Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria (64007 Views)

The 10 Best Travel Destinations To Visit This Summer 2022 / 5 Must Visit Tourist Destinations In Nigeria / Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by mitchyy(f): 3:58pm On Mar 03, 2018
When Nigeria is mentioned, tourism hardly ever comes to mind. Nigerians travel a lot to other countries for tourism, leaving Nigeria out. Many blame it on lack of tourist centres in Nigeria, but nothing could be farther from the truth. Nigeria is a country rich in culture, beautiful landscapes and adventurous destinations begging to be discovered. One only needs to open their eyes to see the beauty within. There are so many places to explore and this list is not exhaustive; it just contains a few exciting ones we believe you will enjoy exploring this year.

Kajuru castle, Kaduna – Like something out of a fairytale, Kajuru castle is located in Kaduna. This medieval style castle which was built in 1980 by a German expatriate was built as a private apartment, but is now open as a tourist attraction due to its architectural splendor. The castle stands on a collection of hills and is complete with a dungeon, tower, a swimming pool and sauna.

Obudu mountain resort, Crossriver – Obudu would leave you mesmerized with the breathtaking views of the mountains and greenery. The resort has a wide range of activities that everyone can enjoy, ranging from the swimming pool, to the canopy walk, the forest trail, the scenic mountains, to the mini waterfalls and especially the cable cars.

Fifth Chukker Polo resort, Kaduna – Fifth Chukker resort is one of Kaduna’s best kept secrets. It is a Northern styled polo resort with a fully functional equestrian academy. They host polo tournaments and also have lots of attractions for guests like quad bikes, a club house, swimming pool and sporting facilities. Fifth Chukker Resort is a good option if you want a scenic environment to learn to ride a horse.

Rufus and Bee, Lagos – Rufus and Bee is a new arcade game center that offers maximum fun for both kids and adults. If you want to have unlimited fun, it is a place worth exploring.

Idanre hills, Ondo – With 660 steps to climb to the top of the hills and standing proudly at 3000ft above sea level, Idanre hills is one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in Nigeria. More interestingly is the fact that an ancient civilization existed there over 800 years ago and the ruins of that civilization can still be seen. If you love nature and history, you should visit Idanre hills.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-CC-gvZb6oqA/V1XrfgKxvvI/AAAAAAAAXXY/yxIEYMOgwkMVqB1X_CPgcDIsUsk6QcWfACLcB/s1600/DSC00334.JPG[/img]

Lekki conservation center, Lagos-The conservation center is an off-shoot of Nigerian conservation foundation, an NGO which preserves nature parks and conservation centers around Nigeria. Founded in 1990, the center is complete with nature trail, a canopy walkway and the family park. The Canopy walkway is the longest canopy walkway in Africa with a height of 22.5 ft that gives you a bird’s eye view of the forest and some other parts of Lagos.

Abeokuta – The ancient town of Abeokuta has a lot to offer travelers. Olumo rock is one of the foremost tourist attractions in Nigeria. The rock holds a lot of history for the Egba people. Abeokuta also houses the newly completed Olusegun Obasanjo presidential library and Green legacy resort. The innovative library and museum contains history of Nigeria. There are other places like the Itoku adire market, the Abeokuta golf course, the Herbert Ogunde museum, University of Abeokuta Zoo and Alake of Egbaland’s palace.

In this season where buying Nigerian made goods to improve the Naira is a recurring narrative, then enjoying the beautiful sites that Nigeria has to offer should be a priority as well.

Source: www.thesparkng.com/magazine

49 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by chukxie(m): 2:02am On Mar 04, 2018
Nice! I appreciate the effort you put in promoting this tourist sites. I love visiting tourist sites but unfortunately I've never been to any in Nigeria because I don't live there. Nevertheless, I'll try and visit some tourist attractions in Lagos when next I go to Nigeria. Like you mentioned Nigeria is blessed with a lot of tourist attractions. Yes! Sadly, these attractions don't attract a lot of visitors - local and international because our government isn't doing enough to encourage tourism in Nigeria. The tourism industry creates millions of jobs in countries I've visited. Take for example Thailand. Tourism is one of its main stay. African countries like Kenya, South Africa, Morocco, Seychelles... are reaping millions of USD from tourism. Nigeria can, too if only our government can for a bit take a long hard look at the huge revenue it can generate from the tourism industry.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by elmoduddah: 4:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
The kajuru castle is just stunning kiss. I agree with the poster above sha that people don't see naija as a tourist site.

Lalasticlala because this post is not about snake or big brother naija now it won't enter frontpage o. Let's promote our country jare

33 Likes

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Khemhyte(f): 4:13pm On May 18, 2018
mitchyy:
When Nigeria is mentioned, tourism hardly ever comes to mind. Nigerians travel a lot to other countries for tourism, leaving Nigeria out. Many blame it on lack of tourist centres in Nigeria, but nothing could be farther from the truth. Nigeria is a country rich in culture, beautiful landscapes and adventurous destinations begging to be discovered. One only needs to open their eyes to see the beauty within. There are so many places to explore and this list is not exhaustive; it just contains a few exciting ones we believe you will enjoy exploring this year.

Good afternoon sis, how is the family. I've been trying to reach you through nairaland pm before you gave me your email, the email you gave me too is not connecting Please I'm contacting you in reference to the face cream (Neutrogena) you attest to on nairaland. Does it really work? I mean comparing your before and after using it.
Do you think it will help glow a dull dark skin face colour?
Will appreciate your response please

Kajuru castle, Kaduna – Like something out of a fairytale, Kajuru castle is located in Kaduna. This medieval style castle which was built in 1980 by a German expatriate was built as a private apartment, but is now open as a tourist attraction due to its architectural splendor. The castle stands on a collection of hills and is complete with a dungeon, tower, a swimming pool and sauna.

Obudu mountain resort, Crossriver – Obudu would leave you mesmerized with the breathtaking views of the mountains and greenery. The resort has a wide range of activities that everyone can enjoy, ranging from the swimming pool, to the canopy walk, the forest trail, the scenic mountains, to the mini waterfalls and especially the cable cars.

Fifth Chukker Polo resort, Kaduna – Fifth Chukker resort is one of Kaduna’s best kept secrets. It is a Northern styled polo resort with a fully functional equestrian academy. They host polo tournaments and also have lots of attractions for guests like quad bikes, a club house, swimming pool and sporting facilities. Fifth Chukker Resort is a good option if you want a scenic environment to learn to ride a horse.

Rufus and Bee, Lagos – Rufus and Bee is a new arcade game center that offers maximum fun for both kids and adults. If you want to have unlimited fun, it is a place worth exploring.

Idanre hills, Ondo – With 660 steps to climb to the top of the hills and standing proudly at 3000ft above sea level, Idanre hills is one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in Nigeria. More interestingly is the fact that an ancient civilization existed there over 800 years ago and the ruins of that civilization can still be seen. If you love nature and history, you should visit Idanre hills.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-CC-gvZb6oqA/V1XrfgKxvvI/AAAAAAAAXXY/yxIEYMOgwkMVqB1X_CPgcDIsUsk6QcWfACLcB/s1600/DSC00334.JPG[/img]

Lekki conservation center, Lagos-The conservation center is an off-shoot of Nigerian conservation foundation, an NGO which preserves nature parks and conservation centers around Nigeria. Founded in 1990, the center is complete with nature trail, a canopy walkway and the family park. The Canopy walkway is the longest canopy walkway in Africa with a height of 22.5 ft that gives you a bird’s eye view of the forest and some other parts of Lagos.

Abeokuta – The ancient town of Abeokuta has a lot to offer travelers. Olumo rock is one of the foremost tourist attractions in Nigeria. The rock holds a lot of history for the Egba people. Abeokuta also houses the newly completed Olusegun Obasanjo presidential library and Green legacy resort. The innovative library and museum contains history of Nigeria. There are other places like the Itoku adire market, the Abeokuta golf course, the Herbert Ogunde museum, University of Abeokuta Zoo and Alake of Egbaland’s palace.

In this season where buying Nigerian made goods to improve the Naira is a recurring narrative, then enjoying the beautiful sites that Nigeria has to offer should be a priority as well.

Source: www.thesparkng.com/magazine

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 dominique
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by mitchyy(f): 7:34pm On May 18, 2018
Khemhyte:

Pls send me a mail instead. Can't be typing this out here
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Khemhyte(f): 8:42am On May 19, 2018
mitchyy:

Hi sis. What cream in particular? What's the name, cus it's been a while.
Neutrogena face cream
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by mitchyy(f): 12:56pm On May 19, 2018
Khemhyte:

Neutrogena face cream

Mail me instead sis. This is not the right post for this

1 Like

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by OboOlora(f): 11:56pm On May 19, 2018
Lol
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by inkboy: 11:59pm On May 19, 2018

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by koxi: 11:59pm On May 19, 2018
Ok...in other news?
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Postanalyser: 12:00am On May 20, 2018
I didn't see Daura there.
@ OP

11 Likes

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Christane: 12:01am On May 20, 2018
to me visit a bank is very interesting becus i cum back smiling wit my pocket full .

5 Likes

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 12:04am On May 20, 2018
Risky business, how preserved and protected are these places

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Origin(f): 12:08am On May 20, 2018
We have loads of beautiful places in Nigeria. The change is getting information about them.

How do you get to these places, what are the hotel rates, what can they offer. If you check online one may probably not find adequate information on this.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 12:12am On May 20, 2018
Khemhyte:

You just had to quote the entire post abi?

11 Likes

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Mikeross62: 12:14am On May 20, 2018
Cool....
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by anibi9674: 12:16am On May 20, 2018
what about bonny island.
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by OgaTheTop2: 12:17am On May 20, 2018
smiley
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by chuks34(m): 12:17am On May 20, 2018
I really want to visit sambisa forest.
one of Nigeria most dreadest forest
Nairaland I'll keep you updated when I finally get there grin

9 Likes

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by nanotechy: 12:17am On May 20, 2018
Please include AFI mountains wildlife sanctuary in cross river. In fact it should be number one.
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Maxwellinc: 12:20am On May 20, 2018
No security, you will get stabbed to death in any of these places.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:20am On May 20, 2018
No Igbo destination?
I'm a tribalist!!

5 Likes

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by sheddo619(m): 12:24am On May 20, 2018
jaxxy:
Risky business, how preserved and protected are these places
well protected sir
Talking about kajuru castle here
Some top naija made music videos have been shot there sef

2 Likes

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by BE811APP: 12:30am On May 20, 2018
kiss
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by rozayx5(m): 12:31am On May 20, 2018
ikot abasi in Akwa Ibom

Old colonial town

ncie place

with the beach

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Montez90: 12:39am On May 20, 2018
Eko Atlantic City
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by BABANlaraba(m): 12:46am On May 20, 2018
anibi9674:
what about bonny island.
there nothing in bonny island

1 Like

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by hilroy: 12:51am On May 20, 2018
jboy73:
No Igbo destination?

I don't know what their state of condition is right now. But I know pine forest, milliken hill and awhum water fall are nice tourist locations when I did my service in Enugu

4 Likes

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by coldsummer: 1:00am On May 20, 2018
Annoying pay of it is that they are very day apart.

Sad

.�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US / Checkout This Lady Commercial Driver In Lagos (photos) / Drunk Man Rams Into A Compound While Returning From A Club With Ladies. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.