Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) - Autos (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) (80238 Views)

Why Are Cars Sold At Abule Egba and Ijaiye In Lagos So Cheap? / The Shocking Transformation Of This Crashed Toyota Sienna In Nigeria (Photos) / No Clean Title US Used Cars Sold In Nigeria Ignore Your Car Dealer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by timifakay(m): 9:20pm On Mar 05, 2018
thebigkendo:
Just look at a car I inspected last week.. The car has been fixed in Nigeria.. Looking all clean, decided to search the auction lot number... Boom!!! I just hissed and walked away. Nigerian car dealers cannot make heaven & yes I am generalizing

Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa, Kingreign, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Princetom1, timifakay, Ipfreely and finally the newest demeanor cosplay grin

Edited
Hehehe.

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by urvillagepeoplee(m): 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2018
These same set of guys also import accidented/flooded laptops,salvaged iPhones,flooded plasma TVs,abandoned fridges/washing machines,flooded/salvaged rugs and sell them in technology section to unsuspecting buyers in the name of no tested. even shoes that were flooded in Texas,dey import them all to 9ja aka dumping ground/junk yard.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by jmaine: 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2018
urvillagepeoplee:
These same set of guys also import accidented/flooded laptops,salvaged iPhones,flooded plasma TVs,abandoned fridges/washing machines,flooded/salvaged rugs and sell them in technology section to unsuspecting buyers in the name of no tested. even shoes that were flooded in Texas,dey import them all to 9ja aka dumping ground/junk yard.

Amazing. We still dey buy non tested at this age. Lolz..
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by thebigkendo(m): 10:42pm On Mar 05, 2018
urvillagepeoplee:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by LeJeun3: 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2018

A 2013 range Rover Sport, was brought in over the weekend... major complaint was that the car drove crooked, I found out car was in major accident, Chassis was badly damaged so badly it was cut and rejoined together....

Only that they forgot to weld the other side.... shocked

2 Shares

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by LeJeun3: 11:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
thebigkendo:
Just look at a car I inspected last week.. The car has been fixed in Nigeria.. Looking all clean, decided to search the auction lot number... Boom!!! I just hissed and walked away. Nigerian car dealers cannot make heaven & yes I am generalizing

Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa, Kingreign, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Princetom1, timifakay, Ipfreely and finally the newest demeanor cosplay grin

Edited

It wasn't serious, Baba Karimu ma se.....

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by timifakay(m): 11:39pm On Mar 05, 2018
LeJeun3:

A 2013 range Rover Sport, was brought in over the weekend... major complaint was that the car drove crooked, I found out car was in major accident, Chassis was badly damaged so badly it was cut and rejoined together....

Clean in and out.
Buy and drive they said
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 12:28am On Mar 06, 2018
LeJeun3:

I hail some people

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by ogtavia(m): 2:05am On Mar 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

lots of sense broda! this is another aspect we will tackle but not now! we will get to that

alright then..
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by ogtavia(m): 2:06am On Mar 06, 2018
EkeneElectrons:

No matter what you do, Nigerians will still price the car anyhow and beside a car was once a skeleton before it became real, weda you buy clean title or savage, it's just a mechanism. So anyone ye like buy, na human like us make am, so if you like buy, no be God create car
yeah i agree but a used car and a repaired car are two separate items which most likely will have separate values....
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Xionez(m): 3:28am On Mar 06, 2018
thebigkendo:

Edited

The owner will be fixing this car's K-leg for the rest of the its miserable life.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 5:49am On Mar 06, 2018
LeJeun3:

What a disastrous finding.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 5:51am On Mar 06, 2018
thebigkendo:

Edited
As in. And this is just what’s visible. The undercarriage damage would be disastrous.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:27am On Mar 06, 2018
LeJeun3:

can u imagine, seller will say haba this is RRS it dances like this naw, car will be dancing skelewu on the road like when my mechanic forgot to tighten wheel nuts and his excuse was "I forgot".

skelewu RRS.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by EkeneElectrons(m): 6:32am On Mar 06, 2018
ogtavia:
yeah i agree but a used car and a repaired car are two separate items which most likely will have separate values....

yes that's why de prices are like that, if you start spending money to be checking Vin history of cars to buy, you'll end up spending almost 600k because honestly you can never be satisfied, best thing to do is go with a scanner, scan de car if car is ok, buy it. That's most important.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 6:50am On Mar 06, 2018
EkeneElectrons:

yes that's why de prices are like that, if you start spending money to be checking Vin history of cars to buy, you'll end up spending almost 600k because honestly you can never be satisfied, best thing to do is go with a scanner, scan de car if car is ok, buy it. That's most important.

Noted

Always insist on the vin being provided, always run VIN checks

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by EkeneElectrons(m): 7:01am On Mar 06, 2018
Cosplay:

Noted

Always insist on the vin being provided, always run VIN checks

That's for you, I prefer using scanner to scan de car because Vin checks will always break your hearts and eat your money 77×7 times because you can never be satisfied
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 06, 2018
angry very evil pple i got a 06 camry 2 years ago for 1.5m. D fuse box was toast the condenser dented( dealer claimed it happen when it was in d container). During the apostle and daniela saga. I veiwed my car plate numb on the lasg website too. Den just searched for my VIn too on google. It linked me to the auxtion website. The last owner hit a pole which affected the condenser and fuse. My car had been involved in two rear accidents shocked. Only God knows if the airbag still works angry.

4 Likes

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Kjnwancaro: 7:29am On Mar 06, 2018
EkeneElectrons:

That's for you, I prefer using scanner to scan de car because Vin checks will always break your hearts and eat your money 77×7 times because you can never be satisfied

What code will the scanner give for a broken chassis?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 06, 2018
Kjnwancaro:

maybe P419CH grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 8:21am On Mar 06, 2018
pinnket:
maybe P419CH grin

grin grin
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cadillac15(m): 8:53am On Mar 06, 2018
pinnket:
maybe P419CH grin

This is the funniest post of this thread. Just could not read and pass shocked grin
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by teeboy03(m): 9:15am On Mar 06, 2018
pinnket:
maybe P419CH grin
Dude,Fear God.... haha

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by EkeneElectrons(m): 10:13am On Mar 06, 2018
Kjnwancaro:

All this many talk, I just realized am wasting time, people wey dey buy car know what to do. Good luck with your vin checks, newbies.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by ngwaba(m): 10:31am On Mar 06, 2018
Explorers:
Please note, this thread is not to pull down anyone or anybody's business.

'Some' cars on Nairaland, not 'all' cars on Nairaland.

How do we go about doing this? Is there a website for carrying out this check? Am shocked with this revelation.

For many years, we blame our leaders, our government, politicians that they are thieves, corrupt, they are liars and so on.

But have we checked ourselves?

Are we in any way better?

If given the chance to hold their offices, are we not going to do worse?

Where we are now, our homes, streets, offices, little businesses we doing, how do we deal with our clients, our partners, colleagues, neighbors, friends, relatives and so on

Have we been fair enough, have been transparent or honest enough

As a car dealer, i think your clients have the right to know about everything you know about the car you're selling to them.

Some of these cars were posted here on Nairaland accident free untill some guys started running the lot number/VIN

Most time, some dealers claim clean title cars are too expensive, that's why they go for cars with minor crashes.

I agree, clean title cars are expensive, but some of these dealers will still brand the accidented cars to be accident free cars, selling it thesame price with clean title.

Imagine a seriouly wrecked 2007 camry SE going for 3.4m, maybe asking price.

Sometimes is not about the money or price, but the disclosure, the transparency, let your customers no what they're buying.

If you tell them and don't buy, others will buy.

Minor accidents or major accidents, tell your clients.

Then, some of these dealers on Nairaland are middle men/salesmen, they advertise and sell cars for people without knowing much about the history of what they're posting or selling.

You have a name to protect.

Three years ago my brother was a victim, bought a Toks 2009 camry XLE from a dealership in Akure, 3.1m

3months later car started showing itself, today not engine starting, tomorrow A.C. not working, next tomorrow power steering, next oil leakage, overheating, fuel pump, next braking system, or wiring problems, just within 10months of purchase.

They were working on the electronics one day when one of the tech guys run the VIN, you wont believe the history.

The accident must have claimed lives, it was non-repairable.

But maybe with magic they repaired and my brother bought it.

We went back to the dealer to ask him about the history.

He was still claiming accident free until we show him the pictures, he started giving excuses that it was a mistake.

But thank God today, he has nothing on his stand.

My bro used the car for 1 year and about 3months, sold it to his mechanic for 900k

The present condition of a car is important, as long as it's working fine, but the history is important as well.

Please disclose history of your cars to your buyers, customers right from Nairaland.

Not until they come for physical inspection, like one of the posters of these cars said yesterday.

You didn't disclose the history here, but you will disclose the accident the car involved when buyers come for physical inspection, when you're smelling money, that's when you will now tell them that the cars had accidents and show them the pictures.

This is a 2014 Honda Accord going for over 5m here on Nairaland.

Imagine you're buying this honda and the dealer is just showing you the picture of the accident at point of payment

These cars are still up for sale

I advice buyers to always ask for VIN and run it before any negotiation, if they're ok with the history, go for it.

And if the damage on the history check is too extreme, you walk away.

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 11:52am On Mar 06, 2018
EkeneElectrons:

All this many talk, I just realized am wasting time, people wey dey buy car know what to do. Good luck with your vin checks, newbies.

And Good luck with your scam formats, pro.

Silly a55hole

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2018
EkeneElectrons:

you still do nt get it? how is the scanner going to tell you car was stollen?
How is the scanner going to tell you the chassis is bent?
How will the scanner tell you the car's earodynamics had been altered due to re worked body structure which is not up to factory spec?
How would the scanner tell you your car is going to vibrate due to bent drive shaft and propellers?
So my friend, with waht I have just said you should know scanner are of no use when it comes to stuff like this.Plus some manufactureres code need Dealer grade diagnostics to code.
PS, If you do not find my info useful then I will assume you are up to no good!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by LeJeun3: 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
Cosplay:

What a disastrous finding.

Fixed issues with the Range Rover sport....

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
Nice
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by dbelovd(m): 10:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
EkeneElectrons:

There is nothing you will say that will stop sales of salvage vehicles in the country until you can fix your country problem. Good morning.

Nobody is contesting the fact that salvage vehicles are here to stay Nigeria at least until we do something drastic to redeem our economy..

Even at that, buyer are entitled to know exactly what he is buying

Packaging accidented cars as clean cars are nothing but deceit..

I'm in total support of FULL DISCLOSURE!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cutehector(m): 5:48am On Mar 08, 2018
dbelovd:

Nobody is contesting the fact that salvage vehicles are here to stay Nigeria at least until we do something drastic to redeem our economy..

Even at that, buyer are entitled to know exactly what he is buying

Packaging accidented cars as clean cars are nothing but deceit..

I'm in total support of FULL DISCLOSURE!!
lol this can be likened to a man marrying a prosttitute who packaged herself as chaste.. grin
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by fuckwell2080: 6:08am On Mar 08, 2018
All dealers both fake and genuine you have seen it all.Always tell buyers the true nature of the car you are selling.Everything no be money.99% of you dealers are very greedy tag a damage car as accident free.Those fake agent that don't no what they are selling always ask the owner of the vehicle.I wanted to buy Camry 2012 last year, three agent to one car .imagine the three foolish greedy agent said I must settle them 10k each.I told them am dealing with one agent not three who told me he is the owner of the car after all the lies and aguement before the idiot called the real owner.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Buying Of All Types Of Cars And Truck Now Made Easy: / Used Tokumbor Tyres, Will Pass For Brand New. / 7 Inch LCD Car Headrest DVD Player, With Zipper Plus 32 bit Game, USB/SD, IR, FM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.