Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) (80267 Views)

Why Are Cars Sold At Abule Egba and Ijaiye In Lagos So Cheap? / The Shocking Transformation Of This Crashed Toyota Sienna In Nigeria (Photos) / No Clean Title US Used Cars Sold In Nigeria Ignore Your Car Dealer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by saintjoel(m): 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
luxy44:

Contact Gbenga here on nairaland. His moniker is saintjoel or something....can't remember

Thanks for the mention sir.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
saintjoel:

Thanks for the mention sir.
You bring in cars via Cotonou?
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by saintjoel(m): 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
olumide4christ:

I completely agree with you....in addition some customs agents here have been advertising"Tincan customs duty papers for Cotonou vehicles".
This is a scam...even the customs agent who helped me get my car from Cotonou in 2014 when the land borders were still open, confirmed to me on phone & even in his thread here on Nairaland that - there is nothing like Tincan papers for Cotonou vehicles now.
You can search for his moniker on Nairaland - @saintjoel or JELAD Ltd (his business name) - he is a very sincere & trustworthy customs agent unlike many here on Nairaland.

Mr Olumide, thanks so much for the mention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by saintjoel(m): 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cosplay:

You bring in cars via Cotonou?

Vehicles (RORO OR CONTAINERISED) AND GENERAL GOODS LIKE HOUSEHOLD ITEMS ETC OR AGRIC COMMODITIES (IMPORT/EXPORT) - TINCAN

General goods plus AGRIC commodities ( import or export) - LAND BORDERS...

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by ogtavia(m): 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
I appreciate your honesty and openness...but I'd like to ask,how do you reconcile buying an accidented vehicle (probably at a low cost), repairing the necessary things and reselling? For instance, you buy a 2007 Toyota camry sports worth between $5000 and $9000 as the case may be at a low price of say $1000 auction price, repair it a cost of say $3000 and then resell at #2.5million (about $7000) making a profit of say about $3000...and this is for an accidented vehicle....for me,i feel its good you are being open with the history of the vehicles but still selling them as though they were used vehicles with clean titles...I just hope I made some sense..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:21pm On Mar 04, 2018
ogtavia:
I appreciate your honesty and openness...but I'd like to ask,how do you reconcile buying an accidented vehicle (probably at a low cost), repairing the necessary things and reselling? For instance, you buy a 2007 Toyota camry sports worth between $5000 and $9000 as the case may be at a low price of say $1000 auction price, repair it a cost of say $3000 and then resell at #2.5million (about $7000) making a profit of say about $3000...and this is for an accidented vehicle....for me,i feel its good you are being open with the history of the vehicles but still selling them as though they were used vehicles with clean titles...I just hope I made some sense..

lots of sense broda! this is another aspect we will tackle but not now! we will get to that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by LeJeun3: 11:20pm On Mar 04, 2018
shocked
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by olumide4christ: 1:57am On Mar 05, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

instead of the 419 to just jejely keep qwayet he was busy typing thrash from the onset.
oya naw people see him, I was copying him for him to retrace his steps and turn a new leaf or jejely leave NL...... he was still arrogant and aggressive

And for him to put in his signature...."always remember where you come from".... I hope his parents weren't smugglers...if they were not smugglers or dubious people, it means he didn't remember where he came from, contrary to his signature!

3 Likes

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 5:57am On Mar 05, 2018
ately1:

are you mad whats your problem this boy. i will report you. you dey play with your life this boy
Oyah Wooooohh

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by timifakay(m): 7:28am On Mar 05, 2018
Ipfreely:

I do.

https://www.nairaland.com/3898330/sold-awooof-sales-2008-upgraded

Thanks boss. For me, this was the worst case.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by valarinz: 8:39am On Mar 05, 2018
erico2k2:

Yes, these are the reasons I stopped selling cars, you have to be bad to make money cos of these scammers.I sold my last car on here 2014 I think, for N1,050,000.000, landing price was N900k, 2001 camry.after 8 months sitting.So it was a waste of time and investment,I will only do pre order if i venture back again,cos the cost of clean cars are unspeakable since these scammers sell dead cars as great cars for great price.

So bros, cos you bought a clean title car and yet Nigerians refused to buy it, rather they prefer the cheaper accidented ones, you pass the verdict that the fellow car dealers are your problem and reasons for not selling??

A very simple solution staring you in the face, yet u ignore it cos u want to follow the popular bandwagon route of blaming dealers for every thing, even a missing spare bolt.

All of them typing all these holy things here on this thread will still not buy your Clean title car, if you like supply VIN or more, they'll rather buy accidented or they'll price your Clean title car for same or even lower than accidented ones, yet u keep blaming the dealers, if you are serious for biz u won't put yourself in a situation where you'll have to tie down your money for 8 months for a meagre 150k profit.

Do the maths!!

3 Likes

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by tk4rd: 8:54am On Mar 05, 2018
We need more people like you in this country. @Explorers
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 05, 2018
[quote author=banky3w post=65519637]I would have loved it if the moderators can help matters by banning culprits forever. But unfortunately, the mods are silent. All we are left to do is call them out and call them out we shall..... [/quot

you wan spoil choppings for them
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 05, 2018
[quote author=fortune1894 post=65519848]explorers you are about to make yourself some powerful enemies[/quot

why these so called tokunbo are over priced given their age and mileage, op only scratched the surface , he didnt talk about odometer tampering, cutting a vehicle in half and welding it to another half.

hmm i d rather buy a locally used car that was bought brand new.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by femo86(m): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2018
People vewing this thread yapa ooo... shocked on a Monday morning
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 05, 2018
thanks for the info, i now know how to look st those crooks who advertise coffins on wheels and call them clean, low mileage accident free cars.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by EkeneElectrons(m): 9:21am On Mar 05, 2018
valarinz:

So bros, cos you bought a clean title car and yet Nigerians refused to buy it, rather they prefer the cheaper accidented ones, you pass the verdict that the fellow car dealers are your problem and reasons for not selling??

A very simple solution staring you in the face, yet u ignore it cos u want to follow the popular bandwagon route of blaming dealers for every thing, even a missing spare bolt.

All of them typing all these holy things here on this thread will still not buy your Clean title car, if you like supply VIN or more, they'll rather buy accidented or they'll price your Clean title car for same or even lower than accidented ones, yet u keep blaming the dealers, if you are serious for biz u won't put yourself in a situation where you'll have to tie down your money for 8 months for a meagre 150k profit.

Do the maths!!

Help me tell them oo, the way some Nigerians price cars is very painful and yet someone open this thread as if dey can pay close to 3m for a toyota Camry big daddy. Common 1.5m self na still wahala, talk less of close to 3m, e mean say de car no go sell at all.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by EkeneElectrons(m): 9:27am On Mar 05, 2018
ogtavia:

No matter what you do, Nigerians will still price the car anyhow and beside a car was once a skeleton before it became real, weda you buy clean title or savage, it's just a mechanism. So anyone ye like buy, na human like us make am, so if you like buy, no be God create car

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 9:29am On Mar 05, 2018
valarinz:

Do the maths!!

Just take a look at this id1otic reasoning. You’ve somehow managed to totally miss the point. Abeg simply disclose the facts about your cars and carry your nonsense somewhere else. We know your type. Na una full this place. Ode

3 Likes

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by toask111: 9:29am On Mar 05, 2018
How do one change a car with gas fuel pump to petrol fuel pump. Please I need an answer I'm a novice. All the car on carport runs on Gas

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 9:30am On Mar 05, 2018
EkeneElectrons:

Help me tell them oo, the way some Nigerians price cars is very painful and yet someone open this thread as if dey can pay close to 3m for a toyota Camry big daddy. Common 1.5m self na still wahala, talk less of close to 3m, e mean say de car no go sell at all.

Lol. predictable . It’s the accused and guilty sellers that are here defending presenting accidented cars as clean title and accident free.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by ochardbaby(m): 9:32am On Mar 05, 2018
If you can’t afford to order urself, Believe me u are in a long thing buying cars from nairaland.

Most of them will claim, Nigerians cants afford clean title cars.

Better tell thé buyers,what he is buying !!!

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 9:32am On Mar 05, 2018
toask111:
How do one change a car with gas fuel pump to petrol fuel pump.
Please I need an answer I'm a novice. All the car on carport runs on Gas

Smh. Oga find your way abeg. If you’re actually serious, gas is American for petrol. But I suspect you’re fooling around on a Monday morning
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 9:33am On Mar 05, 2018
ochardbaby:
If you can’t afford to order urself, Believe me u are in a long thing buying cars from nairaland.

Most of them will claim, Nigerians cants afford clean title cars.

Better tell thé buyers,what he is buying !!!

As in. Simple. Fully disclose history. If you like buy car from Sango himself. FULL DISCLOSURE

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by onpoint247: 9:34am On Mar 05, 2018
I love this comment brother, may almighty God strengthen you and continue to bless you for standing by the truth and exposing lies.

We love you man

Explorers:

Yea, i know.....They should stop feeding me and stop buying data for me.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Cosplay: 9:35am On Mar 05, 2018
I urge viewers to go through the links I’ve posted here and see what the true picture of these unscrupulous practices on the autos section is.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by CARLOSZ: 9:35am On Mar 05, 2018
We finally made FP.

Who said we can't take back this forum and restore its sanity?

grin

Cc ipfreely and the demeanors grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 05, 2018
aieromon:
If only Nairaland will enforce the posting of VIN with every advert.

Only confident sellers post VIN and auction pictures of their vehicles.

THEY WILL NOT! If they do, it is bad business for them and Nairaland is business oriented. BB Naija is a perfect example.
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Spensdriod(m): 9:39am On Mar 05, 2018
Definitely i would be bad business for them
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by Bolingoyabongo(m): 9:41am On Mar 05, 2018
I know only insurance cotract is legally subject to the principle of 'uberima fidei' i,e, utmost good faith while most other contract are subject to 'caveat emptor' i,e, let the buyer be ware,
Re: Shocking Transformation Of Some Crashed Cars Sold In Nigeria (Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:48am On Mar 05, 2018
Most of these Nigerian car dealers are criminals. I bought one "accidented" Toyota Rav 4 through one Olu, a "car dealer" based in Abeokuta,for my wife and I have been regretting my decision ever since.I have spent a lot on that car since I bought it; yet it is still not okay. It
is either radiator issue today or gear problem tomorrow. I was swindled by this guy. He repackaged the car for me and I paid dearly for my "stupidity'. I trusted him blindly but my only consolation is that I know he won't have any peace until he addresses that car issue. He has chosen a demon for a shoddy deal- he will forever regret that!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Buying Of All Types Of Cars And Truck Now Made Easy: / Used Tokumbor Tyres, Will Pass For Brand New. / 7 Inch LCD Car Headrest DVD Player, With Zipper Plus 32 bit Game, USB/SD, IR, FM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.