the reason you left so quickly but. . . Michael I. . . ” Pause. “I just wanted to say I’m sorry. Call me if you want to.”

Michael stood with his finger on the delete button. Shit! She had no reason to be sorry. He should have called her back. Damn! He really wanted to, at least to tell her that everything was okay. But he didn’t. When he heard the key turn in the lock he knew Evo was back. He pressed the button and erased the message. They would talk and he would tell her that nothing could happen between them, but it would have to wait.

Evo walked through the door looking like he’d had a fight with a mud wrestler and the mud wrestler had clearly won. His coat was covered in dirt, but that wasn’t all, he had smears of the stuff all over his face too.

Michael shot him a quizzical look. “If this is your attempt at camouflage. . .

Well, I can still see you.”
Evo’s responding smile was full of sarcasm. He dropped a small backpack, which was just as dirty as he was, onto the floor in front of the coffee table. “I hope you’ve got plenty of Jack,”he said as he removed his coat and slung it onto the chair in the corner of the room.
Michael didn’t even bother to ask where he’d been and instead, retrieved two glasses from the cupboard and a large bottle of whiskey from on the unit.

He walked over to where Evo had now placed a pile of items on the floor and watched as he grabbed his Bowie knife from his ankle and began to cut away at what looked like a tree branch. Again, Michael didn’t ask. He’d seen his friend do this kind of thing many times before and never really understood any of it.

He poured them both a glass of Jack Daniels and sat quietly on the sofa watching Evo go to work on the branch. Finally, after about twenty minutes or so, it resembled some kind of. . . wand? Evo held it up and studied it for a moment. “It’s a branch from one of the trees in the cemetery. Has to be from sacred ground.”

Michael nodded and took another swig of whiskey. “You gonna drink that?”

His friend didn’t answer and got back to work. Now he was carving something into the thicker end. Some symbols, four of them. When he was done, he took a swig of his drink and looked at Michael, eyes narrowed. “I’ve no chance of talking you out of this have I?”

“No,” was all Michael said as he put his glass to his mouth and took another large sip of Jack.

Evo chewed on the inside of his cheek and nodded his head. He picked up a dirty piece of cloth and ripped it into two pieces.
“What’s that?” Looked like something he’d grabbed from a dumpster.

“Part of a shroud.” Evo answered.

Michael frowned. “Please don’t tell me that was wrapped around someone at some point.”

His buddy’s eyebrows rose. “Then I won’t. But it won’t change the fact that it was”

Nice. Just what the hell else was he going to produce from that bag? His answer came next when Evo pulled out a dirty bone. Michael guessed it hadn’t belonged to an animal. That would just be too acceptable. “Human?” he asked, not surprised when his buddy replied, “Yup.” before cutting through it. “I need two small bowls.”

After Michael retrieved what he’d asked for from the kitchen, he poured himself another whiskey and resumed his place on the sofa.

“Make sure you save some of that.” Evo said, nodding towards the now half empty bottle. He then placed the small portion of bone he’d cut into one of the bowls “I’ve poured you one, remember? Ain't my fault if you don’t keep up.”

Next Evo pulled a lighter from his shirt pocket and lit the bone on fire, watching the flame crackle and burn before placing a piece of the shroud inside.

“Not to drink. We’re gonna need it for something else shortly.” He then pulled out a clear bag, which looked to have dirt in it, and placed it on the table next to him. When he blew the flame out of the bowl, he crushed the charred remains with the back end of his knife, and then added the contents from the bag. He reached into the backpack again and this time pulled out a hip flask, unscrewed the top and emptied what was inside into the same bowl.
“Holy water.”

Of course it was. The main ingredient for most of the rituals he’d seen Evo perform.

“I need your arm.” Evo said as he rolled up his own sleeve. “And bring the whiskey.”
As soon as Michael handed him the bottle, Evo poured some of the stuff onto his own forearm, then without hesitation, he sliced through his skin and held it over the other empty bowl. Shit, it was deep. He clenched his fist and watched as a steady stream of dark crimson dripped from his arm, a stark contrast against the bright white porcelain of the bowl. When he was satisfied, he wiped at the wound and then the blade with a piece of torn cloth and handed the knife to Michael, hilt first. “Make sure it's deep,” he ordered.

As he took a hold of his friend’s blade Michael felt a pang of uncertainty rush through him when he thought about all Evo was willing to do to help him.

He knew he was loyal through and through, but this was worse than anything they’d ever encountered. Michael’s decision to confront the most powerful being known to man, and. . . everything else, to ask for his help was most likely a suicide mission, but one that he was willing to partake in to see that that bastard demon got what he deserved. His own life had already been taken from him, but he wasn’t happy about being the cause of Evo losing his.

Nothing could be done, though. Once Evo set his mind to something, there was no talking him out of it, even something as stupid and dangerous as this.

As he held his arm over the bowl, Michael glanced over at Evo, placed the blade on his forearm and began to draw it deep through his skin. No pain. Just a strange pulling sensation as his flesh parted and blood that wasn’t his own began to drip from the wound and into the bowl, merging with Evo’s.

He had no clue what his friend was doing and quite frankly he didn’t care.

He was focused and willing to do what he must. A vision of Lacy popped into his head, her smile lighting up her face as she sat across from him in the restaurant. Then that nice vision quickly changed into the grim sight of her cowering away in the junkyard, her face bloodied. Her fear had almost broken him apart. She was the reason he was determined to see this through. No matter what became of him he had to make sure she was safe and getting rid of that son of a bitch and his minion was priority one. The rest would follow.

After enough blood had left Michael’s vein, Evo passed him a torn piece of cloth to hold over his wound to stop the bleeding and continued with his ritual.

Next he combined the ground bone, earth and holy water to the blood and mixed it together until it became a paste. Michael screwed his nose up. It was pretty gross.

Evo retrieved the make shift wand from the table, looked at it for a second and sighed. “This is the final part of the ritual,” he said still looking down at the thing. “There’s no going back from this. I can give you more time to think about it before we do it. Just so you’re sure.” Evo’s eyes flicked up to meet his. The intense stare from his friend cut deeply, knowing they may not return from this yet, selflessly, Evo was ready to go in guns blazing. The concern on his face wasn’t for himself though.

Michael closed his eyes for a second and again, his mind was filled with more visions of Lacy. Her pale green eyes staring back at him full of concern.
Then his vision shifted to her flushed cheeks and hooded lids just after they’d kissed. He tried desperately to fight away her image, to pretend that she meant nothing to him and get his mind fully focused on what lay ahead but it was impossible. His feelings for her were more than he’d anticipated and the thought of leaving her without saying a word and throwing himself into certain danger was proving too difficult.
He heard her voice echoing over and over through his head. “You are real to me.” “I’m sorry.” “You’re not evil. I can feel your compassion. . . ”

Evo’s voice brought Michael back from his thoughts. “Look buddy, if you’ve changed your mind, I’ll gladly burn all this sh−”

“No.” Michael said harshly. “I haven’t. I just. . . I just need to go out.

There’s something I have to do first.”

He got to his feet and headed for the door. He had to tell Lacy what he was about to do even though he didn’t want her to worry about him. He had to let her know how he truly felt.
“Oh. . . I’ll just hang here then.” Michael heard Evo shout in a derisive tone as he pulled the door closed behind him.
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Olaiyadoam(m): 10:41am On Jul 19, 2018
First to comment.
Everything is wedging up..
Thanks for the update bro.. Two in a row.. Buh why does this story feel real to me.. You're a great writer i must confess, you make it sound real..
A million dollar for you boss..
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by paafin(m): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2018
Top story, boss.. Awaiting next update..
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by tunjilomo(m): 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2018
Aren't they supposed to be working, or are they on leave?
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
tunjilomo:
Aren't they supposed to be working, or are they on leave?
You go fit work for this kinda situation

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Dranoid: 11:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
Preciousbouy:
You go fit work for this kinda situation
Nahgrin, but what excuse did they give? It would make the story more real
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by tunjilomo(m): 9:06am On Jul 20, 2018
Dranoid:

Nahgrin, but what excuse did they give? It would make the story more real

Thanks, exactly my point.
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by horwa140: 2:08am On Jul 21, 2018
Bro no update.
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2018

“I’ll take a seat out here in the hall.” Alethia said softly.

Lacy nodded her head as she reached down for the door handle and walked quietly into the hospital room. Nina’s head shifted around from her gaze out of the window. Her mouth turned up into a light smile as she looked at Lacy.

“Miss Holloway?” Her voice was hoarse.

Lacy smiled at her. “Hi. Please. . . it’s Lacy.”

The head of her bed was raised so that she was nearly in a sitting position propped up on a bulk of pillows. She looked weak and her skin was pale which only accentuated the dark shadows under her eyes. But she was awake and the doctors had said that she was responding well, which was all Lacy needed to hear.

“I brought you some things.” Lacy said as she held up a sports bag that she’d filled with toiletries and some clean night clothes. “How are you feeling?”

She walked over to the large chair beside the bed, eyeing the uneaten food on a tray across the other side before sitting down.

“Thanks. Strange.” Nina said. “I can’t really remember much of what happened. It’s all fuzzy.”
“That’s understandable.”

Nina looked down at her hands as she picked at her nails. “I remember thinking I was dying, but I wasn’t scared. All I could hear were echoes of distant voices all around me and then they began to fade and I could no longer feel my body. I just felt relief. It was like something was telling me that I was going to see my boyfriend, Danny, again and that’s all I was waiting for.

“Then everything went dark and all I remember after that is waking up feeling really groggy in this room.” She closed her eyes and frowned. It was hard to ignore the sorrow in her voice. The poor girl had been through hell and back. “The nurses say that you stayed with me.”

Lacy nodded. “I couldn’t let you go through this alone.”

“Thank you,” Nina said, trying her best to smile.

Lacy reached over and placed her hand over Nina’s. “You don’t have to thank me, Nina. You just get yourself better.”

Noticing the sorrow on Nina’s face, Lacy wondered if she should leave her to rest. After all, she hadn’t been conscious that long and the whole situation must be quite overwhelming to say the least. She was just about to say her goodbyes when Nina spoke.

“What do I do now?” she asked in a low whisper. “I have no one left.” Her eyes began to glisten before she turned her head away.

Lacy thought back to when she’d first arrived in America. Being from a little place in England, and never venturing much further than the end of her street, everything had been so different. She hardly really knew her grandparents and didn’t really fit in well at high school, so alone was a very familiar feeling for her. After her grandparents died, she had no choice but to deal with the way things were, and she did. But even though she was around people every day at work, there was always a void in her life she could never seem to fill.

Lacy noticed a small box of Kleenex on the cupboard beside her. “Hey,” she said, taking one from the box and handing it to Nina. “I promise that you won’t be alone.” And somehow, she would make sure of it.

Lacy felt the vibration of her cell phone in her pocket. When she looked at the screen her heart skipped. She read the text message from Michael: At yours. Where are you? Need to talk.

She quickly typed back:

With Alethia at hospital. Nina doing well x

K. Pick u up in 20 mins outside main doors, he replied.

It wasn’t totally unexpected to hear from him. They’d hardly said two words to each other before Michael had left earlier. But it was the ominous “Need to talk” part that unnerved her.

Everything okay? she asked.

Yes. See u then.

She put the cell back in her pocket. Everything wasn’t okay. She knew they would have to talk about what happened earlier, but for some reason she had a feeling it was more than that.
She said her goodbyes to Nina, promising to visit again tomorrow evening.

She explained to Alethia that Michael was coming to pick her up, and that she could take her car, and then made her way down to the lobby.
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
CHAPTER NINETEEN

The ride home from the hospital was a quiet one. Lacy felt a distinct tension in the air and was growing more and more anxious by the minute about what would become of her and Michael’s impending talk. Many times she’d gone to say something, but couldn’t seem to find her voice. After Michael had asked her about Nina, and she’d told him what the doctors had said, he’d shut down and neither of them said another word until they pulled up outside her house.

“I’ve told Alethia that I’ll text her when I leave. She’ll stay with you tonight,” Michael said, his voice so void of emotion that Lacy found it hard to even answer him.

“It’s good of her to help us.”

Michael remained silent as they approached the house. She couldn’t bear itmuch longer. Never before had she felt so nervous over a coming break up. Not that she could call it that. One proper passionate kiss was all they’d shared−hardly relationship of the century−but she knew she would pine after him once he’d finalized things, nonetheless. Damn, her emotions had been all over the place the last few weeks. She was a mess.

Lacy removed her coat and scarf and hung them on the hook in the hall.

Michael left his jacket on and went straight to the sofa in the front room and sat down. He clearly wasn’t planning on staying long and that was probably for the best. She just wished he’d speak and get it over with.

She couldn’t take the silence any longer. “Can I get you coffee?” Jeez, her voice was trembling. What the hell was the matter with her?

Michael didn’t look at her. “No. Thanks.” He scrubbed the short stubble on his chin anxiously and then glanced up at her. “Would you sit? Please.” He motioned to the chair, clearly not wanting to be too close to her. Lacy did as he asked, pushing her hands between her knees.

“About what happened earlier, I’m sorry for my behavior. That should never have happened.” His eyes found hers, full of sorrow, guilt, confusion? It was hard to read him. Just as Lacy was about to speak, he continued.

“Unfortunately, I let my emotions get the better of me and I shouldn’t have. I’m finding things a little hard to deal with and had a moment of weakness. It won’t be happening again.” It was said so matter-of-factly, it actually made her feel a little annoyed. His face was serious, eyes narrowed as he looked at her, obviously waiting for some kind of reaction from her.

A moment of weakness? Well. . . he was going to get a reaction all right.

She was sick and tired of the emotional roller coaster they were both on. She didn’t appreciate the way he’d made her feel in the car on the way home and even though he’d said the reason they couldn’t be together was to protect her, she couldn’t help thinking it was bullshit. If he didn’t want her, then he just had to man up and tell her.

“You’re right,” she thundered as she got up from the chair and began to pace up and down in front of him. His eyes widened at her sudden outburst. “It won’t be happening again. I’ve had enough of you playing with my emotions. It’s not fair. You tell me you want to be with me but nothing can happen between us. I try to deal with that. Then I wake up with you kissing me and you tell me it was a mistake because you were dreaming, which also tells me how much you want this if you’re dreaming about it. Again, I try and deal with it. Then you kiss me the way you did this afternoon.” She stopped to face him, her voice lowered to nearly a whisper. “Just. . . stop using me as an excuse.”

She lowered her head and let out an exasperated sigh. It was hard to feel the way she did about him knowing that she wouldn’t be able to have any more.
Why did she let herself fall for this man? She couldn’t bring herself to look at him and kept her gaze to the floor.

It was a few minutes before either of them spoke and then. . .

“It was me.” was all Michael said.

She looked at him, confused. “What?”

He scrubbed his hand through his hair and met her gaze. “The boy who helped you in high school. The one who got beaten up and put in hospital? That was me.”

Whoa! So that’s what a ton of bricks landing on your chest felt like. She froze, breath caught, mouth wide open as she repeated his words over in her mind to make sure she’d heard them right.

“What?” she whispered so quietly that she barely even heard it. She walked over to the sofa in a daze and sat down next to him. They looked at each other without speaking. She couldnt seem to find her voice or her brain was refusing to function or something. Finally, she managed to force out some words. “You?

How. . . ”−she swallowed hard−“how can that be?”

Michael shifted his body so that their knees were nearly touching. “I was brought up by foster parents in Lawrence County.”

“I can’t believe it,” she gasped. “Jack? That was really you?”

She watched as he reached into his inside pocket and pulled out a black leather wallet. He opened it and slid a crumpled picture out from one of the pockets inside, looked at it for a second and then passed it to her.

Oh, God. A handsome face stared back at her. Dark brown/black hair styled neatly to one side, blue eyes framed with thick dark brows, a strong jaw. . . It was Jack Pearson, just as she remembered him only older. “This was really you?”

He nodded and closed his eyes.

She felt deep sorrow as she looked back at the photo. It was hard to imagine his situation. Having not only your whole life, but your body being suddenly ripped away from you was inconceivable. After she’d processed the news, she thought back to the day he’d saved her. “I thought about you a lot after what you did for me. I hated the fact that I couldn’t say thank you. Your parents−”

“They weren’t my parents, not really. I’m sorry for what they said to you. I never knew you came. They never told me.”

Lacy knew she shouldn’t do what she was about to, but was past caring and did it anyway. She leaned across and softly kissed his cheek. “Thank you for what you did,” she said, quickly resuming her position.

Michael’s eyes widened and for a second he looked tense. After a moment his shoulders relaxed and he smiled at her. “You’re welcome.”

“How did I not know you? I don’t remember seeing you except for that one time.” Clear View High wasn’t very big, so she wondered why she’d never noticed such a good looking guy.

Michael sat back, visibly more relaxed than he had been since he’d picked her up. “I didn’t really mix with the kids in school; never really had the time.

Each day I’d leave after last class and go straight to work so I never had any kind of social life. I’d seen you around. Never spoke to you though because what was the point?” He smiled.

“Didn’t think I’d be your kind of person.”

She couldn’t help but smile back at him. It was a rare thing lately to see Michael without a permanent crease between his brows. Not that she could blame him. The dangers that she now knew existed, dangers that were after both of them, were enough to undo the strongest of people. Add the fact that he’d been turned against his will into some sort of unknown, inhuman being and it was a surprise that he could smile at all. But he was and it invigorated her.

“And why not?” she asked playfully with an eyebrow raised.

He smirked. “Because I saw the kind of guys you hung out with; the hard working geeky types, the ones who would hang around the library on a Saturday afternoon to get their recreational kicks. I certainly didn’t fit that description.”

“Hey, are you saying you thought I was a nerd?”

He laughed. “Noooo, I’m. . . just saying you were a hard worker that’s all.”

“Oh! That’s all, huh? Well, maybe you shouldn’t have assumed that I wouldn’t be interested in you.” Lacy grew serious at the same time Michael’s face straightened. His gorgeous blue eyes stared into hers and she was instantly mesmerized by them. Her chest tightened. Why did things have to be so difficult?

She sensed the door had just slammed shut on his emotions again and Lacy knew that their playful moment was over. She looked back at his photo before giving it back to him.

After putting it back in his wallet he stood up and walked over to the window. She watched his shoulders rise, then fall before he spoke. “Lacy. We can’t be near each other anymore.”

There they were, the words that she knew he would say. Her heart sank in her chest and she honestly didn’t know what to do. Maybe it was for the best.

Maybe Michael having to battle with his feelings was no good for any of them.

She knew it was a huge distraction for him and the last thing she wanted was for him to be vulnerable when it came to fighting Varesh. Because that was what he intended. She knew that much.
But how could she just let him go? Knowing what they both felt for each other, how could she let him walk away from her?

“I don’t want to stay away from you,” she said before she could stop herself.

He turned around to look at her, a deep frown on his face.

“We have no choice.”

Lacy got up and walked over to him. “Why?”

“How can you want to be with me knowing what I am? I’m not even alive, Lacy. And who knows how long I’ll even stay this way. What if I just stop existing?” He took her hands in his. “I don’t want you to get hurt and that’s the reason I came over tonight. I had to see you, to clear things up before I leave.

There’s something I have to do and I don’t know if I’ll even survive it.”
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by donteanz(m): 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
Cc Preciousbouy This Is Apparently One Of The Most Fantasizing Story I've Come Across On NL.
Nice Piece You've Got Right Here OP.
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
donteanz:
Cc Preciousbouy This Is Apparently One Of The Most Fantasizing Story I've Come Across On NL.
Nice Piece You've Got Right Here OP.
thanks man
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Dranoid: 8:02pm On Jul 21, 2018
Preciousbouy:

There’s something I have to do and I don’t know if I’ll even survive it.”
Bruh, your ending lines are just superb! More ink to your pen and data to your phone. Keep up the good work
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by horwa140: 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Lovely Don dey miss ur update already
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by devilmaycry1(m): 8:46am On Jul 23, 2018
grin
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by nkemdave(m): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
This story is really fascinating...............
Great piece
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Evold: 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2018
thank God my name is Evold not Evo. following the masterpiece, keep it flowing.
Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2018
my people am so sorry for not updating all this while, if you can remember i once my phone is bad well i never get money buy new one so am using my sisters phone to do the updating cus i have done the editing and corrections there... So please bear with me... I go shock una the day i go upload..... Thanks famx

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 10:23am On Jul 28, 2018
“What. . . What is it?”

He took a deep breath and she braced herself for what she was about to hear.

“I’m going back into the pit. . . into Hell.”

Lacy broke contact from him and backed up a couple of steps. “What the. . .

Why? Are you crazy?”

“No. It’s the only plan I have. I know that Varesh has a very powerful enemy, Lucifer, and I want to make him an offer.”

Holy Sh. . . No! Panic took over. Lacy felt light headed all of a sudden and began to lose the feeling in her legs. She practically floated over to the sofa and sat down before she fell down. It took her a moment to catch her breath. This was a different kind of panic than what she was normally used to. This was caused by sheer terror. Michael was throwing himself into the fire−literally. She didn’t even know how that was possible; didn’t feel the desire to ask.

“Evo knows a ritual that will get us there.” Michael answered as if he’d heard her thoughts.

Her legs tingled as the feeling began to return. “Then he’s as crazy as you are,” she said before dropping her head into her hands.

“Lacy, listen to me. Lacy.” she felt the sofa dip under the weight of his body as he sat down next to her. Then he was turning her to him and pulling her hands from her face. “Look at me.” He ducked his head to look into her eyes.

“Varesh is dangerous and for whatever reason he wants me dea. . . gone. He clearly doesn’t care who he uses to get to me and I’m not about to sit around and do nothing. Not when yours and Evo’s lives are at risk because of it.”

She bit down to stop the tears that were threatening to form. “Then we’ll run.”

Michael looked momentarily stunned. “And where would we go? You can’t just run from a power hungry demon. He’ll always find you.” He reached up and tucked a stray hair behind her ear. “You would really run away with me?”

he asked, his voice broken.

She didn’t hesitate to answer. “Yes. I would.”

He stroked her cheek and she nestled into his hand, closing her eyes and savoring the soft touch of his fingers. She let out a long drawn breath and wished that she’d known him before, when they were younger, when he was Jack Pearson and she was just a girl in high school and the only demons she had to deal with were the seniors who never thought her face fit.

When she opened them again Michael was burning her with his sapphire stare, his brows drawn low. She could tell he was battling with himself. He wanted her, but was refusing to allow himself to have her.

“Michael, I don’t know why, but I can just feel that there’s a reason why we found each other again after all this time. You are the one who speaks about destiny and fate. What if we’re just meant to be together?” She reached up and swiped at her left eye before the tear fell.
“There’s something between us I just feel it, and I know you do too.”
He sighed as he closed his eyes. “I can’t—”

“Then stay with me, here, tonight.” There she goes again, speaking before she has time to think. She couldn’t believe the words had just left her mouth, but she held his gaze, wanting him to see how serious she was, and to understand her meaning. What the hell did she have to lose anyway?

She guessed she’d shocked the hell out of Michael too as he hadn’t said a word. She could tell he was having some sort of internal battle with himself and expected the rational part of his brain to win. She was mentally preparing herself for the knock back when. . .

“Okay.”

What? He said yes! Her heart began to sing as he smiled at her tenderly but her elation was short lived as she soon realized this could very well be the last time she saw him, the only time they would get to spend with each other before he committed suicide, or the already dead version of it.

“I just need to call Evo. He was expecting me back. You’d better tell Alethia too,” he said as he got up from the sofa and headed out of the door.

She grabbed her cell from out of her coat pocket in the hall, noticed through the little window in the front door that Michael was on the porch, and headed for the bathroom. Shit. She had like. . . zero seconds to freshen up and make herself at least half decent if she was spending the night with Michael. It may be their one and only, but she was going to make damn sure that she was at least half presentable.

She paused. Oh, God! She was spending the night with Michael, actually with him. Her stomach began to do back flips with a mixture of nerves and excitement. No time. She sent a short text to Alethia explaining what was happening and asking her to drop the car on the drive whenever she liked, hoping she sensed the hidden do-not-disturb message that was in there, and quickly brushed her teeth. Then she threw off her top, splashed her armpits with cold water, dried them, and sprayed some sweet scented deodorant under each one before putting her top back on.

Her cell went off. Quick check, reply from Alethia. She was back at her hotel and she’d see her tomorrow. She ended it with, enjoy yourselves :-).

Lacy smiled.

She practically ran from the bathroom across the hall to her room, pausing halfway to check that Michael was still outside. She heard his muted voice from the other side of the door and then continued into her room. She quickly undressed, pulled some plain gray sweatpants and a white string top out of her closet, some fresh, matching underwear−white panties and bra−from her drawer and threw everything on. Finally, she ran a brush through her hair and pinned the front, back out of her face.

Just as she was walking back down the hall, Michael came through the door.

He stopped short and looked her up and down, noticing that she’d changed. “I like to wear my sweats in the evening,” she said all nonchalant as though all she’d done was change her clothes. “Did you talk to Evo?”

“Yeah, he’s cool being at my place. Says he has something to do anyway,” Michael replied, he looked a little awkward then removed his jacket.

“Just stick it up on the hook,” Lacy said awkwardly. Why the hell did she feel like a school girl on a first date all of sudden? And by the looks of things Michael felt the same. This was ridiculous. They were both adults. And anyway, it wasn’t like they hadn’t spent time together before. Only that was when things were just casual, when they were work colleagues who’d become friends. This was. . . different. “I’ll just make that coffee now.”

Thankfully, after a short time, things had become a lot less awkward between them. Lacy had made them both omelettes and they’d watched and laughed at some cheesy horror comedy on the horror channel. It was nice, relaxed; comfortable. They’d sat beside each other on the sofa and half way through the movie Lacy had nestled into Michael’s side and he’d lifted his arm and placed it around her. She was still in the same spot when the credits began to scroll up the screen only now Michael was lightly stroking her arm. Her head was on his chest. She breathed him in; the scent of him was intoxicating, like dark spice mixed with an ocean breeze. She knew she would want to hold on to it, remember it for as long as she could.

Michael must have sensed her anguish. His voice vibrated in her ear through his chest. “Don’t think about it,” he said as he stroked his hand up her bare arm and over her shoulder.
Reluctantly, she sat up so she could see his face. “How can I not? There’s a chance that I’ll never see you again after tomorrow. I’m having a little trouble dealing with that.”

He turned his body to face her. “Lacy, I know it’s going to be dangerous, but I’m not planning on staying down there. It may seem to you like a suicide mission, but it isn’t. I promise I have every intention of returning. . . to you.”

She closed her eyes and whispered, “Please do.”

Michael placed his finger under her chin and lifted her head. “I will.”

He pulled her into his arms and she wrapped hers around his back. They simply hugged each other for a couple of minutes. Michael’s chin rested upon her head. She was at home within his arms, never wanting to let him go. But she had to. It was going to kill her, but tomorrow she would say goodbye to him as though she would never see him again.

Michael pushed her back gently, his hands falling to her arms. “Hey, don’t think about it tonight, okay? Let’s just be together.”

She bit her teeth together to force back tears. She nodded her head. Then Michael leaned in and softly placed his mouth on hers. As soon as their lips joined, Lacy’s heart began to pound and she instantly melted into his kiss. His tongue pushed into her mouth finding hers and twining together in a sensual dance.

When he broke off, he leaned his forehead against hers. She saw him close his eyes and he whispered, “I don’t want this to be the last time I kiss you, or hold you.”

“Then come back to me.”

He began to kiss her again, wrapping his arms around her and stroking one hand up her back and into the nape of her neck, his fingers weaving into her hair. She was lost in him, the feel of his warm, full lips, his tongue massaging hers. He was like a drug that caused all her nerve endings to tingle with desire.
Next minute she was being picked up, Michael’s strong arms carrying her while he continued with his hypnotic kiss. She hadn’t realized how far he’d walked until she felt herself being placed on a bed, her bed. Michael followed her, his lips still fused with hers. She felt the weight of his body press down on her and she wrapped her arms around his back, feeling his muscles move under the material that she so wanted her hands to be under. She moved them down, found the hem of his sweater and slid her hands underneath and. . . Oh God! His skin was so soft she just had to feel it touching hers.

Michael’s mouth left hers and moved down to her chin. He kissed all the way around her neck. She closed her eyes uncontrollably at the sensation of his little soft kisses on her skin. He kissed up the other side to her ear where he gently sucked on her lobe. His name left her lips in a breathy whisper and his sharp exhale tickled her ear, sending goose bumps all over her body.

All they had done was kiss and she was totally lost in him, drowning in the pleasure of him. She needed to be closer, skin to skin. She pulled his sweater up the rest of the way and Michael took the hint and pulled it off over his head. He paused to look at her−his heavy eyes pinning her with an erotic stare that was almost her undoing. There were no words between them; there didn’t need to be. They both knew that this was probably their only night together and they were going to make it last, at least if Lacy had her way.

She sat up slowly and began to remove her top, but was quickly stopped from doing so by Michael’s hands. “No,” he said, shaking his head as a tortured look of shame suddenly washed over his face.

Lacy froze. Where had this come from? A few seconds ago he was just as lost in her as she was in him so what just happened?

She placed her hands either side of his face and looked him straight in the eye. “What’s wrong?” She tried to sound coherent, slowing her panting breath.

“I can’t do this. It doesn’t feel right,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 11:03am On Jul 28, 2018

Lacy’s hands slowly left Michael’s face and as he sensed her sorrow his chest tightened. He felt confused. How could this be happening? A month ago, he was a loner, as he was meant to be, unsure of why he was here but accepting things as they were. Finding answers was all he had to exist for; all he’d cared about.

Hell, he hadn’t felt anything but anger for such a long time−not even sure if it was possible to feel anything else, until now.

Now there was something much stronger than anger growing inside of him, and he felt it right in the center of his chest. His heart felt twice the size and, he didn’t know how, but Lacy had managed to somehow climb inside of it.

“I just don’t want you hurting if I don’t make it back. If we do this it’s just going to be so much harder. . . for the both of us. I’m already close to losing my mind over you, Lacy.” He was already worried about his sanity if he ended up trapped down in the pit like he feared. But spending the rest of his existence in that place craving her touch any more than he already did would be his downfall.

A stray tear escaped and ran down Lacy’s cheek. As he wiped it with his thumb, she closed her eyes and held his hand to her face. She whispered, “I want you, Michael. So much it. . . ”

What little control he had snapped in that instant. He cut her words off as he placed his mouth over hers, kissing her deeper this time, savoring every touch of her lips on his. He licked his tongue softly over her bottom lip and when she opened for him, he slid it inside meeting hers for a moment before retreating.
She moaned into his mouth, causing desire to enrapture his whole body. He threaded one hand through her hair while the other one stroked slowly down her neck. He revelled in the sensation of her silky smooth skin under his fingertips, and of her warm, soft lips against his.

He knew it was wrong, but there was no going back now. What little strength he had to stay away from her was gone.

“Shit,” he said suddenly, breaking their contact for a moment and sitting up on his knees at the side of her. “I don’t even know if I can. . . if everything’s working okay, physically I mean.” He saw the confusion on Lacy’s face. “I haven’t desired anyone since I’ve been in this body. I haven’t been interested in having sex at all. I don’t even know if I can. . . ”

“Then we’ll have to try it and see won’t we,” she said behind hooded eyes as she joined him on her knees and placed a soft kiss on the corner of his mouth before pulling back to look at him again. Her enticing smile was enough for him to toss his concern aside.

His mouth was on hers again in an instant. Shit! If he was going to do it, then he was going to make damn sure that neither of them ever forgot this night.

Lacy’s heart raced as she got lost in the sensation of their tongues twisting around each other. The feel of his strong arms wrapped around her as they both remained on their knees on top of the bed was glorious. Her arms went up around his neck and she ran her fingers through the soft hair at his nape. She felt his hand slide down to the arch of her back and he pulled her in closer. Her breath caught as she felt his erection press against her hip. He paused, then she felt him smile against her mouth before he continued to kiss her in such a heavenly way.

Thank God, she thought. His body was working just fine.

He lifted her top and she held up her arms for him to remove it, and he did it in such a way that his hands stroked over her flesh before he threw it to the floor.
She ran her hands over his shoulders and down his arms, feeling every inch of him, pausing to squeeze his thick biceps before she moved them to his stomach. His tight muscles were like ripples of hard iron under soft silk as she slid her hands up his torso. He watched her as her eyes drank every inch of him in. As her fingers stroked over his nipples, hardening them, he inhaled sharply, then placed his hands either side of her face and kissed her over and over again.

God, she loved the feel of his mouth on hers. She’d wanted this for so long, had been too afraid to admit to herself how deeply she was falling for him untilnow. He was everything she’d imagined him to be and more. He made things happen inside her body that she’d never dreamed she could feel; a desire she never thought possible. She ached for him.

His hand brushed up her side and she moaned into his mouth as he cupped her breast and began to knead her nipple between his thumb and finger through the lace of her bra. He unclipped the front clasp, freeing both of her breasts, then slid the straps down her arms. After dropping it onto the floor, he stroked both hands up her arms, his eyes raking over her goose flesh, watching as she felt her nipples hardening instantly.

He leaned into her. “You’re so beautiful,” he whispered into her ear before lightly kissing the flesh under it. She closed her eyes and melted under his warm breath as he trailed his kisses down her neck, across the front and up the other side. Suddenly, she forgot how to breathe. The feel of his lips on her skin sent flames of desire rushing around her body.

He pressed his groin into her, his moan sending her crazy. He began to trail kisses down her neck, then her collar bone, pausing again to look at her he said, “Jesus. Lacy. You’re perfect.” His voice was husky making him sound even sexier than he already did. He made her feel perfect, beautiful, and she loved how he looked at her.

She inhaled deeply, arching her back as his mouth latched onto her breast and his tongue began to swirl around her nipple, sending intense waves of heat, like nothing she’d ever felt before, rushing through her body.

“Michael,” she whispered as she played her fingers through his hair. His hand reached for her other breast, massaging it as his tongue continued to lap at the other, then he sucked, and kissed and licked her until she was sure he would tip her over the edge. Dear God, she was close to it already and he’d only gotten as far as her breasts.

She needed more.

Bravely, she pushed herself into his groin, feeling his hard length press into her, rubbing her in exactly the right place. She reached down between their bodies and began to unbutton his jeans. He moaned as her hand brushed his erection and he reached down to place his hand over hers, rubbing himself

through his jeans. Then he was back at her mouth, pushing his tongue inside of her again, repeating that sensual kiss from before only now with more intensity.

She freed her hand from his and pushed his pants and boxers down his thighs.

Michael reached down, pulled them over his knees one by one and kicked them on to the floor.

Oh my. . . He was beautifully naked.

She didn’t have much time to admire him as he was easing her down onto her back then he was on top of her. He began to feather more of those sensual kisses down her throat, over one of her breasts and down her stomach and when he reached the top of her sweats he looked up at her through hooded lids as he slowly pulled the material down over her hips, her legs, dropping them to the floor followed by her white lace panties. Finally, there were no more barriers.

Michael’s breath caught as he knelt in front of Lacy, who was now lying naked in front of him. His eyes roamed around her body taking in every inch of her rosy skin. She smiled up at him, her beautiful pale green eyes locking onto his.

Her cheeks flushed from her arousal, which made him even harder as he anticipated what was about to happen.

Lacy slowly lifted one of her legs and slid it outwards, giving him one hell of a view. She stroked her hand over her breast and down her stomach towards her sex, her gaze never leaving him, once again causing his control to snap. He bent down between her legs beating her hand to its destination with his mouth.
She cried out as he softly licked at her core, soaking up her wetness, tasting every inch of her. Jesus Christ, she tasted so good. She writhed with pleasure as his tongue flicked over her flesh. He knew exactly when her orgasm hit because she cried out as her whole body began to spasm and she grabbed the sheet in both of her hands. Lacy cried out his name as he felt the muscle of her sex contracting against his tongue.

In an instant he was on top of her, needing to be inside of her. He pressed the blunt head of his erection against her warm flesh, but before he went any further he paused to look at her. This woman who was lying beneath him had somehow captivated him. He was completely enthralled by her. He knew that after tonight there was no way he could stay away from her−be without her. He would make sure he survived his little trip into Hell and then he would protect her for however long he could.

“Michael. Are you okay?” Her voice snapped him away from his thoughts, bringing him right back to the beautiful face that was staring up at him.

He smiled at her as best as he could, stroking her damp hair from her face.

“Right now, Lacy, in this moment with you, I couldn’t be happier.”

As he kissed her he eased himself inside of her, joining their bodies for what may be the only time. She cried out as he pushed himself to the hilt feeling her warmth around him as their pelvises met. Heat rushed over him, melting him his heart. He withdrew slowly, almost all the way, then slid back inside feeling her walls rub him, squeezing him. Even though he was dead, he’d never felt so alive. His greatest fear now was that he’d never feel this with her again.
Lacy gasped as she looked into his eyes and he instantly knew why. The white glow from his irises softly illuminated her face, making her skin appear luminous. Her beauty overwhelmed him. He kissed her deeply, his tongue stroking hers, her breath caught every time he pushed into her. Her hands pressed into the cheeks of his ass pushing him deeper inside her with every thrust. Her moans grew louder as he increased the pace.

“Jesus, Lacy!”

He couldn’t be gentle any longer and a need took over him, but he knew she wanted it that way too, just as much as he did as her nails dug into him. “Oh, my God, Michael.” Her breath on his skin warmed his whole body with a heat he’d never felt before.

He drove into her, retreating and thrusting again, faster, harder until he could feel his own release rising through him with an electrifying intensity. “Bleep!”

He let out a loud groan as he came, filling her with his orgasm as she found her own release, milking him, squeezing him with her thighs as he felt her whole body tense with pleasure beneath him.

“Oh, God.”

He buried his head in her neck. Inhaling her scent for a moment as his body relaxed on top of her. He was still inside her as they lay panting in each other’s arms. He wanted to stay joined to her for as long as he could, scared that he might never get this chance again.

He brushed her hair from her face, kissing her forehead, her cheek, and when he kissed her mouth he felt her smile against his lips. He pulled back to look at her as she gave him the loveliest smile he’d ever seen.

He rested his forehead on hers. “Everything seems to work okay,” he said playfully, still catching his breath.

“Are you kidding me?” she replied, her voice slightly hoarse. “Okay? More than okay.”

They both laughed and Michael shifted onto his side, pulling her with him and wrapping her in his arms. The realism of what he was soon to do kept threatening to consume him as he lay silently holding her, but he pushed it from his mind. He needed to be here with her in this moment for as long as he could, and he wasn’t about to let anything ruin it.

They lay silently gazing at each other; faces inches away, their warm breaths merging in the small space that separated them. They didn’t need to speak, the silence said it all. Michael stroked his fingers up and down Lacy’s back and watched as her eyes blinked with dreamy languor and she eventually fell asleep.

He kissed the end of her nose.

1 Like

Re: Awaken: Divine Hunter by Preciousbouy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2018
CHAPTER TWENTY

“Laaacy!”Her blond hair hung over her face as she bent over Lacy.

Ghostly features stared with such intensity. Her face was mere inches away.

Lacy tried to look away, but the ghostly figure somehow held her within its glassy gaze, unable to move. “Laaacy!” she repeated. Lacy wanted to call out, to ask her what she wanted, but when she went to talk, no sound came out.

Suddenly the woman backed up out of view. When Lacy lifted her head to see where she’d gone, she was at the foot of her bed. Her torn clothes hung from her and her arms were outstretched towards Lacy. Her head tilted to the side before she shot backwards and through the bedroom wall.
Lacy saw something written on the wall right where she’d disappeared. She squinted to read it, but when she did, her stomach sank. . . The two words written in black simply read:

HE’S COMING!!!

Lacy’s eyes sprang open. She could have sworn she heard someone whisper her name. She blinked a couple of times and a vision of a blond woman flashed into her mind. She tried to remember the dream she must have just had that had made her heart pound in her chest, but couldn’t. After a few seconds, when her brain had kicked into gear, she smiled and cuddled into Michael’s arm that was wrapped around the front of her across her breasts. She must have turned around in her sleep because she now had her back to him and could feel his warm body tucked around her. She sighed, content in the moment until. . .
“No. . . Can’t. . . . . . out!” Michael murmured. She felt his whole body tense around her. “Lacy. . . Need to. . . Help her!”

She slowly maneuvered herself around under his heavy arm so that she was facing him.

“Hey,” she whispered, shaking him softly, careful not to startle him.

“Michael, wake up.”

“He’ll. . . Kill. . . ” He tensed again. She felt his body tremble.

Oh God. “Michael. . . Hey.” His eyes snapped open, startling her for a moment. “You were having a− ”Before she could finish he was pulling her into him, his head burrowed into her neck. “Hey. Its okay. It was just a dream.”

She felt him tighten around her and she squeezed him back. Whatever it was that he’d just seen in his nightmare had clearly freaked him out. “Are you awake now?” she asked in a tentative voice.

“Yeah,” he murmured into her neck before pulling back to look at her. He blinked a few times, clearing his sleepy vision. “Shit! That was weird. It felt so real. ”She brushed his sweaty hair from his forehead. “Well, it wasn’t. You’re here with me.” He kissed her amorously and then resumed his hug. She closed her eyes, feeling overwhelmed by his tenderness. After a moment, Michael pulled away just enough to look at her while keeping her in his arms. “You were dying. Varesh had taken you again and he was torturing you to get at me. He was using his fire to burn you just like he did with me only you couldn’t take it. I couldn’t get to you because I was trapped in the pit, but Lucifer took great pleasure in showing me what Varesh was doing to you.” His voice was shaky. He paused and swallowed hard. “I felt everything you were feeling and there was nothing I could do to get to you.”

Lacy reached up and placed her hand on his cheek.

“It felt so real.” Michael closed his eyes for a moment.

Her vision went blurry as her eyes filled up with tears. This time she pulled him close. She couldn’t bear to see his anguish. It hurt her so much to think that he may not make it back. To feel so strongly for him in such a short time astonished her. How had this happened? How had she fallen so hard for someone she barely knew?

“I need you to come back to me,” she whispered.

Michael lifted his head, looked into her eyes and then kissed her in such a tender way she nearly lost her mind. She tried to push away the thought of him leaving her in just a few hours and focus on this time with him, here in his arms, loving him. Oh my. . . did she love him? Was it possible to love somebody so quickly? All she knew was that she would ache for him when he was gone.

Michael made love to her again, twice.

Lacy woke up with a smile on her face. That was until she reached around expecting to find Michael beside her, but the bed was empty. She sat up quickly. “Oh, please. No.” She panicked thinking that he’d left without saying goodbye, but then paused when she heard something drop to the floor in the kitchen. Soon after, she realized she could smell bacon. She let out a relieved sigh and lay back down. Last night had been the most perfect night of her life, and even though she knew her afterglow would be short lived, she couldn’t help the big grin that filled her face as she thought about what had happened between the two of them through the night. Never in her life had she had sex even twice in a row let alone three times. When she moved on to her side, she ached. Oh, but it was a good ache. The muscles in her thighs felt tender but she loved it. The pain was lessened due to the cause: mind blowing sex. Sweet lord Michael knew how to please. Her erotic thoughts were interrupted when the door opened and in he walked, gloriously naked from the waist up, with a tray in his hands. He had the most handsome smile as he walked over to the bed.

“Good morning. I made you breakfast,” he said. Could he be any more perfect? She pulled herself up to a sitting position, bringing the comforter with her and tucking it under her arms. For some reason her modesty had returned and she felt a little shy. Why the hell did she feel shy?

“Morning.” She beamed up at him.

Michael sat down on the edge of the bed and passed her the tray, leaning over to kiss her as he did. Her stomach did a little growl and she felt his lips curl up into a smile. “Someone’s hungry,” he said, and kissed her once more before he pulled away. She looked at the food on the plate: bacon, eggs and two slices of toast accompanied by a glass of coke?

“You didn’t have any fresh juice so. . . ” They both laughed. It was hard to act normal, though. Reality had returned and her conflicting emotions were hard to ignore. As much as she wanted to revel in her joy at having spent the whole night with Michael−him bringing her breakfast followed by a tender morning kiss−she couldn’t. The whole wonderfully perfect situation was overshadowed by the dread that was looming over her.

If Michael noticed her glum face, he didn’t say anything. “Enjoy your food,”

he said as he stood up. “I need to call Evo for him to come pick me up. I’d prefer to leave my car here if you don’t mind.”

Lacy managed a nod as she pushed a piece of bacon in her mouth, which suddenly tasted like cardboard. Michael’s words had just instantly killed her appetite. She was no longer in the mood to eat but would do so. Michael had been kind enough to make her breakfast so she wouldn’t disrespect him by leaving it, even if she had to throw up afterwards. His eyes lingered on hers a moment before he turned and left the room. The clock was ticking. Soon they’d be saying goodbye to each other, but while he was still here in her house she could pretend he wasn’t going anywhere. After finishing the breakfast that she surprisingly ended up enjoying, Lacy was now dressed and at the sink in the kitchen filling the jug for the coffee machine. She hadn’t showered; that would have taken up too much time. Instead, she’d picked out some fresh clothes, tight black jeans and a midnight blue T-shirt, and hurried to the kitchen in her slippers, picking up the car keys from the mat by the front door that Alethia must have posted during the night. Michael had flashed her a tentative smile as she’d passed him in the front room while he was speaking to Evo on his cell.

“He’s on his way,” Michael said quietly behind her, sounding as dejected as she felt as he joined her in the kitchen. She placed the coffee jug down on the counter. It was too soon. She wasn’t expecting him to leave straight away. Her shoulders dropped. “I was about to make coffee too.”Suddenly, strong arms wrapped around her and Michael placed a kiss on her neck before resting his chin on her shoulder. Oh, God. She couldn’t do this. She closed her eyes.
“We can have coffee,” he murmured next to her ear. “Evo’ll just have to wait.”
He turned her around to face him, lifted her chin with his finger and then kissed her mouth tenderly. Then she hugged him and rested her head on his chest, discreetly rubbing away the unshed tears from her eyes.

Their embrace was short lived when there was a hard knock on the front door.

“That’ll be him now.” Michael gave her a half smile and left to answer it.

Lacy carried on making the coffee, filling the jug a little more assuming Evo would want one too. She took a few deep breaths in an attempt to compose herself as she heard Michael and Evo’s voices growing louder as they approached.

“Hey,” Evo said over the noise of the coffee machine, “do I time things right or what? Black, two sugars please.” He winked at her as he sat at the table. Normally he irritated the hell out of her, but strangely enough, she welcomed his buoyancy with open arms today even though she didn’t understand it. After all, he was accompanying Michael on his little trip, but didn’t seem to be at all concerned. She would never figure the guy out.

“Do I smell bacon?” Evo asked, leaning back and kicking his ankle up onto his knee. His arm was flung over the back of the chair.Michael grabbed something from the fridge. “You did. Here,” he said, throwing something at Evo. His friend caught the packet of raw bacon with a look of disgust on his face. “You’re welcome to cook some.”“Charming. I’m throwing my life on the line for you today and you can’t even cook me some damn bacon.”Michael leaned against the counter and stroked Lacy’s arm with the back of his hand, making her realize that her whole body had tensed at Evo’s flippant words. “I’d rather go it alone than wait on you like some dumb shit,” he replied.

Lacy couldn’t hold back her chuckle as she stirred the three cups of coffee. She carried one over to Evo, who was reaching into the inside pocket of his black leather duster, and placed the mug down in front of him.

“Thanks,” he said in a low voice and then winked at her. She wasn’t sure how comfortable she was with that, but soon realized it was for a reason.

“Well, see. . . then you wouldn’t have this.” Evo held up a small silver ring which had multicolored jewels encrusted all around it. His proud smirk made Lacy raise an eyebrow.

“Shit! Evo, that’s Alethia’s ring. How did you get it?” Michael immediately went to Evo and took the ring from him. He was clearly surprised by the small, non-descript looking thing but why? What was so special about it? And yes, how did Evo get it?

His cocky face remained the same. “Let’s just say I’m good with my hands,” he winked again, at Michael this time.

“You didn’t. . . Is that where you were going when I spoke to you last night?” Michael’s face was a mix of shock and admiration. Evo didn’t answer, just carried on looking smug.

“What’s going on?” Lacy asked, confused by the whole exchange.Michael answered. “This ring was given to Alethia by her father. It catches demons somehow. But we don’t even know how to use it.” That last part was directed at Evo who was now gesturing with his fingers for Michael to give it back. “You may not know. I, on the other hand, do.” He flashed Michael a proud grin while taking back the ring and tucking it back safely inside his pocket.
“And how the hell did you manage that?”
Evo raised an eyebrow. “You have to ask?” was all he said, and she was pretty sure they both knew what he meant. Lacy was actually a little surprised that Alethia had succumbed to Evo’s charms. Granted, she hadn’t known her longer than five minutes, but even so, Lacy thought her wiser than that. Evo was obviously better than she thought.

“Uh, Michael, don’t want to rush you buddy, but we really should get going.”

As soon as the words had left Evo’s mouth, Lacy felt her knees buckle a little. In an attempt to distract herself from her imminent anxiety attack, she busied herself by grabbing the cups from the table and she placed them in the sink. She turned the faucet on and heard Michael mutter something to Evo.

“Take care Lacy. Oh, and when we get back, I want some of that bacon,” Evo said as he left the room.

After filling up the sink, she turned the faucet off to a dead silence.

“Hey.” Michael said after a few moments as he placed his hand on her shoulder and turned her to face him. As Lacy looked at his beautiful pale blue eyes, she choked back a sob. His expression was as pained as hers. The feeling that this was goodbye as evident on his face as it was in her heart. He pulled her into him and wrapped his arms around her tightly. She did the same to him and in that moment, his warmth, his scent, his closeness broke her resolve.

She lost it.

Tears began to stream, dampening Michael’s sweater. He must have heard her hitched breaths because he tightened his hold on her, kissing the top of her head. She didn’t know how long they stayed like that in each other’s arms, but when Michael eased her back so he could look at her she knew it hadn’t been long enough. He wiped at her tears with the tips of his fingers, then tilted her chin, covering her mouth with his in a lingering kiss. “I have to go,” he said in a husky voice, while resting his forehead against hers. He closed his eyes and let out a slow ragged breath. When he moved to leave her, she managed to speak, “Michael−” but her words were cut short when he placed his hand over her lips and shook his head.

“Don’t. . . ”

Another tear escaped and ran down her cheek and she swallowed hard.

Aside from burying her sister, saying goodbye to him truly was the hardest thing she’d ever had to do in her life.

“I’ll see you soon, okay?” His eyebrows raised a little and he looked at Lacy with reassurance.“Promise?”

Michael placed his hand on her cheek. “I promise.” He gently kissed her forehead, turned and left.

Lacy stayed in the exact same spot for what could have been a few minutes, a few hours, she didn’t care. The man who she feared she was falling in love with had just said goodbye to her for what could be the very last time. She was numb, devoid of all feeling. When she finally managed to move her legs, she grabbed the phone, called work and told them she had a severe stomach bug−no way she could face it today−and snuggled on the couch with a blanket with the intention of watching trash TV in the hope it would take her mind off things. It didn’t. Instead she just sat and stared. Lacy had no idea how long she’d been transfixed on the TV screen. The show that was on when she’d first sat down had finished and Extreme Makeover had taken its place. She hadn’t even noticed that the sound was down until now. She wanted to get up from her zombie-like state and at least take a shower, but she had no chance of willing her body to move. This was worse than she’d anticipated. When she’d imagined Michael leaving and the state she’d be in, it hadn’t been this bad.

She groaned and pulled the blanket right up to her chin suddenly feeling the air turn chilly. Oh well, at least she’d have no choice but to move soon when she’d have to turn the thermostat up on the heating. The temperature must have dropped outside She pushed the blanket off and was just about to get up from the sofa when a sudden humming sensation began to sound from over by the door to the hallway. She paused to listen. It grew louder and then, in the exact spot that her eyes were fixed, a swirling gray mist formed from nowhere. Before she could do anything other than freeze with fear, a familiar figure appeared and the gray mist dissipated as quickly as it had formed to reveal a tall, dark-haired woman, dressed in navy blue tight jeans and a black figure hugging turtle neck top under a tan knee length coat, with a very troubled look on her face.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Getting A Life- Safarigirl / Crazy Hannah - By Lady C / All I've Never Wanted... A Novella

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 232
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.