Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria (64023 Views)

The 10 Best Travel Destinations To Visit This Summer 2022 / 5 Must Visit Tourist Destinations In Nigeria / Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Codeman01(m): 5:36am On May 20, 2018
Tinapa resort is there, Obudu cattle ranch, Yankari Game reserve, Erin Ijesha water fall, Ikogosi, Osun Osogbo orchestral shrine, opa oranmiyan, the Igbo irumole and many more unmentioned is there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Pentools(m): 5:41am On May 20, 2018
mitchyy:
When Nigeria is mentioned, tourism hardly ever comes to mind. Nigerians travel a lot to other countries for tourism, leaving Nigeria out. Many blame it on lack of tourist centres in Nigeria, but nothing could be farther from the truth. Nigeria is a country rich in culture, beautiful landscapes and adventurous destinations begging to be discovered. One only needs to open their eyes to see the beauty within. There are so many places to explore and this list is not exhaustive; it just contains a few exciting ones we believe you will enjoy exploring this year.

Kajuru castle, Kaduna – Like something out of a fairytale, Kajuru castle is located in Kaduna. This medieval style castle which was built in 1980 by a German expatriate was built as a private apartment, but is now open as a tourist attraction due to its architectural splendor. The castle stands on a collection of hills and is complete with a dungeon, tower, a swimming pool and sauna.

Obudu mountain resort, Crossriver – Obudu would leave you mesmerized with the breathtaking views of the mountains and greenery. The resort has a wide range of activities that everyone can enjoy, ranging from the swimming pool, to the canopy walk, the forest trail, the scenic mountains, to the mini waterfalls and especially the cable cars.

Fifth Chukker Polo resort, Kaduna – Fifth Chukker resort is one of Kaduna’s best kept secrets. It is a Northern styled polo resort with a fully functional equestrian academy. They host polo tournaments and also have lots of attractions for guests like quad bikes, a club house, swimming pool and sporting facilities. Fifth Chukker Resort is a good option if you want a scenic environment to learn to ride a horse.

Rufus and Bee, Lagos – Rufus and Bee is a new arcade game center that offers maximum fun for both kids and adults. If you want to have unlimited fun, it is a place worth exploring.

Idanre hills, Ondo – With 660 steps to climb to the top of the hills and standing proudly at 3000ft above sea level, Idanre hills is one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in Nigeria. More interestingly is the fact that an ancient civilization existed there over 800 years ago and the ruins of that civilization can still be seen. If you love nature and history, you should visit Idanre hills.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-CC-gvZb6oqA/V1XrfgKxvvI/AAAAAAAAXXY/yxIEYMOgwkMVqB1X_CPgcDIsUsk6QcWfACLcB/s1600/DSC00334.JPG[/img]

Lekki conservation center, Lagos-The conservation center is an off-shoot of Nigerian conservation foundation, an NGO which preserves nature parks and conservation centers around Nigeria. Founded in 1990, the center is complete with nature trail, a canopy walkway and the family park. The Canopy walkway is the longest canopy walkway in Africa with a height of 22.5 ft that gives you a bird’s eye view of the forest and some other parts of Lagos.

Abeokuta – The ancient town of Abeokuta has a lot to offer travelers. Olumo rock is one of the foremost tourist attractions in Nigeria. The rock holds a lot of history for the Egba people. Abeokuta also houses the newly completed Olusegun Obasanjo presidential library and Green legacy resort. The innovative library and museum contains history of Nigeria. There are other places like the Itoku adire market, the Abeokuta golf course, the Herbert Ogunde museum, University of Abeokuta Zoo and Alake of Egbaland’s palace.

In this season where buying Nigerian made goods to improve the Naira is a recurring narrative, then enjoying the beautiful sites that Nigeria has to offer should be a priority as well.

Source: www.thesparkng.com/magazine

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Pentools(m): 5:46am On May 20, 2018
mitchyy:
When Nigeria is mentioned, tourism hardly ever comes to mind. Nigerians travel a lot to other countries for tourism, leaving Nigeria out. Many blame it on lack of tourist centres in Nigeria, but nothing could be farther from the truth. Nigeria is a country rich in culture, beautiful landscapes and adventurous destinations begging to be discovered. One only needs to open their eyes to see the beauty within. There are so many places to explore and this list is not exhaustive; it just contains a few exciting ones we believe you will enjoy exploring this year.

Kajuru castle, Kaduna – Like something out of a fairytale, Kajuru castle is located in Kaduna. This medieval style castle which was built in 1980 by a German expatriate was built as a private apartment, but is now open as a tourist attraction due to its architectural splendor. The castle stands on a collection of hills and is complete with a dungeon, tower, a swimming pool and sauna.

Obudu mountain resort, Crossriver – Obudu would leave you mesmerized with the breathtaking views of the mountains and greenery. The resort has a wide range of activities that everyone can enjoy, ranging from the swimming pool, to the canopy walk, the forest trail, the scenic mountains, to the mini waterfalls and especially the cable cars.

Fifth Chukker Polo resort, Kaduna – Fifth Chukker resort is one of Kaduna’s best kept secrets. It is a Northern styled polo resort with a fully functional equestrian academy. They host polo tournaments and also have lots of attractions for guests like quad bikes, a club house, swimming pool and sporting facilities. Fifth Chukker Resort is a good option if you want a scenic environment to learn to ride a horse.

Rufus and Bee, Lagos – Rufus and Bee is a new arcade game center that offers maximum fun for both kids and adults. If you want to have unlimited fun, it is a place worth exploring.

Idanre hills, Ondo – With 660 steps to climb to the top of the hills and standing proudly at 3000ft above sea level, Idanre hills is one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in Nigeria. More interestingly is the fact that an ancient civilization existed there over 800 years ago and the ruins of that civilization can still be seen. If you love nature and history, you should visit Idanre hills.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-CC-gvZb6oqA/V1XrfgKxvvI/AAAAAAAAXXY/yxIEYMOgwkMVqB1X_CPgcDIsUsk6QcWfACLcB/s1600/DSC00334.JPG[/img]

Lekki conservation center, Lagos-The conservation center is an off-shoot of Nigerian conservation foundation, an NGO which preserves nature parks and conservation centers around Nigeria. Founded in 1990, the center is complete with nature trail, a canopy walkway and the family park. The Canopy walkway is the longest canopy walkway in Africa with a height of 22.5 ft that gives you a bird’s eye view of the forest and some other parts of Lagos.

Abeokuta – The ancient town of Abeokuta has a lot to offer travelers. Olumo rock is one of the foremost tourist attractions in Nigeria. The rock holds a lot of history for the Egba people. Abeokuta also houses the newly completed Olusegun Obasanjo presidential library and Green legacy resort. The innovative library and museum contains history of Nigeria. There are other places like the Itoku adire market, the Abeokuta golf course, the Herbert Ogunde museum, University of Abeokuta Zoo and Alake of Egbaland’s palace.

In this season where buying Nigerian made goods to improve the Naira is a recurring narrative, then enjoying the beautiful sites that Nigeria has to offer should be a priority as well.

When I see the free gift on nature and enviable endowment that insurgency, insecurity and corruption robbed us of...

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by lagdmark(m): 5:51am On May 20, 2018
jaxxy:
Risky business, how preserved and protected are these places
Everything you do on this earth is risky, even when you sleep, drive to work, on airplane, or eat food.

1 Like

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:14am On May 20, 2018
go to the conservation centre at your own risk. complete and total waste of money
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by bullabong(m): 6:16am On May 20, 2018
mitchyy:

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:49am On May 20, 2018
That list is not complete without adding Ogbunike Cave and Ethiope River ( an amazing river that starts from under a tree) all in Blessed Alaigbo.
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00am On May 20, 2018
Maxwellinc:
No security, you will get stabbed to death in any of these places.

Don't be silly. angry
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Adanne9110(f): 7:01am On May 20, 2018
mitchyy:

I've used different face creams from Neutrogena. Pls check the post where I talked about it from the name of the cream I mentioned so i can remember

dear, the cream is quite nice but it's better to exfoliate first before using,,,,look. for exfoliants like APRICOT SCRUB or u do the natural one of LEMON
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by aywhy93(m): 7:09am On May 20, 2018
Emycord:
E Just Visit nairaland And You Will Be ok. The Topic Is Not For Guys Like You. Trump Will Need It More Let Me copy Him

LOL... So the topic is for guys like who..? I just mentioned the reason why Nigerians generally don't visit any tourist centre in Nigeria and why most people don't even know they exist.

BTW, where have you been to? List out ALL the tourist sites you've been to, Home and Abroad. I doubt if you've even covered 1/16 of where I've been to and you're running mouth. Sorry Ehn cry
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by DrMuzungu(m): 7:38am On May 20, 2018
Add Gurara falls and Yankari.
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by otokx(m): 7:47am On May 20, 2018
The supporting infrastructure are not adequate and in some cases the actual site is rub down as reported here in nairaland of obudu ranch where the services are depreciating.
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Viking007(m): 7:56am On May 20, 2018
chukxie:
Nice! I appreciate the effort you put in promoting this tourist sites. I love visiting tourist sites but unfortunately I've never been to any in Nigeria because I don't live there. Nevertheless, I'll try and visit some tourist attractions in Lagos when next I go to Nigeria. Like you mentioned Nigeria is blessed with a lot of tourist attractions. Yes! Sadly, these attractions don't attract a lot of visitors - local and international because our government isn't doing enough to encourage tourism in Nigeria. The tourism industry creates millions of jobs in countries I've visited. Take for example Thailand. Tourism is one of its main stay. African countries like Kenya, South Africa, Morocco, Seychelles... are reaping millions of USD from tourism. Nigeria can, too if only our government can for a bit take a long hard look at the huge revenue it can generate from the tourism industry.
Who would want to visit a country where they can get kidnapped & killed? Or with nonstop boko haram suicide bombers? Nigeria has a long way to go.
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by SoapQueen(f): 8:07am On May 20, 2018
vicardino:
Can we visit there together? I'm in zaria, my first time ever in d northern part of this country

Thank you. That sounds nice but I prefer to be by myself. I want to see the world, alone!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by gregyboy(m): 8:16am On May 20, 2018
I know of hotel built in benin....its built like the benin traditional structures with a museum of artefact there ....with also many art ....white people go there for tourism takes picture because they found something different from what they see around promoting a castle culture that is not ours is not worth it ...we need promote our structures to the white before they completely feel we never had any.....
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 8:19am On May 20, 2018
The list is incomplete without Oshogbo where you get the best of weeds in Nigeria
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 8:30am On May 20, 2018
oruma19:
rufus and bee is the main reason for this thread,. it is an advert and we wont condone it. go and pay to seun osewa if u want ur services advertised on nairaland. i have been to rufus and bee just by the sea shore at lekki, its very fine and u sure will enjoy urself. but to categorise it as a tourist attraction, na big lie, na game centre.
good morning boss. I would like to visit the Rufus and bee game centre when I come to lag. I would need directions . can you help me with it?
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by emperorblog(m): 8:30am On May 20, 2018
have read about the idanre hill before
and am olaning to visit..... i meva imagine we have such castle in nigeria before

emperorblog.com.ng

1 Like

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:31am On May 20, 2018
I don't know about others but for me,I will not step my feet in those places cos Nigerians don't know anything about tourism hospitality. In all these places,what do they have that's special that will attract people? What of different types of activities that will keep u busy or u will just go and start climbing hills and walking round bushes?
That's why they will never attract foreigners cos they are all boring. What of security? Access to outside world should there be emergency. Some of those places should be navigated with helicopters but do they have any?
Tourism is a very lucrative biz for countries who know what it stood for. Nigerian govt is busy looking for oil that they forgot that they can make billions every year through tourism and employ more workers than the oil industry do.
useless country
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by vicardino(m): 8:32am On May 20, 2018
That's cool, all the best.
SoapQueen:

Thank you. That sounds nice but I prepare to be by myself. I want to see the world, alone!

1 Like

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Oduwils222(m): 8:37am On May 20, 2018
chukxie:
Nice! I appreciate the effort you put in promoting this tourist sites. I love visiting tourist sites but unfortunately I've never been to any in Nigeria because I don't live there. Nevertheless, I'll try and visit some tourist attractions in Lagos when next I go to Nigeria. Like you mentioned Nigeria is blessed with a lot of tourist attractions. Yes! Sadly, these attractions don't attract a lot of visitors - local and international because our government isn't doing enough to encourage tourism in Nigeria. The tourism industry creates millions of jobs in countries I've visited. Take for example Thailand. Tourism is one of its main stay. African countries like Kenya, South Africa, Morocco, Seychelles... are reaping millions of USD from tourism. Nigeria can, too if only our government can for a bit take a long hard look at the huge revenue it can generate from the tourism industry.
Yes u r right. But the private coy & some rich pple in dos places shud also help d gov

1 Like

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by onadana: 8:40am On May 20, 2018
chukxie:

Those countries don't have resources that makes them lazy like us such as crude oil,gas etc in commercial quantity.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by SuyaEater(m): 8:49am On May 20, 2018
Is boko haram in Kaduna? Ill love to visit that castle.
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by oruma19: 9:17am On May 20, 2018
Cutehector:
good morning boss. I would like to visit the Rufus and bee game centre when I come to lag. I would need directions . can you help me with it?
its at lekki, the first round about after the toll gate, navigate right of the round about and go like 500m drive, turn right and ask pple around there. It's just by the sea shore.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by aniblue(m): 9:42am On May 20, 2018
Ibeno beach
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by austinauto(m): 9:52am On May 20, 2018
mitchyy:

I've used different face creams from Neutrogena. Pls check the post where I talked about it from the name of the cream I mentioned so i can remember
Go for Skin Analysis and get a good recommendation. Kikelomo of Woorergold Medispa plus is a UK certified Damertherapist. I will direct you to her if interested.
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by labumar: 10:09am On May 20, 2018
How I wish I have money. I for .....
Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20am On May 20, 2018
how can I locate idanre hills in ondo? would there be other site seeing there and how much for entry for two.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Exciting Destinations To Visit In Nigeria by ubox: 10:21am On May 20, 2018
Maxwellinc:
No security, you will get stabbed to death in any of these places.
Says who

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aerial Coverage Of Oba, Anambra State( Video&photos) / Checkout This Lady Commercial Driver In Lagos (photos) / Akara Is A Big Business In Brazil (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.