Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba (37825 Views)

List Of Nigeria University That Can Give You Admission Without Writing Jamb / Does High JAMB Score Automatically Grant You Admission? / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Xisnin(m): 8:09am On Mar 11, 2018
chumakk:
What happens to when Niger Delta says you must speak their language before you buy petrol?

Are we sure Lagos state government is not using this stupid directives to distract people from the new ways of taxing people to death?
Niger-Delta don't sell petrol!

11 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:10am On Mar 11, 2018
tribalism *so if am not yoruba *i wont gain admission

1 Like

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Uyi168: 8:10am On Mar 11, 2018
olril17:

so you can't sport sacarsm
..Nor vex,i neva chop this morning..now,i get d drift

1 Like

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Aldebaran(m): 8:10am On Mar 11, 2018
Nice...

At least Yoruba is part of our language..

2 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Rochex4ng: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2018
olril17:

but, but Lagos is no mans land na..

Don’t ever say that..it been owned by yorubas and that’s why they are protecting it from the so called north and east..if you think that’s not the best for them go to the court of appeal

3 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by EarthXmetahuman: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2018
foleskay:

Ur name says it all.. Senseless idiot.. Lemme also add senseless fool to ur name
another pained flat head ..

Oya cry me a river grin

9 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by debolayinka(m): 8:12am On Mar 11, 2018
This will reduce number of applicants in their state institutions, but still does not stop the fact that connection is still required to gain admission.
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Ellabae(f): 8:12am On Mar 11, 2018
This is not a good idea

1 Like

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Xisnin(m): 8:12am On Mar 11, 2018
fr3do:
Outright intolerance and tribalism
Illiterate, Lagos has made its law, you can now go back to your village where sub-tribalism is
even practised inside the church.

11 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by cr7lomo: 8:12am On Mar 11, 2018
olril17:

slam your head on the slab and die or go back to your cursed erosion ravaged land..

U and ur family are the ones that are cursed... with the way u reason

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by olril17(m): 8:13am On Mar 11, 2018
Rochex4ng:

Don’t ever say that..it been owned by yorubas and that’s why they are protecting it from the so called north and east..if you think that’s not the best for them go to the court of appeal
take it easy bro..its sarcasm...
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by chumakk: 8:13am On Mar 11, 2018
Xisnin:

Niger-Delta don't sell petrol!
where do you get your crude oil from? From your village?

2 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:13am On Mar 11, 2018
americanson:
the Igbos caused it. One nairalander told them that since they have decided to scream Lagos is no man's land, he will make sure that this thing u are reading now becomes a reality... And now we are here.
abi .and u think the igbo no get uni for them home.mumu

7 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Rochex4ng: 8:13am On Mar 11, 2018
nkwuocha:
Nice.
As an igbo man, I concur!
Learning the language of your enemies is one advantage over them. Ask the Israelis. cool

So I urge my igbo folks to learn the Yoruba language and Hausa as well.

Learn it but you would be ask to point to your father’s house and where is he from...

11 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Brugo(m): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2018
cheesy

Biafrans: Lehgos is no man's land...

Ambode: [Gives them a nice upper cut]

Biafrans: They are marginalising us o!. Help! UN! Donald Okechukwu Trump! Heeeelllp eh!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

22 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Ekealterego: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2018
Coming at a time when schools around the world are trying to make their schools more international, here in Nigeria, UNIVERSities are trying to aleniate diversity. How will you attract the best candidates? Shithole!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2018
tribalism will kill Yoruba people

4 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2018
SenselessIdiot:
Who still go to afonja states to school,l when our heads and skull won't be safe.
No I'd rather apply for bornu state university.
Afonjas are blood thirsty lazy criminals
EarthXmetahuman:
[s][/s]ofcourse, illiterate flat headed gala hawkers cannot afford to go to Yoruba afonja schools.

They are okay with migrating to afonja land I death trap ekenedichukwu buses to sell gala and do prostitution grin

The two of you, calm down.

The point of this measure is that many Nigerian languages are dying out...slowly. And efforts must be made to preserve them.

Now, Lagos , while doing it the wrong way...is at least acknowledging the problem.

I think we should evolve strategies to promote our languages...eg evening/extramural classes, online learning programmes, speaking our language to our children, etc.

And people who don't speak Yoruba should seize the opportunity to learn the lingo. After all, Nnamdi Azikiwe spoke Igbo and Yoruba fluently, and even spoke some Hausa...and it didn't do him any harm.
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by nkwuocha: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
tribalism *so if am not yoruba *i wont gain admission

Learn it! It's not that hard to learn. Once you put great effort, one can get a credit on it.

3 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Optional09: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2018
fr3do:
Outright intolerance and tribalism

Find the closest lagoon my buddy

4 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by olril17(m): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2018
cr7lomo:

U and ur family are the ones that are cursed... with the way u reason
tell that to your cursed ancestors who are fighting for Eze ndigbo in Ibadan...shameless people

15 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 11, 2018
americanson:
the Igbos caused it. One nairalander told them that since they have decided to scream Lagos is no man's land, he will make sure that this thing u are reading now becomes a reality... And now we are here.
Mtcheeew!
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Follygunners: 8:15am On Mar 11, 2018
olril17:

but, but Lagos is no mans land na..

Says who? Abeg, watch ur statement... angry

2 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Tundex4real(m): 8:16am On Mar 11, 2018
The Lagos state government are trying to promote d indigenous language called Yoruba and prevent it frm going to extinction.. It is a welcome idea tho some pple will b against dis development oweing to numerous tribal groups present in Lagos...All d state government can do is jxt DAT they should try and balance the thread bfore hammering and forcing an efik speaking student into learning Yoruba by fire by Thunder...

Meanwhile,get ur cheapest data for all networks at affordable rates..check ma signature
Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by cr7lomo: 8:16am On Mar 11, 2018
That's y I keep on saying that this country ain't one...just look at the way these ones reason...just imagine if other states apply this same rule ... mandating someone to learn a language that isn't his or her mother's tongue...they just don't know that they are dividing this country even more...good good

6 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Xisnin(m): 8:17am On Mar 11, 2018
chumakk:
where do you get your crude oil from? From your village?
Vehicles, Trucks and generators don't use crude.
They use refined petroleum product which are all imported and
there are so many suppliers in the world market.
This is a basic knowledge and I wonder why you don't know that
crude cannot power any machine.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Xbee007(m): 8:17am On Mar 11, 2018
adekennis:

Nice one...To checkmate those who feel Lagos is no man's land
So denying them admission will change the fact that foreigners are getting more successful in Yorubaland than indigenes?

This sort of protectionism in this present age will bring nothing but trouble. Instead of Ambode and his lawmakers to focus on the real problems facing Lagos, such as the filth suffocating Lagos, they are busy passing laws that doesn't really benefit anyone.

4 Likes

Re: These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba by Follygunners: 8:18am On Mar 11, 2018
Great move indeed! All SW schools should adopt this model, abeg! Yoruba 4 life! cool

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria / Result Controversy: ‘It’s Unfair, Not My Fault’, Mmesoma Says On JAMB 3-Year Ban / Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.